• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Garland Tukuvma drank from his stein of alcohol watching the surroundings from the bar, listening to the conversations and arguments that were occurring around. It was most delicious and juicy. The people here were all troubled by so many things, and they seemed to have difficulty getting along. Such a shame on that. If only they could work together against the major threats that seemed to be working up all around them. But that was neither here nor there.

His line of thought was distracted when a hand was furiously waved in front of his face. It was distracting to say the very least, and he was about to say something very off putting as per the station that he was pretending to be when he got a look at who it was. Why it was the marvelous Mei. As two members from the same kingdom, they had both been pretty inseparable since they had first met long ago.

"It's no trouble at all Mei. It merely had given me more time to observe these people in their natural habitats. You know how that is a hobby for me to perfect my craft. That doesn't change the timetable at all."

Garland's face lit up in a wide grin as Mei started reenacting the entire scenario that had befallen her.

"Sounds like you had quite the morning then."

waifu waifu

To Slay A Beast: Citizens Divided

Kendar, who wasn’t a man who did anything in a hasty fashion, turned to the man who had addressed them in regards to the Eska. “I’m following up on a lead I’ve been tracking for a while now.” He said cautiously, his eyes trailing over the hunter through narrow veils. “I’ve already enlisted the services of one hunter. Who might you be?”

Castello seemed confused that the shamen spoke first. He steeled his gaze on the man and sighed. "Commander Castello. I've already taken up the contract for the Hell Hawk, so I think I will be pursuing that lead. Now, I need any information you three have collected on it - the age of the hawk, suspicious figures, prints, leads, anything."

Lyco winced as the unknown man called out to him and his associates. Are the military here too..? He would have made a run for the exit had he not been frozen in fear. He turned to face the man, expecting the worst, but was relieved upon catching sight of his strange attire; he was a Slayer. He considered introducing himself to the man, but Castello had made it clear that he wasn't here to exchange pleasantries. Lyco stayed quiet and listened to Castello and Kendar as the two of them spoke to each other. Kendar internally scoffed at the man’s bravado, though outwardly he remained stoic. “Some of us have more stake in this than monetary gain, Jai.” Kendar began slowly as he took a step forward towards the commander. “If you wish for my information you will have to be assisting me.” Kendar stood to his full height as he continued. “...however. I don’t care for the coin. Whoever gave you this contract? You can keep it. I want the man, not the money.” If it was indeed the man he had been searching for. For all Kendar knew it wasn’t, but he had exacted his will upon this lead above all others. Though if a contract had been put on the man then he must be making quite the stir. Still... “I share the information with you, then I join your hunt. This is non-negotiable, I’m afraid.”

The commander scoffed at the thought. "Join me? A civilian, joining me on their own accord and not by the decree of a Slayer? You're pretty cocky for an outlander." His smile dropped as he returned to his usual demeanor. "I don't need or want your assistance. This contract belongs to me, and you will, by Slayer law, not interfere with my work. I am willing to offer extra resources or Skil with you for the information, or to any of you who feel compelled to share, but I don't want to see you getting involved with my investigation from here on out."

“I’ve been following the lead of this individual for weeks, nigh months, Jai. A scared denote who offers you a handful of coin does not make your authority over the work I’ve seen to valid” Kendar didn’t think the man would budge on his own say, something telling the Druid that he usually got what he wanted. However Kendar kept his voice level, drawing his staff close to him. “I’m a Druid of the Infernium circle, and I will elect my will into this matter as a professional interest of my circle if it eases your bravado. If we should come to an impasse on this agreement? Well my life has made me a stubborn man, Jaiken. I assure you. My volition holds heavier meaning that whatever contract you’ve been issued. Slayer Law or not, this hunt belongs to me. Not everyone can be bought.”

"For Prelos sake!" Velma finally spoke up after watching the pissing match. Under her mask hid a mischievous grin yet again as she stepped forward. She looked up to the commander, who was a bit taller than her. What a nuisance. She always thought he was hip to hip with contractors that let him get the first peek at the pot. Her head slowly tilted to the side. "The bird came from south Heinrel." It came from the north. "It was a couple years old." A few months, at most. "And there were rumors of a man selling dread, also in south Heinrel." Lie after lie, Velma delivered each with charisma and confidence. If Castello could tell, well, he'd have to see through masks. "Now if you'll excuse us, my friend is dying in a bed upstairs. I don't care about this damn bird. I could care less about the coin, the only thing I need is this druid and the alchemist." She looked to Kendar as if she just ruined all of his plans, laying a hand on her shoulder as she shook her head. "I'm sorry friend, as this is important to you, I must put Deinto's life ahead of it. You'll have to let the commander get a head start." She knew this wizard was wide, but she hoped Lyco didn't comment anything that would spoil her ruse.

Castello stared for a moment, processing the information. "Finally," he said, his expression softening just a tad, "someone helpful. But I'd drop the attitude, Hunter, it would get you real far with the higher-ups." He turned beginning his tread into the urban wilderness. "Ta-ta now." He gave a casual gesture of goodbye before stepping out of the tavern all together.

"Kekeke..." Velma chuckled evily as the door closed behind him, turning to Kendar with a large grin underneath her mask. "It'll at least take him a day to burn out all loose ends on the other side of town, that should give you a good headstart, hmm?" She resumed trudging towards the tavern stairs, pulling her cloak further around herself as her tone became more serious. "Now that that's taken care of, there's not much time..." Her cloak billowed and bounced as she stomped up the stairs, her thick boots thunking heavily. Velma knew the druid was smart, but the way he spoke of the subject with the commander told him that Kendar wouldn't be backing down. A wise fool, she thought. She could learn him a thing or two, but then again, she had a lot to learn as well.

Velma Pierce
Heinrel Tavern
Kendar, Lyco & Castello

Velma was pleased to see their compliance, even the inexperienced alchemist would help with his brews. She muttered to herself as Kendar called her out for her desperation. Her posture stiffened as she stood straight, killing her rather casual mood like a knife. Her eyes were trained on Kendar as he continued to speak, still grateful of his services. The young woman turned as she was dismissed to lead them to her quarters, only getting a step forward before being interrupted by some pompous prick. This was exactly the kind of interruption she was hoping to miss. She had heard him entered, thus rushing her two companions approval to see her friend. She turned sideways to look at the commander with a slight scoff. Castello, wasn't it? First to the job, first to the coin. Just because she respected his work did not mean she liked him, especially right now. She rested her palm on the sword beneath her cloak.

--------------------Short Interaction One-------------------- [/pindent

Velma sighed as she grabbed the handle of her door, looking back to her companions. She didn't want to address her friends specifics in fear of a hostile response of any eavesdropping patrons. People weren't very kind to her friend, they were too dense in the head to understand such things.

"Please refrain from reaching for any weapons, he's skittish."
Velma opened the door, hurrying them inside before closing it quickly. A small lump underneath the sheets of the bed shuddered a bit. If it was a human, it must've been a small child, but that confusion would soon be resolved as Velma approached the lump and slowly removed the sheets, revealing her little friend...
Krilk.jpg
Velma looked to the two of them to make sure they didn't attack. That would make things very hard, seeing as she needed their help to heal him. A wound on it's left leg was clearly a bite, a thin black film over the wound.
"Please stay calm... This is Jeto. He won't harm you, I promise..."
She motioned to the wound as she cautiously kept between the Krilk and her new friends. She took a deep breath.
"I gave him every treatment I know, it's slowed it down, but I don't know how much longer he has. Please, I need him. He's the only family I have."
Velma slowly backed away as Jeto looked up to the two of them, razor sharp tarsal claws tucked into it's torso. Krilk were commonly known to farm-folk as a nuisance. They were parasites in a way, finding a large animal as prey, killing them, and hollowing them out as a source of food and a warm place to sleep for the night. They were very hard to rid of too, seeing as though they were very territorial around their nests. Out of the few animals to survive this hell of a world, the Krilk was one of them, and out of all the animals Velma was to tame, she chose Jeto here. It seemed nervous, but it didn't show any hostility. Velma did a good job domesticating him.
"It happened seven hours ago, I think I slowed it enough. Please, is there anything you can do?"
She looked to Lyco and Kendar. The mage told her not to hope, but that's all she had left.
mauverie mauverie Tulik Tulik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back