Advice/Help To roleplay or not to roleplay?

Rekai Leon

The Fluffy Kitty
Has anyone ever been stuck in an in-between state which you wanna join a new roleplay, but are afraid that you won’t be able to reply on a regular basis? That’s what I’m in right now, lol…

To roleplay or not to roleplay

That is the question

Has anyone ever been stuck in an in-between state which you wanna join a new roleplay, but are afraid that you won’t be able to reply on a regular basis? That’s what I’m in right now, lol…

All the time. That is one of the reasons why I am so picky in terms of what roleplays I choose. It helps to prevent me biting off more than I can chew. Still happens sometimes though, when I let my craving get me over my better judgement and I take chances with the pacing.

I think a good rule of thumb for starters is don’t make promises you can’t keep. Join roleplays with a pacing you’re sure you can keep up with even if you are busy, rather than those you can keep up with “under normal circumstances”.

What Idea Idea has said is something that I certainly need to remind myself of. Don't by off more than I can chew. Especially with my weird availability. 'Cause I am certainly Exhibit A. I have had many spells where I'm all gun-ho. I have rapid fire replies, and am very communicative but then boom, life. Life just sweeps me off my feet like some deranged knight on a cheap horse. We ride off into the sunset, never to be seen until months or even a year later. It's awful and honestly unintentional. Which is why I typically only focus on 1x1s. Those are more personable, manageable, and they can stay on hiatus only to be revived again. I haven't joined a group RP for this reason. My time is just too sporadic. Especially since I graduated college. 40 hour work weeks are not a part of my routine and I can't schedule my day down to a T to be able to say "oh yeah, I'll reply tonight."

All the time :(
But id in doubt - don't roleplay. It's better to regret not roleplaying (because you can always get to it when you have a chance) than regret having constant guilt over not being able to keep up, letting rp partners down and not progressing a roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back