• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy To Resurrect The Demon King [CLOSED]

MiraAutumn

The Fall Maiden
I've had this sitting away in my private workshop for a while now, so I think I'm pretty fond of this idea :>
To Resurrect The Demon King
"A decade ago, it was said that there was a being so evil and twisted, that blood and terror dripped from his very being. He ruled over the darkness, stamping out rebellion with a mere wave of his hand. He was immortal, omnipotent even, until that fateful day. Four heroes, rulers of their respective elements, combined their powers in an attempt to defeat him. Blessed by the princess of light, they triumphed and the world has lived in peace ever since." - The Legend of the Four Heroes

However, this is not a fairytale, flooded with lies and fantasies about peace and light. The Demon King did not rule alone. Beneath him were many faithful servants, maintaining order for the beings of darkness and allowing refuge from the horrific world of light. Those that were saved by the darkness, will rise up once more in the name of their king.

In this roleplay you will play as monsters or 'evil' races(perhaps even a 'good' race if you come up with a coherent enough backstory for it) who desire to resurrect the lost demon king. You could play a loyal servant of his, someone who just wants to watch the world of light burn etc. Either way you would have a reason why you would want to go on this quest.

The king was butchered into body parts, which were kept in sacred tombs across the world. The first arc will entail retrieving each of these. Of course, the kingdoms of light will try to stop you.

Requirements/Rules:
  • 2+ paragraphs per post, with at least 4-5 sentences in each. May make an exception in dialogue heavy scenes, although even to these I hope you can add thoughts/gestures/expressions/feelings to your posts. Don't feel pressured to match the post lengths of others, if all you do is post 2 paragraphs per post, that's fine. I'd also rather not have novels to read and sift through every day, so perhaps 10 paragraphs or so max.
  • Post at least once every few days, I'll be moving the plot along once every few days OR if everyone else has already posted. I will not delay the roleplay for everyone else if you need more time, this requirement is here for a reason. You can always catch up in later posts, and if you need a hiatus that's fine, I can give you a summary once you return. If you frequently do this I will probably boot you though.
  • Decent grammar, punctuation, spelling and knowledge of the english language, with varied sentence structures. If I do not see evidence of this in your character sheet you will not be accepted. If I don't find your character interesting enough/fun to roleplay with, you may also not be accepted.
  • If you want to leave, regardless of reason, let me know so I can potentially recruit more members. If you just ghost I probably won't allow you to participate in future roleplays.
  • Willingness to contribute to plot and lore.
  • Willingness to cooperate with your fellow roleplayers.
  • Adheres to RpNs guidelines. Fade to black if needed.
  • No godmodding, mary sues, etc.
  • My word is law. If I tell you to leave, you leave.
  • Rules subject to change at my discretion.
Setting
  • High medieval fantasy - no guns or automations, magic is allowed(more on this later, won't be as simple as saying a special line and fire blasts from your fingertips), horse carriages as main means of transport, most fantasy races allowed etc.
  • I will create the basic world lore, drafting out kingdoms and the like, but I expect you to create your own lore which I'll write in and implement further. For example, if you make your character come from a noble family, or even a royal that I haven't particularly fleshed out, I expect some details on the current state of the family, their reputation, history etc. Another example is if you create specific geographic locations, like a valley/lake/settlement. I'll expect a name for it and lore around it, perhaps how it came to be, what legends surround it, its source of trade, etc. Then I'll compile this in the lore for future reference so we don't have to scroll through character sheets :>
Other Info
  • I will probably look for 5-10 players(Minus me, who will GM and not have a character, rather describe the scene and move the plot along) but this is just an estimate, I may accept more/less.
  • I sleep now, so if there are any questions when I wake up, I'll answer them then. Also I posted this on my phone so if the BBCode/layout somehow exploded I'll fix it tomorrow lol
  • I have quite a few ideas for this, but I didn't want to flesh anything out till I checked if anyone was interested.

Last edited:
Super interested in joining this campaign! An old D&D character of mine would be perfect for this, as his backstory is that he is a "good" character who is destined to murder his royal family and cause the resurrection of an ancient Black Mage King. He has been possessed by the spirits enslaved by that Dark King, and is trying to discover a way to break free so he can forge his own fate. HOWEVER, his mother is trapped in the tomb of that king which lies under their kingdom by black magic, so he HAS to go along with the evil plans. for now...
OR I can play some other character lol. I am not picky.

Super interested in joining this campaign! An old D&D character of mine would be perfect for this, as his backstory is that he is a "good" character who is destined to murder his royal family and cause the resurrection of an ancient Black Mage King. He has been possessed by the spirits enslaved by that Dark King, and is trying to discover a way to break free so he can forge his own fate. HOWEVER, his mother is trapped in the tomb of that king which lies under their kingdom by black magic, so he HAS to go along with the evil plans. for now...
OR I can play some other character lol. I am not picky.
That sounds interesting, perhaps the other characters have to keep watch on him to ensure he doesn't run away/betray them. I would need more details to firmly give you my approval though, but that should probably wait till I have the lore fleshed out and the character sheets ready.
sounds interesting enought
Thanks for being interested! Unfortunately, since I've been in numerous other roleplays with you by now, I know that your writing does not fit my requirements. It's not your fault, it's mine for being picky. Best of luck in your future roleplays.

That sounds interesting, perhaps the other characters have to keep watch on him to ensure he doesn't run away/betray them. I would need more details to firmly give you my approval though, but that should probably wait till I have the lore fleshed out and the character sheets ready.

Thanks for being interested! Unfortunately, since I've been in numerous other roleplays with you by now, I know that your writing does not fit my requirements. It's not your fault, it's mine for being picky. Best of luck in your future roleplays.
A little rude.. but fair...

So far we have 12/14(not sure if reacting to my post registers interest) potentially interested, so I will be closing this for now. I personally wasn't expecting this to get this much interest in one night, but I'll have to see who sticks around :3

So we can only play as evil races unless we have a compelling backstory? Wouldn't it be more fun to pit our characters against each other?

So we can only play as evil races unless we have a compelling backstory? Wouldn't it be more fun to pit our characters against each other?
In the future please ask questions in the OOC thread to avoid bumping this thread, considering my interest check is already closed ^^

The focus of this roleplay isn't to fight each other, considering I have a plot in mind for the set of characters. If you would like something like that I recommend searching up interest checks with the 'Colosseum' tag. I personally am not too fond of roleplays that have two distinct sides of characters, unless they're literally all located in the same place, since it gets confusing. For example when the angels are in heaven and the demons are in hell, it becomes two seperate rps no? Unless they're battling 24/7 in Earth or whatever.

I believe I didn't write a 'compelling' backstory as being needed, just one that makes sense(coherent). Don't expect me to allow some random farmer dude to join the quest to revive the Demon King out of literally nowhere. If he has fallen into a state of despair/desires revenge for something then perhaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back