• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy To Kill An Assassin (MAYOR STILL NEEDED)

Sicarius

Shadow Prince
Supporter

TO KILL AN ASSASSIN

Bounty Hunter,

On behalf of the great city of Lake Ridge I first and foremost thank you for the consideration of services; time is just as valuable as money, and I assure you all... the price of this job will most certainly not waste any of yours.

Of course, you know what currently plagues our city. If you have not seen it plastered over international news, you may have heard it being spoken about throughout the country. It is not the economy, policies, sickness or disease that threatens our homes. No, the pinnacle of our troubles is solely accredited to one man alone; The Assassin.

Truly a man of the utmost mystery and complexity, this wolf is a plight to those who reside in Lake Ridge... and possibly a direct threat to governments and nations should he go as far. This unknown entity ravages through the streets of our lovely neighborhoods, and stalks the plains and woods of our city. The death toll has taken a substantial rise in Lake Ridge, something that simply cannot be tolerated. This monstrosity terrorizing our towns and killing off our citizens must be put down. This task that is required, has forced my hand to select you all.

You, and many others have now been offered a high reward for eliminating this killer. The city and myself call upon all Bounty Hunters who are willing to utilize your specialized talents and abilities to send this 'Assassin' to his grave!

Not only will you benefit yourself, but you will be heralded as Lake Ridge's savior. Prosperity and glory await you my friends... and this is your opportunity to claim it.

$5,000,000 should be quite the motivator. Those interested will be required to meet with me and my subordinates at City Hall on Saturday, November 19th at 7:00pm. There we will discuss the rules and regulations in how this villian is to be taken down, as well as to how the reward shall be distributed.

I look forward to your presence this weekend.

Best regards,

Mayor Lyrum Finnigan of Lake Ridge

(Mayor Lyrum Finnigan of Lake Ridge)

Synopsis
The setting is Lake Ridge, a bustling city located in the state of New York bordering Pennsylvania; surrounded by water and forests. Built upon corporations and business just like the State it is located in, Lake Ridge has been mostly successful. Its topography and surrounding natural areas draw in people from all over to either vacation or retire there. The economy has been thriving, and the influx of goods entering the market has hit record highs. The profit and production in the city is so great, that the Mayor has begun the process of turning Lake Ridge into a miniscule Utopia of the sorts.

However, that vision has been weakened due to an unknown assassin killing off key CEO's and political entities within Lake Ridge. At first, it was a few incidents here and there. Now? The whole city is practically in disarray. People are leaving, companies are withdrawing, and Lake Ridge is now the talk of the times; and not in a positive light.

The mayor has sent out letters to known Bounty Hunters offering a reward to rid the city of the assassin, opening borders and lowering pricing of hotels to accommodate those who want a chance at the killer. He has also sent out a general announcement to those who are not even licensed to bring in this person; dead or alive.

It is time to bring comfort to a broken city, peace of mind to the frightened, security to the uncertain; but most importantly...

It is time to Kill An Assassin.

38505-1920x1200.jpg

It is the time for action; true change shall come to this city... I'll make sure of it.
Mayor Finnigan

This was a role play I had created last year, but never got to fully immerse myself in; and ultimately lost it after the hacking of my email. From the direction it was going, it was very successful and engaging. Now I have returned, and want to restart the entire role play and try it again with new people. If anyone does remember this I encourage the return of your original characters if you wish.

The main theme of this role play obviously is for everyone to be on the hunt to kill this assassin no one has hardly any information about. No one knows who he is, what he looks like, what his methods are, or his motives. I myself, shall be taking the role of this assassin in the role play.

The plot is layered into several story arcs, and one of them actually shifting focus on the "big bad" entirely. That's right, the assassin won't always be the center of attention or driving force of this role play. There is a big story-line I have planned, and is currently still in the works! While the assassin is kind of the main deal for the role play, what will progress the plot line more will be up to you guys. I highly encourage developing relationships among characters (romantic or friendly), as well as living out your "lives" according to the nature of your character (Additionally, the assassin himself can be romanced). Also as a quick note, you do not have to be only a bounty hunter in this role play; you could be a politician, a citizen, et cetera. The role of Mayor is open, but before he is cast you must PM me first to discuss his relevance and how I wish for him to be played.

Characters are also not confined to reality. I want to have a more modern and realistic feel to it, but this story is still very much fantasy. When the actual role play is open, the synopsis and overview will be edited accordingly. I just wanted to see if anyone was interested in the plot first. The assassin will have some supernatural powers, and as a hint he is not entirely human. This means that your characters can and probably should have supernatural powers too, though it is completely unnecessary and at your discretion. Please note that no one should be all powerful and over the top with their selection of abilities, and neither will my assassin posses too much power. If needed, we might even use the DICE option here to even things out and add variables to the story-line. Also, humans are not the only type of characters here either. Elves, part werewolves, and anything you want to make your character is perfectly acceptable. While like I said there is a modern and realistic feel to the story, I purposely WANT fantasy made up characters from far away lands that don't actually exist, and they can even be medieval. If you want your character to resemble something straight of out Skyrim, by all means go for it. It will not be like a super hero styled role play like Marvel or DC. Think of this as exactly how it is; a modern fantasy.

Back to the plot line, the story arcs I have will not be solely dependent on me posting for the role play to survive. The only time this would be the case is if several of you wish for an interaction between him and your characters. Otherwise, my absence will not keep it from progressing. I want this to be a role play that will constantly evolve. The story arcs I have will add more depth to the assassin himself, and make him appear to be more tangible. With what I have planned, there will be a ton of room for other people to actually center the role play around themselves and even add sub-plots to the story. There is something more at play than just the assassin, and if everyone is willing to stick around in the long run it will be revealed; and probably become way more complex.

This is obviously a detailed RP. You are not expected to be amazing at BBCode (I'm not) or making pretty character sheets. However, you are required to make decent sized posts with two paragraphs MINIMAL. It must contribute to the story and not just pointless blatant statements; unless you are waiting for someone else's character to interact with you. I HIGHLY encourage for your characters to have your own plots that could intertwine with the story, whether it be exploring your origin story or making a name for your character. The sky is the limit. You also must be fairly active, though I am very lenient on this as I cannot even hold myself to the standard since I am slammed with college work. As long as you are somewhat consistent and make good detailed posts I will be happy. I do not intend on being a stickler, but you must have good grammar and spelling, and at the very least your writing must be legible. I want this role play to be like opening a book! (Note: There will most likely be a character limit, though I am not for certain. Characters may also die or leave, which will allow you to make other characters as you desire!)

Again, on the actual thread I will have rules, details on specific locations and plots, and the general overview will include all the needed information without this giant wall of text. I just first wanted to see if there was interest before taking the time to create all of it. Please state your interest below or PM me about it!

I look forward to role playing with you all.

Cheers,

Lord Sicarius

Last edited:
XD when you got the goods might as well use them hmmm? :p

Last edited:
Good luck with that lol, he is straight. There's also a catch, but that'll be revealed on his CS

how do you know im planning to make a guy

what if i make a trap

what if i actually make a chick

Have no idea why it put me, lol I meant "them" smh

I guess they both technically work? XD
One makes it slightly more creepy and then other slightly less so I would agree that it works XD

Really excited for this concept and can't wait to work on characters!

One makes it slightly more creepy and then other slightly less so I would agree that it works XD

Really excited for this concept and can't wait to work on characters!
Awesome! Last time I had it, it was an incredible success with some people who could really write! I'm hoping some of them are still active and see this to return but I'm fairly certain they are no longer active.

It's definitely fun though, and I look forward to seeing you write.

its 2017 and im still treating roleplays about murder like twisted dating sims

Awesome! Last time I had it, it was an incredible success with some people who could really write! I'm hoping some of them are still active and see this to return but I'm fairly certain they are no longer active.

It's definitely fun though, and I look forward to seeing you write.

I look forward to working with you! Hopefully we can make it just as great ^.^ Ready to introduce one of my angsty bbs. lol although I don't think she would be quick to commit suicide for love. She rather likes living...sorta. XD

I look forward to working with you! Hopefully we can make it just as great ^.^ Ready to introduce one of my angsty bbs. lol although I don't think she would be quick to commit suicide for love. She rather likes living...sorta. XD
It's funny. I'm one of the most dorky and down to earth guys, but I can really pull off an angsty character and have so much fun with it! Lol

It's funny. I'm one of the most dorky and down to earth guys, but I can really pull off an angsty character and have so much fun with it! Lol
Lol same, I have no idea where it comes fromXD Also I play characters that are pretty snarky and sassy which I am not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back