• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice To hell and back Characters

SLEIP will be playing a ranger and I'll post the sheet for her as soon as her background is done- she doesn't have access to these fancy PDF apps on her phone right now

i can always help Sleip earn more mileage out of her Ranger's attributes when we find out her racial modifiers. not that it means much at level 1. but i am familiar enough with math to crunch decent arrays to increase survivability or get you a bit more bang for your buck. not that i know how to minmax. merely that i know the common poiny buy traps and which multiclasses require too thin a Spread. i'm doing my best to ensure we don't all die before we can get the story started.

but for a Ranger. i recommend some level of positive dexterity. and either a bow, a light weapon or a finesse weapon. the reason being that it opens up more combat options to a ranger. these also synergism well with most ranger skills

i can always help Sleip earn more mileage out of her Ranger's attributes when we find out her racial modifiers. not that it means much at level 1. but i am familiar enough with math to crunch decent arrays to increase survivability or get you a bit more bang for your buck. not that i know how to minmax. merely that i know the common poiny buy traps and which multiclasses require too thin a Spread. i'm doing my best to ensure we don't all die before we can get the story started.

but for a Ranger. i recommend some level of positive dexterity. and either a bow, a light weapon or a finesse weapon. the reason being that it opens up more combat options to a ranger. these also synergism well with most ranger skills

Shes playing a wood elf, so +2 DEX +1 WIS. I believe her eventual intent is an animal/archery focus, and she's starting with a longbow, battle axe, and hand axe. 

With Sleip and I being relative noobs, We really appreciate your help, on our end!

i did a little Calculation on a Possible Variant Human Korvin and found that after Variant human Racial modifiers

16 Strength (15+1)

14 Dexterity (13+1)

14 Constitution

8 intelligence

12 wisdom

10 charisma

lost only one point of charisma modifier, but opened the way for an Extra Skill Proficiency and a Starting Feat and well, wisdom and charisma can be swapped if desired. and works pretty well.

and i discovered a Sweet Array that might help Fjord, assuming he goes with a Mountian Dwarf

Strength 16 (14+2)

Dexterity 14

Constitution 14 (12+2)

Intelligence 8/10

Wisdom 10/8

Charisma 14

while a point of either intellect or wisdom modifier is sacrificed. charisma is retained, dexterity, strength and constitution go upwards quite a bit. giving you good mileage as a brawler. giving you a sizeable boost to hit points and damage output that makes you a better brawler. whether 10HP if d8 12HP if d10 or 14HP if d12.

i know a bit about getting mileage out of the 27 points. not that i am a power gamer or anything. but i am doing my best to ensure you survive to continue roleplaying your characters while doing my best to stick true to the arrays as best i can,

here are Samples of my efforts based on the original arrays

i tried to Stick true to the originals. while evening out odd numbers and Spending unspent points or tweaking for Specific Subraces

Shes playing a wood elf, so +2 DEX +1 WIS. I believe her eventual intent is an animal/archery focus, and she's starting with a longbow, battle axe, and hand axe. 

With Sleip and I being relative noobs, We really appreciate your help, on our end!

For a Wood Elf

Str 14

Dex 16 (14+2)

Con 12

Int 12

Wis 14 (13+1)

Cha 8

note that intelligence and charisma can be Switched

i would recommend a Scimitar over a battleaxe or recommend a second handaxe, the reason is iscimitars and handaxes are light weapons and thus uses the higher of strength or dexterity for ATK/DMG

Draconic Elf Cleric

Str 14 (13+1)

Dex 12

Con 12 (10+2)

Int 12

Wis 14 (13+1)

Cha 14

Strength and Dexterity can be Switched fairly easily

Even numbers are a good thing. Even numbers boost the modifier. Even numbers are easy to add to. also important to know which numbers help which class.

redid the math because erors

i had  to make a few Sacrifices to stay in the budget an as true to the original arrays as possible while increasing mileage gained

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so If you choose to use brute force then that leads you down one path, if you choose a cunning way that leads you down another. Either way it will lead to the main path of the story.

Also @  me so that I know if you replied.

@Umbrie

i did a little Calculation on a Possible Variant Human Korvin and found that after Variant human Racial modifiers

16 Strength (15+1)

14 Dexterity (13+1)

14 Constitution

8 intelligence

12 wisdom

10 charisma

lost only one point of charisma modifier, but opened the way for an Extra Skill Proficiency and a Starting Feat and well, wisdom and charisma can be swapped if desired. and works pretty well.

and i discovered a Sweet Array that might help Fjord, assuming he goes with a Mountian Dwarf

Strength 16 (14+2)

Dexterity 14

Constitution 14 (12+2)

Intelligence 8/10

Wisdom 10/8

Charisma 14

while a point of either intellect or wisdom modifier is sacrificed. charisma is retained, dexterity, strength and constitution go upwards quite a bit. giving you good mileage as a brawler. giving you a sizeable boost to hit points and damage output that makes you a better brawler. whether 10HP if d8 12HP if d10 or 14HP if d12.

i know a bit about getting mileage out of the 27 points. not that i am a power gamer or anything. but i am doing my best to ensure you survive to continue roleplaying your characters while doing my best to stick true to the arrays as best i can,

For a Wood Elf

Str 14

Dex 16 (14+2)

Con 12

Int 12

Wis 14 (13+1)

Cha 8

note that intelligence and charisma can be Switched

i would recommend a Scimitar over a battleaxe or recommend a second handaxe, the reason is iscimitars and handaxes are light weapons and thus uses the higher of strength or dexterity for ATK/DMG

Draconic Elf Cleric

Str 14 (13+1)

Dex 12

Con 12 (10+2)

Int 12

Wis 14 (13+1)

Cha 14

Strength and Dexterity can be Switched fairly easily

Even numbers are a good thing. Even numbers boost the modifier. Even numbers are easy to add to. also important to know which numbers help which class.

redid the math because erors

i had  to make a few Sacrifices to stay in the budget an as true to the original arrays as possible while increasing mileage gained

Number Crunching finished to help all 4 of you. assuming you want to use these Arrays.

i slaved for hours trying to stick as true to the originals as possible while also optimizing stat mileage where i could.

@BlightGiver

and i discovered a Sweet Array that might help Fjord, assuming he goes with a Mountian Dwarf. i noticed your dwarf was drastically underspent on points and tried my best to help.

Strength 16 (14+2)

Dexterity 14

Constitution 14 (12+2)

Intelligence 8/10

Wisdom 10/8

Charisma 14

while a point of either intellect or wisdom modifier is sacrificed. charisma is retained, dexterity, strength and constitution go upwards quite a bit. giving you good mileage as a brawler or fighter or even barbarian or whatever. giving you a sizeable boost to hit points and damage output that makes you a better brawler. whether 10HP if d8 12HP if d10 or 14HP if d12.

Oki so since it's been like couple days and hawk moon hasn't replied since I made this...so I'm going to wait for blightgiver but it's up to you all if we start and just have them integrated later.

I'm fine with whatever. You wanna assign reasons for being locked up based on the characters or just say it doesn't really matter?

I'm ready whenever.  Blight's had a bunch of time, and it's not like you won't take a bit of time to get everything ready for the first run.  If he gets something up before then, great.  If not, he's had all weekend.

And I'm game for that.  Korvin's deal is more of a wrong place wrong time scenario.  He saw some highwaymen and was just about to smash some skulls when the actual guards showed up and mistook him for another bandit.  The obscenities he shouted while being carted away probably didn't help his reputation either.

in Umbrie's case. charges were Trumped up against her because she was intended to be sold as a "Fey Maid" but slipped away before she could be sold. then got arrested when those slavers framed her for something she didn't do. purely so they could punish her for Escaping their "Fey Maid Auction". "Fey Maid" being a more Safe for Work term for a form of what would have been an unwilling courtesan. essentially, the slave traders murdered some people of minor influence and used her as a scapegoat to get themselves out of trouble.

"one of our 'Maids' committed a few murders as she escaped. quite a feisty little one. luckily we managed to sell her sisters and make quite a profit." or so the lie was claimed. with trumped up charges and false evidence.

Alrighty ~ so give your characters a reason for being sent there and then I'll get the first post up by 11 tonight

Alrighty ~ so give your characters a reason for being sent there and then I'll get the first post up by 11 tonight

Umbrie is completely innocent. those creeps who kidnap young fey women to sell as "Maids" on the Black Market are to blame. you gotta help me stop the creeps that sold my sisters. i just want my family back. please, you gotta help me. i can work you into the Seelie court if you help me.

Hmmm... Rhys and Tavia are likely in for the same reason, as they've been traveling together for a while... 

Probably Rhys played a minor trick on the wrong person, or went a little sideways, and then the other noble blew it out of porportion. Totally did a crime, just not one worthy of execution.

What do you think, @Sleipnir?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back