• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice To hell and back Characters

As much as I want to start immediately, I still have a few questions;

1. Seriously, what edition are we using?

2. What level are we starting at, 1st or 3rd?

3. Are we buying stats or rolling?  And what is the buy/roll?

would you allow me to take a "Half-Elf" and say my Elven Half is "Nyxad" which are Pale Elves of the Night that are Shorter and Lighter? or would you Prefer a Variant Human?

and do you have a World Document?

i will make my character after everyone develops thier rough character concepts.

Considering a Noble Born Half-Nyxad Rogue or a Variant Human Wizard Apprentice that Happens to be Apothecary.'s Surrogate Daughter.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the Rogue

Strength 8

Dexterity 16 (15+1)

Constitution 10

Inteliegence 14 (13+1)

Wisdom 14

Charisma 14 (12+2)

Arcane Trickster Archtype

Noble

for the Wizard

Str 8

Dex 14 (13+1)

Con 12

Int 16 (15+1)

Wis 14

Cha 10

Evoker Archetype

Apothecary Background

Feat: (think its called healer. the one that lets you use healers kits to heal)

which one you guys prefer?

Wouldn't mind using a dwarf character of mine; is there a limit to the amount of characters from a race? i.e. Someone uses a dwarf, then no one else can.

Alright, mostly finished, oddly enough.  Kind of figured I'd be the last one, but this works.  May undergo very slight modifications, but otherwise;

Here he be.

Also this, because I am a huge nerd with way too much time on his hands and no talent.

uYfbCC8.png

Is @Sleipnir welcome to join too? She responded a little late to the previous thread, but I had hoped to be able to play with her.

(here's the rough character outline. if anyone thinks something should be changed, feel free to let me know)

ae56c118faa4dd4b40633e6c69ced1e0.jpg

Image not mine. Made by KidKazuya on deviantart.

Name: Fjord Fjordson

Race: Dwarf

Class: Brawler

Strength:12

Dexterity: 9

Constitution: 8

Intelligence: 11

Wisdom: 10

Charisma: 14

Weapons: Large battleaxe; small hatchet sidearm, smoke bombs.

Here is the outline for my travel/revelry oriented Cleric elf who loves messing with people and will never share his real name In character. He'll be a blend of rogue and Cleric, basically.

Im not entirely certain what type of elf he'll be at the moment, but I do know these will be his base stats:

I used a calculator for these, but they look higher than others so I may have done something wrong. 

I'll have a legit sheet up tonight, so will @Sleipnir

Half Nyxad Rogue

Strength 8

Dexterity 16 (15+1)

Constitution 10

Inteliegence 14 (13+1)

Wisdom 14

Charisma 14 (12+2)

the reason i have so many 14's is because i exploited the flexible racial modifiers of the Half Elf.  the downside to this, is that i am extremely fragile. which helps fill the youth appeal.

what resource is the Draconic Elf Listed In? because i don't really remember where that particular Elven Subrace came from.

i know there are Eladrin in the Dungeon Master's Guide, and Drow Elves, High Elves and Wood Elves in the Player's Book. and Nyxads are just a pale non-evil reskin of Drow. so a Half Nyxad is identical to any other half elf.

i would be Wary About Homebrew, especially if it comes from D&D Wiki. not that an Elven/Dragonborn hybrid doesn't make sense, but i don't remember which supplement it is in. i know i didn't have to invent any new mechanics combinations or substitutions to be half-nyxad.

if you wanted to be a Snow Elf with +1 Constitution, Cold Resistance and the ability to ignore difficult terrain in natural environments. i think that would actually be pretty cool. not that i mean to complain about Draconic Elves. i'm just unsure of the source they came from. i mean, it doesn't look any stronger than a snow elf. but i noticed it is missing a few of the Core Elven Traits. namely Fey Ancestry and the Perception Proficiency.

@Voltsung

you should have a proficiency bonus of +2 at level 1ish, you should have 13 Armor class in your leather armor and 15 armor class when you use your shield. 

if you wanted to Go Variant human, you could reduce the +1 to each Attribute to +1 to 2 Attributes of your choice, but in exchange, gain a free skill of your choice and start play with a feat of your choice you qualify for. allowing you to already be competent in a fighting style of your choice. Variant human tends to be more flexible in the ways it can be customized, representing a variety of cultures that could prove wonderful in making your fighter stand out.

standard human normally gets +1 to everything, which feels a bit unfulfilling to me. because sure, the stat points look cool, but the feat and skill are great tools to define your human character's background. for example, nothing says "i'm a duelist" better than a dueling themed skill and  a dueling themed feat that helps your specific dueling style.

Korvin is stronkest there is!

Ah, thanks.  I wasn't sure about the proficiency.  And yah, I was just putting that as his normal AC, since we're starting without our equipment.

Korvin is stronkest there is!

Ah, thanks.  I wasn't sure about the proficiency.  And yah, I was just putting that as his normal AC, since we're starting without our equipment.

i didn't know that we were starting without equipment? where was that specified?

the Variant human starts with fewer stat bonuses. having +1 to 2 attributes of choice instead of +1 to all 6. but gets an Extra Skill Proficiency and an Extra Feat to customize their character with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back