• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Titles

Arkaeis

Being new here, I know you can change to a custom title anytime you want.. but is there a tree or reference guide that is used to assign you titles for when you dont want to choose your title? If not, can there be?

Also it'd be hilarious if mods could change titles respectfully if the user allowed it. -last ones a bit of a suggestion.

The title will, if not set manually, change based on number of posts one has. We don't have a list or reference guide and I cannot answer on whether or not we may ever have one, though it may be a possibility one of us do something of the sort. As for respectfully changing titles at user request, it's something we are capable of doing, albeit it likely isn't something we would do, as it would potentially add a lot of work for us to do by having users come to staff to ask for a custom title. The reference guide for custom titles is an interesting idea though, perhaps one of us or even another community member could put together a "how-to" on coming up with or deciding on a custom title and/or provide plenty of usable example titles for those that find themselves unable to come up with one.

So if it is possible for a mod to change a title of a new user, can any mod change a user's title?

Also is there a log of these changes that could be made available to me?

Last edited:
Also, at what point does the title transition from new member to something else based on the default tree.. I mean I can look into it myself if you really want me to but I dont generally like snooping around a sites stack when I'm not invited.

Last edited:
So if it is possible for a mod to change a title of a new user, can any mod change a user's title?
Mods and Admins can change titles for users, but I don't think it's very relevant when all users can change their titles themselves whenever they want. There are no restrictions on that (aside from RPN rules).

Mhm, though we reserve that for when it's necessary since it's a bit rude to change a user's custom title on them without warning or reason.
Also, at what point does the title transition from new member to something else based on the default tree.. I mean I can look into it myself if you really want me to but I dont generally like snooping around a sites stack when I'm not invited.
The numbers I can think of off the top of my head are 100 posts and then every thousand mark. I forget if there is one at 500 or not though likely there is.

I believe there were also titles for 8 and 13 posts. But those are usually passed quickly XD

I know this is back burner, but has anyone found that list? eyes sharpen wondering if it was forgotten.

We’ve made a list but I don’t think we have gotten around to publishing it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back