• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Titanfall Interest Check? (Sci-fi interstellar war, mech warfare)

ThrashMetallix

Starfleet Captain, USS Rainier (NCC-92604)
59072C6B-5AE2-4A09-A16E-AFEEE5DE426D.jpeg
I have no idea if this should go in the fandom interest checks or here, but since Titanfall isn’t exactly a household name, I hope no one minds me posting here. I’m looking to see if anyone might be interested in a role play set in the Titanfall universe, which is a very sci-fi, futuristic, advanced warfare type of setting. I can provide further details to the lore and whatnot if there is enough interest, right now I’m just getting a look to see who’s interested.

The idea I had would focus on a group of Militia pilots during the war with the IMC who are thought to be lost, after their drop ship crashes. Long story short, the accident leaves you cryogenically frozen, and barely alive (the only reason you’re alive is because your Titans keep you alive during this time). While you “sleep”, the war continues to rage across the frontier, and the IMC has made some serious ground. You are awakened roughly 20 years after your accident, and the Militia is just barely hanging on. Battles with the IMC are brutal, and with the IMC developing new weapons during this war, including new and more advanced Titans, the Militia is finding it hard to go on the offensive now. You’re now fighting the war you’ve been fighting for all this time, but the tables have changed all around you, and what was once a war you thought might actually be winnable, is now a war where your friends and colleagues are starting to lose hope fast.

Interest? This is actually kinda inspired by a bit of a dream I had recently. I am looking for people who enjoy writing out details.

Well here’s hoping a few others express some interest. I’d love to see how we’d approach this universe.

Yeah. I'm thinking of my character being a rookie pilot, waking up only to find out that his family is gone, and his home is a pile of smoldering ash.

We could certainly make that work out for you. Might make a little character thread before too long which kinda explains the setting a bit more, like what pilots are, and their bonds to titans and whatnot. Maybe if there’s a bit more understanding for the setting, it’ll generate a little more interest. (Shrug)

Two people is enough to warrant the creation of a sign up in my eyes, especially since I feel this might work best as a small group RP. I'll have one set up later today.

I'm writing it up currently. I'll probably end up deleting this thread when I finish it, because I didn't realize that people sign up in this area. (Where I used to forum RP, we signed up in the OOC thread).

But we'll see what happens there. I'll probably end up visiting Titanfall wiki and getting some background lore for anyone who needs it, heh. I'll keep you guys informed.

What's the post expectation
I like to think I'm pretty lenient when it comes to post expectation. I'll go ahead and admit I'm not entirely sure if you mean by how detailed posts are, or how frequently you respond, so I guess I'll provide answers to both.

I love details, but understand not everyone likes writing out lengthy posts. I do ask for at least a paragraph. One, two, or three sentences doesn't float my boat. If someone has gone out of their way to give you one or two paragraphs to go off of, I ask that you show them a similar courtesy if that makes sense.

Frequency, I'm probably more lenient with, as we have yet to really see how invested people will be with this. I hope that people at least check the game daily to see if someone posted that they're interacting with or something. I know we all have lives outside the internet, so I understand if you can't get to it right away. But reply when you can.

Does this answer that question?

I like to think I'm pretty lenient when it comes to post expectation. I'll go ahead and admit I'm not entirely sure if you mean by how detailed posts are, or how frequently you respond, so I guess I'll provide answers to both.

I love details, but understand not everyone likes writing out lengthy posts. I do ask for at least a paragraph. One, two, or three sentences doesn't float my boat. If someone has gone out of their way to give you one or two paragraphs to go off of, I ask that you show them a similar courtesy if that makes sense.

Frequency, I'm probably more lenient with, as we have yet to really see how invested people will be with this. I hope that people at least check the game daily to see if someone posted that they're interacting with or something. I know we all have lives outside the internet, so I understand if you can't get to it right away. But reply when you can.

Does this answer that question?
Yes thank u

Users who are viewing this thread

Back