• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Titanfall: Final Push of the Frontier (Secondary IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
(I might be able to work the “ass-pull” a bit, but unsure. That’s something I need to think more on)

Marcus cleared his throat rather sharply as his pilot debated with one another, and crossed his arms. “I hate to disappoint you, Pilot Wulfe, but your only job will be investigating this beacon we’ve picked up. I didn’t make it this far without planning my fair share of infiltration missions. The jump that dropship needs to do requires precise timing and coordinates that those pilots have trained for. You just worry about what’s on the surface of this planet. I have full confidence in my dropship pilots being able to pull this mission off, as I would any combat pilots and their ability to control titans. And I know you wouldn’t want one of them touching your toys...”

Marcus couldn’t help but be a bit worried with this group for this mission. We’re these really the best pilots that could be spared? He guessed he couldn’t complain, the Militia were short on pilots as it were, but he was going to make his stance on the matter clear. “I know the four of you have never worked together before, but I do hope you learn quickly, because once you’re on the surface, you’re there until your objective is complete. You go down, you do your best to stay out of the IMC’s way, you see what’s going on with the beacon, and you get your asses back here. I was hesitant to even allow you Titan support on this mission. But seeing as how the four of you will be completely on your own, I don’t think I can rightly deny you that kind of backup. I just hope you won’t need to use it.”

Marcus blinked and took another deep breath. “Gear up, and make your way to Hangar 11, your dropship is leaving in 15 minutes. And I shouldn’t have to explain the wonderful surface temperatures of Valinor III... bundle up. Are these mission parameters clear?”

(I might be able to work the “ass-pull” a bit, but unsure. That’s something I need to think more on)

Marcus cleared his throat rather sharply as his pilot debated with one another, and crossed his arms. “I hate to disappoint you, Pilot Wulfe, but your only job will be investigating this beacon we’ve picked up. I didn’t make it this far without planning my fair share of infiltration missions. The jump that dropship needs to do requires precise timing and coordinates that those pilots have trained for. You just worry about what’s on the surface of this planet. I have full confidence in my dropship pilots being able to pull this mission off, as I would any combat pilots and their ability to control titans. And I know you wouldn’t want one of them touching your toys...”

Marcus couldn’t help but be a bit worried with this group for this mission. We’re these really the best pilots that could be spared? He guessed he couldn’t complain, the Militia were short on pilots as it were, but he was going to make his stance on the matter clear. “I know the four of you have never worked together before, but I do hope you learn quickly, because once you’re on the surface, you’re there until your objective is complete. You go down, you do your best to stay out of the IMC’s way, you see what’s going on with the beacon, and you get your asses back here. I was hesitant to even allow you Titan support on this mission. But seeing as how the four of you will be completely on your own, I don’t think I can rightly deny you that kind of backup. I just hope you won’t need to use it.”

Marcus blinked and took another deep breath. “Gear up, and make your way to Hangar 11, your dropship is leaving in 15 minutes. And I shouldn’t have to explain the wonderful surface temperatures of Valinor III... bundle up. Are these mission parameters clear?”

"Very well" Alexis saluted and headed to the requested hanger, getting her helmet from her titan and giving him a set of orders

Taron said nothing as he strode off the bridge, he glared through his visor at the simulacrum as he passed it by, as he made his way to the dropship hanger, he took a detour through the titan bay, stopping for a moment before his own, he clambered up and grabbed something out of the cockpit, a red scarf, which he wrapped around his neck and tucked into his chest rig, and then a fur pelt which he pinned to his shoulders, "seems we're going to a planet not too dissimilar from home gramps" he said in a somewhat feverant tone, "gramps" being one of the few nicknames he had for his Titan "I'll see you down there my friend"

+++ I LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH YOU AGAIN PILOT +++

The message flashed up on Taron's visor, and with that he thumped his Titans hull, grabbed his charge rifle, hopped down and made off toward the dropship hangar, glancing back at his Titan once more.

As the pilots exited the bridge, Marcus just took a bit of a deep breath and turned back to the screen displaying the various information about the planet’s surface temperature, the beacon, and IMC activity in the area. He didn’t need to be telepathic to know that a lot of the Militia were questioning why he was risking the lives of four pilots to investigate a beacon, when the Militia was experiencing a Pilot shortage.

Were the lives of four pilots worth this mission? Any expert would probably say no, and they’d probably go on to say that Marcus had made an emotional decision in even coming up with this mission at all, but his gut instincts were telling him that this was the right move, and his gut didn’t often steer him wrong.

...he just hoped these pilots could work properly with each other in this matter...

Taron reached the dropship, still doubting that the briefing for the mission to come had covered all bases, what could possibly relate a search and rescue mission to Biolite? Why wasn't it mentioned prior to the briefing? And why most importantly did the other pilots seem to pass it off so lightly?

He decided to push these thoughts to the back of his mind for the moment, and set about double checking his gear as he awaited the rest of the squad.

He was anxious to deploy, to fight again.

As the pilots exited the bridge, Marcus just took a bit of a deep breath and turned back to the screen displaying the various information about the planet’s surface temperature, the beacon, and IMC activity in the area. He didn’t need to be telepathic to know that a lot of the Militia were questioning why he was risking the lives of four pilots to investigate a beacon, when the Militia was experiencing a Pilot shortage.

Were the lives of four pilots worth this mission? Any expert would probably say no, and they’d probably go on to say that Marcus had made an emotional decision in even coming up with this mission at all, but his gut instincts were telling him that this was the right move, and his gut didn’t often steer him wrong.

...he just hoped these pilots could work properly with each other in this matter...

Alexis was waiting aboard the dropship, weapons at the ready and helmet on

Reaching the Dropship along with the others, Draugr set about checking his equipment and weapons in relative silence, punctuated only by the metallic clack of his battle rifles receiver sliding open as he inspected the empty chamber. Satisfied, he nodded to himself, slinging the rifle over his shoulder and keeping a hand on the strap. His Missile launcher already strapped to the top of his backpack and his pistol holstered at his hip, all that was left was to swipe a handful of Firestorm Shurikans and wait for the order to board.

Which would give him just enough time to get something out of the way first.

Approaching Pilot Weaver, the man known colloquially as 'Crimson', Draugr stopped just out of arms reach, wasting no time with pre-amble.
"From the sounds of the Briefing, it's going to be pretty hairy down there. Are we going to have any issues you and I Pilot?"
The mans subtle hostile posture during the briefing did not go unnoticed and the last thing Draugr wanted was ill will jeopardizing the mission.
"Because if so, I'd prefer to settle them now and not while the bullets are flying."

Taron was checking his pistol mags and frag grenades before hearing a voice from behind him, it was the simulacrum, he hadn't expected it to be so forthcoming.

He turned on the spot to face it, letting out a low chuckle and once again subconsciously resting his hand on his sidearm. "Lets get something straight" he said in a low tone, a hint of scorn in his voice "it's machines like you that put the militia in the state that it's in, you stay where I can see you while we're down there, don't blow a fuse and we'll have no issues" he said, fronting up to Draugr, drawing his sidearm "I don't trust your kind, so rest assured, you go haywire, you so much as move in anyway I don't like" he popped a round out of his pistols ejection port, and thrust it into Draugr's plain, emotionless face "this'll be in that chrome skull of yours" he stated, tapping the round on the side of Draugr's head.

With that he turned away again, holstering his sidearm.

Reaching the Dropship along with the others, Draugr set about checking his equipment and weapons in relative silence, punctuated only by the metallic clack of his battle rifles receiver sliding open as he inspected the empty chamber. Satisfied, he nodded to himself, slinging the rifle over his shoulder and keeping a hand on the strap. His Missile launcher already strapped to the top of his backpack and his pistol holstered at his hip, all that was left was to swipe a handful of Firestorm Shurikans and wait for the order to board.

Which would give him just enough time to get something out of the way first.

Approaching Pilot Weaver, the man known colloquially as 'Crimson', Draugr stopped just out of arms reach, wasting no time with pre-amble.
"From the sounds of the Briefing, it's going to be pretty hairy down there. Are we going to have any issues you and I Pilot?"
The mans subtle hostile posture during the briefing did not go unnoticed and the last thing Draugr wanted was ill will jeopardizing the mission.
"Because if so, I'd prefer to settle them now and not while the bullets are flying."
Taron was checking his pistol mags and frag grenades before hearing a voice from behind him, it was the simulacrum, he hadn't expected it to be so forthcoming.

He turned on the spot to face it, letting out a low chuckle and once again subconsciously resting his hand on his sidearm. "Lets get something straight" he said in a low tone, a hint of scorn in his voice "it's machines like you that put the militia in the state that it's in, you stay where I can see you while we're down there, don't blow a fuse and we'll have no issues" he said, fronting up to Draugr, drawing his sidearm "I don't trust your kind, so rest assured, you go haywire, you so much as move in anyway I don't like" he popped a round out of his pistols ejection port, and thrust it into Draugr's plain, emotionless face "this'll be in that chrome skull of yours" he stated, tapping the round on the side of Draugr's head.

With that he turned away again, holstering his sidearm.

"You two had better leave personal feelings out of this mission, otherwise I will walk up and down your asses, chrome plated or not" Alexis stated in a stern tone

Taron had finished checking his gear and had sheathed his data knife when Pilot Wulfe spoke up, he chuckled to himself again and gave her a sideways glance.
He then turned to face her and gave a salute before saying "yes sir madam pilot sir" making no attempt to hide the tone of mockery in his voice.

(sorry for not being super active. should be better from here on out)

It took everything in Mishil to keep quiet and let the pilots bicker. She could already feel a budding headache start to pinch the back of her skull at the mere thought of putting up with the tension out on the field. It was too early for this shit. She followed the other pilots to the dropship, lagging behind a few steps as she started double-checking her gear. Everything checked out, which didn't come as a surprise considering she'd been careful to bring everything she would need.

Grabbing her black neck-warmer out of her hooked helmet, she pulled it over her head and took a moment to tight the low ponytail holding her hair back. When Wulfe spoke up, attempting - and failing - at asserting herself as some sort of squad captain, Mishil chuckled and nudged the girl with her elbow as she passed by; she wasn't going to be dragged into this drama. "Pilot Wulfe, I'd be careful, you're making me all tingly talking like that." She gave the young woman a side smile and a wink before stepping closer to the dropship.

In theory, this was likely to be a suicide mission considering the circumstances. In reality, however, Mishil was desperate to be back in the heat of the action. She was thirsty for combat, and her trigger finger eager to blast the heads of IMC scum; both organic and inorganic.

Wulfe groaned, she did not like that these two were going to bring their personal feelings into the mission, which she knew was a bad idea, but she had to deal with it, as long as it didn't interfere with the mission

It was about this point that Draugr WISHED with all his heart that he had eyes to glare with or a mouth to bare his teeth. Sadly he couldn't even muster a furrowed brow with his smooth face plate and had to settle with making his occular lenses narrow.
Taking a step forward, The 'man' allowed the barrel of his squadmates pistol to rest against his shiny forehead.
"If you require assurances Pilot, be assured of this." He replied, his voice low and dripping with mocking disdain. "Were I to 'go haywire' during the mission, I'll be sure to kill you first."

He wanted to say more, but Pilot Wulfes Interruption pulled his attention away.
'So'. He thought to himself as he disengaged and turned to make his way towards the Dropship. 'We have a suicidal Hot head, A Self important Ex-IMC with delusions of command, and a quiet unknown.'
It was about this time that Surma chimed into his commlink.
'Draugr, I am detecting irregularities in your Emotion Matrix. Are you experiencing duress?'

'No Surma. Just contemplating how doomed we are.'

Taron gave a wide smile, unseen to the simulacrum behind the faceplate of his helmet "as long as we understand each other" he said laughing to himself, the narrowing of the simulacrum's optics in an attempt to intimidate him coupled with Pilot Wulfe's attempted intervention tickled him, he slung his SMG and triple checked his gear, everything was accounted for, he turned to face the simulacrum again, he slapped it on the shoulder "let's get this show on the road" he exclaimed.

Likely this deployment would be his last, but then again he had deployed with worse odds and come back unscathed.

He jogged up the embarkation ramp into the dropship and turned to face the squad "come on let's get going!" He said, projecting his voice "sure you don't wanna fly us in Wulfe?" He asked rhetorically, audibly laughing.

Taron gave a wide smile, unseen to the simulacrum behind the faceplate of his helmet "as long as we understand each other" he said laughing to himself, the narrowing of the simulacrum's optics in an attempt to intimidate him coupled with Pilot Wulfe's attempted intervention tickled him, he slung his SMG and triple checked his gear, everything was accounted for, he turned to face the simulacrum again, he slapped it on the shoulder "let's get this show on the road" he exclaimed.

Likely this deployment would be his last, but then again he had deployed with worse odds and come back unscathed.

He jogged up the embarkation ramp into the dropship and turned to face the squad "come on let's get going!" He said, projecting his voice "sure you don't wanna fly us in Wulfe?" He asked rhetorically, audibly laughing.

Wulfe just rolled her eyes and ignored him

(I gotta catch up a bit on this IC, heh. The answer is... I never explicitly designated a squad leader, but I'm certainly open rp one of you assuming the role. Jennifer, don't be afraid to post a bit more detail. I am a sucker for knowing how a character is feeling emotionally, what they think of the other player characters, and whatnot.

I'll get a post up here soon as far as getting you guys to the planet, heh)

(I gotta catch up a bit on this IC, heh. The answer is... I never explicitly designated a squad leader, but I'm certainly open rp one of you assuming the role. Jennifer, don't be afraid to post a bit more detail. I am a sucker for knowing how a character is feeling emotionally, what they think of the other player characters, and whatnot.

I'll get a post up here soon as far as getting you guys to the planet, heh)

(I'm not afraid, I can't, I'm too busy at work to think up that much detail)

(I’m loving the hostilities way too much, I cannot wait for the two groups to finally meet)

The dropship’s cockpit was silent for the most part as a pilot made a final prep check for the takeoff. His co-pilot entered the cockpit, and gave a bit of an exasperated sigh as he took his seat next to his friend. “...Pilots...”

His friend looked over, and said “Rowdy bunch?”
“Have you seen these guys?” The co-pilot asked. “They’ve barely set a foot on the dropship, and they’re at each other’s throats. If they’re not hot-blooded and trying to one-up each other, they’re straight up threatening to kill each other. One’s a straight up robot.”
“You mean the Simulacrum?” The pilot asked. “Not everyday you see one of those within the ranks of the militia. I know we got our fair share of IMC Spectres and all, but a full-on Simulacrum? Those things give me the creeps.”
“What’s so creepy about them?” The co-pilot asked.
“What’s creepy about them, is the fact that apparently, their whole consciousness is based on the personality of an actual pilot. For all we know, whoever made that Simulacrum, made like ten others. Who knows if this guy is dead or alive?”
“Seth, I think you overthink these things way too much.” the co-pilot said.
“I’m telling you, this unit might be on our side, but the IMC might have like nine other just like him on their side!”
“Or maybe you’re just being insanely paranoid over nothing. We about ready to take off?”
The pilot sighed and grabbed the dropship’s radio and spoke into it. “You guys about ready to take off?”
The co-pilot gave him a bit of a look and said, “I bet the other dropship following us with their titans doesn’t have to put up with this...”

"C'mon let's go already!" Taron yelled, thumping the ceiling of the drop ship, his unmasked tone now portraying his need for conflict "got weapons full of lead and a vest full of ordinance with the IMC's name written all over it!"

He glanced around the interior of the drop ship, his eyes once again coming to rest on Draugr, he took a derived sort of delight in the knowledge that he'd pissed him off, and yet the knowledge that he and Draugr were on a certain level of understanding also brought a feeling of content, maybe there was more to this particular simulacrum that met the eye.

(I’m loving the hostilities way too much, I cannot wait for the two groups to finally meet)

The dropship’s cockpit was silent for the most part as a pilot made a final prep check for the takeoff. His co-pilot entered the cockpit, and gave a bit of an exasperated sigh as he took his seat next to his friend. “...Pilots...”

His friend looked over, and said “Rowdy bunch?”
“Have you seen these guys?” The co-pilot asked. “They’ve barely set a foot on the dropship, and they’re at each other’s throats. If they’re not hot-blooded and trying to one-up each other, they’re straight up threatening to kill each other. One’s a straight up robot.”
“You mean the Simulacrum?” The pilot asked. “Not everyday you see one of those within the ranks of the militia. I know we got our fair share of IMC Spectres and all, but a full-on Simulacrum? Those things give me the creeps.”
“What’s so creepy about them?” The co-pilot asked.
“What’s creepy about them, is the fact that apparently, their whole consciousness is based on the personality of an actual pilot. For all we know, whoever made that Simulacrum, made like ten others. Who knows if this guy is dead or alive?”
“Seth, I think you overthink these things way too much.” the co-pilot said.
“I’m telling you, this unit might be on our side, but the IMC might have like nine other just like him on their side!”
“Or maybe you’re just being insanely paranoid over nothing. We about ready to take off?”
The pilot sighed and grabbed the dropship’s radio and spoke into it. “You guys about ready to take off?”
The co-pilot gave him a bit of a look and said, “I bet the other dropship following us with their titans doesn’t have to put up with this...”

"Lets get going" Wulfe stated with slight hesitation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back