• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Titanfall: Final Push of the Frontier (Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
(Apologies for the huge delay here, until I get a clearer picture on ONI’s situation, I won’t write his character out completely. He is in the dropship with us, Rusty’s character, a shame he had to leave, but here’s hoping perhaps he may return. Rusty’s pilot was assigned to a new assignment last minute, I’d rather not dedicate a whole lot to write this in so we’ll just get on with this)

As his squad confirmed their readiness, Wayde strapped on his Hemlock, closed the chest he stood next to, and grabbed his helmet. “Then let’s not keep the IMC waiting. Let’s rock and roll.”

Wayde then strolled onto the dropship heading up to the cockpit. Though still docked, Wayde could see clearly through the ship’s monitors that the battle below them was raging, and the space around them would likely soon be lit with conflict. The Dropship pilot looked at him and nodded, saying “We’ll be taking your team in through this sector of the atmosphere. Once we’re through, you’ll have five minutes to initiate your jump.”

Wayde nodded and said “Let’s get this show on the road.” He then gave a holler and said “This dropship is leaving in T-minus twenty seconds! If you’re not on board, you’re dealing with the Commander!”

With newfound inspiration, Riley placed and fastened his helmet onto his head while following Lieutenant Wayde into the dropship. With me main battle hard fought down below, a strong urgency pushed his focus to an unparalleled state. His worries had disappeared, and all that remained was his determination to make himself, his family, his squad, and his planet proud. "Happy to serve by your side Lieutenant, let's make Harmony proud." He said, confident as ever.

Clark climbed on board the dropship double checking his gear and putting his helmet and hood ok "Let's roll, let's see who gets to the ground first" he laughs "and if you ain't gonna land well, try to land on a IMC grunt or something "

Last edited:
(Hope no one minds a small time skip)
The dropship ride was relatively quiet for Wayde. The Redwall was drifting further away as the dropship descended down upon the planet below. The shift in gravity was starting to become a bit noticeable as the ship approached Valinor III’s atmosphere, as Wayde sat in his seat, just reflecting on the mission ahead.

His thoughts drifted to previous missions, with his previous squads, and the moments that lead up to their deployment. Sometimes, his pilots would speak to each other, maybe laugh, and fight the nervousness they likely felt before entering the war zone, sometimes, other pilots sat in silence looking at the photograph of a loved one perhaps, some prayed aloud, each pilot had his way of coping through the long moments that lead up to the battle ahead.

The ship rocked, and violently shook as the ship made contact with the atmosphere of Valinor III, and a voice over the intercom spoke up. “We’ve entered the planet’s atmosphere, and will be approaching the drop zone in approximately six minutes. Good luck gentlemen.”

Wayde stood up, and held his helmet at his side. “Okay squad, final prep. Hardest part of the mission is about to start.” Wayde pulled out a small box and handed each pilot a small device. “Connect it at the back of the neck of your armor. It should dispense a little hot air to help you through the jump at least.”

Wayde held off putting his helmet on still, and said, “Anyone have anything to say before we get started?”

Touch down. Weapons check, weapons set. Get oscar mike. This ramble went on for an eternity within the confines of Murat's mind. Whether it were simple training exercise or a fully fledge combat operation, it didn't matter these words got him through living a pilot's life one day at a time. 'Shoot the shoots, don't shoot the no shoots.' he bobbed his head, acknowledging the cool and collected voice in his head. If there was anything to talk about certainly didn't have anything of his own to add, too busy meditating and analysing the possible outcomes of this drop.

Outcome 1; One of Valinor's daily blizzards comes in early, they all freeze to death at -80 before they even hit the ground.
Outcome 2; They hit the ground, find a heavily fortified position and get their asses shot into the last century.
Outcome 3; They infiltrated the facility, the base self destructs and they all end up in a fiery grave.

It wasn't until he worked through about seventh outcome where things started to get positive, that said they all ended up with more casualties than it was worth. The negativity that bounced around his dome didn't do much to taint his resolve however, if anything his low expectation made him want to do it all the more. Get a nice fat, mission impossible etched on his belt. Thoroughly amused by his own musings Haile allowed himself to smile behind the feature obscuring combat helmet, and pressed back into his seat. Tilting his head back against the bulkhead.

With eyes closed Murat slipped a hand behind his chest piece and fished out a small device. While it appeared to be similar to any modular helmet attachment it ultimately looked jerry-rigged and barely seemed functional. For the briefest of moments he popped open an eye, studying it for a second before he took a deep breath and clipped it into place over an ear. All the normal sounds of the troop bay fell to absolute silence. Colour faded to pitch black as his visor polarised itself. And then a feminine voice. The voice of an angle filled the pilots ears, causing him to smile brightly. Haile relaxed himself, losing the rigid posture. To those around it might have seemed as though he had fallen a sleep.

An audible sigh left the pilot as a much more masculine voice began echoing through his helmet, drowning out the angelic. Just like that Haile's peace and quiet was over. The device went away, he was no longer privy to his solitude. Murat sat forwards, ensuring the words of their teamleader were met with confident nods "Copy." he said, tossing the heating pack over shoulder, magnetising it to his rig.

Murat stood from his seat, making his way over to Liander and ensuring the man's own heater was properly secured. He clapped the Lieutenants shoulder twice and eventually gave the other man a thumbs up in the affrimative "Kit's green, top." turning about he spoke up again "Eya. Check me rig, eh?"

Last edited:
A coupe firm pats from the hand of Haile, who had been unnaturally quiet during the last few minutes of the ride gave Wayde the brief assurance he needed that his little heating mod unit was firmly in place. Upon request, Wayde checked the man’s unit, and after locating it, made sure the unit was firmly in place at the back of his armor. “You’re good, Pilot.” Wayde responded.

“Four minutes to the drop zone.”

Wayde stretched his neck, and gave it a couple pops before saying, “Well damn, if no one else will say anything, I guess I will. I’ve been through about four squads, not including you guys. I don’t like working with people I don’t know, so after we all do what we need to do, and get our frozen butts back to the Redwall, the first round is on me. Any objections?”

Riley was listening to music through his pilot helmet, a song much older than him written in the early twenty first century. It played quietly enough for Riley to listen in on Wayde's chattering. He noticed the other pilots we're similarly quiet, so he did the same.

After a while of listening to music, Wayde spoke up once more, supposedly to lighten the mood for those who experience an exacerbated form of butterflies in the stomach. He admired the lieutenant's care for his team, but talking about his lack of enjoyment for new squads didn't help.

"Depends on where we go." Riley commented with a hint of sarcasm and a smirk, playing along in efforts to clear his head of the travesty he felt. "Harmony has the best bars."

Clark laughed "I'll buy ya a shot for every pilot we take down, just dont make me go broke guys" he cracks his knuckles "let's do this"

Wayde simply looked to Riley and replied, "If the Redwall finds itself in orbit over Harmony, I will gladly take you to any bar you want on the surface. Otherwise, I imagine you'll have to settle for what's on the ship."

At Clark's retort, Wayde felt a small grin form on his face, before saying "I certainly hope the IMC's pilots are busying themselves with the Militia well enough to not notice a few Militia pilots looking through their back door."

"Sixty seconds. Make your jump when ready."

Wayde grabbed his helmet and finally placed it on his head, his face, covered in darkness, before the helmet's HUD lit to life and showed him his surroundings. He approached the hull of the dropship. He placed three pulse blades into a compartment, and hit a button. The blades immediately vanished from the compartment, as the dropship shot them down to the surface below. Wayde then hit another button, and a large door began to open, immediately greeting the pilots with a blast of bitter cold wind, and snow.

"Gentlemen, the light is green, and we are a go. Let's not stay here any longer than we have to. I'll see you on the surface." Wayde responded, before giving a signal to jump, waiting for the three to jump before he did.

(kudos to anyone who caught a subtle reference in my post here... if you missed it, no worries. Have an awesome jump track)

With the gust of chilling wind and snow blowing against his suit and helmet, Riley stood and prepared his jump, double checking his pouches one last time. "See you on the surface, Lieutenant." He repeated. He took a long breath and held it before jumping down and out of the dropship, releasing his breath as he landed.

The snow that lay against the surface collapsed under him, encasing his lower legs in snow. He pulled each leg free only to get the same result as he walked. "Fuck." He mumbled to himself, hoping his squad would quickly follow behind him. He didn't want to sit like an open target without his team.

(Mainly posting this as I’d like a small conflict down on the surface, feel free to post what goes on in the moments before your character jumps)
Wayde followed his pilots as they all dropped from the plain, in complete free fall over the planet. The biting cold was much worse than Wayde could have predicted. About two seconds after he jumped, his little heat unit sent a blast of warm air down his armor, but the bitter cold almost rendered it inert right away. The snow, the wind, and frigid temperatures made it difficult to concentrate, but with another blast of warm air from the unit, Wayde began to focus a bit more as the HUD displayed how far he was from the surface.

About 20 seconds after he jumped, the data from the pulse blades went into his helmet. “I’m receiving feedback from the pulse blades. Patching through to your helmets now.” Wayde said, pressing a button on the side of his helmet.

The layout of the ground below began to make itself out to Wayde, who could see the remains of various buildings that had long since been abandoned by their original builders. “Haile, looks like you’ll be landing rather close to a structure, I’d recommend a 45˚ course correction to your right.” Wayde knew they all could hopefully see what he was seeing, but with the harsh conditions, he felt much better making sure they knew by word of mouth as well.

With another flash from the pulse blades, Wayde noticed something he’d hoped they’d be able to avoid jumping into. A small IMC patrol. It looked like the IMC was still able to send a small patrol their way, despite the Militia assault. It looked like Riley would land clear of them. Clark on the other hand... “Clark, be advised, three IMC ground units in your projected drop zone.”

Ahead of Wayde were a few ground units as well. He had no way of telling if they were IMC soldiers, or Spectres, or even combat pilots, but there were no Titans in the immediate area which made that last scenario highly unlikely. Wayde passed the 500 Meter point, and gave a small burst from his jump kit to slow his descent, and pulled out his pistol.

“Looks like the IMC has sent a welcoming committee out to greet us. Let’s try and deal with them quickly.” The ground fast approached as he made his descent, giving the last few bursts he needed to survive the fall. “Weapons free, Pilots...”

Wayde braced himself for the shock of the drop, making a small course correction to land further from the patrol, but close enough to take them by surprise.

“Contact!”

Wayde touched the ground...

(I’ll let everyone else post before I write too much more... and yes I borrowed a bit from Halo 5 here... really hard not to)

(Nah I got it)
Clark ran and leaped from the dropship
"woohooo!" He angled himself down for a few moments to gain speed before going spread eagle, he turned his helmet into the sonar and chose a landing spot, slowing his descent at as close as he could as to avoid detection, he wasn't sure if there were patrols or not but he wasn't going to take the chance, landing in 2 feet of snow was the good part... the bad part was that a gust of wind had thrown him somewhat off his original planned location.
Then he heard the call, enemy patrol, wonderful, he pulled out his knife and moved towards their location, the wind and snow made it hard to see, but the sonar handled that pretty well, "3.." he brought his knife into the back of the neck of one of the patrol members "2..." he leaped into the air using his boosters stabbing the second member through his visor planting his knife firmly in his eye before he could make a sound, "1..." he rushed the last member quickly gripping his head and in one swift action snapping his neck then turns his radio on"3 enemies KIA sir, I'll cover their bodies in the snow"
He sighed, grabs his knife from the dead mans head, covering there bodies in a bit of snow, and starts moving towards the rest of his squad muttering to himself "fucking wind... fucking cold... fucking snow... fuck.."

Riley wrestled through the soft snow and eventually got to his feet and a sturdy surface of ice and scanned the surroundings using the data from the pulse blades. He watched Clark's movements and worried of an ill-advised attack; relieved to find he had taken care of the patrol. "Careful Clark." He called through the comms.

Riley slowly approached, trying his best to avoid any other soft spots in the snow.

(just so you know, we're probably in an area somewhat similar to this. Only more snowy and aged. Imagery!)
DAXZ1FaWAAAag8X.jpg

Clark replied "just a few grunts, we probably have 30 minutes before they realize that the patrol is missing, give or take 20 due to storm conditions and possible communication outages, IMC is, if nothing else, thorough, but in this weather, patrols not checking in on time isn't their main concern, try not to draw too much attention though. Avoiding patrols is better than killing them, they won't suspect too much if one or two patrols going missing, it's relatively common in these conditions, but if 5 or more do..." Clark pops a stim to help get his blood flowing and warming him up if only slightly "they will likely call back troops to defend..."

"Aghhhh. Fuck me!" exclaimed the last pilot out the door. It wasn't that heights scared him, no it was the fear of splattering into a billion pieces that got to him the most. The second of hesitation felt like an eternity for Murat but being the dependable soldier he was, he stepped off regardless. Before long he'd manoeuvred himself in behind the rest of the team. Descending rapidly. Both speedometer and altimeter projected within his helmet raced, a testament to just how fast they were really moving.

For a split second he lost them in the clouds as frost began to build up in the nooks of his visor but soon caught up again. He sped past them for a moment but slowed upon hearing a call out "Copy! Adjusting forty-five degrees!" he exclaimed, making his acknowledgement and compliance known as he contorted his body in flight. Leaning to his left slightly for the minor correction. Had it not been for the call out he might have just flown straight into a roof, thanks to the amount of frost that began to obscure his vision.

A good few seconds after most of the team past the thousand metre point Murat began to slow his descent with a combination of his jumpkit and old school drag. However a strong gust of wind displaced him and sent the pilot into a nauseating spin. Throwing him of course by a good hundred metres or so. Cursing to himself he tried to straighten out, shifting his body every which way in an attempt to regain control of his descendent. He hoped. No. He knew he'd work it out, so a silent but ultimately unnerved Murat plummeted to towards the iceshelf at dangerously high speeds barely able to tell which way was up.

600 metres!

500 metres!

400 metres!

The pilot, spinning out of control, had fallen almost four hundred metres before he managed to recover. Well off course, Haile landed on a sea of thin ice. Unaware of his misadventure he blew out a relieved sigh 'Safe!' he thought to himself. 'Alright, just regroup with the others' Not even a single step in and he found himself crashing right through a thin sheet of bright blue ice. Falling right into the midst of now whining Arctic Chaefka pups. The expression that crossed his face at the sudden realisation of where he was, was comical to say the least.

Soon a very unhappy Murat could be heard shouting expletives along the lines of "Big! Fuckin'! Chaefka!" through his microphone before eventually he'd come into view. And come into view he did, with a by a very angry Chaefka hot on his heels no less. Haile ran along a very fragile iceshelf, not daring to look back as the beast followed close behind. He'd missed the fight but no doubt managed to find his own excitement. "Shoot it! Fuckin' shoot it!"

Last edited:
Wayde touched the ground just short of two grunts and a Spectre. Taking them by surprise, Wayde touched down, going into a small somersault, before getting to his feet, grabbing his data knife, and severing a few cables around the neck of the Spectre, to disable it. He then threw his data knife into the chest of the other soldier, bringing him down, before getting into a brief wrestle with the other pilot, who had managed to draw his pistol. In a few short moments, Wayde managed to wrestle the pistol from the soldier’s hand, and shove it into his chest and discharge it multiple times.

The soldier fell to the ground, a crimson pool beginning to melt the snow around it, though the freezing temperature made its progress rather slow. The other soldier was staggering as he tried to reach for either the blade in his chest, or the radio he was carrying. Wayde wasted no time I retrieving his blade, and snagging the radio, before snapping the man’s neck, as he lay there in the snow. The disabled Spectre had since wandered blindly into one of the empty buildings, and fallen onto the floor. It no longer presented a threat.

Wayde he’d the radio in his hand, before grabbing the bodies of the two pilots and quickly hiding them in an alley, where they’d be out of sight, and likely covered in snow before too long. He began to hear the confirmations of landings from both Clark and Riley, but had yet to receive one from Haile.

Wayde reached back, and took off the spent heating unit that was now exhausted, and looked around, the pulse blades info no longer giving him anymore insight on the area around him. “This is Wayde,” he spoke into the comms, “two men down, a clinker disabled. Haile, you on the ground?”

There was some static, before he heard the words "Big! Fuckin'! Chaekfa!"

‘Fuck me...’ Wayde thought to himself, and grabbed his Hemlok. “Riley, Clark, double-time! Haile! Give us your position!”

Just what he needed right now. Trouble with the local wildlife...

'Where the fuck am I?!' the pilot thought himself 'It all looks the same!' thankfully he managed to make out the outline of the few buildings they were set to land near. He moved as fast as the combination of leg strength and jump kit allowed him to move, vaulting dip after dip in an effort to tire out the feral predator. For the briefest of moments he glanced back only to instantly regret his decision. "Two-eight-eight! Ridge to your south-east, moving fast!" Murat practically flew over a slope, unaware of just how steep the other side was, colliding back first onto compressed ice with the biggest damned Chaekfa he'd ever seen in toe. He flailed his arms wildly, trying to straighten out his path whilst simultaneously increasing the distance between himself and his pursuer.

All he could think of was how dumb it would be for him to be killed by some animal in the middle of a high stakes operations. He was used to stupid shit happening but this? This took the cake.

Riley was startled to hear the commotion through his comms, as he wasn't expecting such a sense of urgency this quickly in the mission. He had never even heard of a Chaekfa, neither was it anywhere in his briefing.

As the beast approached from the previously noted direction, Riley retrieved his Wingman Elite and pointed the weapon towards the gargantuan beast. "We're coming Pilot!" He exclaimed, using his boosters to rise from the snow and his Grapple to connect with the nearby buildings. The momentum launched him through the icy air, and he discharged six shots from the firearm relentlessly.

Wayde watched as Riley seemed swung through the buildings with his grapple, before descending into a hole outside the town. Wayde heard six shots, and didn’t need a pulse blade to tell him his squad was down there. “Clark, let’s not keep them waiting.” Wayde said, before activating his jump kit and taking an extended jump towards the hole, adrenaline pumping through his veins as his body and armor fought the cold.

Another leap, and he descended into the hole and caught a glimpse at what was going on. Haile apparently had been blown off course, and had the unfortunate luck of landing on thin ice. And they were now in a cavern of ice with frightened pups, and a very angry parent Chaekfa.

Wayde didn’t ask questions, He just pulled out his Hemlock and began firing quick bursts into the creature. “You picked the wrong place to nest...” Wayde muttered.

Clark sighed, 3 minutes... in 3 minutes their mission was already rocky, he pulled his wingman out "I'm en route, escape if possible, 18 minutes or less before they do comms checks so we dont have time to waste" he starts running through the snow managing to barely regroup before he hears "Big fucking Chaefka!" Firing into the beast with his wingman until his mag was empty "fucking.... I knew I should havebrought some artillery"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back