• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Tipping the Scales

WeaselThor

The Thundering Mustelid
Set on earth in the year 2170, alot has changed in the past 150 years. Cosmic entities take hold of the earths future and alter it to their whims. Their changes began in 2020 and have continued since.
~~~
2020- the US Election is held Donald trump wins again...

2021- The United states has its military budget doubled, begins work on the "Perfect defense System"

2023- with the completion of the united states perfect defense tensions around the world increase as the now confident government slams almost everyone with Tariffs.

2024- Ww3 begins. The US shares its Perfect defense system with her allies. Meanwhile North Korea, Russia, China, and Iran form an alliance along with many north african nations.

2027- after a gridlock conventional war on the ground ,Iran decides to go out with a bang and launches a full scale nuclear assault along with russia against the US, Isreal, and Europe. However the perfect defense system works shooting down 100% of targets. The US retaliates with all her allies in several precision nuclear strikes. Russia and Iran fall out of the war.

2028- China surrenders and north korea is utterly destroyed. Ww3 ends with 42 million total casulties.

2029- Nuclear radiation from disabled nuclear devices is pulled to the earths magnetic poles. Unforseen side effects cause the poles to heat up melting the icecaps over the course of one single year.

2030- The Great inland Exodus begins as coastal cities populations flee inland.

2036- Ultra corp becomes the first Super corperation as they form contracts with governments around the world to build the new cities to get homes for the denizens of the now flooded coastal cities.

2042- Six more mega corperations rise up around the world, with their massive economic power they bail out collapsing governments gaining more and more power. Eventually replacing the governments altogether.

2060- With the mega cities finished the world begins to stabalize , however a new issue arrises. Vast amounts of industrialization worldwide have caused toxic pollution to mix with leftover radiation in the water and thus corrupt the earths weather cycles. A man named Aldus Soranik begins working in his own solution in his garage

2070- Aldus completes his solution calling it the Ozone generator he gets the pattent and starts Omega Corp in the hopes of makeing the world better. He states that Omega corps will one day rule the world causing the corperate wars to begin.

2077- Aldus celebrates the birth of his firstborn son, Deucalion Soranik.

2090- Omega corps completes the development of their private army just a little bit before the other coorperations. A shakey peace treaty is signed so that the people of the world will not have to suffer.

2112- After 42 years of cutthroat buisness tactics and assassinations the Coorperate wars end when Deucalion soranik at the age of 25 kills his father and claims Omega corp as his own. He ends the war by disengaging the Ozone generators. Revealing to the world just how toxic the world had become after nearly fifty years of not needing to worry about slowing down their development. Tens of millions die in only a few days. Many people flee underground into the old sewer systems and flooded cities of the old world, they become Known as Ratfolk. Omega corps becomes the sole unchallenged global monopoly.

2119- Deucalion begins his public relations campaign to build his popularity. Omega corp Unveils Vast technological advanced from their R&D department. Flying cars, Medical wonders, and convieniece sways the people to see him as a good leader.

2125- media is bought and paid for, along with the internet by omega corp granting them an informational monopoly.

2140- Deucalion unveils his plan for "immortality" proposing a life tax which collects 90% of all peoples income in exchange for free healthcare, free food, free water, free electricity, free housing, and free education. Experts theorize that with the quality of life increasing in tandem with medical sciences, potential life expectancy has risen to nearly a thousand.

2152- the Life tax wound up being a trap. Those who were fired from the company or otherwise unable to work did not have the means to pay the life tax thus preventing them from using it. And with all nessecities covered by Omega corp and some fine print of course, anyone who isn't worling
for the company cannot purchase anything. Ratfolk populations begin to rise and Deucalion decides to begin dumping toxic waste in the Ratfolks cities in order to kill off their population.

2160- Superpowers begin to manifest throughout the world. Omega corps is able to keep this under wraps with their media and data upload control. Ratfolk show the highest concentration of power development.

2168- Ratfolk rebel soldier Jerome irons Attempts assassination on Deucalion, instead the attack knocks deucalions daughter in a coma and takes the CEO's hand. Jerome escapes but deucalion survives and declares war on the rebels.

2170- Our story begins when deucalions other child runs away from home after wrecking his room in an emotional episode. Deucalion blames the ratfolk rebels thinking it to be a kidnapping. The war escelates further.
~~~
As you can see things here are a complete crapshow. In many ways the world is better than it was before, but in many more it is worse. Freedom is a thing of the past, conformity is the highest virtue now. Who will you be in this world? A rebel trying to overthrow Omega corp? A Ratfolk just trying to survive? A normal citizen trying to live a good life? Perhaps a member of Omega corp trying to maintain order? Regardless the world has fallen into imbalance and in times like this it only takes one person to Tip the scales...

(Hey guys this is a dystopian storyline i had come to mind recently. Set in a futuristic era with laser weapons and flying cars but with a huge overarching government company, there is a plot in mind and there will be ample wiggle room between the plot. Your decisions will effect the storyline, but fair warning death is a possibility in this RP. If you make mistakes in character your character can die, if that makes you uncomfortable than perhaps this RP is not for you. There are a few restrictions on character development.

1. All characters must be at least 16 years of age. There is one exception but it has been discussed and throughly covered.

2. Limit of 3 characters, when/if one of your characters dies you can replace them with a new character.

3. Any powered characters must have limitations on them, no one is above building level in their power. I will work with you in an attempt to give you what your looking for, but if i ask you to change a specific thing rest assured its for plot reasons, keep in mind i must mitigate this battle to keep it fairish.

That said Factions are important in this and its a bit late in the conflict for either side to start recruiting so i recommend starting already allied with a faction. Coordinate with our other players to forge existing relationships if you want or build them as you go your call but i wouldnt waltz into either base trying to join up...that may be a fatal mistake in these hectic wartimes.

I look forward to seeing what you guys can come up with. CS's will be up soon. To claim a spot please pop in and claim a faction (Omega corp, Ratfolk, Rebel, or civilian.)

Last edited:
People n stuff
cyberdude_1_by_hazzard65-d7bisy2.jpg
CEO of omega corp. Deucalion is the richest and most powerful man on the planet and basically the enemy of all. He has no superpowers but instead is known for underhanded tactics and cutthroat tactics, not to mention the most massive and advanced army on the planet.

rifts_juicer_by_chuckwalton_db8jvql-pre.jpg
An ex member of Omega corps private army turned rebel, junkie is addicted to adrenaline which fuels his power. He hopes to bring down omega corps because the thought of fighting the whole world makes his heart beat faster.

f2ba79da8a6f9d2f90129e460321eb9d.jpg
The ratfolk rebel warlord infamous for bombing deucalion. Despite his scars, troops have said laser rounds seem to have no effect on him and he has been seen walking away from several wouldbe fatal situations including the collapse of a building.

d9pprpg-af31bfed-0423-47ee-9c9d-65815d3c3f56.jpg
The son of Deucalion who went missing. Endowed with an increadible power that he thinks would end the rebellion he fled to prevent his father from using him as a weapon.

luis-carrasco-newsuit-scene-02.jpg
The soldiers in omega corp are not only well trained but very well equipped. Anyone who has encountered one can tell you they arent easy to bring down even with superpowers. Their state of the art armor and weapons are a good 20-30 years beyond the competition and their team effectiveness is something to marvel at. It has been said that the Omega troopers could defeat the entire worlds armies from the 20th or 21st centuries.

update

Character deaths and plot armor- in this story chara Character can die, not all will, but some most definitly will. If you are uncomfortable with this i may have a solution. Each player Will be allowed one Plot armored character, these characters will be considerably harder to kill as they will have support from myself and the Co-GM. However there are certain characters categorized as Armorbreakers, these characters can kill those who are plot armored, they will be accompanied by a warning. If two characters have plot armor and become engaged in combat with each other both loose their plot armor for the duration of their match. There are 3 condititions for making plot armored characters.

1st. You must have another character who WILL die. We can discuss their death scene either in Pm's or on discord.

2nd- your plot armored character will be tailor made to fullfil a specific plot related task. They cannot die until this task is completed... Barring armor breakers and other plot armored characters.

3rd- at least one of your characters must work for omega corp. (This can be the same character who is destined to die by condition 1.)

If you have questions tag me and ask. I am usually quick to respond.
~~~

The world

Located in various points throughout the world are the mega cities.
1aab8bc9e1bbf53aac097d96d7cf84ad.jpg
These massive megapolis's hold close to 500,000,000 people each and our story will mainly revolve around Omega corps primary headquarters panorama city. You can find everything and anything in these cities if you look hard enough.

43b56a509bc5f4a068d3dfdd64ec4c82.jpg
The cities of old are thought to be unihabitable but their flooded areas have actually become thriving centers of life for creatures hiding from the harsh dessert landscapes most of the world has been reduced to. The buildings offer shade and shelter in the event of storms. Many of the Ratfolk's largest communities have gathered in these ruins hardy survivalists can live off of the land in relative comfort.

d304j7r-ec2d1610-4ea0-475a-9e46-6d665133c98b.jpg
However between the coasts and the mega cities is a hellish dessert landscape seemingly devoid of all life. Radiation levels can be lethal if prolonged exposure occurs, the temperatures can reach an excess of 199°f, and winds can reach excesses of 180mph whipping up deadly sandstorm. The skeletons of old abandoned cities and towns too far from the coast dot this barren lifespan.​

Well, what's the level of cybernetics, like robots, prosthetics, weapons, etc?
They can replace limbs, organs, and even implant internal machinery to function better than them. However most of those things are restricted to Omega Soldiers. Junkie was one of them and his eyes, lungs, and skeleton are all cybernetic.

Robots do exist. Weaponry is restricted to Plasma, laser, and Magneto-Ballistic rounds.

Interesting. I myself was thinking of an Omega Corps repairman or engineer who may have a story arc with switching sides, or not, mainly depends on other character's actions

Last edited:
Where/how do the cities do their agriculture? I was thinking of playing an Omega Corp researcher trying to either improve the efficiency of the farms in the city or reclaim some of the desert for farmland.

Where/how do the cities do their agriculture? I was thinking of playing an Omega Corp researcher trying to either improve the efficiency of the farms in the city or reclaim some of the desert for farmland.
The food production is actually handled by cloneing and "Skygardens" or massive gardens of produce growing atop the skyscrapers. There are large "agri-towers" which are basically scyscrapers jam packed with animals.

That said reclaiming the desserts might be very difficult.

All of those are tried solutions. Cacti wont grow there. Its not a normal dessert. It is barren of all forms of life. (There is more details to it so you may need to do some ic research.)

I have a question on powers/mutations. Even the ratfolk cities are still poisonous/toxic right? What about someone that could be a living purifier? Basically just cleans up things like a jug of water and such? I’m still working on downsides to the power on top of restrictions for the area of effect he/she can purify, but want to make sure it all clears out before investing time into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back