• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Time to Upgrade

Sub Genres
  1. Action
  2. Adventure
  3. LGTBQ
  4. Magical
  5. Multiverse
  6. Super Powers
  7. Supernatural

Cam E. Leon

Lover of Carpets and Scotland.
Lyla nodded to the small childs words, not really focusing on them as she went through the skill store. Looking at other stuff in it. She could also earn skills as well apperently, so she was confident she would earn her claw skills no problem. The real thing was she needed skills she wouldnt be able to acquire herself. Plus it was always good to read the store to see what skills there are. Knowing skills makes it much easier to go for the skills without buying. Turning to the small child, "No offense taken, I'm a bad leader Anyway" she said nodding her head before she found some interesting ones to work towards. Hmmmm yes, Cooking seems good, she saw a few different claw skills that she could work towards, hmmm and maybe a resistance skill..... she wondered. "Ya guys think if I cut myself repeatedly and heal it I'll build up resistance?" she asked casually making a small slice in her arm as she accepted the party invite
Djinni Djinni Deathkitten Deathkitten Regynleif Regynleif

ManofManyRoles

Fantasy and Sci-fi Enthusiast
Supporter
Charity Desmond

As the group discussed, Charity stood silently, eyes flitting from one figure to the next as her mind worked at the problem that lay before them. Keena seemed greatly unconcerned about the psychological backlash of 'dying' one might endure, callous almost. And yet Tabitha seemed no better, wanting to gear their own method of survival around the survival of the youngest members present. Charity turned her head slowly to regard the other group that indeed did have a child present. This is an awful mess... 'Oh your name's Charity?' caught the tall woman's attention, eyes darting to the speaker as she calmly nodded her head, a hand slowly raised to give a wave of greeting to Lily as she spoke. A glance over to Tabitha as she slowly lifted the pen to her pad of paper, starting to write on it. After a few moments, she tore the paper from the pad and passed it over to Tabitha, giving a small nod to encourage her to take it. Small sentences, not enough paper space. We are overplanning. I think the Tutorial wouldn't care who finished first. All are expected to finish, I'm sure. Or die trying (?). No guarantee we can backtrack after completing Tutorial. True to her 'word', the small pad of paper was running out of space by the end of the note, the neutral and calm expression of Charity boring into Tabitha as she studied her, and then glanced towards the other party, flicking her gaze between he shorter blonde and them as if to convey some sort of message, unspoken as it was.
unknown.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Osuka Osuka

Deathkitten

I am the Deathkitten! Fear me!
illia frei 8.jpgIllia
Illia shrugged, "Honestly? Not sure. If you end up getting one, though, I'll have to try next. That would also mean there would probably be things like poison resistance, acid resistance, disease resistance, fire resistance, etc. I'm liking you more and more, Lyla." She smiled softly as she regarded the party screen. So far, one acceptance, so two people. She and Lyla. Hell, even if it were just the two of them, she'd feel somewhat satisfied with her luck. Everyone else was a nice bonus if they agreed.

"My highest stat is intelligence at a C - in layman's terms that's somewhere around 130 to 140 IQ... not that IQ is a great scale to go off of in and of itself but I digress... Then Cunning and Wisdom at D and Charm and Presence at E. Everything else is at F... so... unfortunately, my physical stats aren't the best. I'll have to work dutifully to remedy that. I understand why some of you might be reticent to share your stats with a stranger - it is usually private from what I understand - but I think it'd be best to at least share our best stat if we have one. That way we can come up with a good party structure. Despite my intelligence, I still don't want to be party leader. Since I'm only eight, I couldn't imagine anyone would listen to me naturally. My other suggested leader would be Dr. Rath... Rash... Dr. Alexis, if not Leon." Illia blushed ever so slightly at her stumbling over the doctor's last name. Talking clearly was so difficult sometimes in this damn little body.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Djinni Djinni Regynleif Regynleif

Last edited:

Djinni

Dr. Alexis Rajnish

The doctor grimaced, considering what the child said. She hadn't thought of the fact that the other kids were in fact grouping up with lots of other teams instead of bunching up for the most part like she had hoped. That would have made things much simpler, since most team combat centered activities didn't actually require killing others, only completing particular goals. In fact, someone had historically "won" the tutorial solo without hurting anyone through a combination of stealth, charisma, and clever traps. But that was only one of countless runs. She knew she had no hope of such a thing.

"I suppose you're not wrong... I guess I must withdraw my objection then," she said as she hit accept on the invitation. She was about to do so herself... though this was beginning to get rather suspicious. She knew a lot about this whole thing. That in itself wasn't strange, but the way she approached it... the odds of being brought in at all, nevermind as a child, was extremely low. Illia didn't sound excited about any of this, almost like she begrudged the whole experience. Why would a child who wasn't hoping to get taken into the tutorial research it so thoroughly? How would they know pretty much any of what she does? That wasn't even addressing the fact that she didn't act like a child at all.

This was only exacerbated by her suggestion of leadership. Wise. The one who spoke in third person seemed shy, which was a poor leadership choice, Lyla was psychotic, no one else would take Illia seriously, and while Rajnish herself was excellent under pressure, she was unfamiliar with combat leadership. She was better with the fall-out. The question was, was that the same thought process the child had? Or was it because of something baser? This Leon character was the only male in the group, and men were more often attributed with leadership traits, nevermind military or militia personnel. "Agreed, concerning leadership," she said offhandedly, deep in thought about what might be going on with the child.

Watching the psychotic one cut herself while wondering out loud if it would do anything helpful, she just sighed. Countless idiots had crossed her table who had this exact idea. "Lyla. Stop that," she said sternly, lightly bopping her forehead with the haft of her spear. "I can answer your stupid question. Yes, it works. No, not very well. It almost always winds up leading to hospital visits because it's so damned slow. You said you're a fighter by trade, right? You'll do just fine at getting it in short order. It's a very common skill in the Tower. And if reason isn't enough to convince you, then the fact that I won't be healing minute wounds should. Healing magic is costly, and I'm more interested in putting your guts back in you than keeping you comfortable."

With a moment of thought, she made a dire threat. "Also, I'll "heal" your hair back to its default natural state, including hair pigmentation and pattern if you make me heal stupid injuries." Could she actually do that with healing magic? Not even a little. But Lyla didn't seem like she'd know that. People usually listened when you threw big words in there anyway.

Djinni

Leon Langley

"The kid's right, we'll surely need to fight some younger people here today," he chipped in as he hit accept on the invite, already having realized that. He'd sized up everyone he laid eyes on already so far; as had Lyla and Riann, more than likely. A group ready for battle... he could've asked for a much worse team, to be sure. Though he doubted they were up to his usual group's standards; he'd seen someone put down five monsters, reload, and take down another three in under four seconds before. He was nowhere near that standard himself... but damned if it wasn't a sight to behold.

Debating on the validity of Lyla's method was interrupted with a deeply uncomfortable suggestion: him being squad leader. "Woah, slow your roll kid," he protested, taken aback. But as he thought about it, his gut sank. She was right. The only other person with combat experience that he knew for sure was a psycho, and even then, fight rings were very different. But he had no leadership experience! How the hell was he supposed to know what he was doing, nevermind what anyone else should be doing?!

I mean, sure, his squad leader was a fucking bamf who he'd learned a lot from... and there weren't any other good options either... and he had actual monster killing experience... and he'd taken more human lives than he cared to admit... and... fuck.

"I... shit. I guess she's right. I suppose it's not technically do or die in this setting anyway, and there's no guarantee we'll be working together afterwards... fine. I'll call shots I guess. I still expect you guys to put your thoughts in, though," he said, doing his best to channel his squad leader. Taking a deep breath, he let out a long sigh. "Fine. My first thought then is to minimize the amount of kids we're gonna be traumatizing here. I've put lead in people on a way more permanent basis than this, but never kids, and I am going to keep that to a minimum. I suggest we go around to the different groups with kids and try to convince the tikes to form a larger group of their own. At the same time, we can be scouting out their capabilities. If we hide our weapons and grab something we're not actually familiar with, it'll minimize how much they learn about us and make them underestimate us because of the obvious discomfort," he suggested, trying to strike a less empathetic note at the same time. He pointed at doctor Rajnish especially. "And in your case, take off your doctor's coat. Look as normal as possible. They'll be measuring us up just as much and we don't want them targeting our healer first."

As people set about into action, he gestured Lyla over. "I suggest you stay behind and keep an eye on our weapons and whatnot," he suggested as he began stripping off his kevlar, bandoleer, and shirt, trying to hide as much of his militia background as much as possible. Thankfully he didn't sculpt himself all TOO much... but he didn't have the best diet, so he still showed off his muscle fairly well. And what muscle there was. "Be openly aggressive to anyone approaching to recruit you or mess with our stuff," he advised, handing her his stuff. "Remember. There's no rule against combat in the starting area, as far as I know. I don't want you to go starting anything... but don't be afraid to finish it if someone gets too troublesome with a lone woman carrying a bunch of good-looking gear, huh?" Turning to Illia, he gestured her over. "I'd suggest you stay too. People are less likely to come after our shit if there's a kid here," he suggested, an unspoken "and prevent her from getting out of line" meant to be conveyed subtly to the kid. She was a weird one, too mature for her age. He'd work with that.

Regynleif Regynleif Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Kyrenka

St. Ka'alia
~Liliana Bermudez~
1652758965696.png She wrung her hands as her eyes darted from speaker to speaker. She really didn't have much to say to contribute to the conversation. The familiar scratching sound of writing drew her back to Charity as the taller woman wrote a new note and passed it to Tabitha. Immediately Taylor leaned in to read over the smaller woman's shoulder. "Yeah, that sounds right. I think each team is expected to complete the tutorial. I'm sure the stronger members can carry the weaker members through though." Grey eyes flickered to Liliana's when he said that before leaving them just as abruptly. Shrinking in on herself a little, the brunette was reminded of how inexperienced she was; and therefore how much of a burden she would end up being.

"But once it's done that's it, right?" She cleared her throat before continuing in a louder voice, "Once we get through the tutorial, we'll be back where we're supposed to be and be OK." Glancing down at the screen Taylor had given her, she hesitantly selected what she thought would be the best abilities considering her inability to wield a weapon.

Taylor glanced again at her, this time his gaze held as he spoke, "Getting through the tutorial is the first problem. If we're in teams I doubt another team would cooperate with us, and that's even if we're together. We might get sent to different places, I don't think the tutorial will be the same for all of us." The stare broke as he ran a hand through his hair. "And that's not even taking into account if any enemies we face can 'respawn' or something." He heaved a sigh at the thought.

"Then maybe making a big group is a good idea after all?" Turning to Keena, Liliana asked, "What do you think? We need more people, right?"

((Interacting with ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Charity, Osuka Osuka 's Tabitha, and Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Keena))

Regynleif

Join the skeleton war, bois
Riann.jpg

Riann kept herself quiet and observatory throughout the group's conversations, other than to give the occasional affirmative towards whatever they decided. This was a good set up, and she truly did not understand the hesitance when it came to the youngest. When the towers first arose, her own parents assured she would be ready for the day she was hopefully chosen by having her take her first life. "No hesitation Ri-Ri, not when it's life or death. Get used to this feeling now."

The girl simply shrugged to herself and shook off the thoughts as Leon took the obvious route of leadership. She felt a lot better after accepting the party invite and her more bubbly side started to shine through. "This is great! Riann is very happy to be here. and Riann will do her best to support everyone!" Following Leon's lead, she took off her two daggers without hesitation, not bothered since she knew that there was still several obscured on her person....

Cam E. Leon

Lover of Carpets and Scotland.
Lyla was about to make a second cut on her arm before she turned to the doctor in fear. "pfft waaah My hairs naturally pink. Th-theres no way it would work on me. A-after all why would it work on natural hair color" She said her voice shaking some. Truth be told she had spent a small fortune on her hair. To get an illusion mage to caset a high level permanent illusion to make her hair the brillian pink it was. "However, for your own sake. I shall not draw my blood. Unless necessary" She quickly added before spinning around to salute leon. Listening to his words gave her a big smile. "so wait. You just want me to sit here, and act scary! Oh sir, your honeyed words make my heart flutter!" she said taking the stuff and calmly tossing it on the ground before using it as a pillow. She calmly hummed as she sharpened her claws on a whetstone "toodaloo, you all have fun now!" She waved them off
Deathkitten Deathkitten Djinni Djinni Regynleif Regynleif

Deathkitten

keena.pngKeena
Keena shuffled, uncertain, but… everyone seemed to be keen on joining up with the claws and bazooka team. Honestly? She didn’t care that much. It made no difference to her. She just wanted to get through the tutorial. The other group looked like they were starting to kind of split up, though, so they needed move quick.

“Rushing the tutorial will just get us bad rewards if we do it poorly,” she said, starting to head across to the other group, “Well. I’m gonna go talk to that party for us. Come with if you want. I don’t wanna miss our cue. If they finalize the party first we won’t have the chance.”

“Hey!” Keena called out with a raised hand waving, “Bazooka dude! Wait up a moment. We wanna join you guys. Is that cool?”

Last edited:

Deathkitten

5A135CA5-ED1C-4CCE-8899-CC1330B2C207.jpeg”This is entertaining. More entertaining than I thought it was gonna be,” said the white haired elven-looking boy with pointed ears. He wasn’t tall like an elf, though, standing at a modest 5’8”.

“Of course you think so,” responded the dark-haired boy, taller than him by almost a foot at 6’6” who also seemed to have elven blood in him.

“I think it’s sad to see some of them panicking, personally,” the girl of their little group said, white-haired and shorter than the other two at 5’6”.

“Don’t worry about them, Kaya. It’s only the tutorial. Most of them are never going to go into the tower anyway. They might have to deal with monsters or whatever but it’s not like the cowards among them have the bones to conquer anything,” said the white haired boy.

The dark-haired one responded, “That’s a rude analysis of them, Averis.”

“But is it wrong?” Averis said back, grinning.

“I didn’t say that.”

“Guys, three isn’t a good number for a party. We need to at least find some people that won’t totally suck…,” Kaya whined, biting her lip as she looked around the area.

“Yeah I know. The end boss fight would suck. Plus we need minimum four for some secrets. Julien? What do you think?”

FE3EA960-8586-4B2E-ABDB-E5A631B20C45.jpegJulien, the dark-haired one, shrugged, “Either way I don’t care much. But we do need at least one more, preferably two to three. All I see are humans, though.”

“Humans are fine! They’re kind of sweet and clueless… oh that sounded rude. What’s a better way to put it? New? They’re cute and new. Though it’s not like we’re old and experienced, ourselves,” Kaya said, smiling as she looked around, “I suppose… should we wait to see if anyone approaches us?”

“Maybe.”

“Yeah, probably. But if no one approaches us then we’ll need to approach them.”

65875845-B2D2-422F-8F3D-A052D88D7465.jpeg“Alright. Well, let’s see who’s interesting in this batch.”

Djinni

Dr. Alexis Rajnish

Solidifying her threat to the large woman with a menacing glare, she began doing as suggested in removing her doctor's coat and weapons. She wore a long-sleeved white shirt underneath. "That's best," she said wryly as she grabbed the most uncomfortable-looking weapon she could find. In her particular case, a large ax and a shotgun.

As the red haired woman separated from the other group and made her offer, Alexis raised a brow. Ten people? It wasn't a strange group size... but it'd be pretty overwhelming on her end to be able to keep everyone alive and healed. "I'm not sure about that..." she said, her reluctance clear in her tone. "Ten people? It seems like a little much... but it might be good for the boss," she said with a shrug. "Up to you, chief, I can see it going either way."

1653259139373.png

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten Regynleif Regynleif

Djinni

Leon Langley

Although glad that everyone was going with what he suggested, it didn't much help the nerves of sudden leadership. This only became more apparent when someone from another team started moving their direction, loudly requesting their teamwork. His own thoughts ran fairly parallel to Alexis', but something came to mind that she didn't seem to think. Later connections. The more people they worked with in a positive manner, the better it would be for them in the end... moreover, he may not be stuck with leadership if they joined together.

"We'll need to meet with your team. We can always separate into squads if we wind up with too many," he said with a shrug. Turning back to the woman who proposed a union of their teams, he yelled back over to her. "Please get a list of your names and abilities ready. And for those comfortable with it, stats. We should make an informed choice."

1653259923284.png
Deathkitten Deathkitten Regynleif Regynleif Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Deathkitten

illia frei 8.jpgKeena and Illia
"Sure. They'll have their say too, of course, and will have to meet you all themselves. We've got... Tabitha, who is this... like... monk girl kind of? Fighting type for sure. She's ripped. We have Charity, who's mute but seems to carry herself well enough. And we have Liliana, who is shy. I dunno what she does. And then we have Taylor, who looks like a girl but is in fact a boy and he seems like he has a good head on his shoulders - fairly assertive. I'm Keena. I'm a performer in my normal life, an acrobat and whatnot. I've done a bit of everything. I chose two simple skills, Dash and Slash, and my high stats are Agility, Dexterity, and Presence, followed by Cunning and Mana in that order. One C, two Ds, two Es. Never expected to have that high of stats, but here we are," Keena gave a smile to Lyla and Illia, "The others can give their information if they're willing."

Illia sighed, "Devour and Appraisal, Intelligence, Cunning, Wisdom, Charm, and Presence in the same sort of order yours are. Having this many people with at least one C-rank stat would be pretty decent, Leon. I'm for it even just based on that as long as no one's nutso."

"You're well-spoken for a kid. I guess that high intelligence is really something, huh?"

Illia nodded, "I guess."

Keena looked back at her group, and then to Leon's again, "I agree that we could break into smaller squads inside the same party. I know I can play scout. I imagine that Tabitha would play melee, possibly tank? I'm not sure for everyone else but if we do group up we should make sure that everyone has their role they fit into so we can flow better as a party. A disorganized troupe is not a very good one to watch and only results in falls and broken bones."

ManofManyRoles

Fantasy and Sci-fi Enthusiast
Supporter
Charity Desmond

As everyone continued to mill about, either in panic or an eagerness to get moving, Charity had a moment to take a slow inhale of breath, working on getting her own bearings. She had to put her panic in the backseat, at least for now. She did research and history as her day job, she knew she had done more than a few studies on towers and Tutorials in her life, she just had to let her anxiety shut up so her brain could work. Her gaze slowly shifted about towards her small 'team'...how was she supposed to communicate her knowledge when she couldn't speak to anyone!? Do I have enough paper for an entire briefing? No, of course, I don't. Biscuits, what do I do!? Just...try my best, I guess? Charity put her pen to paper, the soft scratching of words being scrawled on it in as small and fine a print as she could muster, moving as quickly as she could without risking it becoming illegible. Who should we give the note too, who would communicate it most effectively!? Gaze settled on Taylor, practically staring through him before she continued her writing...a flip of the notepad as she moved to 'page two'. A page and a half later on her little notepad before the rip of paper could be heard, the taller woman practically forcing what she had written into his hands.

Hello. I'm Charity, as you know by now. I was and am a research and historian, several studies and papers on towers. I am brief to conserve paper, sorry. We can expect several 'rounds' to provide a general sense of what to expect. Each stage has a secret, that will supply a large reward if found. That includes the waiting area. Suggest we find it, please share. Challenges can include capture flag, groupxgroup combat, dungeon clear, labrynth clear, boss fight, treasure hunt, monster hunt, tall climb, elemental challenge, investigation mystery, civil problem fix, stealth challenge. Usually 5 rounds, sometimes 3-10. We must find secret in waiting room. Please communicate, I'll start looking. Every mention of the secrets were circled a few times with arrows pointing to them, Charity staring cooling at Taylor before she looked around slowly. She stood at least a head taller than most parties present, she wouldn't be hard to find again. Not to mention with white hair, she practically stood out like a sore thumb. Giving a brief nod to Taylor she started off to look around, all while trying not to look too suspicious as she did so. As she moved her eyes landed on the trio of elven folks, practically staring into their souls as she walked before she snapped her gaze away, picking up the pace just a touch to avoid whatever awkward situation may come of her staring.

unknown.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Osuka Osuka

Users who are viewing this thread