• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Time to Party!

TheWhiteLion

The Optimistic Pessimist
This will be fairly different from most rp's out there (i hope). What I have in mind will essentially be a dungeons and dragons style rpg without dice rolls. However it wont be dungeons and dragons based. this is it's own world that I and the other players will be building as we go along.

Basically it goes like this: For hundreds of years an ancient evil sorcerer has lied dormant, sealed away by 8 ancient champions. These champions names have been lost to time so people simply refer to them by their 'roles'.

Knight, Archer, Cleric, Mage, Berserker, Assassin, Lancer, and Alchemist.

These Champions joined together and defeated the sorcerer, but the seal has broken and now he is free again.

This will be an 8 person rp with each class being first come first serve and only one of each. After playing around with the idea (as well as taking elements from other rpg's I've played) I think I have a way to make this really fun and engaging without being overly complicated (again, I hope). I will be posting a few of the things I have planned below this.

So, the entire rp will be based on a 'party system'. Essentially one person, as elected by the other players during times I have set out, will have full control of battle encounters. Whether it be a boss fight or a run of the mill mob. However, this doesnt mean they can emote your character or the enemy itself.

Here is a mock battle I've come up with: (note I will explain attack stats and def after this post dont wanna dump too much info at once. Also, everyone is Lv 1.)

Goblin Lv. 1: Hp/50, Def/5 x3

Standard goblin. Try no to stand downwind.

Party leader (knight): Ok, berserker and lancer take one goblin. Mage and assassin take the next. Finally, I will take the last with archer providing ranged support. Cleric and Alchemist hang back and provide healing if needed. Keep an eye out for reinforcements or other nasties.

Everyone: Roger

Assassin: not sure if I like this setup, but ok.

*battle commence*

Archer: "Let's take a looksee." *Keen Eye skill activated* (Keen Eye is a skill that archer will get that allows them to telegraph weaknesses of non-boss enemies. I will inform everyone exactly what it is depending on the situation) "Their armor is in poor condition, should be an easy fight."

*goblin defense down by 2*

(from this point everyone will need to emote an attack or skill. Just one attack though, because 8 people attacking at once multiple times would require an ungodly amount of health for enemies. it's easier to deal with smaller numbers.)

Berserker: "Time to bust some heads!" He swings his axe around wildly, not allowing the goblin to tell where the attack would be coming from. His axe struck true and tore through the crumbling armor.

*Goblin A takes 9 damage*

etc etc. I'll go into detail after this gets read and understood.

(side note, I will be the archer. I wanted knight but someone claimed it already it seems XD)
From all those roles, only Knight is interesting for me.

If You want it though, take it, your the gm, I'll just not join then. But there will be others that join, so don't go out of your way for me.

From all those roles, only Knight is interesting for me.

If You want it though, take it, your the gm, I'll just not join then. But there will be others that join, so don't go out of your way for me.
nah it's not that serious. any class is fine with me, it's just that knight is gonna be a tank style character and most characters i play in rpg's are tanks. but archer would have been my second choice anyway. Knight is all yours.

This looks like it could be fun.
What race options are available?
In terms of classes I tend to go for stupid levels of physical aggression with either Berzerker or Assassin

I'll go for alchemist, seeing as I already had a character that's one but used it in a RP that got overcrowded.

Each character will have 'base stats' depending on their character. Certain characters will have more than others based on their roles. Standard rpg stuff.

Since we are not doing dice rolls, attacks will be simplified like so:

The Lv 1. berserker in the mock battle above did 9 damage. The goblin had 5 def until it's weakness was exposed by the archer, lowering it to 3. So the berserker does 12 base damage (not final, I'm still working out the base stats). No multipliers, no complicated defense algorithms, just two numbers subtracted from each other.

Now, when you char levels up, each stat is multiplied by your current level times the base. So if berserker had 12 attk at Lv. 1, at lvl 2 his attack is now 24. Enemies work the same way.

Everyone got it so far?

This looks like it could be fun.
What race options are available?
In terms of classes I tend to go for stupid levels of physical aggression with either Berzerker or Assassin
I'm answer to your question, I'm fine with fantasy races like: Human, elf, dwarf, orc, etc etc. I would like it if people avoid half dragon/Angel/demon/god/vampire type stuff. I want to be lenient on stuff like this, but sometimes it goes too far.

So, someone might be thinking (or maybe not) "but what about when they attack us? Can we dodge?" yes, but you need enough speed.

Speed is another base stat all chars have. If your speed is higher than your enemy, you can dodge their attack. Tanks will not have a lot of speed, but the cleric can use a spell to buff your speed of you ask nicely.

Try not to exhaust the cleric though, they can't heal if they have no mana. The alchemist can make elixirs to do the trick as well, but only if they have the ingredients. You can also buy them from shops in towns.

Any specific questions?

So, someone might be thinking (or maybe not) "but what about when they attack us? Can we dodge?" yes, but you need enough speed.

Speed is another base stat all chars have. If your speed is higher than your enemy, you can dodge their attack. Tanks will not have a lot of speed, but the cleric can use a spell to buff your speed of you ask nicely.

Try not to exhaust the cleric though, they can't heal if they have no mana. The alchemist can make elixirs to do the trick as well, but only if they have the ingredients. You can also buy them from shops in towns.

Any specific questions?
I was hoping my Knight character would have a shield. Isn't blocking an option?

I know some attacks can't be blocked, just as some can't be dodged, but is blocking no option at all?

Thanks for the info but I think I'll drop out of this. It look a lot more mechanics than narrative heavy so not really my thing.

I was hoping my Knight character would have a shield. Isn't blocking an option?

I know some attacks can't be blocked, just as some can't be dodged, but is blocking no option at all?
Yes, knight will have a shield and will be able to block. Blocking will go off of your defense vs the opponents attack power. If your def is higher, you block the attack. This will mostly be for lancer and knight as they are the tanks. (i debated making berserker the tank instead of lancer, but decided berserker suited dps instead.)

Yes, knight will have a shield and will be able to block. Blocking will go off of your defense vs the opponents attack power. If your def is higher, you block the attack. This will mostly be for lancer and knight as they are the tanks. (i debated making berserker the tank instead of lancer, but decided berserker suited dps instead.)
I was hoping to have a morning star as weapon, would that be possible or am i restricted to have a sword?

Thanks for the info but I think I'll drop out of this. It look a lot more mechanics than narrative heavy so not really my thing.
I understand, but this is just explaining combat. The narrative is everything else outside of combat. Either way, I appreciate you taking a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back