• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Tiamat's Awakening (D&D 5e Based Homebrew)

Hey guys, I'm back. Sorry for like almost ruining this entire super happy fun time game for everyone. I was just going through a lot of messed up real world stuff for a while and no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't bring myself to post for whatever reason. I'll be on way more often now, so no need to worry about that. Again, I'm sorry I was missing for quite some time.

Hey man, real life > RP. Shit happens and we've gotta roll with the punches. I apologize that Urreek is on death's door btw xD

Ok, I rolled and I posted. I wasn't sure if I landed the hit. I tried to leave things a bit vague, but confident. Let me know if there are any problems with it.

Also I was wondering. What color are these creatures? May I attempt to skin them with my dagger when this is over? I think it would be cool to take a few pounds of roughly removed hide back to a tailer and ask them to make me a new mage coat out of snake skins.

Grimsvald said:
Ok, I rolled and I posted. I wasn't sure if I landed the hit. I tried to leave things a bit vague, but confident. Let me know if there are any problems with it.
Also I was wondering. What color are these creatures? May I attempt to skin them with my dagger when this is over? I think it would be cool to take a few pounds of roughly removed hide back to a tailer and ask them to make me a new mage coat out of snake skins.
Embellished with Aarakocra feathers...

@Naxtaroth can I use my level 1 Shield spell on reaction to that snake attack? It would bump my AC up to 20 until the start of my next turn and prevent this damage.

Now I realize that I could've rolled for a sneak attack

canstock8075480.jpg

Reading up on it, you can use a reaction on your turn, and since you can react to a reaction (i.e. Wizard A casts a spell, Wizard B casts counterspell, Wizard C casts counterspell on Wizard B's Counterspell), so I'd say yes, but you wouldn't get attacks of opportunity or any other reactions until your next turn.

RAW there's nothing preventing you from taking a Reaction to a Reaction, it's why a Wizard can Counterspell a Counterspell to ensure his spell hits. You only get 1 reaction per turn though.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll say that since Senya was the only one within 5 feet and she wasn't really causing it any troubles, you wouldn't have gotten it since Sadim wasn't stealthed... since the sneak attack with an ally within 5 feet thing is supposed to be like your ally is up close threatening it or distracting it, so it doesn't notice you sort of thing, and Senya wasn't quite doing that and LeviCi was focusing on another snake altogether

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I am going to use my Shield spell to save myself from that damage. When should I post the description of that, during my turn of initiative or right now? Or is that something you would like to write in @Naxtaroth ? I envision just a burst of energy that pushes the snakes jaw open, then away. Then LeviCi standing there with a sphere of energy around him.

Playing a level 1 character is scary lol. Is this what I have been putting people through all these years? Really enjoying my first campaign as a player Naxtaroth. Thanks for DMing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back