• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Tiamat's Awakening (D&D 5e Based Homebrew)

Alright, so we just need Urreek's location and the map will be complete :D I'm just gonna guess based on the RP as to where he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, everyone check the map, let me know if it's okay, @The Endergod I'll go ahead and believe you if you were further back in the cavern, but please don't just say it so Urreek can be out of range of the snakes :P The way this will work is that anyone who is surprised won't add their Dex mod to their AC, but i will also not metagame, I will keep in mind the snakes will attack whoever is nearest to them and not target the surprised people :)

^ yep, since everyone except for Valric was caught off guard, I'll say they did not have their weapons ready, so it'll be their first turn's bonus action.... Valric, however, could have used the bonus action during the surprise round to draw his, so if he wants a bonus action during the first round of combat, he can have it.

Then given the case I'll have Sadim running into a better position (Not outside this time) and draw the crossbow without attacking.

Of course xP

Though I find it funny that he being as far as he is reacted faster than Senya who's right besides a giant snake.

To be fair, the snake slithered forward out of darkness and then sudden bursts of light xD and as far as the whole drawing/stowing a weapon thing, if it's your first weapon drawing of the turn, it's typically just part of your attack action or movement that you draw the weapon, however, in this special case since you're all surprised, I'm considering it a bonus action on the first round... it's putting away a weapon to pull something else out that costs a bonus action normally... and unless you have the Dual Wielder feat, you can only draw/stow one weapon. (meaning exchange one weapon for one weapon)

Yes, you'd use your movement, a bonus action to draw your weapon since you were surprised, and then you could use your action to attack. Normally, drawing it would be part of your action/movement as a free action, but in this specific case since you were surprised, it'll take your bonus action. The only other time it will cost a bonus action is if, say, Sadim has a dagger out and he wants to put it away to take out his crossbow. Then, for completeness, let's pretend Sadim has Dual Wielder. He could A) draw two daggers and stow his crossbow or B) stow two daggers and draw his crossbow :P ... There's honestly lots of different scenarios and I'll just have to let you know on a case by case when drawing/stowing is a free action and when it's a bonus action. For now, however, he may do exactly as I listed at the beginning of this :P

Honestly, if you guys want to make your posts in the Main detailing what you want your character to do (keeping in mind one movement, one action, one bonus action, possibly extra stuff if I think it's cool) and then make any logical checks in the Dice Log, then I can tel you "hey that's too much" or "cool, you can still do this if you want" and possible even "alright, make a check/save" then that's fine :P I'd rather bend the rules to the story than the other way around

I just like to be clear on the results of my actions before I go to the effort of writing up a whole post.

That's fine too lol, I can always see your turn and give feedback on it from that too... that's moreso what I meant, is either post in the OOC or DL about what all you wanna do and then I give feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Back