• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Tiamat's Awakening (D&D 5e Based Homebrew) - Dice Log

Do it loud, do it proud, also remember Valric is literally being crushed to death lol... DC 14 strength save to get out, otherwise he is considered grappled/restrained

Naxtaroth said:
Do it loud, do it proud, also remember Valric is literally being crushed to death lol... DC 14 strength save to get out, otherwise he is considered grappled/restrained
Would someone be able to assist him with his strength save?

Sadly, he's being constricted and i dont see how that would work :/ you have no reactionary actions to take against the snake, otherwise I'd say yes. @Cashdash25 For the sake of Valric not dying, I'll go ahead and say breaking free would be his movement, not his action, but any actions he takes therafter will be at disadvantage due to his injuries. Strength save is normal though.

Last edited by a moderator:
In other news, I just found this squire app for 5e that is going to be phenomenal in being a resource to reference your character info and Exp progress. Now to sit and input character info! haha... Also useful for classed NPCs

Valric will attempt to break the grapple.

[dice]24962[/dice]

He succeeds.

He will then cast Animal Friendship at the snake attacking him, DC 14 Wis Save or Charmed.

technically would only have been 14 since your strength mod is 2 and you wouldnt add your prof bonus since it's just a strength check not a save, but that would still work. As for the snake's roll

[dice]24963[/dice]

It resists the charm effect, its natural instincts not weak enough to be swayed

ah, okay :P I was thinking strength not athletics, oops lol. Anywho, you broke free and the snake resisted, moving out of melee will provoke an attack of opportunity

As per your previous post, Valric's movement was used up escaping the grapple, as I don't have a bonus action my turn ends.

I think it is my turn next. LeviCi is going to try and chill touch cantrip again, but he will miss.

[dice]25010[/dice]

If it is my turn, let me know and I will post a description IC. I am contemplating a move action...I think I want to set up for my AOE spell to go off next turn. Still undecided.

Also, if at any point you want to hold your action, you may do so, just give me a trigger. You cannot, however, do any bonus actions that may result from this action. Also, you can't hold movement unless you hold your entire turn, which will put you permanently lower in initiative for the rest of combat.

[QUOTE="The Nameless One]If I recall correctly how this worked, if I move I can't reload and shoot in the same turn?

[/QUOTE]
Nothing in the rules says that.

hmmm, let me check the PHB about loaded weapons...the only thing it says is that regardless of the number of attacks you have, due to its long loading time you can only fire once from it. I'll say that you can use up your bonus action to reload, which would mean you still could reload, move, shoot

Loading doesn't cost you your bonus action either.

The only thing it does is limit you to a single attack whenever it is fired regardless of the number of attacks you could make.

Should've picked a Chu Ko Nu.

Well, I'll roll as if I could attack snek 1 then

[dice]25017[/dice]

[dice]25018[/dice]

Tis but a scratch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back