• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Through the Dark Mists (Superpowered "heroes" roleplay story)

Vexumin

Whiskered Wizard
You awake in your cell to an unnatural silence, raising your wrists against the bed restraints that are... surprisingly undone. It is strange, being able to leave your metal surfaced bed without someone in a white lab coat at your side. Getting a clearer look at your room, you can see that the walls and floor have been fitted to suit the abilities you possess. You've been able to see the rooms of other patients before. Some that have a fiery tendency, both figuratively and literally have near chrome surfaces all around, even on their furniture. Not a cushion to speak of. There are other rooms made specific to different "abnormalities" that some "patients" might have. The correct words though, to people held in this facility, are powers and prisoners.

86ee56d273654a17f1f133928cdf7d8e.jpg

Your room is unique as well, fitted to contain the power you grew into. Might be difficult to remember the world beyond the cell at times, but thinking about the sun on your skin keeps you alive and with hope that one day you will be able to leave. For some prisoners, their hope was squandered by the same workers that treat them from day to day. Especially the most troublesome of prisoners, receiving their weekly beatings once their powers have been suppressed. Though a company as untouchable as GenWorks can get away with such mistreatment. You'll get out one day. You just know it. You'll either play things safe or work your best and force your way out. You know you have the power to do it.

As you fantasize about what just might be... something happens that has never happened before. The door to your cell opens just a crack, revealing the sleek hallways beyond the door you have stared at for so long. Half expecting someone to open the door, you are surprised to find no one to greet you or wonder just how your binds came free. At first you think that maybe all the time spent in here was getting to your head. For all you know, it's another state of delusion brought on by the medications you're forced to take, but you can feel your power raging from within and not taken away by the drugs prescribed to you and everyone else.

As you sit in the silence, staring at the door, your instincts kick in, screaming at you. Your brain begins to tell you with all of its might that something is dreadfully wrong. You muster the courage to shuffle closer to the crack peeking into the hallway. There are other doors that share the hall with your cell. All of which are cracked much like yours, but only from certain doors can you see a shadow. Other prisoners who seem to have also been freed. You push the door and step into the hall, your new life and journey beginning here.

Through the Dark Mists is an rp about contained individuals that had long since developed unique abilities. They are often kept within cells specifically modified to fit their power, keeping them only more contained and locked away from modern society. What these special individuals do not know is that their world is about to flip upside down, for better or for worse. They will find themselves facing a darkness that they will not be able to face at first. Characters can be as the roleplayer wishes, though powers must be as expected of a superhuman. Now, powers should not go as far as Superman's near invulnerability, or at least not too close, but if you have an idea for a super power that you'd like to play at, then give it a shot!

All of the appropriate pages will be made once there is any interest in the rp. I look forward to seeing if this kicks off!​

Last edited:
This sounds coooooollllllllll. If there are spots still I'd be down to clown! Or I mean.... super... power...person..... yes yes

It will be done soon as I've done some figuring out on how not to be op with the ability I'm thinking of using

It will be done soon as I've done some figuring out on how not to be op with the ability I'm thinking of using

Generally try to keep it to a point where your fellow PC's aren't too affected the second everyone is free. Of course, at the beginning of the story, everyone will have to deal with their powers being suppressed through medical means. I will apply inhibitors where I feel is necessary and of course these inhibitors will be removed nearing the end of the intro!

Ok, cause I'm thinking between Hammerspace, stretchiness or being made of rubber (Basically Mr. Fantastic vs Ms. Marvel)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back