• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom THRONE of GAMES: A Mashup Interest Group (SEEKING PLAYERS)

capMARVELOUS

Acclaimed* Light Novel Author Tatami Enjo
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
capMARVELOUS presents
THRONE of GAMES: A Mashup

NOTICE: No knowledge of HALO required to participate!

3029674-h5-guardians-warzone-skirmish-at-darkstar-map-est-01.jpg

The Warzone has entered a state of, well, war.
Two days ago, Chris of Clan Sangheili, the best player in Matchmaking, was booted from the game. Through his efforts, Clan Sangheili reigned at the top of the leaderboard for many seasons. With him gone, and the Firefight steadily approaching, the Clans of the Warzone now scramble madly for their chance to potentially dethrone Clan Sangheili, and take their place at the top.
But before they can get shit done, they'll need to get theirs together...

NAVIGATION
Interest Group | Main Gameplay Thread | Character Factory | Chat Club | Lore (under construction)

What to Expect
Throne of Games is a Game of Thrones-style open world, sandbox-esque roleplay. Throughout the course of the game, players can participate in political subterfuge, build their own little corners of the game's vast world, and partake in battles for the glory of their Clan or themselves.
The only problem is that they'll bungle it the whole way through.
For you see, Throne of Games also borrows many elements from the world of that acclaimed HALO machinima, Red vs Blue. Particularly the incredibly dysfunctional and morally dubious characters. Which, of course, are the players.
This ironic combination of serious gameplay and not-serious characters should make things... interesting, to say the least.

Rules
1.) All RPNation policies apply.
2.) PMs or messages in the Chat Club regarding world building and plot ideas are always welcome.
3.) Players may create up to two characters in the Character Factory.
4.) Please be detailed in your posts when not engaging in dialogue. A full paragraph is the required minimum.
5.) In combat situations, please be sensible.
6.) If players have any beef with anything, please contact your GM, a la me.

TAKE LUCK, AND WEAR YOUR SEATBELT.

Last edited:
Awesome. So this is pretty much RvB mixed with Arby n' the Chief.

Okay, sooooooooo

1: Despite clan names, we're all hoomanz, yeah? Like ...this doesn't explicitly take place in the canon halo universe, but some AU where all the weapons exist, but the factions are totally different?

2: What is "the warzone" and "matchmaking" in terms of lore stuff? Do these people casually get together for a deathmatch every so-often, or is there some weird lore-based "respawn" system?

3: Are armor abilities a thing that characters can use / start with?

Okay, sooooooooo

1: Despite clan names, we're all hoomanz, yeah? Like ...this doesn't explicitly take place in the canon halo universe, but some AU where all the weapons exist, but the factions are totally different?

2: What is "the warzone" and "matchmaking" in terms of lore stuff? Do these people casually get together for a deathmatch every so-often, or is there some weird lore-based "respawn" system?

3: Are armor abilities a thing that characters can use / start with?
1.) Yes. We're all hoomans, and Throne of Games is actually set within a HALO 5 multiplayer game.
2.) The Warzone is simply the collective name of the group of maps that players will play in. Matchmaking is simply the process of aligning yourself with a Clan; it signals the start of a new season, which ends in a five-day Firefight (game of Team Slayer). Battles between Firefights are simple games of Capture the Flag. Since it's a never ending HALO 5 multiplayer game, re spawn is a thing that is acknowledged, and the only way to truly "die" is to get booted.
3.) Armor Abilities are a thing, but they're hidden relics, scattered throughout the Warzone. They can be used, but only if you find them.

Last edited:
I have a tentative interest, but I really want to know how the maps and territories connect up, so that I can understand the setting details. Are territories just combat maps in the strict HALO level sense? Or are these territories broad, city-like areas with NPC populace and actual civilian activity? Or just military bases in the sense of Red vs Blue's Red/Blue base? How do players visit other areas - do they have a kind of meta server-hop mechanism, or do they travel physical distance in vehicles?

I have a tentative interest, but I really want to know how the maps and territories connect up, so that I can understand the setting details. Are territories just combat maps in the strict HALO level sense? Or are these territories broad, city-like areas with NPC populace and actual civilian activity? Or just military bases in the sense of Red vs Blue's Red/Blue base? How do players visit other areas - do they have a kind of meta server-hop mechanism, or do they travel physical distance in vehicles?
Those are good questions. I'll answer them as best I can.
Regarding territory composition, they're sort of a mixture of all three. They are made up of HALO 5 multiplayer maps, yes, but they're not made up of just one. Rather, they're composed of multiple maps with similar terrain. Using the Stormbreak territory as an example, it's made up of the March on Stormbreak, Summit, Glacier, and Stasis maps, all of which are covered in snow. So that's a lot of area covered, and a lot of places for NPCs and "civilians" (players who aren't immediately engaged in battle) to interact. And each territory's capital also doubles as a military base.
With regard to traveling, players can physically travel between maps within a territory with ease. Again using the Stormbreak territory as an example, a player can easily head from, say, Glacier to March on Stormbreak proper in a vehicle without worry. Traveling between actual territories, though, does require a "server-hop," which is basically done by accessing the menu button on the X-Box controller.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back