• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Thriller ‘Murder on a Train’ Inspired RP

Cygnum

“All around us are people of all classes, of all nationalities, of all ages. For a select amount of time these people, these strangers to one another, are brought together. They sleep and eat under one roof, they cannot get away from each other. At the end of this time they part, they go their separate ways, never, perhaps, to see each other again.”

Hello there! I have been in love with Agatha Christie’s ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ for as long as I can remember. The 1974 movie adaption was wonderful, and if anyone remembers Alfred Hitchcock’s ’Strangers on a Train’ (1951), I love that as well. I’ve always wanted to do a roleplay inspired by these literary and cinematic works, but getting the people and story together isn’t always easy, especially without a means for advertising. But with the remake of Murder on the Orient Express coming so soon, I figure that now is a better time than ever to get this roleplay going!

In order to secure a spot in this RolePlay, I ask that you are a detailed, advanced literate RolePlayer. Please, NO one–liners! You will be required to create an original character, approved by myself, that adheres to one of the provided tropes. ONE trope per player— if someone is already playing The Professor, for example, that trope is taken, and there will be no more Professors on the train. That being said, your character should be unique and interesting! As the book says, there are people of all ages, backgrounds, and ethnicities. Creativity is encouraged here. So, into what I need! I’m looking for at least 14 other players in order to cover all required tropes and bases for this roleplay. The available tropes are as follows;

THE PROFESSOR
THE BUTLER
THE MAID
THE COUNT
THE COUNTESS
THE GANGSTER
THE ASSISTANT
THE MISSIONARY
THE WIDOW
THE SALESMAN
THE DOCTOR
THE PRINCESS
THE DETECTIVE

If you are not interested in any of these tropes, but you ARE interested in this roleplay, please still get in touch with me! We would also love a conductor, cooks and servers, an engineer, and other people who work on, or would be on the train. Some of these characters will also be NPC’ed if need be, and nobody wants to claim them.

Together, the players will solve dilemmas, engage in conversation, and gather clues and knowledge to work towards finding the murderer... If they aren’t murdered themselves. The RolePlay will mainly be carried by the players, but I, as an ominous force who maintains the mood and environment of the train, will present players with prompts, options, twists, turns, and clues provided to me by the killer, in order to keep things moving and interesting. And don’t worry— even if your character is not the Detective, you still will play a very important role in solving the mystery, but also being a suspect and a witness! No matter which trope or character you choose, you will have fun.

If you are interested or have any questions, message me your desired **TROPE**, your character’s **NAME**, and anything else you want to discuss right off the bat. My Kik is @MurderOnTheTrain, hope to see you there!

You might be in the wrong area. This board is for dice games, and this seems like a pure role-play game. You'll probably find more people interested in the appropriate board. :xFsmile:

You might be in the wrong area. This board is for dice games, and this seems like a pure role-play game. You'll probably find more people interested in the appropriate board. :xFsmile:
Thanks! New to this and still trying to figure it out, I suppose I misunderstood. Appreciate your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back