• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Three Random Plots

ShinyInk

Going to keep it very short, but I'm a Novella writer looking for someone of a similar nature for any of the plots below! It would be grand to send me a writing sample, but completely not needed! I'm a dominate sort of writer leaning towards playing a male in a M/F scenario, but not opposed to F/F!

OKAY, DONE. Onto the plots:

The Soldier wasn't sure what he'd been expecting to happen, but he'd never imagined in a million years that it would ever turn out like this.

The War was still ongoing, and he was soon to be part of it in an entirely new place. It had been November 13th, 1944 at around 10 or so in the morning. A morning set deep in the Hurtgen forests of Germany, where the battle was set and waiting for a winner. A rookie among soldiers who'd had better training under their belt, but he had enough desire to get better. He'd grown up a Texas man, where the weather had a consistent theme of heat all year long, even blazing when Santa Claus came to town. Germany was much colder than he'd anticipated. It bore one of those cold mornings that made a man want for nothing more than a warm bed or at least steaming hot Joe to do just as well. A morning freezing enough to allow him to see his own breath in the air or to make the grass crunch loudly beneath his boots. Such was a side effect of choosing the woods as a place to fight, having so many variables for the environment that could not be controlled. Perhaps it was this very thing that had him cut away from the depths of his unit, chased away by the sudden pursuit of enemy soldiers and their gunfire. He'd been forced into a very long sprint, adrenaline and freezing oxygen being the only thing keeping his battle-worn body running and avoiding the buzzing bullets. He was remarkably lucky to not only avoid being struck by their weaponry but also somehow lose them altogether. Luck turned to misfortune as he realized he was lost himself, who knows how far away from his Allies. His choices eventually came down to retracing the path he'd fled, or keep walking and potentially step on a mine.

The travel back seemed longer at first, and he was quick to dismiss it as him running farther than he thought. But when the minutes stretched into a full hour--when the air went from chilling to stifling and the plant life became more abundant The Soldier knew there was something wrong. He wasn't in the Hurtgen forest or even Germany, and he was starting to doubt that he was even on Earth anymore. The Soldier began to witness wildlife never before seen by the gaze of humans and traveled a forest that had never known human visitors. In his awe and mystified stupor, it only made sense that he would eventually run into something of a higher intelligence without warning. A woman, yet not human. No, the women he knew were pretty good at English, not some strange gibberish he'd never heard of. They also weren't taller than him, didn't have long pointy ears or wield bows and arrows like archers in Medieval days.

He wasn't sure what he'd been expecting to happen, but he'd never imagined in a million years that it would ever turn out like this.

-------------------------------------------

To sum up the gist of what I'm suggesting, I want to explore the plot idea of a young soldier suddenly snatched from the front lines of WWII and placed into a world of Fantasy that has never seen a human before or the weapons he carries with him, quickly running into a female Elf. What do the two do together? Do they both reluctantly agree to search for his way back to Earth? Does he accidentally shoot her out of surprise and takes it up himself to get her back in shape? Do they both end up in Orc territory at the wrong time, leading to them being handcuffed together and having to escape the capital of the Orc kingdom--all while not understanding anything the other is saying?

Character A's entire family line are vampires, but they aren't savages.

At least, that's what her parents told her. Sure, their history has often been filled with horrifying, mythic tales of their ancestors tearing apart random people to feast on the rich nectar held in their flesh and such chaos was caused over the millennia by these actions that--despite the human race believing vampires to be nothing more than supernatural fiction--they are still heavily feared by the general populace. But despite this, her prior generations have always managed to have some modicum of intelligence and always personally strive to prove that they're just as good as these short-lived blood bags they hide amongst. Character A knows about the vampires that run cooking shows, paper companies and even have a seat close to the presidential office, and she knows her parents expect that kind of thing from her too.

Or maybe they just don't like her tattoos, or her blackened hair or the fact that she's into rock bands and that its not some teenage phase of hers. Whatever the reason, they practically shoved her into college and sent her on her first step to becoming a young vampiric woman in the world of human beings. They could have at least given her enough cash to get a dorm room all to herself, but not to worry; the college uses its patented "probability system" to randomly pair her with a roommate of which she can share the rent with. It's not that she isn't good with other people; she knows there's a few other vamps at the school with her after all. She's just worried about the probability of being paired with some annoying, overfriendly human for four years.

So it doesn't surprise her that Character B is some sort of squeaky clean, puppy-smiling, bright, cheerful guy with the most sickening Good Boy attitude that's the exact opposite of her own social appearance.

It does surprise her that they actually get along really well with each other, though.
---------------------------------------------

To sum up this one, a sort of Goth-ish vampire and the best of boys walk into a college dorm. Neither of them duck. Romance ensues. Cut. Print. Perfect. Does he find out about the vampire side of her? Is he cool with it? What hijinks would ensue? F/F is possible. Maybe the only plot I wouldn't mind being submissive in!

My only requirement would be that the vampire species should have some traits that help them better blend in. For instance, as opposed to just one type of blood, perhaps they can live off cow blood or sheep's blood? Perhaps they can eat food like everyone else, but need blood at some point. Things like that.

Moving into a new city is never easy, but B still manages.

His family never really liked the idea of you going to that city for college, of all the places you could be going that seemed less dangerous--Topolis, Star City, Coast city, and a few others were peaceful places. Maybe that's why he went here? Other cities would be a little too peaceful and quiet for his tastes and while this city was certainly dangerous for many colorful reasons, he was certain people would be more socially active with him if he had to make any sort of friends. Just as long as he didn't visit too many public places too many times, he was likely to be kept out of any dangerous events. In any case, his family accepted the decision and he set out for this foreign new city.

It was a week before college would start for him, and with everything you wanted to be moved officially moved, there was a little downtime to kill. It only seemed logical to see things to do in this city before you inevitably had to start school--only the list of sights and places seemed...underwhelming. From a jogging park downtown to a charity party by an abandoned Manor, nothing seemed particularly eye-catching or distinguishable from what he had in his hometown. Just when it seemed nothing was going to be the headline of his week's to-do list, a flyer on the wall of an old pizzeria stood out to him. It was pretty degraded from weather, but he could make out enough: "--The Magician: Sor--7:30 pm at Grayson theater". Now, he wasnt an avid fan or believer in Magic, but nothing else seemed to be on his level of interest. Even if it was magic targeted towards little kids or something, he might learn trick for a party or see something you've never seen before.

He went at 7:30, took his seat in a nearly empty theater. It was off-putting to be a nearly vacant area; what if this magician really was targeted towards kids? Regardless of his suspicion over just how good this magician actually was, he still stayed for some reason. When the lights dimmed, he were expecting an older man with a trimmed mustache and a top hat to walk onstage. However, the exact opposite appeared.

Character A.

A young woman, in the usual clothes expected of a magician, complete with tight fishnet leggings, inky black hair and a strange sparkle in her violet eyes. She walked on stage as though the entire theater was full; pleased and proud as she took to the center and introduced herself to her small audience. If she was disappointed at her tiny turnout, it didn't show on her face as she began her truly astonishing act. Sure, one or two of the acts may have been the usual rabbit shtick, but the others were unique feats of magic and seemed genuinely real to B! The hour of inventive tricks and humor for the magical beauty went by like a blur, and before long the curtains shielded her beauty from view. He felt what he saw of her just wasn't enough; he'd have to see this strange yet alluring bombshell at least one more time! Would he wait for the next showing?

On his way out, he noticed another flyer on the wall. But as opposed to showing the times for the next event of hers, it offered a separate way to see the woman again:

Help Wanted! In need of Assistant!

Discuss this adventurous new job opportunity with Character A herself, backstage! ;-D

-------------------------------
If the idea wasn't clear enough there, I'm looking for a slice of life and/or adventurous romance sorta story involving a regular guy and the likes of a young Zatanna-ish lady in need of an on-stage Assistant. While I am hoping to play the part of the guy, I can play Zatanna with heavy convincing and while I desire M/F, I can be convinced for F/F!

Alright! That's all. PM me if interested in any of these! DO NOT RESPOND TO THE THREAD

Last edited:
When you say you are a novella roleplayer, how much are we talking? I am personally in the same boat (I ask my partners for a minimum of 700 words/post) though I must also mention I am a very slow poster as I prefer to take my time with making long, juicy quality posts (I make no promises to take anything less than 2-3 weeks per post). At the same time, I don't demand that my partners give me quick answers either, just that they have an OOC presence.

Does that sound like it would fit within your particular interests?

If so:
1. Where do you prefer to roleplay?
2. What sort of images, if any, do you prefer when it comes to character sheets?

I'd be happy to do the soldier RP. I think it might be challenging at first, but I love the idea and would be happy to work on it with you. Please let me know if this interests you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back