• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Three Kingdoms Online (A VRMMORPG Adventure!)

Neo Alice

Mahō Shōjo

• Blood colored pixels dripped from your throat… your eyes began to shed tears as your body fell to the ground, your crown rolled on the floor as it fell from your head. Your vision blurred until complete darkness took place, suddenly purple polygons overflowed your eyesight until a small rectangular shape formed in front of you. It was a small system window. ”Welcome to Three Kingdoms, log in or sign in?” You would have slammed your fist against something if you could but right now you’re incorporeal and there’s nothing around you to begin with, still you felt like the tears were there. Oh, that’s right, you aren’t fully immersed now… those most be your real tears.

Well it’s only natural; you just lost your account after being the ruler of your nation for three full years! ‘Three Kingdoms Online’ it’s not like your regular VRMMORPG, if your character dies… your account gets wiped out entirely from the main server. Four years ago the game was launched, a typical fantasy game but with some interesting twist that made it quite unique on its own. Aside from death meaning to start over from scratch, the magic system is themed to the kingdom you create your avatar in and skills are unique to each player. After a year of fighting and leveling up you managed to defeat the NPC that ruled over your Kingdom! And from then on you were the ruler, you had authority, power… it was heaven.

So how did you end up like this? Easy, you were betrayed. By who? Why? You don’t even know, that’s the worst part! Anyway, after you finished crying you finally decided to give a glare to the ‘sign in’ button to confirm your choice. Purple polygons overflowed your eyesight again and finally you had a body once more, it’s been four years since you were in this place. In here you customize your avatar and stuff, there’s a big mirror reflecting your image… but something is weird. First, the room is way too similar to your old throne room. Second, you still look like your old avatar by default. Third, there’s a weird person looking at you in here. ”Oh! Your majesty! Welcome back!” It was a purple haired girl, dressed in maid clothes. She was excited by your arrival, although rapidly her face turned sadder. ”I’m sorry your majesty, your story was beautiful, really.” You were confused and she seemed to noticed. ”Oh! Yeah! I forgot! I apologize, I’m the Royal System.” She bowed to you, giving you the respect you became accustomed to receiving from the NPCs during your three years as a ruler. ”Don’t you know? Normal rules don’t apply to royalty!” You felt like in heaven once more, apparently your account wasn’t erased after all.

That heaven became hell as soon as she took you down from that hopeless dream. ”Don’t misunderstand me please; your account data has already been erased from the system.” She shook her head, feeling bad for you. ”However, you unlocked an achievement since not only you were the first player that became a Ruler in your kingdom but also managed to stay in that position for three whole years!” She clasped her hands together, applauding to you. ”This means you’ve successfully unlocked the Royal Heritage for your next character! Isn’t awesome?” All despair disappeared after hearing those words… the legendary royal heritage was real? You spent those three years searching for a way to upgrade your heritage, as have been everyone else after the developers revealed that all players had ‘Peasant Heritage’ as the default setting and they had to complete a secret Quest in order to upgrade it.

You never imagined that that secret Quest involved dying, that’s what everyone’s scared in this game! Losing your account became the number cause of stress among players and death wasn’t an option for anyone that had invested time on their character. Sneaky Developers, a little smirk took place on your face. Regrets aside, this was a good opportunity. ”Glad to see you fired up, your Majesty!” You nodded your head towards her and she quickly gave you a wink with her left eye.

‘Heritage’ is what defines your character entire gameplay, this is done by selecting the kingdom you wish to be ‘born’. The characters of the Plantae Kingdom are your typical Elves, their magic is theme-bound to a specific vegetal life form of the real world. Mineral Kingdom is exactly what it sounds, the characters from there are basically humans with exotic palettes of colors and their magic is related to a specific mineral. Last but not least, the Animae Kingdom they are basically humans fused with animals (or Gijinkas as some people call them). Now that’s all good but there’s a catch, you pick your Kingdom ‘Heritage’ and your character gets ‘born’ in it but you don’t get to choose the specific theme within the Kingdom since that’s just a random factor.

‘Royal Heritage’ it’s still random apparently, since the customization mirror is the same as it was four years ago. However, its way more powerful than ‘Peasant Heritage’ and have a less general pool of possibilities. For the Plantae Kingdom is Flowers, Mineral Kingdom has Precious Gems and the Animae Kingdom has Insects. Yes, that’s still general but any flower would be more glamorous and powerful than a potato, right? ”You can take this chance to reclaim your throne, you know? It’s rightfully yours!” Then you notice that you were mistaken earlier, there is one difference in the mirror… you can’t pick the other two kingdoms! Well, not that it matters, you do want to take back your crown anyway. ”Also, take this.” She moved your hands towards you and you heard the unique sound of your inventory updating, she gave you an item apparently. You can’t check it out now, since you aren’t supposed to have an inventory in the first place but it will probably be there when you start playing. After that it was just a matter of completing your ‘registration’ and customizing your new avatar’s appearance. You gave a tap on the ‘finish’ button with your index finger and everything went black on a swirl of purple polygons once more, you were now in the spawn point…

Again, something is weird. This is not your kingdom… or any kingdom, it has… neutral banners on the walls. Are you on Quarta? That’s… odd, the neutral land of Quarta it’s just a midpoint between kindgoms… the lore says that there was a fourth kingdom but it was annihilated on the territorial wars so the rulers chose to make it a mid-place to have negotiations or something. That’s what you read on some of the archives of your kingdom, truth is that here you can’t be killed so it’s kind of a safe zone. But why are you here? And you are not alone either… those other players, they have golden cursors above their heads, you have never seen that before… Oh! You have one too! That means… are you all from Royal Heritage? But that means…

What the hell happened today?

Hello there! Thank you for taking the time for reading my idea, I got inspired from a lot of sources but I finally decided on the setting I wanted for it. I’ll need 3 people showing interest before making the CS, Main and OOC threads but everyone is welcome to participate.

Dropping by to say that it's a cool idea. Reclaiming the throne and all that.
I shall keep tabs on this until more people show up~

Royalty? VRMMORPG? SIGN ME UP
I might attempt snag the royalty animae although I can't decide on a specific insect just yet. I really like the Queen Bee idea, but also butterfly animu waifu FCs...

Update: Duck it, I'm going mosquito! I already have a character idea in mind.

Last edited:
Hello. This is a very neat idea and I am very much interested in being a part of it. Royalty Mineral Jade/Alexandrite/Cinnabar.

Having a peasant heritage is fine with me too.

Hey hey man, I'm here to thrown my hat in. Animae Horned Dung Beetle peasant heritage. I'll have my popcorn ready to watch the royals reclaim their throne.

I mean, help them, yes.

Seems like an interesting twist on the vrmmo setting. I'd put in for Animae Fly or Mineral Hackmanite

Yoyoyo, I'm here to pop in and take that peasant heritage Animae Orca.

Edit: Whoops, I lied, I said beluga before.

Last edited:
I'm a bit intrugued.
Especially considering I actually did play a game like this once.
Though it was skill and equipment based and there were no lvls.
But i do have a question, will only the royals have their data wiped at the start of will it be everyone.

Last edited:
This sounds pretty unique for a rp, so I'll drop my interest card here as a mineral Onyx!😀
Actually I think I'm gonna go for either a Obsidian or Basalt Mineral.

Last edited:
Interested, a mineral pyrite with peasant heritage would be dope.

Last edited:
Aahh quick question, do you mean that flowers, insects and precious minerals are always of royal heritage or can they be of peasant heritage too?

Omg i think there's no better way to wake up that seeing yoir idea attracting so much people T-T thank you, everyone

I'm a bit intrugued.
Especially considering I actually did play a game like this once.
Though it was skill and equipment based and there were no lvls.
But i do have a question, will only the royals have their data wiped at the start of will it be everyone.

Only the royals, peasants are allowed to start as veterans to keep it balanced

AI10100 AI10100 all insects are royalty

Everyone Everyone there are going to be only 6 royals (two for each kingdom) and only 3 of those have the background specified in the plot. I'll explain it in full detail on the CS but anyway, to keep things fair for everyone the first 3 royalty spots are for the 3 first roleplayers to post their CS in full (No WIPs nor placeholders) and the other 3 are going to be decided by a dice. The rest are welcome to join as peasants (ok it doesn't sound pretty but they can be powerful and fun to play too! Also, Player Killing it's perfectly ok and there's ways for a peasant to become royal)

I'm going to make the threads, i'll put the links here after i'm finished

Omg i think there's no better way to wake up that seeing yoir idea attracting so much people T-T thank you, everyone

Only the royals, peasants are allowed to start as veterans to keep it balanced

AI10100 AI10100 all insects are royalty

Everyone Everyone there are going to be only 6 royals (two for each kingdom) and only 3 of those have the background specified in the plot. I'll explain it in full detail on the CS but anyway, to keep things fair for everyone the first 3 royalty spots are for the 3 first roleplayers to post their CS in full (No WIPs nor placeholders) and the other 3 are going to be decided by a dice. The rest are welcome to join as peasants (ok it doesn't sound pretty but they can be powerful and fun to play too! Also, Player Killing it's perfectly ok and there's ways for a peasant to become royal)

I'm going to make the threads, i'll put the links here after i'm finished
In a game like this, I would have no doubt that people would be using the sacred technique of having a alt if that is allowed?

Oh dang. Now I gotta join the battle for the throne...

Unless

Is there a possibility for the two royals of each kingdom to come together as allies, I wonder

So all flowering plants are royalty as well? Because:

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 4.24.25 PM.png

Sorry, don't mean to be uh nitpicky, but it doesn't leave much as possibility for the average Plantae peasant.

Edit: Nvm, I realized my argument was stupid bc insects are 80% of animals so ignore this post.

Last edited:

The CS thread is up, sorry for the delay! >.<

My inspiration for the concept comes from my childhood (i'm 19), as a child i was taught in school that in earth scientifically they existed 3 kingdoms. Those being Plants, Animals and Minerals

If this doesn't make sense i must also add that i'm from Venezuela (and not even my friends from here remember those lessons) so...

Anyway the first 3 royals are the ones doing the world building for their kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back