• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Three Kingdoms: Checkmate

maerow

Wanderer
EH, WHAT'S THIS ABOUT?
So, I have this medieval kingdom roleplay idea where basically the characters (no matter the class) try to rise in rank. This is still a pretty rough idea. Like I said, any class can rise in rank. For example, a peasant can become a king. While lineage does matter in this world, I thought it’d be fun to also include OTHER factors, such as:

Trial by combat (peasant somehow beats the king, king loses his title, peasant becomes king! they can also surrender or lose their position by dying during the trial)

Peasant then can do pretty much…anything. Within reason, but will definitely not be God-like. He (being king now) can rewrite laws for the kingdom. He can force a curfew. He can force men to wear ugly hats on Saturdays. He can force women to eat bread every day (mmm, bread). You get the picture. The idea is to TAKE YOUR TIME trying to rise to the top, if you so choose. Your character has the option of becoming all powerful or can stay where they are and just try to maintain the peace. Like a game of good chess, the rise of power shouldn't be rushed but rather well developed so we can have more plots to work with in the future! Violence and romance are fine, just follow RpN guidelines and try not to get banned. Subplots, of course, are strongly encouraged. Your one goal doesn’t just have to be to become King or Queen. Go crazy, have fun, think outside the box!

♟️
Ranks

HIGH Rank:

The highest rank will be the King and Queen

Other ranks can include; Prince, Princess, Knight, Advisor, Mage, General

The Mage will be the only person in the RP who can use magic

The General role has the ability to lead people into wars

As an Advisor, you have the intellectual ability to advise the King and Queen in courtly matters. Do with that what you will

LOW Rank:

Common people, for example, can be; peasants (that's gonna be me), merchants, servants, bards, etc.

Some can have small jobs within the court, like a maid or something. Or a maid, who’s secretly a spy/assassin? Dunno. Like I said, think outside the box!

credit to this site for role ideas
Location(s)

As for the setting, I didn’t have much in mind for this yet. But its medieval fantasy inspired. So, horses instead of cars. Ravens instead of cellphones, you get the idea. If it helps, picture a world like Game of Thrones or something. There are 3 kingdoms in total. We’ll call the main location the “Central Kingdom” since it’ll be in the middle of the west and east kingdoms. Most of the action will take place there. I think we can introduce the other kingdoms down the line or something?
Rules

-A SAMPLE POST will be required before being approved for the roleplay AS WELL AS getting your character approved by either me or (the co-GM that doesn’t exist yet) If you have trouble creating a character, you can refer to the almighty alignment system

-Length requirement: A few paragraphs (no one-liners) & rp should be written in third person

-Anime face claims encouraged, but realistic is fine too

-For any roleplay to be successful, I strongly encourage getting to know your fellow roleplayers in the OOC chat. This way, we can plot together and such while getting to know each other and building a nice, happy roleplay family. I’ll probably stop accepting members once I feel like there’s too many. I dunno what the cap should be yet

-If a member becomes inactive for an extended period of time, they will forfeit their title (even if they’re playing the king, for example) and I’ll give it to someone else who wants to join the roleplay. I may also just ask if someone wants to double up, we'll see

-Be nice and respect everyone

*I'll update this list as needed
looking for co-gm

Once chosen, this can include plotting, thinking of more roles within the kingdom(s), world building, just generally having a good time, etc. Please don’t give me all the power. You’ll regret it ;')

Users who are viewing this thread

Back