• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Threat of Power (Magic Academy RP) FULL

Siren77

Bored Ancient
Magic. A verbal construct used by mortals to generalize supernatural abilities given to those who were either blessed by that of gods to receive them, or those who went to any and every length to receive power of their own. Many a time has it been used as a catalyst in tales of good and evil, wrong and right, sin and righteousness, or something or other to that effect. However a lack of consistencies has made it impossible to determine wether or not this power is meant for good or evil. There’s no moral ground that it has resided on.

Take for example the Salem Witch Hunt that took place in the early days of America. Magic was blamed for all sorts of sin and evil intent, and those who were believed to be sinners were marked as witches. Thus in an attempt to discover if they truly were what society feared, innocent people were burned, drowned, hung, and tortured to death in a manner of inhuman and malicious ways.

An opposite of this would be the legends of the Wizard Merlin, who aided King Arthur through many perilous battles to keep the power of righteousness on top. And yet in these very same tales there came men and women alike who abused the power of magic for their own gain. So too was it that magic users were looked down upon, and even hunted out of fear for their obscure power. For it is in the normal behavior of the natural man, to fear the unnatural.

More examples come and go of magic often leaning toward evil, with those people deemed normal casting them out or hunting them down to erase a threat from their society. As is the case with Harry Potter, witches and wizards created their own invisible world to hide from the so called Muggles. While it is never directly stated, one can assume it is because they were at one time faced with the same perils of a Magic Hunt.

But our tale does not feature any wizards or witches. No, instead there exists sorcerers. Unlike their more common counterparts who rely on external sources to conjure their power, such as wands or spells, sorcerers’ ability festers in the form of an entity known as mana that resides inside of them. They pull from this source to use their own magic that stems from their very soul. It is an extension of them that cannot be snuffed out, save for it be in death. This kind of magic is even genetic, being passed down from generation to generation with families sharing the same magic ability. Sorcerers have been blessed to control the elements, and do with that power whatever they wish with their own free will. At least they were until, as it always happens, Fear set in.

Ancient history is unimportant for our story, but suffice it to say magic was once common and beloved by all, despite the unsurprising occurrences of some made power hungry bastard trying to take over the land. Until as usual, finally a mortal that did call himself and be known as king over the land of Imperium, took issue with the power. A powerful Void consumed his mind that tormented him with all sorts of evil false visions that did make him fear the sorcery. His mind was broken, and taken hold of by this unforeseen evil but only he knew of its existence.

For a time no one did see Gaes, the king, and all perceived him to be ill and bedridden. Finally he did clamber from his chambers, looking unhealthy and strange in every way. Terrible things did he utter, speaking in a volatile way about the magical individuals whom he deemed cursed. To his Kingdom he damned the sorcerers, telling his people that they are a vile plague that one day might rise up and wipe them out! As he spoke, the Void extended from his soul to those who heard him and it’s power over them spread like a disease. Infecting their minds with fear and unforeseen anger.

No sooner had this happened, did the King send his soldiers across the land to hunt down any and all who were found in possession of the gift of magic. Hundreds upon thousands were slaughtered, night after night was their innocent blood shed. The people aided this cause, and exposed any who tried to flee or hide. For the kingdom could not perceive the evil that it was to carry out, instead they thought themselves to be cleansing the earth of these vile people.

The gift of magic was on the verge of extinction. Many forms of the bending of nature were lost for time and all eternity to the Void. All that was left was the base six. Nothing but children and mere youth remained, innocent souls stripped of their families and loved ones left alone to suffer. By some miracle they had been spared by the Arch Elders, who had forseen these events long before they had come to pass. However while they failed at stopping this brutal genocide, they had managed to save and spare many of these young souls before they too could fall.

The Arch Elders were the speakers for the gods, and were instructed by the highest to construct a place for the few remaining sorcerers to hide. The youngest of children were cared for and nurtured until they began to feel the mana building inside of them, and once they did come of age they were to be sent off to harness their abilities. (Note: Coming of age isn’t necessarily a construct of time, but rather once their mana has reached its natural peak potential and then needs to be expanded by their practice in magic.) Without families to pass down the art of their magic, most of these youth had no clue what form of magic was to be their own. However once more, through prayer the Arch Elders did receive a revelation. The Chromin, a powerful artifact constructed from heaven, earth, and hell itself by the six Guardian Angels. With it, once a daring youth was to place their hand upon it, the Chromin would shimmer in all its crystal glory to match their manas’ power.

Once a potential sorcerer was revealed their power, they were given a blessing by one of the six Guardians to kickstart their journey to power.

With the glow of Red came the art of Fire, and those to receive this power would be blessed by Guardian Angel Ignius.

With the glow of Blue came the art of Ice, and those to receive this power would be blessed by Guardian Angel Glacies.

With the glow of Green came the art of Wind, and those to receive this power would be blessed by Guardian Angel Ventus.

With the glow of Purple came the art of Darkness, and those to receive this power would be blessed by Guardian Angel Ebris.

With the glow of Yellow came the art of Lightning, and those to receive this power would be blessed by Guardian Angel Fulgur.

With the glow of Orange came the art of Stone, and those to receive this power would be blessed by Guardian Angel Terrum.

All of these Magic’s are to be of the earth, but the power of the heaven is reserved only for the gods.

Our story will follow a group of new Sorcerers that recently came of age and are prepared to attend the Disce of Sorcery to expand and progress their abilities. There they will meet their destinies to be guided on their journey for power. They will voyage into a forest to be tested by celestial beasts, do battle in an arena to please their ever competitive guardians, and begin to unravel the truth as to why their people were exterminated. Keep your eyes open for hints and clues at all times, it might just save your life.

//Hello there! Thank you for taking the time to read my little story hear. I’m not looking for any specific number of people or amount of sorcerers for an element. So for now keep your choice of magic to yourself, and you can reveal it once our characters face the Chromin. For now if you have any questions or comments feel free to address them to me!

Last edited:
//Oh, yes, yes yes I haven't done magic RP in a while. Time to get back into shape. I'm interested ^^ Though I have only two question, do we need character sheet and are you a pro roaster, or a pro roaster? :lenny:

Last edited:
//Oh, yes, yes yes I haven't done magic RP in a while. Time to get back into shape. I'm interested ^^ Though I have only two question, do we need character sheet and are you a pro roaster, or a pro roaster? :lenny:
Character sheets will be used, but I’ll discuss that with all participants once things get rolling.

Both, I roast people and meat.

Character sheets will be used, but I’ll discuss that with all participants once things get rolling.

Both, I roast people and meat.

Oh nice
roast people in more way than one.

Well, I'm still interested ^^
just let me know when you have enough people

Glad to hear it! Thing is, I’m not sure how many is enough so I might need a little input on that xD
Flip a coin XD
but it is an Academy, but too much then you won't be able to keep everyone in line.
maybe 5-6?

Not sure what that’s is but you’ll have to show me sometime.
The internet doesn't have what I need
fair-and-lovely-works-every-time_c_7220055.jpg

Well I was hoping there’d be more people interested by the time I came online again, BUT I did get a dank meme instead so it all worked out.

I shall bump the thread so it stays afloat among the other new ones

Shitsureiishimasu

*bumps*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back