• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Thread Linking Question?

nighttimecatplayer

~Stay Purrfect!
Hello! I am currently hosting a large Roleplay that will have up to seven or eight threads. I noticed that RPNation's basic format only seems to support four threads, and does not allow you to edit their names. I have participated in previous Roleplays that had multiple threads linked with editable names. These different threads were highlighted blue. Does anyone have any idea how you do this? Thanks in advance!

Hello! I am currently hosting a large Roleplay that will have up to seven or eight threads. I noticed that RPNation's basic format only seems to support four threads, and does not allow you to edit their names. I have participated in previous Roleplays that had multiple threads linked with editable names. These different threads were highlighted blue. Does anyone have any idea how you do this? Thanks in advance!
If you use threadmarks, you can have all of them linked at the top in a tab style.
To do that, they must all be in the same category I think? (I remember having problems linking something in the extra pages together with the IC threads, had to get staff on the case ^^'), you add a threadmark to each thread, normally just the first post or something, just give it a name, then it should add a little arrow on top and say something like 'create index' then later 'add contents', that's how you link threads between themselves.

It will also at some point ask you to name the collection and I never set it to anything but 'imcomplete' just in case it locks something up.

Here's Fyuri's tutorial about them

Last edited:
If you use threadmarks, you can have all of them linked at the top in a tab style.
To do that, they must all be in the same category I think? (I remember having problems linking something in the extra pages together with the IC threads, had to get staff on the case ^^'), you add a threadmark to each thread, normally just the first post or something, just give it a name, then it should add a little arrow on top and say something like 'create index' then later 'add contents', that's how you link threads between themselves.

It will also at some point ask you to name the collection and I never set it to anything but 'imcomplete' just in case it locks something up.

Here's Fyuri's tutorial about them

Oh jeez, this opened up a mess of possibilities, I honestly have no idea what I'm doing with this or where to even go from here, I don't even think I performed the first step correctly. Its not letting me paste the picture of it so I can't show you what section I'm at sadly.

Oh jeez, this opened up a mess of possibilities, I honestly have no idea what I'm doing with this or where to even go from here, I don't even think I performed the first step correctly.
The tutorial has images soooo, I'd recommend following that one...
Adding a threadmark is really just, clicking at the pencil icon? And then just giving it a name and now boom it shows up in there
They can be used for fast-travel too, for example I have a private thread with post layouts, so I threadmarked then all travel through the index quick

But here we're just adding that there to avoid content linking issues

The tutorial has images soooo, I'd recommend following that one...
Adding a threadmark is really just, clicking at the pencil icon? And then just giving it a name and now boom it shows up in there
They can be used for fast-travel too, for example I have a private thread with post layouts, so I threadmarked then all travel through the index quick

But here we're just adding that there to avoid content linking issues

Oh, my apologizes! I didn't see that you included a link the first time, let me try following this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back