• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Thread feed on Discord server

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Okay, okay - hear me out on this one.

"But welian," I can hear the staff saying. "The main focus of the community is the forums. The chat is really just an afterthought. We've told you this already, you silly goose!"

But consider this: RPN has a bot that alerts people on Discord when they have a new private message here on the site. What if we also had a bot that posted in the RPN server whenever a new thread was posted? They're not too difficult to set up with RSS feeds.

"Welian, you know, that's not a bad idea, but there's no way to prevent people from abusing this bot by posting rule-breaking content. It would then get posted to the server before moderators have a chance to clean up. And with the quantity of threads made in a day, you know damn well we can't hold manually approve every new thread."

Alright so that's really the reason I guess why this wouldn't work, but... I wanted to throw the idea out for consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back