Murdergurl

will turn your insides into your outsides
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• △ Use the TABS △

In another world, in a time forgotten to myth and legend, a dark tyrant has risen to power. Lord Ingarhaad has taken domain across the realm of Maelgor, spreading his influence like a growing shadow. The sorcerer has done this in part by delving into the dark arcana, forbidden magic that is as dangerous as it is corrupt. Also in his possession is an artifact that grants Ingarhaad unwavering command over the monstrous races of the world. It is kept well-guarded within the walls of his fortress, a grim keep settled high atop the jagged crags of the Fernalis Badlands.

This artifact is known as the Goblyn Heart.

goblyn heart.png

Ogres, Trolls, Imps, and all manner of fiendish races make up the bulk of Lord Ingarhaad's growing army. The loyalty of these creatures is unwavering, held fast by the power of the Goblyn Heart. Where the ranks of Ingarhaad's armies are not filled by monsters, they are comprised of the shambling undead. The Southern Wastes are all but claimed by Ingarhaad's forces. The surrounding regions have recently begun to send in their troops and heroes to combat the evil sorcerer. Foul necromancy reanimates those fallen in battle against the monstrous horde, only adding the dead warriors to its number. Ingarhaad's influence spreads like a slow pestilence across the land, creeping West and North. Expeditions are often sent South, but the Red Basin had proven too inhospitable even for the Dark Lord's minions. Word has reached the great city of Marhawk, the seat of the Imperial presence on Maelgor. Now, trained regiments of hardened soldiers are being sent out of Marhawk to bolster the far reaching outposts and deal with the Dark Lord's army of abominations.

Meanwhile, Ingarhaad has dispatched special troupes of his minions. They have been tasked with seeking out the true aim of their master's campaign. These troupes are called the Disinters, and they seek out five ancient Demon Gates that are hidden across the realm. Ingarhaad has already procured one, and it is the source of his seemingly endless pool of magic. The sorcerer aspires to find and activate them all, taking from the gates enough power so as to become god-like. His creatures scour the land, delving into every cavern and traversing every ruin in search of the Demon Gates. The Disinters have begun to sack and burn unguarded village communities in the course of their search. The residents are tortured for information, killed for meat, or taken as slaves. Marhawk officials have sent their own parties of their finest warriors and wizards to deter and intercept the villainous Disinters in their mission.

Last edited:
Ah goodness I'm so nervous
Don't be. It's not like I have some ridiculously high bar set for everyone. Tbh, a lot of it is just to weed out who will actually put forth some effort. If peeps aren't willing to submit a writing sample, what kind of effort can I expect from them during the course of the RP? :-)

It's not that I'm not willing to submit a writing sample I'm just nervous that it's not good enough

It's not that I'm not willing to submit a writing sample I'm just nervous that it's not good enough
I wasn't inferring that you weren't willing to. sorry if it came off that way. I was just stating the reasons why I ask for one. Anyways, don't fret too much about it. You don't even have to type up something new. You can take an abstract entry from something you've written in the past. If you think it is a good example of how you write, you can totes use that for a writing sample.

Would races such as Tieflings be allowed? If so, would they be different than DnD inspired ones?

Would races such as Tieflings be allowed? If so, would they be different than DnD inspired ones?
I'm generally trying to stay away from D&D stylization. But in all respects, a Tiefling aesthetic could be seen as an Imp w/out wings. That would also lend to an infernal lineage. We could say that imps here are like a lesser-lesser Demon (minor Demon?).
I know I have a rule against being a Demon. But if you are okay with being maybe the aberrant half-breed of an imp coupling with a Human, I could totally include a character like that. Mostly, I was disallowing infernal/Demonic characters because:
A) They tend to fly
B) They are immortal, and
C) They can get very OP with their abilities

So as a Half-imp, you would be mortal, have no wings, and have a very limited grip on otherwise Demonic abilities. But you could still sport the red skin, horns, tail, and... I forgot if Tieflings have hooves or not. But you get the idea.

How's that work out for ya?

I will keep an eye on the progression of this roleplay. Should I feel adequately inspired, I may participate. But for now, it is on 'watch.'

Thanks for the interest. Lemme know if you have any questions about the setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back