• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Thousand Year Reich: The Darkest Hour

Hypnos

L'Empereur
1521498641863.png
'Following the German invasion of Poland in September of 1939, the United Kingdom and the French Republic officially declared war upon the German Reich, finally ending the disastrous policy of appeasement which had only served to delay the inevitable: Europe was at war once again. The British Expeditionary Force was sent across the channel to protect their French allies, however they could do little to prevent the German advance through the low countries, with Belgium and the Netherlands quickly falling to the Nazi war machine. By May of 1940, the German Panzer divisions had the British forces on the ropes, pushing the BEF and their French compatriots all the way back to the English Channel. The allies were trapped and the BEF, along with the remainder of the Belgian army and three French field armies found themselves alone with very few options. Commander of the BEF: General Viscount Gort saw evacuation across the channel as the only course of action and began planning to withdraw all forces to Dunkirk. A miracle would be needed to save them, and unfortunately a miracle never came.
The Battle of Dunkirk is considered to be one of the bloodiest battles in modern history: rivalling even the Battle of the Somme, with hundreds of thousands of allied soldiers being mowed down by the German Panzer divisions. Meanwhile, the battle at sea was just as disastrous. The German Luftwaffe used the evacuation attempt as an opportunity to put a dent in the power of the formerly unconquerable Royal Navy, leading to the loss of dozen of British ships and their crews. This one battle completely destroyed the allied resolve and opened their eyes to the harsh reality of war.
In June, France unconditionally surrendered to the German forces, unable to defend herself now that her armies had been destroyed. Meanwhile in Britain, Prime Minister Winston Churchill faced heavy backlash for the failure of Dunkirk and was forced to resign from his position. His replacement: Edward Wood, the Earl of Halifax saw no alternative but to follow the French example and sue for peace, withdrawing all British forces back to the home isle in fear of an invasion. Britain, weakened and humiliated, was unable to resist when Germany and Italy forcefully seized all of her overseas possessions, and by the beginning of 1941, the sun had finally set upon the British Empire.
German militarism did not stop in Western Europe. Following the great victory against the French and British, Fuhrer Adolf Hitler wasted little time in turning his gaze eastward. Though officially Germany and the Soviet Union had entered a pact of non aggression in 1939, it was no secret that Hitler had no love for the Communists, and Stalin would find that a few empty words and ink on paper would not be enough to save him from the wrath of the Reich. Operation Barbarossa was launched in 1941 and with nothing else to occupy his armies, Hitler was able to effortlessly drive into the heart of the Soviet Union, seizing major cities and forcing the Soviets back to the Urals. By 1943 the Soviets had no choice but to sign a humiliating peace, seceding all lands west of the Urals to the German Reich and making them little more than a ghost of their former selves.

With the help of their European allies, Japan was easily able to dominate all of east Asia, carving themselves up a mighty empire, though lurking across the Pacific, the mighty American behemoth still slumbers, awaiting provocation. The United States remained neutral during the war, a harsh economic disaster and the assassination of their President Franklin Roosevelt leaving them unable to intervene, however, times are changing, and with a new election upon the horizon it is doubtful that America will continue to remain inactive.'

The year is 1948, five years since the German Reich stormed across the European continent and carved their own place in the sun. Though Germany has thus far managed to maintain control over Europe, cracks are beginning to appear in the Reich and constant rebellions and unruly puppets and allies are beginning to become bigger problems than Germany has the power to deal with. Though Fuhrer Adolf Hitler is able to use fear to keep his subordinates in line, his time upon this earth is running out. In the later stages of 1947 the Fuhrer was diagnosed with terminal cancer and was given only a few more months to live, factionalism has begun to form in the Reich as many of Hitler’s subordinates seek to claim power for themselves. Meanwhile the American lion is beginning to awaken and the elections of 1948 promise to bring a new age to the country, perhaps the champion of democracy will rise once more. Europe is on the verge of war, as former allies begin to find their ambitions opposed, and those who were once but a footnote in history are beginning to think of themselves as more than just satellites and puppets.Japan is also there.

RULES
1) No Metagaming: Only use knowledge that your nation would know in character.
2) Please Read up on the lore and try and stay true to your nation.
3) Keep advancement to a reasonable level. This includes technology, military and industry.
4) Listen to the GMs: Hypnos and Bradley. We’re all people, if we get things wrong please tell us. But at the same time, try to keep things civil.
5) No powergaming: We’re all here to play a game. Try and emphasise fun over trying to win.
6) No sensationalising: Don’t exaggerate your nation’s power level.
7) It is preferable that you use real historical figures for your nations where applicable

THE GERMAN REICH
For anyone who wants to play as the German Reich, hold your horses, because in this RP there are special rules. Obviously as the centre of the RP and as the dominant world superpower Germany is very important, and with Hitler about to die, now is a very important time for the Reich, as such instead of playing Germany as a whole, players looking to play Germany will instead start as high ranking Nazi officials and their factions. They will be able to act within their power to affect the German Reich and it’s actions, and then, upon the death of Hitler, it will be up to them to decide who the next Fuhrer will be, either peacefully or otherwise.
Claimable German Officials:
  • Reichsführer-SS Reinhard Heydrich - Braddington Braddington
  • Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring
  • Deputy Fuhrer Martin Bormann
NOTABLE NATIONS*
AXIS POWERS
German Sphere

The German Reich
Ordensstaat Burgund
Ordensstaat Bretagne
Slovak Republic
The General Government
Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia
Protectorate of Denmark
Reichskommissariat Ostland
Reichskommissariat Ukraine
Reichskommissariat Moskowien
Reichskommissariat Kaukasus
Reichskommissariat Turkestan
Reichskommissariat Norwegen
Reichskommissariat Niederlande
Reichskommissariat Normandie
Italian Sphere
The Kingdom of Italy
The Albanian Kingdom
Independent State of Croatia
The Hellenic State
The Kingdom of Montenegro
The Kingdom of Serbia
Japanese Sphere
The Empire of Japan
Kingdom of Thailand
State of Burma
Free State of India
Reorganised Nationalist China
The State of Mengjiang
Other States
Tsardom of Bulgaria
Kingdom of Romania
Kingdom of Hungary
Republic of Finland
Kingdom of Spain
The French State

THE ALLIES
The United States of America
The United Kingdom
The Dominion of Canada
The Union of South Africa
The Dominion of Australasia

MISC
The USSR
Kingdom of Sweden
Brazil
Argentina
Republic of Portugal

*Not representative of all claimable states, just the interesting ones

RESERVED COUNTRIES:
Republic of Turkey - High Moon High Moon
United States of America - TheFool TheFool
Empire of Japan - Pat Pat
Kingdom of Italy - TheAncientCelt TheAncientCelt
Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia - Leusis Leusis
United Kingdom - Master Hand Master Hand
The French State - Hypnos Hypnos

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SCENARIO, DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK Braddington Braddington

HERE IS OUR DISCORD

Last edited:
Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia seems like an appropriately small nation for me to turn into an empire.

Britannia rules the waves! ...If you'd allow me at the helm, that is.

Also could we have a second copy of the map and, at least in Europe, have the nations/puppets labeled for quick reference? This would also be good because later on border changes/revolutions/etc. would also be easier to keep track of.

Also could we have a second copy of the map and, at least in Europe, have the nations/puppets labeled for quick reference? This would also be good because later on border changes/revolutions/etc. would also be easier to keep track of.
I second this. Get to work Hypnos Hypnos

*Eyes Australia and Switzerland in a contemplative manner*
You could always play as the greatest country in the world: The Tsardom of Bulgaria

I got ya. Welcome aboard
1521567208578.png

You could always play as the greatest country in the world: The Tsardom of Bulgaria

I got ya. Welcome aboard
View attachment 414970

Nay, if I join it would be one of the most stable countries in the last century or one where I may unleash bioweaponized terror upon the world, stuff of which will haunt your nightmares and make lovecraft crap himself : P

(I see that Switzerland no longer exists, you monster)

Nay, if I join it would be one of the most stable countries in the last century or one where I may unleash bioweaponized terror upon the world, stuff of which will haunt your nightmares and make lovecraft crap himself : P

(I see that Switzerland no longer exists, you monster)
You could take Finland or Sweden, who have both been chilling in the north, helping the Nazis but doing their own things. Or Portugal, under everyone's favourite dictator Antonio Salazar.

It wasn't my fault, Hitler was hungry for gold.

You could take Finland or Sweden, who have both been chilling in the north, helping the Nazis but doing their own things. Or Portugal, under everyone's favourite dictator Antonio Salazar.

It wasn't my fault, Hitler was hungry for gold.

Nay, if I join there is only one choice now. To make the world pay for the fall of Switzerland, a tide of bioweaponized terror to drown it into oblivion. Prepare yourselves to the abominations that is everyday life in Australia.

If.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back