• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Thorn Unbound (A Mecha Academy interest check)

Lordxana0

"It has been two centuries since the Black Arms Empire overthrew the Galactic Alliance. Despite greater numbers the technological difference between the G.A.'s Battle Mecha suits and the Empire's biomechanical 'Thorns' proved too great to match, with each Thorn being considered an army of one, multiple worlds fell in quick succession as the Immortal Emperor Vax Malachi gave only two offers, complete surrender or death. Now all that remains of the Galactic Alliance are small terrorist cells desperately trying to work in the shadows to bringing back a more free and just system of governance."

Two hundred years the entire Volcarian system has languished under the iron fist of the Black Arms Empire, with any resistance being destroyed by the Thorns, advanced machineoid lifeforms whose pilots are genetically bound to their machines. With unmatched specs they carved a path of utter destruction on whatever battlefield they appeared over.

So long as the Black Arms have sole ownership of the Thorns any chance of regaining any form of freedom in this area of space is utterly impossible. But that is where you come in. Years of planning have gone into sneaking in the best and brightest the resistance can muster onto the academy planet of Seminar, where the Empire trains the next generation of Thorn pilots to carry out its whims upon the galaxy. Your mission, should you accept it, will be to infiltrate the academy, master the Thorn, and act as the eyes on the inside of the planet until such a time that we can finally strike back.

Its all in your hands, the very fate of freedom in this galaxy. Good luck.

)))))|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Welcome to Thorns Unbound, a twist on the 'Academy' style of game where players will take on the roles of future mecha pilots for the galaxy spanning Black Arms Empire, at least on the surface. However underneath that surface layer players must group together to subvert the goals the Academy has for them and look for openings to fight back against the tyranny they would be forced to bring unto others.

So I'm sure you're asking, what is a Thorn and what makes it different from your run of the mill mecha? Well two things.

First, each Thorn is utterly unique and only can be controlled by a single person. A drop of blood is taken from the pilot to be and input into a specalized 'Rose Chamber'. From there the Thorn is fused with the genetics of its pilot, and when the chamber opens a machine specifically suited to them will be born.

Secondly, each Thorn has a built in AI known as a Blossom, which can detach from the larger body of the Thorn and follow around its pilot in their day to day life, learning and growing from their experiences to create a more perfect fusion between pilot and machine.

Third and finally, they are advanced beyond belief, each Thorn is considered a 'one man army', and the weapons and technology that are equipped to them show that. But even more terrifying is that Thorns evolve over time, through either experience or sheer need new weapons and forms can shift the entire paradigm of the machineoid lifeform.

Last edited:
Is it possible to be a Empire Loyalist? Or anything?

Is it possible to be a Empire Loyalist? Or anything?
I would rather avoid having players taking on the role of Empire Loyalists as it would increase player vs player interactions and I forsee a number of disagreements coming from it.

And I'm glad to see this idea has gotten so much interest! I'll get a character sheet page made for this later today.

Okay party people, for all those interested I've created a character sheet page and an OOC page where players are encouraged to ask questions if needed and of course get their characters posted. Main thread will be created once we have a total of four character, through there is room for at max eight total.

I'm interested, but what sort of aesthetic are we going for? Like, modern mecha anime stuff, or classic super-robot anime stuff?

Okay party people, for all those interested I've created a character sheet page and an OOC page where players are encouraged to ask questions if needed and of course get their characters posted. Main thread will be created once we have a total of four character, through there is room for at max eight total.

So, this is limited to only 8 players right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back