• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

TerrorKitty

◢ Kitty ◤
Helper
Supporter

• moment's silence

"The world was ours, yet never within our grasp.
    No matter how it ends..

This is a story we wrote together"

♡design by low fidelity, coded by uxie♡

Candle Cape is one of those sleepy towns trapped between a vast sea and an endless forest expanse. A place where people go to get away from the rest of the world, without truly abandoning it. A classical mix of wealthy upper class who work their days in the port city just under an hour away, who'd rather retreat back to the peace of Candle Cape for a scenic and quite afternoon, and those who barely hold a penny to their name yet make every scrap of coin count to live their lives to the fullest with what they have.

Looking out towards the rocky water it would be impossible to miss the sole light house, dubbed "The Wicker" sitting out on the edge of a land bridge heavily worn by the onslaught of the sea. If you made the somewhat perilous trek to the structure you would find the kind old caretaker of this somewhat still functional landmark, who'd offer you some bitter tea and question why the kids keep asking him to say "No, not the bees." While a bit further in land you could have a run in with the Town Mayor, a woman who seems too busy for such a calm community~ Until recently. A forest fire had been creeping across the state towards the town for the last three weeks, but there's no way it would get all the way to Candle Cape, it would be too ironic. She's also dealing with the recent death of a youth in the town, both as an government official and as a close family friend. When she's not working away at paper work at town hall, she's often visiting local bar in which one could challenge and fail to out drink the Mayor, a feat few have managed. It's even a major part of her rather popular re-election campaign.

What about you? Where does your story fit in Candle Cape? Are you here to escape the city? Or simply one part of a long generational line and the town is all you've ever known. Enchanted by the community garden project, or wooed the soothing sea air which called to you from across the world. No matter what you came from, your background, or your future. One thing is true about all of the people who come to Candle Cape.

We're Writing This Story Together.

So the RP if you couldn't guess is centered around the inhabitants of Candle Cape Oregon, starting in early August and running out the last summer days until fall swings in with school and new series of events for the inhabitants to roll through. The RP will progress through scheduled time skips and events, if enough are school age there will be school events as well after summer ends. The targeted age range of characters is 17 - 21 but that's more a guide than a rule. Child and adult main characters, definitely add depth, also there's no limit to how many or what kind of characters you can make, and side characters to fill the town's roles are encouraged. There's NO post length requirement, but I would say 500 word minimum would be your target.

OOC will be on Discord and only after your first character is confirmed will you be invited. There is where discussion about the RP, smaller scale character interactions, and plotting will be held.
I will note,, while it's not required to use code for your CS and IC, I do very much love them, but a pretty CS is nothing without a good character, so it's not a must. I will also link to some BBcode resources for those who'd like them.

The opening event. A body has been discovered!

Well more accurately, it washed up on the beach on August 8th, the night of a large annual summer youth party held by the Mayor and joint welcome home/birthday party for Piyeone Songenji.

The Mayor happens to be good friends with Piyeone's aunts who are rather wealthy and successful businesses women. The couple was more than happy to host the party for the town while also giving their niece a chance to meet those her own age after returning from a private school she had lived at most of her life.

The party will have all the current main characters attending as a way to get them to meet if they haven't before or just to show the connections between old friends.

The Haymarket Fire, a large forest fire which had been burning to the east of the town miles miles away, but has been creeping itself towards the coast. The fire won't actually reach the town but the effects of having it nearby will affect the environment as well as sparking discussions and concerns. The characters don't know when or where it will end.

< Character Sheets

Last edited:
Is discord required? This looks so good, but I don't have discord
It's not required technically, but most of, if not all OOC will be on Discord, plus some other fun things. Discord can be used on both PC and Mobile so it makes it easier stay in touch on the go especially for people with busier schedules

I know, but I have a personal issue with discord, and am trying to stay away from it for a bit. But since it is not required I will totally join

Is it too late to join, has it started? I'd love to, but would also like to refrain from using discord! As I am new to this website, I'd like to know what I should do to join, please :)

Is it too late to join, has it started? I'd love to, but would also like to refrain from using discord! As I am new to this website, I'd like to know what I should do to join, please :)
Not even close to starting ^^ I only just put it up. All you need is a character sheet on the CS page and I'll eventually put up the IC page when enough confirmed players are ready

• moment's silence

"The world was ours, yet never within our grasp.
    No matter how it ends..

This is a story we wrote together"

♡design by low fidelity, coded by uxie♡

Candle Cape is one of those sleepy towns trapped between a vast sea and an endless forest expanse. A place where people go to get away from the rest of the world, without truly abandoning it. A classical mix of wealthy upper class who work their days in the port city just under an hour away, who'd rather retreat back to the peace of Candle Cape for a scenic and quite afternoon, and those who barely hold a penny to their name yet make every scrap of coin count to live their lives to the fullest with what they have.

Looking out towards the rocky water it would be impossible to miss the sole light house, dubbed "The Wicker" sitting out on the edge of a land bridge heavily worn by the onslaught of the sea. If you made the somewhat perilous trek to the structure you would find the kind old caretaker of this somewhat still functional landmark, who'd offer you some bitter tea and question why the kids keep asking him to say "No, not the bees." While a bit further in land you could have a run in with the Town Mayor, a woman who seems too busy for such a calm community~ Until recently. A forest fire had been creeping across the state towards the town for the last three weeks, but there's no way it would get all the way to Candle Cape, it would be too ironic. She's also dealing with the recent death of a youth in the town, both as an government official and as a close family friend. When she's not working away at paper work at town hall, she's often visiting local bar in which one could challenge and fail to out drink the Mayor, a feat few have managed. It's even a major part of her rather popular re-election campaign.

What about you? Where does your story fit in Candle Cape? Are you here to escape the city? Or simply one part of a long generational line and the town is all you've ever known. Enchanted by the community garden project, or wooed the soothing sea air which called to you from across the world. No matter what you came from, your background, or your future. One thing is true about all of the people who come to Candle Cape.

We're Writing This Story Together.

So the RP if you couldn't guess is centered around the inhabitants of Candle Cape Oregon, starting in early August and running out the last summer days until fall swings in with school and new series of events for the inhabitants to roll through. The RP will progress through scheduled time skips and events, if enough are school age there will be school events as well after summer ends. The targeted age range of characters is 17 - 21 but that's more a guide than a rule. Child and adult main characters, definitely add depth, also there's no limit to how many or what kind of characters you can make, and side characters to fill the town's roles are encouraged. There's NO post length requirement, but I would say 500 word minimum would be your target.

OOC will be on Discord and only after your first character is confirmed will you be invited. There is where discussion about the RP, smaller scale character interactions, and plotting will be held.
I will note,, while it's not required to use code for your CS and IC, I do very much love them, but a pretty CS is nothing without a good character, so it's not a must. I will also link to some BBcode resources for those who'd like them.

The opening event. A body has been discovered!

Well more accurately, it washed up on the beach on August 8th, the night of a large annual summer youth party held by the Mayor and joint welcome home/birthday party for Piyeone Songenji.

The Mayor happens to be good friends with Piyeone's aunts who are rather wealthy and successful businesses women. The couple was more than happy to host the party for the town while also giving their niece a chance to meet those her own age after returning from a private school she had lived at most of her life.

The party will have all the current main characters attending as a way to get them to meet if they haven't before or just to show the connections between old friends.

The Haymarket Fire, a large forest fire which had been burning to the east of the town miles miles away, but has been creeping itself towards the coast. The fire won't actually reach the town but the effects of having it nearby will affect the environment as well as sparking discussions and concerns. The characters don't know when or where it will end.

I want this so much-----
And yet I don't have Discord atm, and have no access to it-----
Also that post range is about as long as the pages in the book I'm writing---
Well, 'pages'. More like sections if you ask me. But uh yeah I hope it goes well!
I kinda wanna be in on it but even though it's my style, its just a little much for me~
Have a good day :3

I want this so much-----
And yet I don't have Discord atm, and have no access to it-----
Also that post range is about as long as the pages in the book I'm writing---
Well, 'pages'. More like sections if you ask me. But uh yeah I hope it goes well!
I kinda wanna be in on it but even though it's my style, its just a little much for me~
Have a good day :3
I understand that. The RP will remain open as long as it's running so never feel afraid to pop in even if you just want to read along

I am interested, but I am wondering--if it's a school thing but the characters should be mainly 17-21, is there a college?

I am interested, but I am wondering--if it's a school thing but the characters should be mainly 17-21, is there a college?
There's no college in town but there is a community college in the next city over. The age range is more of a suggestion than a rule.

There's definitely a highschool and it will have it's own events and if enough people are in school there it will make sense for some characters to be in school, but it's going to follow the characters themselves rather than any specific setting

Color me interested. :33: I don't know how to use codes for my CS though (haven't been on this site for awhile) so if you could link me to some BBcode resources, that would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back