• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy This is the Story of your People | Bronze-age/Mythic Fantasy

NovaAres

Lorespeaker
This is Your World

LX7nt8z.jpg

Covered by the dome of stars and sun, surrounded by the endless sea and upheld by the bowl of the underworld, this is Glorantha, But, you live far away from these places, in the middle world, where the nations and lands of mortals live upon the earth and seas. Your people's home is Esrolia, bounded by volcanic Calandraland to the south, the blue waters of the Mirrorsea Bay to the east, the high reaches of the Shadow Plateau to the north and the elven Arstola Forest to the west. It is a land of clans and cities, where elected queens rule city states, the greatest of which is Notchet, the queen of cities and the city of queens, the home of your people, a clan of Esrolians, where you are about to come of age.

So what is this all about?

This is a long-term fantasy RP for four to six players. The intention is that you will be playing the children of a clan within the city of Notchet, just come to adulthood. Now, this setting is not mine, but you need know nothing of it. You will learn it and experience it as your characters do, your ignorance reflecting their own. The world is a big place outside your clan's compound and you may well become a great hero who will change it's face forever. Or maybe you will just be another face among the thousands, although a life well lived in a dangerous and ever-changing world is it's own sort of heroism. Either way, I will be more or less GMing the story of your characters in this world.

Interested?

Our discord is now open for any who want to join, or anyone who are just interested in learning more: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Last edited:
I am extremely interested. Extremely.
I just have a couple questions.
Will there be a plot that we will follow? Loose or strict. Doesn't matter.
What are the mechanics of the rp?
The setting is grand. Beautiful. But surely that's not all you have going for the rp.

There is a plot, sort of. The world is moving on while you exist and the situation in Esrolia and it's neighbors is changing whether you decide to have a part in it or not. So, I suppose that qualifies as "loose?"

Mechanically the RP will begin with a session of voting on answers that will determine the ancestry and current state of the clan/house you were born into. Afterwards, I am leaning against using dice, though character sheets will be a must.

There is a plot, sort of. The world is moving on while you exist and the situation in Esrolia and it's neighbors is changing whether you decide to have a part in it or not. So, I suppose that qualifies as "loose?"

Mechanically the RP will begin with a session of voting on answers that will determine the ancestry and current state of the clan/house you were born into. Afterwards, I am leaning against using dice, though character sheets will be a must.
Interesting...
Then I am in.
You know- I actually have my own concept of an rp I've been wanting to do for a while. And your rp world is so similar to it. Yet with major differences.
I just thought that was a cool coincidence, and that may be the root of my interest! Either way, I'm looking forward to this and what you have planned!

Glad to have you onboard! And also, I'm always up for answering questions.

I think I'll make a discord for this when there's enough in for it.

I'll definitely be joining this! Love the idea of a bronze age settings combined with a coming of age fantasy. Put me down!!!! ;D

So, I've started the discord now. It'll be for discussion and question-answering before we start. If anyone wants to join, just ask me, either here or by PM!

man I love this concept?? this is so unusual & I'm def interested if there's still room to join o:

Sounds awesome! I may be interested :) Will definitely keep tabs on this

Okay, so the initial part of the RP, which will take a form similar to a quest to show the history of the clan/house will start on monday. People are still very much encouraged to join, as the rp will be open to new players through that and possibly even after. Or, you can just come onto the discord if you're interested in knowing more.

Just here to say that tomorrow, the game proper will begin, barring exceptional circumstances, so it's the last call to join before that. You can join after, of course, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back