• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Faerrin

~Daughter of God and Satan~

Name, Age:
Evelynn "Eve" Quinn, 24

Vault Number | Highest Traits:
Vault 111 (Sole Survivor) | Intelligence, Charisma

Weapons and Armor:
2076 World Series Baseball Bat, Laser Musket, [x2] .44 pistols, Reba, Fat Man [x2 Mini-Nukes], Molotov Cocktails; Gunner flannel shirt and jeans, DC Guard Armor [Full Set]
Current Mission(s):
Unlikely Valentine
21845887768_851b85ac0e_b.jpg
Available Perks:
-(Strength): Iron Fist, Big Leagues, Armorer
-(Perception): Pickpocket, Rifleman, Awareness [Rank 1]
-(Endurance): Toughness, Lead Belly, Life Giver, Chem Resistant
-(Charisma): Cap Collector, Black Widow [Rank 1], Lone Wanderer, Attack Dog, Animal Friend, Local Leader
-(Intelligence): Vans, Medic [Rank 1], Gun Nut, Hacker [Rank 1], Scrapper, Science [Rank 1]
-(Agility): Gunslinger, Commando, Sneak, Mister Sandman
-(Luck): Fortune Finder, Scrounger

[Park Street Station/Vault 114, Commonwealth]
Mood: Anxious, Exhausted, Hopeful

Evelynn was instructed to go to Diamond City, where the Valentine Detective Agency resided. There, she would find a willing Nick Valentine to help with her search for her baby nephew. Or so she thought. Upon arrival, she actually found one distraught Ellie Perkins. The secretary said that he disappeared working on a case, and was last seen at Park Street Station. It was close to Goodneighbor, so she checked her Pip-Boy and indeed it was. The marker wasn't too far out from the town, but it looked like it was located just outside the Combat Zone. She sighed. It was going to be a long day.

On her way, she discovered the base of her favorite comic book publisher: Hubris Comics. She was itching to go inside but reluctantly left it behind. It brought back memories from before the bomb...​

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eve carried the baby into the kitchen as soon as she heard her sister step out of the bathroom. Shaun cooed when he saw his mom. "There's our little alarm clock!" She smiled at the both of them. "Aren't you excited for Halloween? This'll be his first, so I'm more than thrilled! I know you said you're keeping the costume a secret, but I'm still dying to know."

She looked over at the Grognak comic on the counter. Codsworth poured her a cup of coffee as she eyed it. "Would you kill me if I said I went for 'Bat Baby'? I figured Nate could go as Grognak or Silver Shroud, and you could go as the Mistress of Mystery. Because I'm a sucker for The Unstoppable comics. And comics in general." She picked up her cup and sipped some. Shaun tried grabbing for it. Instead, she set it down and dipped her pinky finger in it. He eagerly stuck it in his mouth. His face soured instantly. Nate had just wandered in, so everyone was laughing now. "See? Not good. For adults, not babies."

Nora shook her head, an amused smile on her face. "I'm glad you have the time for the baby and these costumes. I know you're busy with school and such."

"Really, it's not a big deal. It gives me a break from schoolwork. I'm just happy you let me stay here during all this." She gestured to the box TV set as the morning new announcer droned on about the war.
"Of course, dear!" Nora patted her son's head. "It's really no problem. I'm so proud of you, wanting to be a veterinarian! I know it was hard for you, choosing not to be a doctor. But the war seems to be doing fine without two of my favorite people involved."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

She sighed. It reinstilled the need to rescue Nick. That baby had to be out there somewhere. 'This detective is going to help me do exactly that,' she thought.

"Are you alright, miss?"

She looked up at Codsworth, almost forgetting that he was there. "Uh, y-yeah. Yeah. Just thinking about that day."

He whirred, unsure of what to say. "Ah, yes. Well, at least you all survived!"

"That part at least, sure," she mumbled.

A few enemies later, Evelynn reached Swan's Pond. An eerie, irradiated puddle-ridden place, but it had been beautiful before the bombs fell. There were a few notable items, especially one of the Grognak issues. She had spotted something in the seating of the white swan boat. When she got too close, however, a behemoth Suoer Mutant emerged from the lake. "Oh shit! That's a big nope, that's a big nope!"

They somehow managed to outrun it and hide again. After a little bit "Swan" finally returned to the water. "Holy fuck, that was completely unexpected."

Codsworth whirred loudly at her swearing, such things irritated him. But he was slowly getting used to it. At least he wasn't chastising her about it anymore. "I agree. Let's hope that was the worst of it."

There was a Nuka-Cola machine outside of the station, so she decided to check it. There was still one in there. It was old, uncarbonated, and warm; but she couldn't afford to be picky anymore.

Inside the station, it definitely was not the worst of it. She was glad that Codsworth and his nifty flamethrower were there. The brand wasn't called "Mr. Handy" for nothing, after all. But she nearly died several times, and even had to use the Fat Man once (which she hated doing, but it was useful).

It was a while before she even reached Vault 114, plugging in the cord to open it. She was exhausted. Inside sneaking around, she was shocked and appalled to hear that this was a Vault not even planned to be used. Another long while and she was finally able to locate where Valentine was. He was guarded by a tough lackey named Dino, but Codsworth made taking him down easier. When he went down, she got to work on the terminal immediately. It wasn't very hard to override. The door was almost instantly open. And inside, the detective. A worn and rugged synth. 'This must be Nick,' she thought.​

OOC: Sorry it took so long, had to get the coding down! ^^

"How you doing in there, Valentine? Feeling hungry? Want a snack?"
"Keep Talking, meathead. It'll give Skinny Malone more time to think about how he's going to bump you off."
"Don't give me that crap, Valentine. You know nothing, you got nothing."
"Really? I saw him writing your name down in that black book of his. 'Lousy, cheating card shark' I think were his exact words. Then he struck the name across, three times."
"Three strikes? In the black book? But I never...oh no...I gotta smooth this over! Fast!

Nick stood in the overseer's office as Dino ran out, overhearing the triggerman's violent death. Looking through the porthole from where he was standing, Valentine soon caught sight of the sole survivor. Dressed up like a Diamond City Guard, with what seemed to be gunner clothes underneath; Lady looked like a soldier.

"Hey, you. I don't know who you are, but we got three minutes before they realize muscles-for-brains ain't coming back. Get this door open." The Synth echoed out. As he saw her walk over to the terminal, he gave her some helpful advice. "You gotta hack the terminal to open this door."

With the door opened, Nick came face to face with his rescuer, reaching his synth hand to grab a cigarette.

"Gotta love the irony of the reverse damsel-in-distress scenario. Question is, why did our heroine risk life and limb for an old private eye?"

Name, Age:
Evelynn "Eve" Quinn, 24

Vault Number | Highest Traits:
Vault 111 (Sole Survivor) | Intelligence, Charisma

Weapons and Armor:
2076 World Series Baseball Bat, Laser Musket, [x2] .44 pistols, Reba, Fat Man [x2 Mini-Nukes], Molotov Cocktails; Gunner flannel shirt and jeans, DC Guard Armor [Full Set]
Current Mission(s):
Unlikely Valentine
21845887768_851b85ac0e_b.jpg
Available Perks:
-(Strength): Iron Fist, Big Leagues, Armorer
-(Perception): Pickpocket, Rifleman, Awareness [Rank 1]
-(Endurance): Toughness, Lead Belly, Life Giver, Chem Resistant
-(Charisma): Cap Collector, Black Widow [Rank 1], Lone Wanderer, Attack Dog, Animal Friend, Local Leader
-(Intelligence): Vans, Medic [Rank 1], Gun Nut, Hacker [Rank 1], Scrapper, Science [Rank 1]
-(Agility): Gunslinger, Commando, Sneak, Mister Sandman
-(Luck): Fortune Finder, Scrounger

[Park Street Station/Vault 114, Commonwealth]
Mood: Anxious, Exhausted, Hopeful, Relieved

Evelynn was a little surprised that the man she was talking to was a synth, but it didn't bother her much. In fact, she was quite comforted by the fact that he started smoking. It brought her back to the days in the smoking parlor at her college, where debates were often held. The smoke would waft in the air as many subjects were brought up: science, women's rights, animal rights, environmental issues, politics. Those were easier times. She smiled at his comment. "That tends to happen around here, especially when you walk knowingly into traps. That's what Ellie said at least. But...I came to find you because someone kidnapped my nephew Shaun. I don't know who they or where they went. They murdered both my sister and her husband in cold blood. I just need to find Shaun before something bad happens to him..."

OOC: I know it's short, but there's a lot of dialogue that's gonna happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back