• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern This ain't no West Side Story

Sage headed to work that morning and sighs. She saw how quickly he was getting new prescriptions and every time she tried to talk about it, he brushed her off. She decided tonight she wasn’t gonna let him. They had to deal with this. She sit at her desk and looks at all the paperwork she now had.

He got everything packed up and taken to her place as well as his place all cleaned up as well before heading into work for a little bit and finally getting back home to hers and took a few more painkillers bringing his total for the day up to 8 and it was only 2pm.

Sage gets home that night with dinner and puts it on the kitchen counter. “Jason?” She class and starts unpacking the food. “Babe can we talk?”

He wandered into the kitchen and sat down resting his head back and watching her. “Hey. What do you need babe?” He smiled tiredly at her.

Sage frowns and picks up the pill bottle on the counter, shaking it. “This is like your fourth bottle of these things. I know you aren’t going to a regular doctor anymore to get them either cause they would have told you no a long time ago.” She mutters and puts the bottle down. “This is serious Jason. You’re addicted.”

He frowned and stared at the floor. “I’m telling you it’s just for when it’s hurting. I’m not addicted. It’s all still really painful.” He mumbled.

Sage shakes her head. "It can be so painful you go through four bottles in two weeks James!" She crosses her arms. "You gotta admit you have a problem before we can fix it." She murmurs.

He frowned shaking his head. “I don’t have a problem to be acknowledged.” He muttered rubbing at his face and got up to go lay down in bed again.

Sage bites her lip. "Either get help or get out!" She snaps at him suddenly. She didn't want to lose him over this. She didn't want him to turn in the addicts she'd watched Peter take on in court. That wasn't Jason and she didn't know what else to do to get him to wake up.

Jason frowned turning to face her again. “I am not addicted!” He yelled back. “You wanted me to move all my stuff in!” He snapped at her. “And you know that I have nowhere to go!” He muttered snatching the bottle off of her. “Don’t you dare stand there all high and mighty and tell me what I am. You wouldn’t know addiction if it slapped you in the face!” He snapped at her and then really did head off to bed.

Sage watches him in shock. She shakes her head and slides down the wall until she was sitting. She buries her face in her knees and starts crying. She didn't know what to do. She gets up after a while and gets a blanket out of the closet, going to sleep on the couch.

He got up later on that night and stepped outside for a cigarette sitting on the front porch and taking a couple more painkillers. He knew really that he was addicted but at the same time he was still in a lot of pain and even worse still he didn’t want to admit it to anyone least of all Sage. He felt like he’d let her down.

Sage hears the door open. She wasn't sure if he left permanently or just stepped out. She sits up a little and glances out the window, seeing him sitting on the porch smoking. She bites her lip and sighs softly. She gets up and heads upstairs. She listens for the sound of the door as she looks for where he hid the bottle. She was gonna dump them and pray he couldn't get another refill.

He had the bottle on him in his pocket and eventually got up heading back in and up to bed seeing her sitting there and he sat next to her pulling her into his arms quietly. “Come to bed. Please.” He murmured.

Sage shrugs him off and moves away more. "I'm not gonna do this. Either admit you have a problem and get help or please be gone by the time I get back from work tomorrow." She tells him and stands up. "Those are the only options." She tells him and heads back to the couch.

He sighed heavily and lay back down seeing Magic follow her out of the room to go lay with her while he fell asleep in the bed.

He woke up early in the morning frowning at the bottle of pills sitting on the side and sighed heavily rubbing at his face some sitting up and dumping a load out into his hand taking them all so that he had one last shot with them before he went to speak to Sage about getting help. He found her in the kitchen and slipped his arms around her waist. “I love you... and the last thing I ever wanna do is lose you.” He murmured by way of an apology

Sage pulls out of his arms. “You don’t wanna lose your high.” She mutters. She was still pretty pissed and hurt that he had snapped at her. She grabs her coffee mug and her keys. “I gotta go to work.” She mutters and goes to grab her coat.

Sage sighs and heads to the office. She lays her head agaisnt the steering wheel when she got there. She just wished she could talk to her mom or Dean. They were always her go to people. She calls her boss and fakes sick before driving off to her favorite place. It was a little hiking path that led to a lake.

Her third brother was the one who gave her a call a couple hours later. “Sage. Hey you! Uh, I’m just over at your place, I just wanted to check it was still your place there’s a big dog barking at the door. Won’t stop and I was gonna pop in and start sorting out some dinner thought I’d surprise you but yknow I’m not great at surprises. Ruined this one already and... sage I’m gonna have to go I’ve just seen a man inside. Think he’s unconscious he’s laying on the floor face down.” He told her hanging up quickly to call an ambulance. Matt was her oldest brother but he was different to the other two. He lived in the uk most of the year, popping back home to see everyone close to the holidays. He worked as a chef at one of the top restaurants in the country over there and it was hardly what his parents had wanted for him.

Sage listens to him and tries to explain who it was but then she hears Jason's unconscious. She gasps and quickly runs back to her car. She drives back to the house quickly. "Matt!" She sees him and runs over. "What happened? Where's Jason?!" She asks quickly and shakes. She tears up and holds onto him.

He frowned looking over at her and hugged her tightly. “They took him to the hospital I think, overdose they said. Didn’t know if it was accidental or on purpose... who is he?” He asked her following her to her car and got in with her.

Sage quickly gets in the car and heads to the hospital with him. "My boyfriend." She tells him and parks once they get there. She rushes inside and to the desk. "Where's Jason Mamoa. He came in for an overdose." She tells the nurse and bites her lip. He had to be okay. She didn't want the last time they talked to be a fight. She shakes a little and grips the desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back