Viewpoint Things You Want to RP but are too Embarrassed to Ask

I really want to do a fandom rp with just canon characters, but I feel like I might accidentally write a character too OOC :')

So I'm not really embarrassed about the things I like to roleplay, it's just about finding people who are into the same stuff.
  • Supernatural things - vampires are a big one! They're kinda cliche, and some people are over them, but I will always love them, ahaha. I also like werewolves, even though I'm not as practiced with them and their dynamics. I also love playing witches, gifted humans, demons, stuff like that!
  • Darker themes - mental health, substance abuse, age gaps, abuse, toxic relationships, power dynamics, etc... anything that can be considered dark, I'm probably for. I don't have any triggers, and I like exploring these things in a roleplay. (I'm also a sucker for a happy ending, so there's that).
  • Romance - soooo many people hate on romance but idc. I love including it, or at least having the possibility for it!
  • Cliche pairings. Just yes!

If you like supernaturals and romance 1x1 might be the place for you. Actually cliche pairings too. I do two out of three and it’s never been that hard to find partners. Admittedly I don’t do the cliche things so that might be why. I tend to do unique takes on my supernatural elements and my romances are usually open ended with my partner filling in the blanks.

So I cast a wider net than if I just said ; I want vampire x werewolf , mXm, with me playing the vampire.

It’s usually more like : So I have this idea for a new vampire to be taken in by a werewolf. My idea are wolves are basically animals that learned to take human form and as such are very communal and family oriented with an odd love of HGTV. Characters can be either gender or sexuality.

So I'm not really embarrassed about the things I like to roleplay, it's just about finding people who are into the same stuff.
  • Supernatural things - vampires are a big one! They're kinda cliche, and some people are over them, but I will always love them, ahaha. I also like werewolves, even though I'm not as practiced with them and their dynamics. I also love playing witches, gifted humans, demons, stuff like that!
  • Darker themes - mental health, substance abuse, age gaps, abuse, toxic relationships, power dynamics, etc... anything that can be considered dark, I'm probably for. I don't have any triggers, and I like exploring these things in a roleplay. (I'm also a sucker for a happy ending, so there's that).
  • Romance - soooo many people hate on romance but idc. I love including it, or at least having the possibility for it!
  • Cliche pairings. Just yes!
BOI- VAMPIRE, MENTAL STRUGGLES, AND ROMANCE RPS FOR THE WIN

Here's one of mine. Sounds odd, but I've kind of always wanted to try a RP about a bunch of novices trying to adjust to monastery life and the challenges/drama associated with that. After watching a bunch of movies and such about this very subject I think it would be kind of fun to write. I just never really ask since I feel like a lot of people would find a faith themed RP to be boring.

A toxic, abusive relationship. I'm a psychologist and I feel like this is an embarrassment because it's so wrong and not a good thing but I'm so interested in trying it ☠🤦‍♀️ and I'm fighting this thing in me still that is like, "Possessive behaviour is hot"

Smh, I hate that that is something I want to try

A toxic, abusive relationship. I'm a psychologist and I feel like this is an embarrassment because it's so wrong and not a good thing but I'm so interested in trying it ☠🤦‍♀️ and I'm fighting this thing in me still that is like, "Possessive behaviour is hot"

You want a man that doesn't want to be cucked. Within reason, it's just a very man thing to do. If he's not interested in you, then something is wrong. Very wrong.

You want a man that doesn't want to be cucked. Within reason, it's just a very man thing to do. If he's not interested in you, then something is wrong. Very wrong.
Pretty sure that there's more than a fine line separating "doormat who can't establish boundaries in a relationship" and "psychological abuser"

Pretty sure that there's more than a fine line separating "doormat who can't establish boundaries in a relationship" and "psychological abuser"
You don't have to be beating your wife or calling her a fat cow, to be possessive. Simply stepping in when another man is macking on your wife is a clear sign of being healthy. lol Jeezus liberals and their women are all victims narrative.

You don't have to be beating your wife or calling her a fat cow, to be possessive. Simply stepping in when another man is macking on your wife is a clear sign of being healthy. lol Jeezus liberals and their women are all victims narrative.
Pretty clear that Emotional Enigma Emotional Enigma meant possessive as in manipulative and controlling. Like, unhealthy yandere levels of possessive. And lay off the politics, jesus fuck.

I've always wanted to do a fantasy romance, thing is... I'm just so embarrassed to do one, help!

Yes!! And against my better judgment I want to RP the plot of the abuser 😂🤦‍♀️

I myself don’t do abusive relationships because I grew up watching them and dealing with the fall out. Thus for me if I did the roleplay I would come at it from the perspective of working through real life issues.

That said if you are simply wanting to turn off your brain and live out a personal fantasy that’s also fine. Policing our brain and desires just seems unhealthy when no one is being hurt and it’s all entirely consensual.

I myself don’t do abusive relationships because I grew up watching them and dealing with the fall out. Thus for me if I did the roleplay I would come at it from the perspective of working through real life issues.

That said if you are simply wanting to turn off your brain and live out a personal fantasy that’s also fine. Policing our brain and desires just seems unhealthy when no one is being hurt and it’s all entirely consensual.
Yeah I just feel like it's not okay to encourage my brain to want to fantasize it or RP it. Idk it's like trying to correct myself but you have a point. I guess if no one is hurt by it and both parties are consenting to the idea then I shouldn't feel too poorly. I guess it's just the idea of it all.

Yeah I just feel like it's not okay to encourage my brain to want to fantasize it or RP it. Idk it's like trying to correct myself but you have a point. I guess if no one is hurt by it and both parties are consenting to the idea then I shouldn't feel too poorly. I guess it's just the idea of it all.

I think you should remember this is fiction. You are not advocating real life behavior or encouraging anyone to seek out abusive individuals in real life. It’s like reading about serial killers. It doesn’t mean your condoning murder or that your going to start slaughtering your neighbors. It’s just a bit of an escape from your day.

Funny thing is that I have actually RP'ed most of these taboo subjects before that people are bringing up in this thread. I have very few limits when it comes to RP but the few that I do have I am okay with having alluded to as part of a backstory or something, just not as an active part of the plot. For example, a character could have been molested as a kid and it has traumatized them as a result. However, I would not write a plot with that character as a child when the molestation is happening.

Or use those POV tiktoks as a source of creative inspiration. They have the same exact thing you're talking about lol.

This is dumb, but I want to practice my Giffany.

It was foolish for me not to see how flat she was before. I really want to fix that, and give her new depth. The problem is, I don't think anyone here would want anything to do with a ditzy, excitable girl like her. (In fact, I can't help but wonder if I'm just an oddball around this site in general)

This is dumb, but I want to practice my Giffany.

It was foolish for me not to see how flat she was before. I really want to fix that, and give her new depth. The problem is, I don't think anyone here would want anything to do with a ditzy, excitable girl like her. (In fact, I can't help but wonder if I'm just an oddball around this site in general)

I mean if memory serves people seemed to think she was a perfectly fine character. I enjoy those types of characters personally they tend to provide a lot of comedy which can keep a roleplay moving along if there isn’t pre-established plot.

I saw people say that they think her a little Sue-ish, which makes me kind of nervous that, as I fix that, I just end up making her more Sue-ish. If I could do it all again, I would at least make her clingier.

The other stumbling block is the paradox that I can't improve her character if I'm not allowed to work with her. So I would have to go behind the rule, which caused her to get in trouble in the first place. It's all a big knot I'm trying to find a way out of.

P PopcornPie so something I have learned about Mary Sues that I think might help you is this : they aren’t characters their players.

If you think of it in those terms you’ll know a lot better what to watch out for and a lot more what people actually find objectionable about these situations.

We have all met a Mary Sue Smith in real life. They’re the kind of people that always have to be right. They have to be the center of attention. They can be extremely toxic if they don’t get their way. And are all around exhausting to hang out with.

In role playing these are people who have to constantly have their ego stroked. Either directly or by praising their character. They will solve any conflict with ease because they need that validation of being the best, smartest, most competent person in the group.

Their fatal flaw is they don’t understand collaboration. They can’t understand that in a roleplay everyone is equally important and everyone needs a chance to shine.

So a way of counteracting this as a player is just be respectful. Ask about a situation if you are unsure and if a partner brings up an issue listen and make adjustments as needed.

That’s why I said your character was fine and people would be happy to roleplay with her. It’s because you have a very good personality as a partner.

As for changing her up you can always make subtle alterations for her reboot. It could even be a good writing excerise. Ask yourself what parts of this character are non essential to her arc as a person?

Last edited:
Hm...I'm not sure if the issue is that she has a lot of unnecessary fluff, as much as not having a lot of fluff to begin with. She's cheerful, naïve, clumsy, clingy, and optimistic. That's what I stuck to when I was writing her initially.

I'm wondering if I could pretend I'm writing a wiki page for her, pretend I'm looking through the eyes of a fan who's seen, and likes my work. If I did that, I think it would help me pull out new traits. Off the top of my head, it would be neat if she had a competitive streak, or had a tendency to be irrational.

Oh, and also, I came up with some ideas better relating to the actual question!
-People being kidnapped and held ransom at a trippy amusement park, where the founder can warp reality as they please. Could be multiverse, or with regular OCs.
-A roleplay based off my Rainbow Brigade universe, specifically life inside the brutal, villainous Intergalactic Defense Squadron. The players can serve their commanders faithfully, or plot to desert.
-Playing a bunch of mythical beast trappers would be cool!
-I have a neglected pirate character, I've been considering making a roleplay, possibly a 1x1, where she is separated from her crew, and in need of a new one.
-I've seen a lot of band themed roleplays. I think one would be fun, but I don't know how I'd make it unique.
-I'd like to play on some of the darker aspects of Pokémon. Trainers disappearing, life through the eyes of a Shadow Pokémon, what happens to abandoned Pokémon.

I... want to take a RP I did as a 1x1 that kinda petered off and turn it into a group rp, someday. I'm just scared that the person I did the 1x1 with will see the check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back