Viewpoint Things You Want to RP but are too Embarrassed to Ask

just_patches

Basically what it says on the title
What are subjects you want a roleplay to focus on, settings you want to try, or scenarios you want to try out, but you are embarrassed to ask or make an interest check for them?
Whether it be because the thing is a weird subject matter, people who play it have a bad reputation, or it's associated with a fandom that is considered cringy (even though I hate that word since it's lost all meaning)

Personally, I've wanted to do an rp with a character's pregnancy being the focus or have a character get pregnant in rp (not mpreg though).
The reason I'm embarrassed to ask is a fear that asking outright that I want to rp the subject, people will immediately assume it's for fetish reasons.

No people don't assume that! In fact there's an interest check out right now on that very theme ^^

I'm a group roleplayer so usually this isn't an issue cause it's usually my rp as opposed to someone elses but I guess my interest in genderbending characters is a bit embarrassing and I'd certainly never talk about it in a 1x1 interest check.

I swear it's not a fetish.

Isn't talking about it here as embarrassing as asking for it for RP?
I don't see a problem with pregnancies, but it can slow down adventure-RP's.
And hey, genderbending and crossdressing are fun things to do. They make for fun dynamics.

For me? Hm... I'm not embarrassed of anything like that. All of my RP's are a little weird, to begin with.

Chiester Chiester
It's less embarrassing I feel because this thread sorta works as a confession booth sort of thing.
"I want to RP a pregnancy thing with one of my female characters but feel people will assume it's a fetish" is less embarrassing than "Haha, can we do an rp where my character is pregnant and yours got her pregnant?"

As for genderbending and crossdressing, i'm for that, depends on if it fits the character. One of my characters is a crossdressing harpy boy.

Chiester Chiester
It's less embarrassing I feel because this thread sorta works as a confession booth sort of thing.
"I want to RP a pregnancy thing with one of my female characters but feel people will assume it's a fetish" is less embarrassing than "Haha, can we do an rp where my character is pregnant and yours got her pregnant?"

As for genderbending and crossdressing, i'm for that, depends on if it fits the character. One of my characters is a crossdressing harpy boy.
The irony here is that we're currently in the same rp where I'm playing a genderbending changeling.

I used to want to roleplay a dog. Not an anthropomorphic or talking one, either. Just a house dog who lives with its owner. Not a fetish thing, and I don't really know why, I just wanted to. Never asked anyone about it because I thought it was a weird request.

Basically what it says on the title
What are subjects you want a roleplay to focus on, settings you want to try, or scenarios you want to try out, but you are embarrassed to ask or make an interest check for them?
Whether it be because the thing is a weird subject matter, people who play it have a bad reputation, or it's associated with a fandom that is considered cringy (even though I hate that word since it's lost all meaning)

Personally, I've wanted to do an rp with a character's pregnancy being the focus or have a character get pregnant in rp (not mpreg though).
The reason I'm embarrassed to ask is a fear that asking outright that I want to rp the subject, people will immediately assume it's for fetish reasons.

I have a roleplay where my character knocked up a girl in a one night stand :3

Probably anything to do with love triangles/reverse harem type stories. My love of otome games will never ever die, but man do I hesitate

Why do they call it a reverse harem. It's really no different from a regular harem.
It's just to differentiate! Harem is a buncha girls, reverse harem is a buncha guys. Not really different, but it gives a better idea what to expect

Why not just say guy harem or girl harem?

I have the same problem with the term reverse trap (then again, I also have a general problem with the term trap so...)

OH MY GOODNESS just_patches just_patches I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!! I just think it would be fun and exciting to dive into a character that's pregnant. The limitations they slowly develop, the complicated emotions, the reactions to those around them, and so much more! And don't get me started on when the baby is actually born, it's like a never-ending plot!! I have rped a pregnant character before, and it was with a friend I used to be really close to. So, we thought it was a great idea! But it shortly ended before the second trimester.

Besides wanting to rp a pregnant character, I really want to rp a wolves/wolf pack/wolf shape-shifters. I know, by how much writers and movies use wolves, it's kind of a most-common concept, like vampires and witches. But if you think about Wolf Children, Wolf's Rain, Twilight, Teen Wolf, and others- you can make a really interesting rp out of it! I usually don't ask because I think people see the wolf trope as old or don't know what type of wolf rp I'm talking implying.

I really want to do another multifandom crossover RP, but given how all of the ones I've started in the past have failed, I'm more than a little hesitant to do so again.

I really want to do another multifandom crossover RP, but given how all of the ones I've started in the past have failed, I'm more than a little hesitant to do so again.
I've done those before.
I think one key to it is limiting how much of one thing or what fandoms you can have, even though that seems like gatekeeping.
One I was in got bogged down by HOmestuck becoming a staple thing in it.

I used to want to roleplay a dog. Not an anthropomorphic or talking one, either. Just a house dog who lives with its owner. Not a fetish thing, and I don't really know why, I just wanted to. Never asked anyone about it because I thought it was a weird request.

High key I've always wanted to do this too omg
I even debated posting about it here but I had second thoughts hahaa

(... why am I doing this to myself?)
I usually avoid asking people for an “age gap romance” RP, because most people instantly get the wrong idea.

Me- I just want to see two consenting adults, maybe someone in their mid twenties and someone in their mid/late thirties, involved in a healthy, romantic relationship, trying to overcome the differences caused by the age gap.

I can (sort of) understand why most people aren’t into this idea but I, who have been always surrounded by people older than me (no matter if they were my friends, enemies, family, or love interests) would feel right at home in that kind of RP.

I don't think it's a problem for me specifically. I'm not ashamed of what I like, however weird that can be. But there are things that not everyone would get behind, so I bring them up fairly rarely. Such as, I'd like to play out a possession of sorts to be a spirit to mentally torment another character, but all too many people take it as godmodding, so I try to avoid that. Another thing comes from my distaste towards seemingly obligatory romance in games: I'd like to be playing a guy who doesn't share the feefees, and is an asshole about it.

Thus far, it looks like I like tormenting my partners. Maybe that's exactly the case.

I don't think it's a problem for me specifically. I'm not ashamed of what I like, however weird that can be. But there are things that not everyone would get behind, so I bring them up fairly rarely. Such as, I'd like to play out a possession of sorts to be a spirit to mentally torment another character, but all too many people take it as godmodding, so I try to avoid that. Another thing comes from my distaste towards seemingly obligatory romance in games: I'd like to be playing a guy who doesn't share the feefees, and is an asshole about it.

Thus far, it looks like I like tormenting my partners. Maybe that's exactly the case.

Lol, I've rped a spirit that tormented someone else's CHARACTER- TWICE XD. I didn't know people saw that as godmodding tho!

I've got this fun idea for a Percy Jackson parody-ish roleplay that's based on Christian mythology instead of Greco-Roman, but I'm worried people will think I'm one of those atheists if I ever run it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back