Viewpoint Things You Want to RP but are too Embarrassed to Ask

I positively hate having to ask to do a horror RP, because than I have to go through the whole cautionary thing and... horror RP's in my experience are immediately attributed to being needlessly gory and while, yes, I do like my gore, some horror is on a more emotional level.

This is a weird one, so I haven't asked anyone. Also, it's basically Lolita but less awkward.
But what if you had a teen girl (between the age of about 13 -15) on an adventure with this older guy, and although she developed a crush on him, his feelings remained platonic. Instead of ending up together, they work through her crush and merely continue their platonic relationship.

This is a weird one, so I haven't asked anyone. Also, it's basically Lolita but less awkward.
But what if you had a teen girl (between the age of about 13 -15) on an adventure with this older guy, and although she developed a crush on him, his feelings remained platonic. Instead of ending up together, they work through her crush and merely continue their platonic relationship.
that's cute, I like that.

I am new at role plays but I don't know how to start a story up. Do I need to create a character and info during startup?

Kind of embarrassing to ask

I am new at role plays but I don't know how to start a story up. Do I need to create a character and info during startup?

Kind of embarrassing to ask
If you want to create a group RP, you usually put up an Interest Check thread to recruit people for it with a bit of info on the story and rules and possible characters. For one on one, you can make a search thread listing story/character/pairing ideas, and/or you can go through other people's search threads and reply to those.

Last edited:
What about an RP that involves a friend that's recently come back from a combat tour in a foreign country (afghanistan, etc) and another friend who's never been in the military and the friend that got deployed and came back, has to deal with adjusting to civilian life and has no support structure other than this one friend, so it becomes hard for that person to adjust and the other friend tries to help them get back adjusted to the civilian world. It would be interesting to explore how PTSD would actually affect the adjustment, especially if someone has been in heavy firefights and has had to learn to be tougher than average which could make it hard for them to integrate back into civilian society.

that would kind of be embarrassing and interesting just because of the implications and stuff that the particular subject causes people to feel or think about the nations military and their personnel and support assets including the government.

What about an RP that involves a friend that's recently come back from a combat tour in a foreign country (afghanistan, etc) and another friend who's never been in the military and the friend that got deployed and came back, has to deal with adjusting to civilian life and has no support structure other than this one friend, so it becomes hard for that person to adjust and the other friend tries to help them get back adjusted to the civilian world. It would be interesting to explore how PTSD would actually affect the adjustment, especially if someone has been in heavy firefights and has had to learn to be tougher than average which could make it hard for them to integrate back into civilian society.

that would kind of be embarrassing and interesting just because of the implications and stuff that the particular subject causes people to feel or think about the nations military and their personnel and support assets including the government.

Also too PTSD can be a triggering topic for people even if they have no feeling about the military/government one way or another. And depending on where your from mental health in general can be a hot button issue.

to

Also too PTSD can be a triggering topic for people even if they have no feeling about the military/government one way or another. And depending on where your from mental health in general can be a hot button issue.
Yep, that's a definite thing as well.

i would love to play a couple of characters of mine who are quite shy and not used to having close personal relationships. it would be really cool to see them grow. but i never bring them up because i'm always worried they'd be too 'boring' to play against. one of them is male, and since i only do non-het relationships, i am terrified of making him come off as a 'uwu delicate flower uke' because. ew. no thanks.

shy and quiet characters seem to get a bad rep for not being fun to write against (which i can understand to a certain extent, but tbh i think if it's done right it could be quite fun!) so i tend to just. keep these characters to myself for now.

Things involving body manipulation/horror, especially involving eyes. I'm fascinated by it, honestly-but people would find it scary or wrong, I feel.

Not so much embarresed as that I can never make it happen. I want to do an rp where everything is black and white. I don't have to mentally tax my brain trying to figure out who's really the good guy or the bad guy. There's very little angst and any angst that does happen is over in one act. The villain doesn't necessarily have to be wrong (they can have a point, but they're going about it the wrong way) but is still very evil and must be defeated no matter what or alternatively turned into an ally. All that stuff.

I low-key want to make a mha-esque rp but with the twist that it focused on people whose superpowers have had severe negative effects on them. So it's stuff like maybe one kid has the power to manipule bone but a side-effect is that she suffers from Münchmeyer disease or maybe another kid has super-speed but she ages superfast whenever she uses it.

But I'm too worried that it'll come across as being too disrespectful to people with actual disabilities for me to do anything with the idea.

I low-key want to make a mha-esque rp but with the twist that it focused on people whose superpowers have had severe negative effects on them. So it's stuff like maybe one kid has the power to manipule bone but a side-effect is that she suffers from Münchmeyer disease or maybe another kid has super-speed but she ages superfast whenever she uses it.

But I'm too worried that it'll come across as being too disrespectful to people with actual disabilities for me to do anything with the idea.
That doesn't sound like that at all- it's basically a DTB RP ^^

Last edited:

This is an aspect of X-Men no one ever really takes and runs with on the site, if the franchise ever comes up at all.

Things involving body manipulation/horror, especially involving eyes. I'm fascinated by it, honestly-but people would find it scary or wrong, I feel.
I LOVE body horror. It's probably on of my favorite tropes in horror, especially in video games. Things like several of the monsters in Bloodborne, Silent Hill series, or Darkest Dungeon. Hell, even one of my favorite OCs is a body horror girl45.1.png

Well mine's a bit of a weird one, especially since I hate fandom roleplays and avoid them the best I can. Especially if the characters are actually canon, I always felt like I would play the character completely wrong if i tried it. This is why this is a weird plot idea for me

Anyone heard of a game called Slime Rancher? You should google it if you don't, it's a really good game. I'm gonna talk about it like I'm talking to another slime rancher fan and not someone who knows nothing about the game, only because i don't feel like explaining today. Anyway, I had this idea at about 2:15 last week to play as OCs in the game's planet. Maybe Beatrix left the ranch to a group of people and retured back to earth? The whole group need to get all the upgrades and stuff and actually have to get out of the ranch to collect slimes, not have them conveniently appear next to them. i don't know, that could be fun for a while?

if anyone alreayd knows the game then i'd love feedback on the idea

“Lemme smash”

Actually I’m not embarrassed to ask that IC. It’ll probably embarrass the person I’m RPing with tho

“Lemme smash”

Actually I’m not embarrassed to ask that IC. It’ll probably embarrass the person I’m RPing with tho
Honestly some of my characters have some weird ideas on this particular subject, but it's never actually played out

I've wanted to play through a divorce/custody arrangement situation for a while now to try and work out how legal custody situations really work. But I doubt anybody really knowledgeable would wanna do that with me considering other than my current situation I don't know much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back