Viewpoint Things You Want to RP but are too Embarrassed to Ask

OH MY GOODNESS just_patches just_patches I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!! I just think it would be fun and exciting to dive into a character that's pregnant. The limitations they slowly develop, the complicated emotions, the reactions to those around them, and so much more! And don't get me started on when the baby is actually born, it's like a never-ending plot!! I have rped a pregnant character before, and it was with a friend I used to be really close to. So, we thought it was a great idea! But it shortly ended before the second trimester.

Besides wanting to rp a pregnant character, I really want to rp a wolves/wolf pack/wolf shape-shifters. I know, by how much writers and movies use wolves, it's kind of a most-common concept, like vampires and witches. But if you think about Wolf Children, Wolf's Rain, Twilight, Teen Wolf, and others- you can make a really interesting rp out of it! I usually don't ask because I think people see the wolf trope as old or don't know what type of wolf rp I'm talking implying.
Dude! I think that concept of shapeshifting wolves is interesting. I've seen it alot on other role-playing communities. And I'm sure people would be interested in it. I certainly would be

I really want to do another multifandom crossover RP, but given how all of the ones I've started in the past have failed, I'm more than a little hesitant to do so again.
same, I tried a crossover RP and it just bombed, big time. Which is a shame, cause I personally have some awesome crossover group ideas. But am scared people won't like it. Like I have an idea for a transformers Marvel RP.

I've got this fun idea for a Percy Jackson parody-ish roleplay that's based on Christian mythology instead of Greco-Roman, but I'm worried people will think I'm one of those atheists if I ever run it.
I mean... as a Christian I find those a bit distasteful, but that's why I don't join them lol. Granted, I think it does depend on how it's done. Like, there's a difference between acceptable parody and flat-out disrespectful. When I'm working with controversial subjects I always try to put the shoe on the other foot and see if the concept would be okay using a different (but comparable) minority/religion/group of people. If yes, go for it. If no, maybe save it for a private project.

Yeah, idk... thinking about it I feel like it's really touchy with religions like Christianity/Islam/Judaism (which would be the three comparable ones). Percy-Jackson and others that draw on mortals/immortals in the Greco-Roman pantheons work because that is literally a part of the mythology. Twisting a religion that doesn't inherently fit those themes is maybe not a great idea. I feel like (leaving aside any elements of it being fundamentally disrespectful etc.) it might not be worth it simply because you'd proooobably get some hate/upset PM's over it. Not worth the stress imo.

That said, writing is for flexing creative muscles and exploring whatever you want to explore, but I def get your hesitation with something like this.

Okay, as for me with this question...
I get occasional hankerings for the "good ole day" roleplay ideas like Warriors, literal animal roleplays, and even anthropomorphic animals. I feel there's a bit of a stigma surrounding them these days that roleplays like this are "childish." Just browsing through the interest checks it's pretty much entirely human-based stories with maaaaaybe a few other races, but none of the more lighthearted and fully animal-character ones. Makes me hesitant to even suggest a plot like that in my own interest check xD

-is still confused- xD
You know, those jerks who write long essays on why God doesn't exist and will use any excuse to argue violently with a religious person.
Yeah, idk... thinking about it I feel like it's really touchy with religions like Christianity/Islam/Judaism (which would be the three comparable ones).
A lot of things are touchy with those people. Especially the more extremist ones. Never stopped me from making jokes.

I've got this fun idea for a Percy Jackson parody-ish roleplay that's based on Christian mythology instead of Greco-Roman, but I'm worried people will think I'm one of those atheists if I ever run it.

Do it! Since there's only one god though, will it deal with prophets and saints instead?

I get what you meant about those atheists, though... if I could go back in time, the first thing I'm gonna do is slap teenage me for being such an edgelord about it.

Do it! Since there's only one god though, will it deal with prophets and saints instead?

I get what you meant about those atheists, though... if I could go back in time, the first thing I'm gonna do is slap teenage me for being such an edgelord about it.
The first thing I would do is find out how Jesus did all those neat tricks.

Not really embarrassed, I just don't think it would be likely to work out or be particularly appealing.

I kinda wanna do a military RP, except it's extremely short. Everyone just plays a low-level conscript, with the roleplay culminating with everyone dying in a pointless frontal assault.

Lol, I've rped a spirit that tormented someone else's CHARACTER- TWICE XD. I didn't know people saw that as godmodding tho!
You might just be - or play with people who are - more open-minded about that. To many people I've met characters must be roughly on the same level of power, otherwise they feel like one of the players is inferior.

You might just be - or play with people who are - more open-minded about that. To many people I've met characters must be roughly on the same level of power, otherwise they feel like one of the players is inferior.
Maybe, I usually have expectations in a rp. But if the other person decides to swerve away from them, I usually try to go with it and meet them where they want it. And sometimes having characters drastically different is actually better than them being the "same level" :)

I'm also used to character being tortured XD

sometimes i like rps where one character has less "power" than the other, especially if its idk a species gap (human/monster) or just a relationship thing. :P of course it depends from rp to rp and from person to person

also i feel yall on the "werewolf" rp.... i have never been the same since watching teen wolf. im in love (also doesnt help that i hopelessly love the sfw aspects of a/b/o, which is shameful to admit in itself since liking a/b/o is seen as... yeah.)

I like all things psychological. I enjoy exploring how abstract and complex relationships can be, particularly those with sexual/intimate elements, but I realize that it can get weird for people when, y'know, the topics of incest, polyamory, swinging, etc. come up.

I like all things psychological. I enjoy exploring how abstract and complex relationships can be, particularly those with sexual/intimate elements, but I realize that it can get weird for people when, y'know, the topics of incest, polyamory, swinging, etc. come up.
i think that, in those cases, it helps to remind people that fiction =/= reality, and that the purpose of fiction is also to explore such taboo or socially unacceptable behaviour in a safe environment

I relate so much with the werewolves, a/b/o and taboo subjects. Honestly, writing is a safe and pretty OK way to play with the psychology of these subjects. I write specifically as an escape from reality, why should the things I write about be (almost) the same as stuff I can do in real life?

When it comes to a/b/o I have always found the social dynamics interesting, not necessarily romantic relationships, just the entire way the culture is shaped. It can be anything from pretty modern views where everyone is theoretically equal, to a dystopian world where they don't even try to convince you that there is any sort of equality. As someone who loves world building that's a lot of stuff to work with.

/rant lol.

While I definitely would not rp stuff like that (or romance in general, but you already knew that) I think it's cool if people do that to explore psychological stuff.

However, if you're doing incest because it's your fetish then I'm sorry but I don't think that's right. Unkess you live in Alabama. Zing!

While I definitely would not rp stuff like that (or romance in general, but you already knew that) I think it's cool if people do that to explore psychological stuff.

However, if you're doing incest because it's your fetish then I'm sorry but I don't think that's right. Unkess you live in Alabama. Zing!
i dont want to get into the "what is right or what is wrong" debate, however i feel the need to state my two cents: its not wrong to do incest in rp if you find it interesting to write or use it for coping, or simply because you like the characters dynamic and chemistry.

the people who produce fictional incest content arent to blame for anything. however, the problem arises when incest content is used to goad or groom people, in which case the abuser of that content is the sole problem, not the content in itself (unless, of course, it was made with the sole intention of grooming - which again, most probably not as its a ship thing in most cases).

I don't think it's a problem for me specifically. I'm not ashamed of what I like, however weird that can be. But there are things that not everyone would get behind, so I bring them up fairly rarely. Such as, I'd like to play out a possession of sorts to be a spirit to mentally torment another character, but all too many people take it as godmodding, so I try to avoid that. Another thing comes from my distaste towards seemingly obligatory romance in games: I'd like to be playing a guy who doesn't share the feefees, and is an asshole about it.

Thus far, it looks like I like tormenting my partners. Maybe that's exactly the case.

Ooh, your spirit idea is quite intriguing. I don't see how it could be considered godmodding, though

i dont want to get into the "what is right or what is wrong" debate, however i feel the need to state my two cents: its not wrong to do incest in rp if you find it interesting to write or use it for coping, or simply because you like the characters dynamic and chemistry.

the people who produce fictional incest content arent to blame for anything. however, the problem arises when incest content is used to goad or groom people, in which case the abuser of that content is the sole problem, not the content in itself (unless, of course, it was made with the sole intention of grooming - which again, most probably not as its a ship thing in most cases).
That's basically what I said.

Except, you know, in longer words.

So I'm not really embarrassed about the things I like to roleplay, it's just about finding people who are into the same stuff.
  • Supernatural things - vampires are a big one! They're kinda cliche, and some people are over them, but I will always love them, ahaha. I also like werewolves, even though I'm not as practiced with them and their dynamics. I also love playing witches, gifted humans, demons, stuff like that!
  • Darker themes - mental health, substance abuse, age gaps, abuse, toxic relationships, power dynamics, etc... anything that can be considered dark, I'm probably for. I don't have any triggers, and I like exploring these things in a roleplay. (I'm also a sucker for a happy ending, so there's that).
  • Romance - soooo many people hate on romance but idc. I love including it, or at least having the possibility for it!
  • Cliche pairings. Just yes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back