Experiences Things that instantly make you drop an RP

HAHAHA, It did go off topic from the initial conversation but, honestly, thanks for the info I didn't know where the line drew itself in this website. I appreciate the details.

Not a problem I know it can seem kinda unclear. If you have questions about specifics you can always ask the staff - Community Hub.

But yeah like Erotic Content is also something that makes me drop roleplays as well and which I am forever grateful I don't have to deal with on this site specifically.

Can't tell you how many times I got really into an idea or a storyline only for someone to be all - btw I totes want you to do a smutty oneshot featuring this kink of mine using our characters.

Like i literally had a guy ask me to make a specific side character that just wanted to smell his character. Like just fall him around sniffing or whatever. Like obviously not a hugely explicit example but it was just so out of the blue.

Like no dude I'm not going to randomly add in your kink to this roleplay about a student mentorship program.

Or no I'm not going to do this explicit scene in this roleplay about magical girls fighting demons with the power of friendship. For gods sake.

Absolutely hate it when someone gets too attached to their characters to the point where they act like them OOC or refer to you as if you're your character OOC. I cringe.

Or if the character solves all of the problems way too easily. Or if they ignore the crap outta the problem. And they move on like nothing happened.

Absolutely hate it when someone gets too attached to their characters to the point where they act like them OOC or refer to you as if you're your character OOC. I cringe.

Or if the character solves all of the problems way too easily. Or if they ignore the crap outta the problem. And they move on like nothing happened.

Ooh this reminds me of those personal ad style searches I used to see for roleplay ads. Like literally they were written as if this was a dating site and the person was looking for a hook up.

M Player seeks F Player for [ Insert Romance Pairing RP Here ] .

full body shutter and back button back button back button

Ooh this reminds me of those personal ad style searches I used to see for roleplay ads. Like literally they were written as if this was a dating site and the person was looking for a hook up.

M Player seeks F Player for [ Insert Romance Pairing RP Here ] .

full body shutter and back button back button back button

I have a similar reaction to those kinds of ads. I still see them from time to time.

Somewhat related but not really, I can't really play with people who only play one gender. I understand feeling more comfortable with playing a particular gender but when I see "I only play <gender>" in ads I always back out before reading the rest.

I have a similar reaction to those kinds of ads. I still see them from time to time.

Somewhat related but not really, I can't really play with people who only play one gender. I understand feeling more comfortable with playing a particular gender but when I see "I only play <gender>" in ads I always back out before reading the rest.
Same though!

Or if they spam for a reply. The longest I won't answer is probably a day (if I'm busy), but I will NOT ghost someone.

Same though!

Or if they spam for a reply. The longest I won't answer is probably a day (if I'm busy), but I will NOT ghost someone.

See I think that spamming is more of childish attention seeking than anything to do with ghosting. It's - I am on right now and I want to roleplay. How dare you not do what I want? PAY ATTENTION TO ME!

Like it's all about you catering to their whims and wants without any consideration for your own.

I tend to find that super annoying because yeah I have a job and a life and I'm not here to coddle you through your toddler tantrum.

Really any time I can see that the person I'm roleplaying with is super self-absorbed and only really wants a roleplay to be about them and doesn't care about you or your contributions I'm like...yeah bye.

See I think that spamming is more of childish attention seeking than anything to do with ghosting. It's - I am on right now and I want to roleplay. How dare you not do what I want? PAY ATTENTION TO ME!

Like it's all about you catering to their whims and wants without any consideration for your own.

I tend to find that super annoying because yeah I have a job and a life and I'm not here to coddle you through your toddler tantrum.

Really any time I can see that the person I'm roleplaying with is super self-absorbed and only really wants a roleplay to be about them and doesn't care about you or your contributions I'm like...yeah bye.
I am in multiple RPs too, so when someone pulls something like that, I deliberately will message them last out of everyone who has been messaging me. I will not prioritize someone who pitches a fit about me not getting back to them IMMEDIATELY BECAUSE THEY SEE ME ONLINE. Which could also be me leaving the browser open and doing something irl.

I am in multiple RPs too, so when someone pulls something like that, I deliberately will message them last out of everyone who has been messaging me. I will not prioritize someone who pitches a fit about me not getting back to them IMMEDIATELY BECAUSE THEY SEE ME ONLINE. Which could also be me leaving the browser open and doing something irl.

See I never saw that in groups really. But I did them but rarely to start with so maybe I just got lucky. I have had some primadonna 1x1 partners that I took a hard pass on once I saw the writing on the wall.

See I never saw that in groups really. But I did them but rarely to start with so maybe I just got lucky. I have had some primadonna 1x1 partners that I took a hard pass on once I saw the writing on the wall.
I haven't been in a group RP yet, just multiple 1x1 RPs. And I'll go through the messages and make sure I message the patient ones first lol

I had proooobably only three instances of requesting a roleplay drop.
I am not that easy to bother and I generally try my best to get at least scene finished, but there are some things that are too much even for my patient person:

Primadonna players - this, in group roleplays. People who disrupt any scene to make it focus on themselves. I am really willing to offer everyone attention, even if I am not that interested in this particular persons issues - but if they halt any scene by, for example, having Something Utterly Horrible happen to their character every time someone else is center of attention and thus demand attention to be switched immediatelly onto them- I am out. I joined a roleplay, not a cult.

Illiterate players - I don't mean people who have issues with correct writing. I am not a native, I get it, sometimes there are awkward quirks, I am tolerant towards liberal grammar. I mean people who can't read simple requests. When I start roleplay or join group, I generally state what I roleplay, what I don't, what sort of character I play, what don't, what really grosses me out and so on. About four short sentences. And people still can't manage to avoid one very narrow topic or refrain from stuffing my character in the kind of scenes that I clearly stated that I don't roleplay.

God-modders, omnipotent characters - I like to play in groups or pairs with either balanced power and influence or having power-balance agreed on. It really irritates me when someone creates a character that is more competent than my character at everything. As in, okay fine. No problem with people wanting to play influential characters but I encountered multi-talented on savant level, attractive, physically fit ("more fit than you") and in general godlike characters who insisted on things like "cannot express his/her feelings well" as a negative trait of the sort that balances it all out. Even worse - when these people decide that their godlike power and competence gives them right to decide, what happens to my character. I mean, if they are doing so good, I am willing to hand over my character and walk away, I am clearly wasting my time, I am not needed there.

I have just realized how much I relate to every single post in this thread.

I don't like to bail on roleplays but if there isn't any space or opening for me to work with, usually I have to say no. Like if it's a one on one and your character refuses to talk to mine because they're "a bitch" (tee hee) we're just going to go around in circles.

I don't roleplay to deal with characters with such extreme issues that the story can't move forward.

(This is of course typical of the only play females people).

I have just realized how much I relate to every single post in this thread.

I don't like to bail on roleplays but if there isn't any space or opening for me to work with, usually I have to say no. Like if it's a one on one and your character refuses to talk to mine because they're "a bitch" (tee hee) we're just going to go around in circles.

I don't roleplay to deal with characters with such extreme issues that the story can't move forward.

(This is of course typical of the only play females people).

I wouldn't say typical. Oddly most of the people I have met with like super antisocial characters all played men. Apparently they wanted to do the "Rude to you and ignores your existence until he needs something" style romantic hero.

Which isn't really an archetype that works in roleplays especially not 1x1s. Because if your character never interacts with mine than we aren't doing a roleplay. We're just writing seperate original fiction that happens to take place in the same location.

I had someone who literally refused to have their character interact with mine. Not because there was anything wrong with my character they just "wanted to make a loner character and see how long it took me to call them out on it".... not long by the way. I gave them exactly one chance to correct it. They responded by making TWO anti-social characters. Soo I was like...yeah we're not going to work.

That's pretty hilarious. The "loner" character. Haha. Why not just role-play with yourself if that's the case? No point in involving anyone else into the mix?

(I suppose I see it as mostly female because I mostly role-play with female characters, and I have seen the worst of those).

When the other two parties in the RP start going really overboard on planning with the sexual stuff and consider taking it to a separate 18+ RP forum even though your profile blatantly states you are underage and all you really wanted to do was work off some internal anguish.

Yes, this is coming from experience, and yes, it is a long story I am more than willing to tell

When the other two parties in the RP start going really overboard on planning with the sexual stuff and consider taking it to a separate 18+ RP forum even though your profile blatantly states you are underage and all you really wanted to do was work off some internal anguish.

Yes, this is coming from experience, and yes, it is a long story I am more than willing to tell

If it was on here you can talk to the staff about that. I am not a hundred percent but I'm pretty sure asking to do explicit content off site is against the rules. They have an anonymous system that lets you contact them so you don't have to worry about anyone seeing the question or the people knowing your the one who said anything. -- https://www.rpnation.com/staffcontact/.

I would ask because like I said I'm not a hundred percent on exactly at what point it becomes against the rules. I know it's absolutely forbidden on this site specifically, and you can't make like a search thread asking for erotic content. To clarify you can't do it on threads or in pms. However I don't know if asking someone to go to a whole other site and doing the erotic content there is against the rules. That you would have to ask the staff.

That Aside : As I mentioned above any time someone shoehorns smut into a roleplay I immediately back button and block. Because no. I said no, I meant no and if you can't respect that we don't need to interact.

Along those lines, someone asking me to do something I've stated I won't do or already answered no to is another great example of things that make me drop an RP. If it's a matter where it could be accidental or a product of not carefully reading my guidelines, I might be more lenient about it though.

I'm also not really fond of getting unsolicited RP requests. Like say, if I don't have a search thread active and someone PMs me with a request that absolutely couldn't have come from reading one of my old threads. I often get the feeling those people basically PM random active users with a copy/pasted request. It hasn't happened to me in a while, though.

If it was on here you can talk to the staff about that. I am not a hundred percent but I'm pretty sure asking to do explicit content off site is against the rules. They have an anonymous system that lets you contact them so you don't have to worry about anyone seeing the question or the people knowing your the one who said anything. -- https://www.rpnation.com/staffcontact/.

I would ask because like I said I'm not a hundred percent on exactly at what point it becomes against the rules. I know it's absolutely forbidden on this site specifically, and you can't make like a search thread asking for erotic content. To clarify you can't do it on threads or in pms. However I don't know if asking someone to go to a whole other site and doing the erotic content there is against the rules. That you would have to ask the staff.

That Aside : As I mentioned above any time someone shoehorns smut into a roleplay I immediately back button and block. Because no. I said no, I meant no and if you can't respect that we don't need to interact.
Using RpNation to solicit or encourage to take erotic content offsite it against the rules. So if the users start on here and the want to go "offsite" because they think it is a loophole in the rules; wrong. It's even part of the 'No Erotic Roleplay Agreement' that was implemented into the site. It is also bolded in the site rules here;
Users must also avoid implying or instructing other users to conduct in erotic roleplaying off-site or in their private messages/conversations.

crumbelivable crumbelivable If anyone ever tries to lure you into an ERP, contact the staff. Your reports and threads you create in Staff Contact are private. :3

BACK TO THE SUBJECT. I guess... I'll share a thing that makes me "nope" out of a roleplay.

I'm not the best regarding grammar. English grammar rules are actually a nightmare because they can be inconsistent and also don't adapt to how language changes at the same rate. So, I don't give others too much stress on having perfect grammar. However, when someone approaches me for a roleplay and I cannot understand what they've typed without asking for them to clarify or read it over 10+ times then I tend to decline the roleplay.

I'm with hologram hologram on the whole unsolicited roleplay requests. At times I wonder how many times a person has messaged someone with the same request. I find that those who send these types of requests don't actually fit well with me as a partner anyway due to my preferences. It doesn't happen often, it's a rare occurrence. It does just make me feel super awkward when I do get them though.

One thing that kills a group RP for me is predetermined face claims. When someone says they prefer a type of face claim, rather. Like why does it matter? Let me use what I want to use?

Although I will say that I've used a fc someone wanted me to in 1x1's, because it was like a you play a guy for me I play a guy for you/doubling thing. That doesn't bother me a bit.

I remembered another one.

Parent x Child’s Best Friend or Sibling x Sibling’s Fiancé.

Basically home wrecking relationships. Like I get the idea is drama but all I can think is — so basically you want to play selfish characters who are ruining their family to get into someone’s pants. And oooh boy the defensiveness you get with that.

Like related when people can’t stand for their character to be the bad guy even though they’re doing terrible things.

Like if you want to play a selfish character at least let that character be seen as selfish

Oh, before I forget it. You know what also makes me drop a roleplay faster than my brain deciding to drop my mental health into a deep well?

Zero communication when it comes to planning. I love, loooove, planning. Where do our characters go next? Can I introduce X? is it ok if we do X first before Y? If my partner doesn't respond to my planning or downright ignores it, I will drop out. I need to plan, not planning a lot of things makes me anxious.
Luckily, my current 1x1 partner also loves planning, so when I ask "Yo, can I introduce X?" she, as of now, always says "Hell ye boi gimme!". Though we both have some surprises planned. A roleplay without random surprises ain#t funny for me lol

For me, I won't even LOOK at school or most super powers RPs. They annoy the HECK outta me. Also, I can't see myself joining a romance RP, and I absolutely will not join an MXM or FXF RP. Also, if the base of the RP is sexuality, I won't join.

Things I find annoying are being asked to play adult characters only, because I play predominately child characters. Also, I think my biggest pet peeve is the attention seeking character who is everywhere at once. Example:

Me: *Drama is happening in Snowdin*
Loser: *Shows up on doorstep sobbing and crashes whatever the hell was already going on, making the plot chaotic*
Me: *Sighs, and commits to that character*
Loser: *storms off, sobbing, without a word*

Later...

Me: *Stuff starts happening in the Ruins*
Loser: *Sneaks into the Ruins, from Snowdin*
Me, Ooc: "You can't do that, the Ruins are blocked by a huge, impassable door."
Loser, Ooc: "Crack in the wall?"

LKJSADFHLSDAKJFHSADJKFH NO. NOOOO.

That's my worst. And grammar. I can deal with it, but I've dealt with a few people whose whole post was a run on sentence. Ach.

Any Rp that has a character that makes a Warhammer 40k space marine blush.

Example:

OP Character: Just stands there...

My character: Hits opponent with a punch as powerful as a hypernova

OP Character: Says, "Weak." And then punches my character with apparently 300,000,000 times the power of my punch. (DESPITE HIS CS SAYING HE CANT)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back