Anime & Manga Things I have watched/read

Leyara

that was a 6 year hiatus, woops
I just feel like rambling about stuff today. I love discussing thoughts on shows I've watched. So, here's a list of anime or manga I've delved into and formed an opinion on. Some of these are me saying NOPE DID NOT LIKE, but some are recommendations.
Some I never finished, some I have. ect ect.
These might all be considered main stream, or might not, I honestly have no idea anymore. But I am not here to be a hipster so, take it or leave it x'D

Be friendly.
Like food, my tastes (or distastes) in anime will not be the same as your's and vice versa.
I'm not trying to warp others' opinions either. Just sharing my thoughts.

If you wanna share your thoughts, feel free < 3 even if it's to tell me "Hey, I thought Fairy Tail was great!" despite me saying I wasn't fond of it. Tell me WHY you like it, maybe my eyes will open up! I try to be open minded about that sort of thing. I also try to be nice with my criticism in my list, even if I reeeeaally didn't like something, I'm not one of those who would ever be so rude as to say "this is trash, art sucks, yada yada".
So don't be afraid to start up a conversation with me about anything. I wont be mean lol

Oh, and hide spoilers or PM them to me (I don't mind them, but don't ruin for others)

Last edited:
(Yona of the Dawn)
7ZzKcED.png

The manga for this one is definitely on my recommended list. One of my favorite stories at the moment!
The anime is good as well, but there's so far only 1 season out (last I checked they're still working on season 2) and the manga goes MILES further into the story, and it's still being worked on and frequently updated. So I would advise reading it instead, lest cliffhangers might drive you insane =D
Oh, but I mention the "japanese" name on the spoiler, because if you're seeking the manga online, it will not typically be under the english title.

This story can get a bit political, given the nature of it, but it's never in a manner that feels dragged out and boring to me? The manga is very long but it feels as if everything has enough purpose that I am HAPPY that it's so long. And the characters are all so charming. Many come in and out and have a nice significance to them.
I am a sucker for good character development as well, and this story definitely has that going on.
is-it-wrong-to-try-to-pick-up-girls-in-a-dungeon.jpg

I can't even explain why I love this one so much. I don't typically like harem comedies, but this was another story where I honestly enjoyed every character, and I found it to be just silly. Hestia is obviously a visually exaggerated female character, as you can see in the image, and I thought I would despise her for it at first. Then.. somehow, she just became hella charming and silly to me?
This is just a cute show.
I haven't read the manga yet but I'm told i should, so one of these daaaaays~

I recommend
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_91f8hxfgrig4440ggow8kkcgs_640.png

CUTE
SO MUCH CUTE
Mirai I love you and you're cute ass red glasses
< 3
Might I say, I loved having a female protagonist with glasses. It's an odd detail to enjoy but god, it is charming. And her blood weapon concept was very interesting!
This was another one I watched but did not read, and I know nothing about how the manga goes. But the anime was just perfect in my opinion, and it pulled at all the right heart strings for me.

Highly recommend!
1328949_Japanese_KeyArt-OfficialVideoImage_6f71bea1-36b8-e611-80c5-0017a4776c06.jpg

This one I also find very funny and charming. The only thing that I'm not the biggest fan of, is that almost every female character (as of me being 11 episodes in) looks like a small child.Especially the protagonist's teacher. Loli's everywhere. Welcome to Japanese Anime!
But I quickly got over it with this one and came to really adore the silver haired girl, Index. The story's concept is also pretty intriguing to me, and I wonder where it will go~

I recommend!
fairy-tail.png

50 episodes in
I... think I get what people like about this show? But I'm also not sure if it's something that gets better after you've invested your life time to watch all of it.
I dunno
each episode feels like a hit or miss, or a bit of both, for me.
and it's so long I don't think I'll invest much more (or any further) time into it.

I would recommend it for a younger crowd, definitely.
For older crowds there seems to be a lot of mixed opinions, so I don't... know... if I recommend it to you.
Since sometimes I can't even bring myself to watch it.

I guess some of the concepts are fun, though.
And the fanart can be pretty neat. The characters DO look cute~
VIvA8BT.gif

I love this
it's hilarious
and derp
A slice of farming life, pretty much. Might be boring for some viewers. But I find it fun and silly.
Of course, I'm only 10 episodes in, so I haven't finished it or anything. I don't know if it continues to be fun or if it will drag out. But as far as I've reached, I like it.

I'd recommend for a more casual watch!
f203fb92fe3476b98eb85d52799bc7dbc6d1c05a_hq.jpg

THIS ONE
okay
so I have only read the first manga so far, as it was a christmas gift from my boss. Then right after I discovered it appearing on Crunchyroll as a new anime.
It is soooo odd but also amazing, and I am HIGHLY intrigued and I already feel so invested in the two main characters. I want to know more!
There are only 2 episodes out, and it seems to take a veeeeeery long time for it to update. I don't know how far the manga is but I am excited to read more--once I get the time to.

Also, the "chibi" faces in the manga for the skull-headed character, are the cutest on the planet.

I recommend, despite not knowing a whole lot yet!
04507dcccff2172de6dec913de4a8d351453282168_full.jpg

I tried
I tried I tried I tried
to like this one. It definitely had some humor to it and a fantasy setting I enjoy a lot. The characters look so cute. But once a girl's armor gets torn from her body by flying cabbage, I am done.
The perverse harem comedy jokes are not typically my cup of tea, and this one is definitely a fan service I couldn't sit through, despite liking plenty of things about the show otherwise.

I don't recommend
unless you like fan service/find humor in it!
latest

I've only watched a couple of episodes of this one, but I already have a decent opinion for my first impression. I think it has a good potential. The concepts are very intriguing, and I personally LOVE it when characters don't feel invincible. Stories where the protagonist actually FAILS at something.
I like it
I hope it doesn't become boring or poorly directed later~ But I'll edit this whenever I get around to watching more.

I weakly recommend, considering I dunno much about it yet.
1481925233-b02f4cdcabe2efcbeb3de75884c7e94f.jpeg

It's a cute idea, but I don't feel it has been executed very well. Might cater more towards children, in which case I think it's fine. But for my age it just feels a bit silly and almost cringing to watch the character behaviors.

I recommend to kids
on the same level as I'd recommend like.. Fruits Basket or something. Otherwise yeah, no..
X4Z_5a61AaR3FF0Nd5SDcKaDf4Can-BKJB7BT0KY_FmXFZvae-PEeL89eX5SERBdZYb8HtynY9CRaI_8xgWy6Kl3NG-t3isSLkoqGEtZJfZEIppXOcgL3k6JHi_qiRNnAysFXoCGIsO4PVAH_A

A good example of "I don't know what is mainstream or not". When I started watching this, I thought no one would know what it is if I talked about it. Next thing I knew it was EVERYWHERE, like EVERYONE who watches anime has watched it. Which made me very excited, because that meant I would have loads of fanart to look at.
EVEN my most favorite artists have drawn the girls for this one!

But art and joys of being able to ramble about something most people seemed to like, aside...

I did really love this show. The characters, the developments, the way the story unfolded. His "repeats" without the show becoming obnoxiously redundant. The creators did a wonderful job overall.
Judging by the SHOW (and having zero knowledge of the manga--yeah, sorry), I feel like the second half of it became quite odd, and there were moments where I got a bit annoyed, I almost wasn't sure if I would keep liking it. Then it ended the season very suddenly, in my opinion. But maybe that is just my perspective or the pace of which I was watching the show.
In the end, I can still say I enjoyed it. It was fun wondering what would happen next.

I recommend~
latest

"Oh look, another trapped-in-a-video-game conce--BORED"

I might have to give this one a second try. I didn't finish it of course, stopped around episode 4 or 5.
But my first line here sums up my thoughts nicely upon first impression.
But, I might've just not been in the right mood for it at the time.

Neither recommend or not recommend.
I actually would like for someone to tell me THEIR thoughts on this one
because I keep wondering if maybe it actually is good??
latest

THIS
EFFING
SHOW
I can't
I love it, it's so quirky, it makes my fiance face palm so much.
I just
love it

I dunno if I'd recommend
It takes a certain kind of humor sense to like this one, I imagine.
But if the image above looks like a silly show to you, give it a try lmao
Just don't hold high expectations for story
latest

It's cheesy
it's random
I feel like something's missing, in a way? I mean, I finished it, and I did enjoy it. But the way it was executed could've been better, to make certain concepts seem less... "Uh, what??"

The characters were definitely entertaining, however. I found myself cracking up at a few of them.

I weakly recommend it, if you're into romances with not-very-strong plots....?
982.jpg

This one is sorta mech
but god, I loved it. It's been a while since I watched it so I can't give a most thorough explanation of why I loved it so much, but I still wanted to add it to this list. Because I remember it was so visually beautiful and the story was creative, and fun. The characters were so lovely.
I need to watch this again
because there was something about the ending that I was so damn happy about? But I don't remember what that was. I just remember saying "I'm so glad they did that!"
And the mech body was also charming cause it sorta had it's own personality, I think?

Anyway, I gotta rewatch.
But I'm also obviously recommending it =D
A17298-2333319582.1467182676.jpg

Hmm
I selected this one pretty randomly to watch. It's another one that I would more recommend to kids or people who like a less serious story/cast of characters. But for me, personally, it just didn't leave any notable impression. It wasn't BAD, had fun concepts and I did finish it, just not the most interesting of my choices lately.
CK0UQaJUwAA92cx.png

This one had some points I didn't like about it (anime-wise), but I still enjoyed it! It was an interesting watch and, if I recall, it ended nicely as well. I didn't feel like I needed any more or less from it.

I would recommend

Last edited:
I have purposefully skipped some anime if I don't remember enough about them, didn't feel like adding them cause I'm kinda lazy, or just didn't think about them.
Haha so this list isn't everything
just recent ish things I guess

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back