Opinion [Please ignore]

bettsyboy

Four Thousand Club
I made this thread while angry and frustrated after a particularly bad week. I regret it and I'm sorry.

Last edited:
I have something to add, that's just on my list (am a girl, but it's irritating to me as well as I've heard other guys complain about it.)

When girls act stupid/helpless or criticize themselves to get attention. Whether it's the "I suck at math" excuse or on facebook "I look so ugly in this pic" It's really irritating. Quit trying to pull off the shy, dependent story character because that's not what happens in real life, it just doesn't work.

so true, when girls do that.

fishing for comments, pretending to be helpless, and pretending to be strong and independent but still wanting a guy to do thing for them.

Oh and another to the list... when a girl won't get with/stay with a guy if he doesn't buy her things... despite what some girls think, us guys aren't walking ATMs and we dont want to go around blowing all our money on you, we want to spend time with you, but if that is dependent on us buying you gifts, then we'll dump ya... and what's more on that point, if a girl like that gets her claws into a real loving, kind, generous, loving guy, by the time she's finished with him, he will be jaded, angry, inconsiderate and unhealthy for any relationship he's in which can spread his negativity to any girl he dates in the future... I'd equate that scenario to pouring rat poison into a beautiful mushroom soup.

1: Don't demand double standards - this is a big one, If you (girls) go out to the bar one night with the girls, flirt with a guy/some guys, and come back home at like, 4-5am, then freak out when he asks you what happened, then don't go grilling him for information before or after he goes to the bars with his friends.
bettsyboy

Most girls I know, and myself, don't do this, so I'm sorry if you've had shitty girls in the past or recently. If any act like this they're objectively in the wrong, but you can also blame culture.

2: "Just flirting" or kissing other girls is just as much cheating! - I have seen this first hand, girls who either get drunk (or only have like, 1-2 drinks) and kiss or make out with another girl, and then act like her boyfriend is crazy when he gets mad, because she thinks it's not cheating if it's either with another girl, or if it's "just flirting"... It is cheating, you are in a committed relationship, if you do this, then you are as much of a cheating asshole as a guy who does it.
bettsyboy

It's only cheating if it's not approved of before hand, but yes, that is cheating.

3: Hitting guys - I mean this, in so many relationships whenever there is a disagreement his first instinct drilled into him is to work it out, her first instinct is to hit him... If you can hit him, then he should be able to hit you back, that's equality.... b*tch
bettsyboy

I think you're overgeneralizing. Our instinct isn't to hit you first. Most I know that do hit first do not hit as much as they slap, which is a lighter than a sock to the face. But hitting in general should not happen and both are idiots.

4: taking your bf's money - We don't care how "cute" that dress is, if you took our money without our permission to buy something (let alone a goddamn shopping spree) then you just bought your way to dumpsville and a possible lawsuit.
bettsyboy

Screw you, that dress is absolutely needed!

Seriously though, you're taking this way to far. My man lets me use his money and he uses mine. This depends on so much context. Who the hell have you been with...? Seriously?

5: the silent treatment - If you are pissed off at a guy over something, then just tell him, because many of my friends have dumped a girl after less than a month into a relationship because they gave them the silent treatment, we don't like it, it's not appreciated, in fact it infuriates us beyond belief, if something is pissing you off, wait till you're alone with him then bring it up.
bettsyboy

Goes both ways.

6: being over-emotional - you can cry during a movie, spend some time dealing with some hard times, that is 100% A-ok with us guys, but if you are angry, you best keep a lid on that shit until it's appropriate, and even when you let it out, you best not just "explode" like so many girls do, that explosion will be the one that blows your relationship to a thousand tiny pieces.
bettsyboy

I don't think you comprehend what estrogen does. It makes us more emotional and how we let it our more than your testosterone-filled body. I've had guys blow up on ME. So it's a situation and personality thing, not a girls thing.

7: send the first text - if you want to talk or text to him, then why don't you send it or make the call? it should be both of you, not just him, who keeps the lines of communication open.
bettsyboy

I agree with this.

8: learn to apologize - "men are wrong" seems to be part of our society's anthem these days and the man has to apologize for everything, but 50% of the time it's often the woman's fault and she is too stubborn to apologize, know when it's your fault and when it's is fault, and apologize when it's yours.
bettsyboy

I don't apologize because I'm always right.

Jk, but seriously though, I do apologize. I'm starting to feel bad that this is all you've dealt with.

9: Periods - we know about periods, we know what they do, by god you best give him a heads up when it's starting, because if he is never told you're on your period and you start freaking out on him, he'll think you're just a bitch and leave, but if you give him that warning, then what you do over the next week or so is officially off the record.
bettsyboy

Agree.

10: number 10, the big one, here it is... NEVER EVER EVER say to your boyfirend "I wish you were more like (ex-boyfriend's name)" or "I wish you did this like (ex-boyfriend's name) i swear to god, if you want us to be more like your ex boyfriend, then get back with him, we don't want to hear about him, we dont want to know about him and if you consider us to be less than him, then you are standing on the platform about to board the "Dumpedville express"
bettsyboy

Agreed.[/QUOTE]

.....either you have been dating too many big booty hos or girls who were queens in highschool and wont let that point in their life fade out (please note: popular girls will let go of that time once out of highschool unless they went to either a small town and their reputation was everything or they got everything handed to them on a silver platter) stop looking for girls in bars and clubs and look at your local gaming store or your local bookstore that isint barns and nobles, or library (then you will have to worry if your klingon is up to date or if you can name every companion)

For #3, since I'm a proud equalist and all, the last time a woman tried to legitimately hit me rather than a playful shove or something. I punched them in the stomach and got given the whole "wow what a piece of shit you hit a woman thing"

I thought this was going to be interesting, instead I found someone looking at stereotypical bad relationships. (Which probably have happened, but are most definitely still a stereotype)

I tend to leave stuff lying everywhere so I was expecting things more like that rather than “most girls do this evil abusive thing”

I will also agree to that, why are women's rooms so messy? Especially younger women's rooms, like in their early 20's where half the furniture has clean, not dirty underwear draped over it when, when it could just be in a drawer

I do it mostly because I’m usually either busy or tired, and occasionally just plain lazy, but mostly because schoolwork really kicked it up a notch this year

All those are pretty true, goddamn.
girls are annoying bitches, wow.

But wait, fr, could it bee?

some... things girls hate that guys do?

1 - talking about the 'crazy' exes. We get it. Either you've just happened to have bad luck and wound up with several 'psycho' girls in a row, or you might even be the one who's causing it all. hmm. That, and no one llikes to hear about the partner you had before me.

2- 'youre not like other girls'. In theory, it was a good shot- who are 'most girls?' trying to make me look like I defy the stereotypical girl isnt cute at all, really. Are other girls not cute, cool, funny? huh.

3- acting hella different with your friends. If this one isnt the doozy. One on one, he's a sweet, funny, nice and chivilrous guy, but if he's with his friends he turns into a brat with a vulgar sense of humor who virtually ignores you the whole time or allows his friends to make sex jokes involving you. Classy.

I'm aro ace and I still find these things utterly infuriating when they come up in the media or my friends' relationships. (Particularly 3,5, and 8) I sometimes believe that at least in part, the reason I'm so adverse to romance is because these paradigms are so readily accepted by society.

Lest we forget when girls wear revealing clothes and then get mad when guys check them out. It might be the asexuality talking but I simply do not understand why this dynamic is considered acceptable. It's the girls' choice to wear that kind of outfit and if she doesn't want straight guys looking at her cleavage/butt/whatever, then she should cover that part of your body, instead of calling the man the problem.

Imagine if an attractive guy was in your class/workplace with his shirt unbuttoned and his abs showing, and some girl took a good long look when she thought he wasn't looking, and the guy saw her and got offended like SHE was somehow in the wrong. It's just-- rrgh.

Double standards go both ways, but they come up a lot more often with men in the limelight and not the other way around.

Mane one about dudes. Balances out like Yin and Yang my dude
Two wrongs don't make a right. It'd be doing the same thing. That's like saying, "Hey, let's make a thread about all the stereotypes about X race, and it's okay if we balance it out with another about Y race."

Two wrongs don't make a right. It'd be doing the same thing. That's like saying, "Hey, let's make a thread about all the stereotypes about X race, and it's okay if we balance it out with another about Y race."
Honestly I'd say that's fair enough

Lest we forget when girls wear revealing clothes and then get mad when guys check them out. It might be the asexuality talking but I simply do not understand why this dynamic is considered acceptable. It's the girls' choice to wear that kind of outfit and if she doesn't want straight guys looking at her cleavage/butt/whatever, then she should cover that part of your body, instead of calling the man the problem.

the problem isint the looking, it's when guys act predatory towards you when you do wear something sexy thats the issue, trying to force you to take drinks, trying to get your number, following you until you threaten to call the cops (then they bitch about how your "overreacting") grinding up on you if you decide to dance without asking first, the constant negging in hopes of sex....I can go on and on and on for this topic, if guys open their shirts, while a girl will look, if she tried to get your number, a "no, I'm married/dating/not interested etc" is usually enough to send them away unless they are legit crazy, unlike guys where the same words are seen as you playing a game that they can win if they just try harder.

the problem isint the looking, it's when guys act predatory towards you when you do wear something sexy thats the issue, trying to force you to take drinks, trying to get your number, following you until you threaten to call the cops (then they bitch about how your "overreacting") grinding up on you if you decide to dance without asking first, the constant negging in hopes of sex....I can go on and on and on for this topic, if guys open their shirts, while a girl will look, if she tried to get your number, a "no, I'm married/dating/not interested etc" is usually enough to send them away unless they are legit crazy, unlike guys where the same words are seen as you playing a game that they can win if they just try harder.
Agreed, hitting on someone is fine, but people should learn to take no for an answer.

Agreed, hitting on someone is fine, but people should learn to take no for an answer.
and women take nos seriously because we are drilled from the moment we can prattle to "dont talk to strangers, dont walk alone at night, keep your eyes on your cup and if you dont, throw it out and dont drink, bring money on first dates and your own car so your not forced into sex in "payment" for your meal or the ride, if a you say no and the guy persists do whatever it takes to escape" etc etc I can qoute this in my sleep because for as long as I can remember I've heard junk like this all the time, and every word is true.

I have never heard the sex as payment thing, christ. I guess some people see it as an obligation? but that sorta makes dating seem like long-winded prostitution, which is sorta fucked up.

I think that's because some people live under the assumption that guys like to chase girls, they like for them to play hard to get and have a challenge. (Agian, Aro Ace here.) I don't understand it; if I wanted a relationship, I'd want it to be built on a real connection, shared likes, dislikes opinions and interests; not how well I could play the other person's mind games and embark on this chase. So apparently there's some cutoff here since guys are supposed to be assertive but they don't realize they're not supposed to be THAT assertive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back