Opinion things boys do that girls hate

Midnightchan123

the Melon Lord!
In the interest of fairness and equality, I'm posting one for the girls, ladies, feel free to add to this. the caps at the end are to highlight the last one so that you dont miss it, please enjoy.

1: posting or sharing our nudes to social media or to friends, seriously, dont spread our bodies to other people, we have trusted you to not do this, and if you do ityour an ass.

2: mansplaining, the act of talking over a woman more experienced then you are on a topic and acting like she knows nothing even though she is a particle physicist and your the janitor (dunno if this has ever happened, it has happened to me on other things, but I dont know any particle physicists, this was just an example)

3: if you do not know the woman and if you dont know if she is serious or trying for some extra foreplay, no means no, sure, some women want you to try harder to get them, but they are the minority

4: if we are dressed in a short skirt, tanktop and heels, we are either looking good for ourselves or someone we are interested in, we are not looking good for you

5: just because a woman says she is a feminist does not mean she is trying to belittle you, attack you, steal your rights or have power over you, she's trying to get equality for herself and others around her, even men

6: if you are a pickup artist, most women are looking for a relationship, not just a quickie with you

7: if you are thinking of learning from a pickup artist, talk to some of the women in your life (free hint: one small thing that she needs done thats personally tailored to her, like helping her fix a broken desk drawer or something will be way more effective then trying to do something huge and grand like a dozen roses and a fancy dinner, this goes for everyone of any gender aswell)

8:if you get into an online relationship, dont try to manipulate her and her friends and pretend you care for nudes(experienced this so many times x.x)

9: periods are part of life, getting to know a woman on her period is part of building a relationship with said woman if your more then friends, you know how you feel when you get man flu? (real thing btw) she is feeling like that and still has to go about her life pretending the grueling cramps dont hurt (why do you think so many woman actors are so good? because periods suck, and unlike getting sick, we need to grin and bear it)

10: last, but certainly not the least: IF YOU HAVENT MADE A MOVE ON HER AND IT'S BEEN MORE THEN 8 MONTHS YOU ARE A FRIEND! SHE EXPECTS YOU TO BE A FRIEND AND UNLESS YOUR LUCKY PROBABLY HAS NO FEELINGS FOR YOU, OR, WONT SAY ANYTHING CAUSE MOST WOMEN WOULD RATHER REMAIN FRIENDS THEN LOOSE SOMEONE THEY CARE ABOUT A LOT, SO, IF YOU WANT TO DATE, TRY AND SHOW YOUR INTEREST WITHIN THE FIRST 7 MONTHS AND DONT YANK HER ALONG IF ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS GETTING IN HER PANTS AND NOT BEING PART OF HER LIFE AS A FRIEND JUST BECAUSE SHE /MIGHT/ CHANGE HER MIND, AND IF SHE DOES, YOUR THE REBOUND! ALSO, EVEN IF YOU DO DATE, YOUR FRIENDSHIP IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS THE ROMANCE! KEEP KINDLING THAT OR YOU WILL LOOSE HER TO SOMEONE ELSE BECAUSE NO WOMAN WANTS TO SPEND HER LIFE WITH SOMEONE WHO CANT BE THERE FOR HER BEYOND SEX AND A DATE! (friendzone only exists because you created it, women dont have zones naturally in their heads, everything is connected to something, so your part of her friend group, not her datable or crush group and /everything/ is semi connected)

While I disagree with a lot of these points (especially 2, and to an extent, 5), I do have something to add:

I absolutely HATE it when men try to agree with me to appease me. I love debates, and I want to have debates about issues such as politics and history with a possible partner. Yet, many men don't want to do that and just agree to appease me. It gets boring. I'm not saying that I want to fight, just a friendly debate.

While I disagree with a lot of these points (especially 2, and to an extent, 5), I do have something to add:

I absolutely HATE it when men try to agree with me to appease me. I love debates, and I want to have debates about issues such as politics and history with a possible partner. Yet, many men don't want to do that and just agree to appease me. It gets boring. I'm not saying that I want to fight, just a friendly debate.
Why do you disagree with them? Ive witnessed all of these and they do happen.

Why do you disagree with them? Ive witnessed all of these and they do happen.
I don't think mansplaininig is a thing. Men can do something of the sort, but no more than women. I've had women 'mansplain' things to me be before. It just seems like an unnecessarily gendered thing.

As for number five, I can see why men would think that. Are all feminists like that? No, but there are plenty who are. And, actions speak louder than words. People are constantly being exposed to feminists like that. They say they don't hate men, but their actions say that they do.

I'm not denying that these things do happen. I just disagree that these are issues that all, or at least most, men do.

I don't think mansplaininig is a thing. Men can do something of the sort, but no more than women. I've had women 'mansplain' things to me be before. It just seems like an unnecessarily gendered thing.

As for number five, I can see why men would think that. Are all feminists like that? No, but there are plenty who are. And, actions speak louder than words. People are constantly being exposed to feminists like that. They say they don't hate men, but their actions say that they do.

I'm not denying that these things do happen. I just disagree that these are issues that all, or at least most, men do.

been busy moving, sorry about the long wait for a reply

anyways, heres the deal with mansplaining, the reason why the word exists is for when men talk over women, but the key part is: they dont apologize, they think they are in the right for critiquing and talking over women and that anything a woman does right is just "sheer dumb luck" they are being demeaning because of the fact that they are male and you are female, when women do it, it's womensplaining (isint used much because well....not very catchy)

and the feminist thing....I've seen a total of 3 feminazi's (and one didnt even realize it) a lot of those videos that people post of feminists are faked, same with accounts, sometimes even pictures of protests (photoshopped to support the who "feminists hate men" thing) so yeah....

been busy moving, sorry about the long wait for a reply

anyways, heres the deal with mansplaining, the reason why the word exists is for when men talk over women, but the key part is: they dont apologize, they think they are in the right for critiquing and talking over women and that anything a woman does right is just "sheer dumb luck" they are being demeaning because of the fact that they are male and you are female, when women do it, it's womensplaining (isint used much because well....not very catchy)

and the feminist thing....I've seen a total of 3 feminazi's (and one didnt even realize it) a lot of those videos that people post of feminists are faked, same with accounts, sometimes even pictures of protests (photoshopped to support the who "feminists hate men" thing) so yeah....

If there is no difference between mansplaining and womansplaining then there is no need to gender it. I just call it being a condescending jerk. They come in men and women. Mansplaining is just a term that is often used to silence men.

Things like "Kill All Men," "Male Tears," "Toxic Masculinity" as well as the quote many feminists (not just feminazis) use is an out of context quote about male genocide, "The future is female," is what makes people think that feminists hate men.

Also, Cassie Jaye, a feminist filmmaker, angered other feminists when she made a movie that highlighted some of the issues that men face.
(Feminist film-maker criticised for making 'balanced' men's rights documentary)

It's a majority of feminists that make people think that feminists hate men.

If there is no difference between mansplaining and womansplaining then there is no need to gender it. I just call it being a condescending jerk. They come in men and women. Mansplaining is just a term that is often used to silence men.

Things like "Kill All Men," "Male Tears," "Toxic Masculinity" as well as the quote many feminists (not just feminazis) use is an out of context quote about male genocide, "The future is female," is what makes people think that feminists hate men.

Also, Cassie Jaye, a feminist filmmaker, angered other feminists when she made a movie that highlighted some of the issues that men face.
(Feminist film-maker criticised for making 'balanced' men's rights documentary)

It's a majority of feminists that make people think that feminists hate men.

please read this through, I can't tl;dr this

I know mens tears is used as an internet debate thing by feminists who are proving their points and mras or misogynists are doubling down because they are angry that a female has something to say that *gasp* happens to be true! I've never seen it used outside of "feminists" who genuinely want males to die (and I have seen few of those) and the kill all men is again, a "feminist" thing but toxic masculinity? oh man, that exists and it's real and it's perpetrated to every generation, things like being forced to hide your emotions? toxic masculinity being told your a I'm uncultured for liking something feminine? toxic masculinity being told your girlfriend cant be stronger then you are and if she is your a pussy who needs to toughen up? again, toxic masculinity, one of feminists goals is to teach the men in our lives and in the public that they can show their emotions, enjoy what they want, that they don't have to be a stereotypical man who can change a tire but burns a pan to a crisp when trying to cook ramen, they can learn how to change a tire and do their oil and can cook a thanksgiving turkey to perfection (I firmly believe that all genders should know how to cook and take care of a car without a mechanic)

on the whole filmmaker thing? I dunno, the thing is, from what I can tell, the backlash is because 1: people see the film as being biased because a mra activist donated ten thousand dollars and that Milo Yiannopoulos, while he was still at breitbart was supporting it as well (she also said that Milo wasn't supporting the film, but that could have been to prevent backlash, Milo hasn't said anything on the subject from what I have seen) 2: she fails to comment on, or even talk to mras and red pills who have taken extremists actions.

and 3: this is the /biggest/ thing that makes me a little wary about her movie (only this, the other two were taken from wikipedia) is the fact that she ditched being a feminist to be able to advocate for mens rights aswell, now, advocating for mens rights is good, I advocate for them myself, but if she believes she has to leave feminism to be able to advocate for a group who isn't female she doesn't seem to understand what a feminist is, simply put: feminists are for equality for everyone! everyone gets an equal chance at succeeding at life, no one has to hide their feelings, healthcare is available for everyone regardless of gender or social and economic status, you can marry whomever you want as long as both parties consent and are of age.

so, you said you had issues with other stuff? what could those stuff be? do you have your own list?

I know mens tears is used as an internet debate thing by feminists who are proving their points and mras or misogynists are doubling down because they are angry that a female has something to say that *gasp* happens to be true! I've never seen it used outside of "feminists" who genuinely want males to die (and I have seen few of those) and the kill all men is again, a "feminist" thing but toxic masculinity? oh man, that exists and it's real and it's perpetrated to every generation, things like being forced to hide your emotions? toxic masculinity being told your a I'm uncultured for liking something feminine? toxic masculinity being told your girlfriend cant be stronger then you are and if she is your a pussy who needs to toughen up? again, toxic masculinity, one of feminists goals is to teach the men in our lives and in the public that they can show their emotions, enjoy what they want, that they don't have to be a stereotypical man who can change a tire but burns a pan to a crisp when trying to cook ramen, they can learn how to change a tire and do their oil and can cook a thanksgiving turkey to perfection (I firmly believe that all genders should know how to cook and take care of a car without a mechanic)

on the whole filmmaker thing? I dunno, the thing is, from what I can tell, the backlash is because 1: people see the film as being biased because a mra activist donated ten thousand dollars and that Milo Yiannopoulos, while he was still at breitbart was supporting it as well (she also said that Milo wasn't supporting the film, but that could have been to prevent backlash, Milo hasn't said anything on the subject from what I have seen) 2: she fails to comment on, or even talk to mras and red pills who have taken extremists actions.

and 3: this is the /biggest/ thing that makes me a little wary about her movie (only this, the other two were taken from wikipedia) is the fact that she ditched being a feminist to be able to advocate for mens rights aswell, now, advocating for mens rights is good, I advocate for them myself, but if she believes she has to leave feminism to be able to advocate for a group who isn't female she doesn't seem to understand what a feminist is, simply put: feminists are for equality for everyone! everyone gets an equal chance at succeeding at life, no one has to hide their feelings, healthcare is available for everyone regardless of gender or social and economic status, you can marry whomever you want as long as both parties consent and are of age.

so, you said you had issues with other stuff? what could those stuff be? do you have your own list?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you equate MRA's and misogynists? Because they are not the same thing. I have yet to see anyone who identifies as an MRA who is also a misogynist. MGTOWs, for the most part, are. But they are not they same thing.

Toxic masculinity is BS. I've often seen it used to blame the big bad patriarchy for men's problems. It's often just used to victim blame men. Men and women are different. We express our emotions differently. But sometimes men do hurt. And they want to talk about the high numbers of male suicide. And when they do, who is there to call them "fucking scum?" Feminists.

People do talk like girlfriends can't be stronger and they're dicks. People do say men need to toughen up and they're dicks. It's not toxic masculinity.

MRA donated to the movie because they were glad to see a movie that was finally talking about men's issues that are constantly swept under the rug, like:
-men receiving longer prison sentences for the same crime
-Female bias in parental custody battles
-male suicide rates
-the fact that men are continuing to fall behind in education

She left feminism because she discovered the toxicity of feminism when you begin to question the narrative, and when you disagree with them. You cannot bring up the fact that the wage gap is a myth. You cannot be a feminist if you're pro-life. You cannot be a feminist if you're a republican. You cannot point out flaws in feminist logic. If you are, you are shunned and shamed. That's why I left feminism. I was exposed to the worst of it.

Christina Hoff Sommers is a feminist, who advocates for men's rights. She wrote a book on how feminsm has hurt men. However, she's hated by feminists.

Laci Green was immediately attacked because she made a video where she spoke about being willing to listen to people who are on the opposite end of the political spectrum.

Can you name some of the MRA's and red pills who have taken extremist actions?

I am well aware that the dictionary states that feminism is about equality. Actions speak louder than words. From everything I have seen, I don't witness equality. I witness female supremacy disguised as equality. It worships people like Lena Dunham (who admitted to molesting her sister) and Linda Sarsour (who told Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a victim of genitle mutilation, that she doesn't deserve to be a woman). I believe in equality. I don't believe in feminism.

I'm glad that you care about men, but many feminists don't. And they will happily call themselves feminists.

If you care about everyone getting an equal chance, then end quotas that make it harder for men to get jobs so the company has an equal amount of men and women. From what I've seen, feminism doesn't care about equality of opportunity (what is really important) and more on equality of outcome (50% men and 50% women).

Less and less women are identifying as feminists, despite believing in gender equality. Because we don't view feminism as equality.

What drives me nuts is when they leave the toilet seat up. I'm constantly yelling at my dad for that and when they don't clean up after themselves leaving dirty dishes all over

rape sucks. not that only men do it but...mostly men do it, so i guess it applies.
Rapists have no gender. It is not some kind of gendered issue. It is not Men versus women, it is rapists versus good people. Most men are not rapists. Just like most women aren't rapists.

Rapists have no gender. It is not some kind of gendered issue. It is not Men versus women, it is rapists versus good people. Most men are not rapists. Just like most women aren't rapists.

Most men aren't rapists, but some rapists do have issues with hatred towards women, which is a gendered issue. Of course, other things also play in like aggression and dominance issues, but it does go under gender violence.

In the interest of fairness and equality, I'm posting one for the girls, ladies, feel free to add to this. the caps at the end are to highlight the last one so that you dont miss it, please enjoy.

Love it! I recall the other thread and we didn't have one for ourselves. :)

1: posting or sharing our nudes to social media or to friends, seriously, dont spread our bodies to other people, we have trusted you to not do this, and if you do ityour an ass.

Dear, girls do this also. I can't tell you the amount of male nudes I've seen and male bodies objectified by fellow women.

2: mansplaining, the act of talking over a woman more experienced then you are on a topic and acting like she knows nothing even though she is a particle physicist and your the janitor (dunno if this has ever happened, it has happened to me on other things, but I dont know any particle physicists, this was just an example)

There's no such thing as mansplaining, it's just explaining and it goes both ways. I think you're also providing an extraordinarily extreme and seldom example that will almost never happen save for that one ass hole who would do it regardless if you're a women.

3: if you do not know the woman and if you dont know if she is serious or trying for some extra foreplay, no means no, sure, some women want you to try harder to get them, but they are the minority

Valid, but goes both ways.

4: if we are dressed in a short skirt, tanktop and heels, we are either looking good for ourselves or someone we are interested in, we are not looking good for you

Agreed. Though I've easily been called a slut for this or a whore.

5: just because a woman says she is a feminist does not mean she is trying to belittle you, attack you, steal your rights or have power over you, she's trying to get equality for herself and others around her, even men

A feminist by nature isn't fighting for equality, that would be an egalitarian. A feminist is someone who is one-sided in the fight for equal rights. If you fight for overall equality, it isn't feminism. Please use the correct words for the language we've all agreed upon.

6: if you are a pickup artist, most women are looking for a relationship, not just a quickie with you

Well, that depends, right? How can you quantify such a claim? You should only speak for yourself.

7: if you are thinking of learning from a pickup artist, talk to some of the women in your life (free hint: one small thing that she needs done thats personally tailored to her, like helping her fix a broken desk drawer or something will be way more effective then trying to do something huge and grand like a dozen roses and a fancy dinner, this goes for everyone of any gender aswell)

Agreed.

8:if you get into an online relationship, dont try to manipulate her and her friends and pretend you care for nudes(experienced this so many times x.x)

Agreed.

9: periods are part of life, getting to know a woman on her period is part of building a relationship with said woman if your more then friends, you know how you feel when you get man flu? (real thing btw) she is feeling like that and still has to go about her life pretending the grueling cramps dont hurt (why do you think so many woman actors are so good? because periods suck, and unlike getting sick, we need to grin and bear it)

While this is true, it doesn't hurt to inform he man and say "hey, just letting you know, I'm on my period", as it gives them some heads up not to piss either of us off.

10: last, but certainly not the least: IF YOU HAVENT MADE A MOVE ON HER AND IT'S BEEN MORE THEN 8 MONTHS YOU ARE A FRIEND! SHE EXPECTS YOU TO BE A FRIEND AND UNLESS YOUR LUCKY PROBABLY HAS NO FEELINGS FOR YOU, OR, WONT SAY ANYTHING CAUSE MOST WOMEN WOULD RATHER REMAIN FRIENDS THEN LOOSE SOMEONE THEY CARE ABOUT A LOT, SO, IF YOU WANT TO DATE, TRY AND SHOW YOUR INTEREST WITHIN THE FIRST 7 MONTHS AND DONT YANK HER ALONG IF ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS GETTING IN HER PANTS AND NOT BEING PART OF HER LIFE AS A FRIEND JUST BECAUSE SHE /MIGHT/ CHANGE HER MIND, AND IF SHE DOES, YOUR THE REBOUND! ALSO, EVEN IF YOU DO DATE, YOUR FRIENDSHIP IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS THE ROMANCE! KEEP KINDLING THAT OR YOU WILL LOOSE HER TO SOMEONE ELSE BECAUSE NO WOMAN WANTS TO SPEND HER LIFE WITH SOMEONE WHO CANT BE THERE FOR HER BEYOND SEX AND A DATE! (friendzone only exists because you created it, women dont have zones naturally in their heads, everything is connected to something, so your part of her friend group, not her datable or crush group and /everything/ is semi connected)

This was a pain to read, honestly.

Most men aren't rapists, but some rapists do have issues with hatred towards women, which is a gendered issue. Of course, other things also play in like aggression and dominance issues, but it does go under gender violence.
Some men do hate women, just like some women hate men. There is no difference in that both are awful. There are women who rape women. There are men who rape men. There are women who rape men. There are men who rape women. It's not a gendered issue. Besides, it has been shown that men are less likely to come foreword when they have been rapes. And honestly, I feel like it comes from attitudes like this. Rapists want to feel dominant over others, and women can also want to feel dominant. Again:

It's not men versus women. It's decent people versus rapists.

Love it! I recall the other thread and we didn't have one for ourselves. :)

Dear, girls do this also. I can't tell you the amount of male nudes I've seen and male bodies objectified by fellow women.

There's no such thing as mansplaining, it's just explaining and it goes both ways. I think you're also providing an extraordinarily extreme and seldom example that will almost never happen save for that one ass hole who would do it regardless if you're a women.

Valid, but goes both ways.

Agreed. Though I've easily been called a slut for this or a whore.

A feminist by nature isn't fighting for equality, that would be an egalitarian. A feminist is someone who is one-sided in the fight for equal rights. If you fight for overall equality, it isn't feminism. Please use the correct words for the language we've all agreed upon.

Well, that depends, right? How can you quantify such a claim? You should only speak for yourself.

Agreed.

Agreed.

While this is true, it doesn't hurt to inform he man and say "hey, just letting you know, I'm on my period", as it gives them some heads up not to piss either of us off.

This was a pain to read, honestly.
It's always nice to meet an egalitarian. Sometimes I feel like there's so few.

Some men do hate women, just like some women hate men. There is no difference in that both are awful. There are women who rape women. There are men who rape men. There are women who rape men. There are men who rape women. It's not a gendered issue. Besides, it has been shown that men are less likely to come foreword when they have been rapes. And honestly, I feel like it comes from attitudes like this. Rapists want to feel dominant over others, and women can also want to feel dominant. Again:

It's not men versus women. It's decent people versus rapists.

Hum, you're right. It's weird how the UNFPA classifies it under gender violence.

Female bias is everywhere except in places where sexism is still institutionalized. How ironic.
Well, in the West there is no institutionalized sexism. There is a ton of female bias. Like how the number of women's abuse shelters is much higher than the number for men. Or the fact that woman tend to get less jail time than men for the exact same crime. Or the bias towards women in child custody battles.

To be the devil's advocate, the particle physicist vs. janitor example actually pretty closely resembles something that really happened except he was the host for the panel, not a janitor. If we're talking about men over-explaining things to women, there are some pretty funny examples, like this one where a guy mansplained Deadpool to someone who worked on it. No doubt women do it too, but I think it's more noticeable when men do it, since it comes with the implication that the person being over-explained to surely must have no knowledge of the topic, which is insulting - and something you're probably very sensitive to as a woman. Maybe men aren't always as quick to notice that they're being insulted? I don't know why the disparity. I'm usually pretty amused by cases of "mansplaining" though, lol. The only time I can ever recall having this done to me personally was by my father, so I'm not going to posit an argument on this either way.

But uh, as for the rape one... rape is a gendered issue. Period, end of story. That is a fact, not an opinion. Yes, both men and women sexually assault and rape both men and women. Sexual, domestic, or otherwise intimate violence against men is not taken seriously enough for many reasons and it's unfair and anyone who claims to care about gender equality and justice, regardless of the label they use, should be concerned about it. And we probably don't have accurate statistics because many people, men and women, don't report rape for many reasons. And of course, the statistics also change when you take into account the military, prisons, race, age, gender/orientation, etc. But ultimately, as far as we can discern, men are significantly less likely to be sexually assaulted than women. To be exact, 1/6 women are likely to be raped in their lifetimes while 1/33 men are likely to be raped in their lifetimes (I know that chance increases for college-aged women, I'd assume it increases for men as well; again, these chances change for more specific demographics). According to this site (which cites where the statistics come from, so you can do more in depth research if you like), of men who were assaulted as children, 62% of their perpetrators were men. For women, this percentage was 92%. There's also a poorly worded statistic that says 96% of rapes perpetrated against women in the military are by military men, but I'm not going to harp too heavily on that one because of the wording. But overall, 98.1% of perpetrators who raped women were men, and 93% of perpetrators who raped men were also men. To sum it up, "Rapists are almost always (98%) men (Sedgwick, 2006)."

This is not a debate.

The bias towards women in child custody battles is definitely significant, though. And often dangerous and unfair. I haven't heard the jail time statistic, but I'd argue that the same applies there. As for the shelters... While men's abuse shelters are necessary and helpful, I'd imagine there are far more for women because women are disproportionately affected by abuse. I'd guess that there's more widespread need for women's shelters than men's. (In a perfect world, according to me, there'd be plenty of both so that everyone who needs the resources can have easy access to them, but alas.) That's not to say that a lack of care for the abuse of men doesn't play a factor there too, though. It probably does. That's just my conjecturing.

As for my own pet peeves... the only one I can think of is a serious lack of empathy or taking things seriously. To be fair, that was in high school, but talking to almost any boy in high school about anything serious was like talking to a wall. Even more frustrating, actually, because they'd laugh at you and make fun of you. Not even just talking to them provoked this behavior... many were openly and casually homophobic (to other boys) or objectifying (to the girls). They preferred partying and screwing around over their academics and schooling (which was also often because they were filthy rich). Endlessly frustrating.

I don't go to a co-ed college, so the only guys I interact with nowadays are my friends and so I don't have any general pet peeves specific to them as a gender.

I know plenty of women that wouldn't want to date a guy weaker than them. Would you consider that "toxic femininity"?

I know plenty of women that wouldn't want to date a guy weaker than them. Would you consider that "toxic femininity"?

No, your prefference on how you date is up to you, toxic femininity/masculinity isint based on who you date, it's based on who you choose to be as a person, a person who strives to be societies frankly outdated view point (ie: musclebound meathead with a fancy sports car, says "alpha male" type stuff and hits on every single person at the bar...but in reality you would rather be at home watching documentaries or reading a book...but you wont because you believe that this is what you needto be....or you just ignore all feelings and firmly believe it's this way or the highway and continue to be that ass at the bar)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back