• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Things about the Lati you may not have known

Latios

The only Black Latios
Since my biggest characters are Lati and much of this RP revolves around them, I thought I'd put together a list of thing that most don't know. Be sure to watch the movie "Pokemon: Heroes" before hand as much of this info comes from there as well as the games and maybe a few episodes.

(this will gradually get done, time to do these things are limited for me)

Basic Info

The Lati are Legendary (or for all you nerds who argue about everything, Mythical) Pokemon which you probably already know. There is Latios, the male form, and Latias, the female form. But this is a topic about mostly unknown things, so lets move on.

Illusion abilities

Using glass like feathers covering their body, and with some psychic powers, they can bend light and make Illusions. At lest, that's what the Pokedex says, which is not always true (example, Gardevoir can make black holes  O.o ).

Their most basic illusion they have is invisibility. Kinda self explanatory. Though their not completely invisible. You can see just a tiny amount of reflection like looking at glass. Though that may have been for movie purposes so the viewer knew where they were, the characters seemed oblivious even when they were right in front of them.

But what's illusions without illusions. Using this ability they can make themselves look like humans. And I guess also feel like illusion is real because when Latias grabbed Ash's hand I think he would have known that he was holding onto a claw instead of a hand, even with gloves. Not to mention that her wings would be slapping him in the face as she pulled him through the streets. Even though Latias copies the form of another human that showed up in the movie, I think its safe to assume they can customize the human form. And most likely they aren't limited to humans if they can make themselves look and feel like them.

Special Moves

Like most Legendaries, each has their own special move exclusive to them. The same applies to the Lati, though it's different for both Latias and Latios.

Latios's special move is called Luster Purge. Basically a works the same as Hyper Beam but doesn't require a recharge. It is less powerful than Hyper Beam but it can temporarily blind to foe it hits. 

Latias's special move is called Mist Ball. Works the same as the move Shadow Ball (or any other 'ball' move). However, when it hits its target, or anything in general for that matter, it explodes into a cloud of mist. (No, it doesn't disintegrate into a cloud at the slightest touch. It is quite solid an will have an impact before exploding.) Latias can control a special aspect of the most however. She can choose whether or not it will drain the energy of whatever is inside the cloud. (No, it's not a life lech, she doesn't get their energy, they just lose theirs and eventually faint if they stay in it.)  

Soul Dew

A Soul Dew is a spherical jewel that is created when a Lati dies in a special way. This mostly happens when the Lati gives their live for a greater cause, aka sacrifice. The Soul Dew holds the "being" of the one who died. You could say in a sense that they live on inside the jewel. The Soul Dew ranges in size, shape, and color. Not to mention they glow. In order to preserve a Soul Dew, it must be able to rest. This is pretty much done by not using it. Which I'll explain next. If it isn't allowed to rest, when all its energy has been drained. It will shatter and catastrophically effect the area around it. (Example, in the movie, when it broke it made a Tsunami.)

The Soul Dew grants those who touch it with wisdom from the one inside. Mainly shown in memories/visions. It can also give a Lati who wields it unspeakable power in battle. Though useing it's power will diminish its strength and may shatter because of it. If it is used it can be restored by letting is rest. The soul dew can also affect the surrounding area with its power. Keeping the wildlife around it in prefect harmony, though in order to do this it must be able to rest non-stop. Otherwise it wise diminishe its power quickly. Normally when a soul dew is used for this it's normally kept at a special alter. The effects are not instant however. It will do things like, increase plant growth rate, maintain the flow of rivers, and keep the vegetation around it in check.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Assailant @Daisie 

For the most part this is done. But if I left anything out which you are unsure of or are just wondering, ask me.

(I probably did leave things out, such is how my mind works.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back