• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy They're Here (IC)

( I'll be sending a post out once wrvng posts their spicy post, it would make more sense since technically Danaper already asked a question and it would be weird If one of my characters randomly cut in

( I'll be sending a post out once wrvng posts their spicy post, it would make more sense since technically Danaper already asked a question and it would be weird If one of my characters randomly cut in
Is it cool if she uses a knife to cut the meat?//

(redoing my post)

Danaper notices that Raine made a comment on his background, and he started to wonder if she was abused as a child, then he remembered something. "Wait, are you the little girl I saw with the large bruise on your leg at the store grabbing something off of the shelf, I remember seeing you I think when I ran away from my home when I was 16." He realized he probably should not have made that comment, so he went silent after that.

The man nodded when Raine asked to use a knife and handed her one after picking it up off of a shelf. "Put it back after youre finished."

Peter heard the question Danaper asked Raine and cringed. Definitely not something you should ask someone, but he didn't want to interfere. Maybe she would be ok with it? He kept sketching, and started going through hand drawn maps afterward. They couldn't go back to the town after they left the cabin. They could go to the city? Or maybe bandits trail. He didn't know what was up on bandits trail though...

Last edited:
Jun accepted the painkillers, taking a few and washing them down with the water beside him. He'd have to apologize for the mess that he had made when he could actually think straight again... poor floor...

It wasn't much later when Jun was asleep again. His arm had fallen from covering his eyes, the lighting scar running from his face to his arm making it clear what blinded the man.

With the old man’s permission, Raine grabbed the knife off the shelf and began slicing the meat into several thin slabs. She grabbed her bag and pulled out a couple ziplock bags filled with different herbs, nuts, and other plants and flowers; setting it on the table next to the meat.

Danaper’s sudden outburst brought an awkward silence in the room. Everyone was silent, yet listening for her response. She let out a sigh as she moved to the fire and began cooking the meat over a skillet. “I have no idea what you’re talking about...” Raine hadn’t recognized him when she first seen him so why does he seem to be familiar with her? Then it clicked. When she was around ten years old, there was a guy at the local grocery store who stepped in when Raine’s foster mom raised a hand at her. Back then, Raine didn’t understand why the man stood up for her that day, nobody ever did. But now, she knew why.

“You know.. you were the first person to actually speak on it. The students, teachers, and random people walking on the street... they all knew. And yet they turned a blind eye and ignored the signs because they thought I was a troubled kid.” Raine scoffed, she kept her hands busy by wrapping a herb around the meat. “If your parents don’t want you then you must be a troublesome kid. That’s their logic.”

Raine placed the meat inside a skillet and set it over the fire. She returned to the table and began crushing and grinding the different leaves, plants, and fruits up using it as a natural seasoning for the meat. “Anyways...” she sat down by the fire and watched the meat sizzling on the skillet. “Let’s change the subject shall we?”

He also wanted to change the subject, so he said something else. "We will have to leave here eventually, I need ammunition, and yes I can keep using my bayonet as a sword but my marksman rifle is my best weapon since I'm more of a sharpshooter than a medieval knight." Danaper began to crave human meat, his addiction was coming at him again, and he couldn't resist, so he unzipped his military backpack and took the meat out, about to cook it over the fire.

"please refrain from cooking your people meat over my fire if that's what it is." The man said, remembering Danaper offering human meat to him.

"There are a few options of where we can go..." Peter said, moving back slowly back toward the group now that the subject had changed. He put down the maps he had drawn a while ago. "I know the city has a lot of people that might be able to help us, but most of them are guarding the hospital, so it's probably less than a 30% chance we will get help. There's bandits trail, which I'm not sure what's up there. It got it's name for a reason though, and it might be dangerous. There's also the village, but I heard they were aggressive toward newcomers and thats not very good. Other than that there's the gas station and the well, but I don't see what we would get done there. Any ideas or other places I'm missing?"

Raine nodded her head in agreement, flipping the meat and adding the natural seasoning to the other side. Eventually, the aroma of meat filled the room. Her stomach groaned, longing for the taste of the food in front of her. But she had to be patient.

She tuned into the conversation with the others, and silently agreed that they couldn’t stay here for very long. The only problem with leaving soon that she could think of is Jun. His legs will need time to heal it may be a little while before he could handle the harsh winter weather.

“I can’t think of anywhere else. All of the options are kinda shitty but we have to be able to have access to food, water, and other supplies.” Raine stated the obvious and continued, “maybe the city will have canned food and water stored up somewhere. And the bandits. They must have a shit ton of supplies from robbing people walking along the trails. If we’re feeling lucky we can outsmart and overpower them and take their stash.”

When Danaper heard the word's bandits trail his head perked up. "I'm a marauder I've dealt with those guys before, most of them fear me some of them hate me, but I used to hang out around there, by used to I mean just a month ago. I think the safest option would be bandit's trail. Up there they have food and supplies, maybe we could "Borrow" them, in other words kill a few bandits and steal their stash, we don't need to outsmart them we just need to out strong them, is that even a word, out strong, I don't know but we are probably stronger than them." Danaper puts away the human meat and puts his gas mask on. "Maybe the nice man would like to come with us even?"

"yeah maybe..." Peter said, thinking about it.

"Oooh bandits trail, Ive been there before, those people are messed up. Somethings off with them, I dunno what though." The man said.

"... What's your name by the way?" Peter asked the guy who brought them in.

He paused for a moment as if contemplating not telling them. "...Easton..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back