• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy They're Here (IC)

Mico also went to the fireplace, warming up is all she wanted to do. "I'm Mico." she said to them. Mico thought if it was a good idea to stay in this group, a group where if they learned who she was she would be dead. And humans often were mimicked by the creatures, and killed by the creatures.

Mico decided to stay with them, but not get too friendly. The worst part was that in this group she couldn't use her main and almost only weapon, shapeshifting. She decided to worry about that later, like when they weren't wet and freezing.

/I'm not going to be able to post this weekend. I'm going camping with my fam, sorry/

Danaper accepts a drink of the water, then says "I'll let you know about the gas mask after I change into another military uniform." He goes to the bathroom and changes into his second pair of military clothes. He then dries off his other clothes before putting them in his bag and walking out into the room. He thought about the gas mask question then answered the best he could.

"The gas mask is to hide my past, I was abused as a kid, ran away when I wasn't 18, joined the military, there's a lot more details but I don't think they are as important. Other than that the gas mask looks awesome in my opinion along with it protecting me from poisonous chemicals." He set his marksman rifle and sheathe along with the bayonet sword in the corner of the room where he was asked to put his weapons. He turned to the tall man. "Thank you for your hospitality, I assume you know who I am, or at least heard of the Marauder of the Forest, some people call me that, maybe now I won't have to be a marauder, since I have these guys watching my back, but it takes a lot to kill bad habits. And another thing, I have a bad addiction to human meat, but I am not going to eat anyone here, not after all you guys and girls have done for me." He sat down next to the fire place and looked straight into the fire.

"you can cook what you want." The man said when Raine asked if she could cook her meat. The man walked over and took the pot of water off of the fire, and went to do something that Peter couldn't see.

Peter flinched as Raine sat in between him and Danaper. She wasn't too close or anything, he had just been spacing out at the fire and for some reason forgot that he was with people. Raine offered water from her flask, and he smiled. "No, thank you." He had his own water, but the fact she offered some to total strangers was generous.

After Danaper had come back from changing, he stood and grabbed his cloths from his bag. He realized he still had his weapons on him and put them near the other weapons before going into the bathroom and closing the door. He changed into new cloths quickly, and came back out as Danaper was talking about himself. He was a little surprised he was so comfortable sharing his past, but instead of saying anything, he lay his wet cloths near the fireplace to dry and sat down again.

The man stared at Danaper for a moment, a bit shocked by all the information. "Yeah no problem.." he mutters as he was thanked for the hospitality. "Never heard of Marauder Of The Forest or whatever the heck that is though..." He muttered to himself, so quiet it was barely audible. He came back to the group of people with cups, handing them to each person. He left afterward and sat in a corner, where a old chair was.

Peter looked down at the cup. It was tea. He took a sip and the warmth made him feel ten times better. "Thank you." He said to the stranger, although he wasn't sure if the man heard because he didn't respond. Peter kept drinking the tea.

((d a m n sorry! I've been busy and haven't gotten notifs!

Jun made sure the bookshelf had been closed, curious as to why one of his steps was replaced with a heavy metal clank. He took a seat near the fireplace as well, shedding his pack and coat once more. As he began to warm up, Jun thought it would be a good idea to investigate the source of the sound and odd weight. Taking his gloves off now too, the man felt around his leg, shoving large clumps of snow off. Snow that he couldn't see was bright red.

He froze as his hands passed over the frigid metal jaws of an old bear trap clamped onto his leg. How could he have not felt that the entire time?? He began to tear off the bandages around his eyes, the difference in the light making him slow down for a moment. He could barely see, but it was definitely not good.

Danaper turned to Jun while drinking his tea, then saw the bear trap on his leg. "Don't touch it, I've stepped in more than one of these in the Army, it's not the best trap but it's not as bad as getting blown up by a mine, stand still, I can get it off." Danaper carefully takes the bear trap off of his leg and yells "Hey do you have any bandages for this mans leg?"

Danaper quickly puts pressure on the leg so it doesn't bleed as badly. "I may not have been a Medic in the Army but we were trained on how to get traps like these off of people, along with being trained how to clean wounds not as severe as a mine blowing up your legs."

Peters eyes widened at the sight of a bear trap on Juns leg. When it was removed he saw the bloody mess. Peter went rummaging through his bag quickly, taking out a bottle of alcohol-which he only used for disinfecting wounds- and a ball of bandages. He moved over to Jun with the alcohol. "Sorry this might hurt a lot..." He said. Peter slowly poured a bit of the alcohol over the wound.

The man who had invited them to the cabin also stood and came back with a stitching kit. "I know how to stitch wounds." He said.

((Glad to have you back!

The room went silent after Danaper openly told them about his past. Honestly, it shocked Raine that he was able to talk about it with complete strangers. Some people are just more open than others. He was much stronger mentally than her. Raine never allowed anyone to get close enough to talk about her past. She constantly avoided the conversation and would distance herself from the people who pricked and pried. It was a hard subject to talk about, especially now that her siblings were...

Raine tore her eyes away from Danaper and stared into the flames. She didn’t want to think about it. Not now, and probably not ever. For a moment, her eyes was filled with a hurricane of different emotions. Sadness. Anger. Regret.. Just as quickly as the emotions came, they vanished just as fast. Her usual poker face returned as if it never left.

“People are assholes. I’m sorry you had to go through that.” Raine didn’t have the guts to tell him that she too had been abused. That would mean she’d have to give him her whole background story, and that was too much. It would trigger way too many neglected emotions and would most likely trigger her cursed ability. Something nobody in the group needed right now.

Raine opened up her bag and pulled out a large chunk of meat that was wrapped up in bloody cloth. It was in everyone’s best interest that she kept herself busy and distracted from her thoughts. “I’ll get supper ready for everyone.” Raine began cleaning the meat while humming a tune. “May I use a kni-“ The panicked voices in the room caught her attention immediately. She turned around and faced the others who were crowded around a man with a bear trap stuck to his leg.

Immediately Raine jumped into action as Danaper began to calm the man down as he prepared to open up the bear trap. She grabbed a belt and rag from her bag and tied the leather strap tightly around the man’s leg to keep him from bleeding out. Raine placed the rag in his mouth for him to bite down on and laid his head in her lap while holding his hand. “You’re going to be okay, everything is going to be okay.” Raine attempted to comfort the man as the others worked on his leg. They had everything covered so it was all she could do.

Jun had dealt with situations similar to and much worse than what was currently unfolding before him, but it was still scary. The feeling had begun to return to his body as the fire melted away the cold, making the damage done by the trap more known. Keeping himself under control was going to be much harder.

He tried to steady his breathing, focusing on Raine's voice and hand. As the trap was slowly opened, Jun realized how truly impossible it was to not focus on the pain. He bit down hard on the rag in his mouth, biting back a cry. Though, when Peter poured the alcohol over the wound, he wasn't as successful.

A muffled wail and eyes closed tight, the burning sensation was not something he was ready for. In fact, by the time the pain had begun to subside, Jun blacked out.

Raine felt the man’s head go limp in her lap and looked up at others who were taking care of his leg. “Guys he’s out cold. We should try and sew him up quickly before he regains consciousness.” Raine paused and looked down at the blind man in her lap. “The less he feels, the better.”

The man who still hasn't said his name came over quickly with his sewing supplies, threading the needle. He started to stitch the wounds thoroughly and was done within 10 minutes or so. "Bandages." He said, then stood and walked away without another word.

Peter unrolled some bandages and wrapped them tightly around the wounded area. After he was finished he put the rest of the bandages away. "Is he ok?"

Jun wasn't out for long, but luckily long enough for the group to work. When he came to, he was confused for a moment seeing as the bandage wasn't around his eyes like usual. Then the pain hit him.

Jun tensed up, thankful the bandage hadn't fallen out of his mouth now that he was biting down on it again. Seriously, how had he not noticed a bear trap snap onto his leg?!

Raine looked down on the unconscious man in her lap and wiped the sweat from off his forehead. “He should be fine. It’s just hard to go through this stuff without anesthetics to numb the pain.” Raine remembered the time where she got injured during a run for supplies. She drank alcohol until the pain was gone. Unfortunately, she also wasn’t sober enough to stitch up her own wound properly. Back then, her siblings were still alive so they did it for her. She noticed Jun’s eyes flicker open and let out a sigh. “Can someone get the pain killers and my flask from my bag? It should be the little pocket.”

/I'm back/

"I can." Mico said then got up and went to Jun's bag. She looked in the little pocket then got the painkillers and flask, then Mico went to Jun and handed him the two things "here" she said. Then Mico went back to where she was sitting near the fire, then looked in her backpack for something.

(wb!)

Peter was tired. Now that most of the chaos was over and the adrenaline that had been keeping him going was wearing off, the soreness of being hit by the trap and running for such a long time was making itself clear. He wouldn't be surprised if he had a few cracked ribs, the trap hit him pretty hard and it hurt a lot more than necessary, but he didn't mention it and instead moved to his backpack. He searched for a moment before pulling out a notebook and a pencil, starting to draw like he usually did.

The man came back into the room, the blood from stitching no longer on his hands, and holding two pillows and a blanket. "If you don't mind, I'd like to ask where all of you came from. I haven't seen a group this big in months, and usually at least one of them is a creature." He said, walking over to Jun and placing a pillow under his wounded leg to elevate it. He then tossed the pillow and blanket on the floor next to him, as an option for the injured man to rest.

A burning sensation spread through his leg, feeling like knives when the man slid a pillow underneath. It would be a while before he could walk again and that was something he couldn't, no, they couldn't risk. He was a liability. Jun tried to push the thought away, draping an arm over his eyes to block out the light. He had had the bandages for so long that any light was blinding. The fact that he could still see through the other eye was a miracle.

"Town," Jun forced, his voice quiet. "Monsters, grouped, ran, now here." He summarized their situation, although poorly. Now he was debating whether or not to grab the blanket and try to pull it over himself. ... ... No, just the pillow.

He reached for the pillow, biting back a whine when his movements messed with his leg, but the pillow under his head was worth it.

Danaper turned his head to look at Raine, feeling like something was off. He thought about if he should say something or not, then decided that he should, he didn't know how but he could just tell she was in pain. He said something he probably shouldn't have said, but since it seemed off when she responded to his background story he realized she may have been abused as a child. "I'm guessing you were abused as a child? Wait, wait are you Raine? Raine Blackwoods? I met you at a store once, you worked there remember? It was just after I had ran away after I realized my rebellion against my parents was getting nowhere." He then realized he probably said to much.

(I changed my characters actions, and I made my post longer so it wasn't a one liner.)

Last edited:
After getting Jun situated and Mico handing her the pain killers and some water, Raine kneeled beside the partially blind man and poured a couple pills from the bottle into his hand. “Take these, you’ll definitely need it.” Raine muttered the last part and set the flask of water and bottle of pain killers next to Jun. “If anyone needs any the bottle is right here.” Raine offered the others.

She stood up and stretched out her legs and arms letting out a sigh. Raine had been so worked up by the unexpected incident, that she didn’t even notice the feeling coming back to her limbs. The numb tingling sensation became intense the more she moved around. She winced as she walked over to the food table where she laid out a large chunk of meat.

Raine tuned into the conversation and added to it, “honestly, I don’t even know how I got involved. One minute I was hunting, the next I was with these guys running for my life.” Raine let out a light chuckle at the situation still confused how she ended up with these guys. In a sense she got lucky, even though they were the reason she almost died, they also managed to save her life.

“Hey is it cool if I use a knife to cut the meat?” She asked the man who took them all in.

Danaper turned his head to look at Raine, feeling like something was off. He thought about if he should say something or not, then decided that he should, he didn't know how but he could just tell she was in pain. He said something he probably shouldn't have said, but since it seemed off when she responded to his background story he realized she may have been abused as a child. "I'm guessing you were abused as a child? Wait, wait are you Raine? Raine Blackwoods? I met you at a store once, you worked there remember? It was just after I had ran away after I realized my rebellion against my parents was getting nowhere." He then realized he probably said to much.

(I changed my characters actions, and I made my post longer so it wasn't a one liner.)
Ima make a reply to this next i just thought of something that might make this interaction spicy. Also how old is danaper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back