• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings They're Here (apocalyptic)

TheSpeck

Cognitohazard
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
I never thought things would go this way… No one expected it, no one knows where they came from… But they’re here, and they want us gone. We have become food and that is all we are.

Welcome to They're Here, this RP will require two thing:
  • you are a semi-lit/lit writer

• You can post at least once a week (I can be flexible with schedules, and we won't leave you behind unless you don't tell us about an upcoming absence!)
If you don't fit those requirements then you don't have to waste your time reading the story, if you do then I hope you enjoy! :)

In a world that is quiet with death, dangerous creatures roam demolished towns and cities. Life changed drastically since the creatures arrived. No one really knows where they came from, not from space, not from some far away lab that made the mistake of creating a monstrosity, although it doesn't really matter anymore. The world's population decreased more than 50% in the first month of the creatures invasion, leaving only few to survive the mass killings.

During the second month people notices a shift in themselves. People were finding that they've developed uncanny abilities. After the few scientists left researched this, they figured out it was caused by a sort of radiation that is given off by the queen of all the creatures. The radiation allows all creatures to shift and change appearance, but it seemed to alter humans in a way that gave them new abilities that could either help or harm them.

After the second month was over, the killing decreased dramatically due to the fact that only people who were able to adapt to their new lifestyle were able to survive. Around 20% of the population was left, and 10% had been taken to safe havens that were set up by the military. Unfortunately for the other 10%, they were left on their own to fend for themselves. The military sent out a message that they would no longer be transporting survivors due to the risk of picking up one of the creatures. If any survivors made it to the safe haven, they would be welcomed in after they were confirmed not to be one of the creatures...

A few survivors living in a small town covered top to bottom in snow in the middle of nowhere decided to find one of the safe havens. They have formed a group, whether it was by invitation or they were forced into doing so, and will face many challenges to reach the collective goal of safety... Well, hopefully. Who knows what could happen to a safe haven within the time it'll take for them to get there?

And thats the story. I'm sure you're probably confused by some things in the story, so I will clarify a few things below:

The creatures are a carnivorous species that have a large population to feed. They are large and grotesque, using their natural weapons to kill any living thing in their path.

Appearance: the creatures can appear in different ways due to shape shifting abilities. Their original form is a fleshy blob of blood and bones, though they are usually seen taking shape as some sort of animal. They can't take any abilities of animals they transform into (which means, if they turn into a scorpion, first of all they would be a very meaty scorpion, and they wouldn't have venom.) The creatures are mostly seen as a fast animal, like wolves or deer, though a lot of the time they mimic humans to trick survivors. As a human they usually partially transform back when attacking due to a person's lack of natural weapons.

The queen: the queen is a much larger version of the creatures that lives in one of the many anthill like nests set up by it's workers. The queen controls it's workers, and produces a lot of offspring. There may be more than one queen, but it hasn't been found yet.

Weakness: the creatures have three hearts, making it so people can tell if a person is a creature or a human by their heartbeat. They also aren't very fast when they aren't transformed into a creature that is fast, so sometimes it's best to just run away.

Know that these creatures are extremely dangerous, so please don't go around one hit killing them. It's not realistic.

These are the abilities I've come up with. If you want a new one, please discuss it with me :)

Of course there are people without powers, so it isn't necessary you have one.

1: these people have severely improved senses. They can feel vibrations, hear much more than a regular person, and see things further away/in the dark. This applies to all senses you can think of, including balance. Anyone with this ability has the disadvantage of being sensitive to loud noises and bright lights.

2: they are often called giants. A giant is much bigger than the average person, ranging from 7-10 feet tall, and sometimes even bigger. They don't have health problems due to their height, but they have the problem of not being able to fit through doorways and they have to eat and drink water much more than an average person. They normally are a lot stronger and more durable than a normal person.

3: these people are often called the Red. The red are bound to only drinking liquids, most often their diet consists of blood. People with this mutation are more predatory then others, often times having sharper teeth or even developing claws. No, they aren't vampires.

4: there is no name for this ability, but a person with it has the power to manipulate others into doing things with forced persuasion. They can tell how others are feeling (only if they are in physical contact with the person) and slightly alter others emotions. The ability can be extremely powerful, going as far as to convincing someone they are going to pass out, and then they do because of it. The downfall to this ability is that if you put too much power into persuasion it can cause severe headaches in the person being persuaded, and If they notice themselves being persuaded and try to stop it, the ability automatically fails.

5: this ability has no name but causes a severe defence against death. When the person is in danger or a life treating situation, they may go into a frenzy if they can't control themselves and start killing anything in sight. They can't control what they do during this, and can hurt loved ones or allies if they can't stop themselves. When they go on a frenzy their speed, strength, and durability increases.

There isn't much here, but I just want to clarify some things.

If you are in combat with another persons character/NPC, one hit killing is not allowed. You can let your character attempt to do anything you'd like them to, but you should give the person who owns the character/npc a chance to dodge.

If you are controlling a character/NPC, you aren't allowed to dodge everything. If anyone believes either person is being unfair, we can discuss it.

Basically, just don't be OP, and don't one shot kill anyone's character(s)/NPC(s) but your own. Y'know, just be nice :)

if this thread gets attention I'll describe places around the town and create a CS thread. We already have one person joining us, unless they decide to back out.
:)

Anyone is welcome until the RP starts! Glad you're interested :)

The CS thread is up, I will be adding the OOC link to this post also!

Last edited:
I'm enjoying the variety in characters :)

crow. crow.

Your character is accepted! I can't wait to see them in the RP!

Socio Socio Knight boi Knight boi

I haven't seen much activity on your part, and I was wondering if you were still interested? If you are, I'm not rushing you to put up a CS and you can take your time! I just want to make sure so I know who to wait on :D

I’ll send an application tomorrow night does anyone have discord? I can add and it’ll be easier to remind me I have a job interview tomorrow

I’ll send an application tomorrow night does anyone have discord? I can add and it’ll be easier to remind me I have a job interview tomorrow
I don't use discord but everyone is welcome to make a group chat without me if y'all want :)

And good luck on that interview!

The RP has started! Anyone who hasn't posted a CS, don't worry you still have plenty of time to jump in before anything happens.

I just want to clarify, is Jesse living on his own at the moment or is he part of the group already? Has the group formed yet? c:

I just want to clarify, is Jesse living on his own at the moment or is he part of the group already? Has the group formed yet? c:
At the moment he's alone, but if you'd like a character to already know someone else you can ask whoever owns the character :)

Personally I'll pretty much do anything, whether I need to get myself into the group or if one of you would like to already have formed a small group

The group hasn't formed completely unless everyone who joined the RP wants to know each other already

Just to say, even if your characters don't know each other, it should be known that other survivors are around in that town since it's kinda small. People just don't mess with each other a lot because it's risky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back