• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern They can't keep me away from you

Danellia runs a hand through her hair and walks into the little corner shop a block from her house. The place was a front for a very popular speakeasy her brother liked to frequent and she worked at. She nods to the man behind the counter and heads to the back and through the hidden door. As soon as she was in, she was bombarded by the smell of smoke and booze. She smiles and heads up to the bar, sliding into a seat and ordering a drink as she waited until it was time for her to perform. She sighs softly and leans back against the bar. This was home to her. She felt so comfortable in the dim lights and the haze.

Sebastian set down the case of drinks on the bar top, getting his barman to put them in place while he took the drink over to Danny, "Hey there... You're in early this evening." He smiled at her and leaned against the wood, "Your brother's been around looking for you today, says he needs a strong word." He warned her. He liked her a lot and he knew from a couple conversations with her that she felt the same but they were quite stuck. Her brother wanted her out of Chicago and Seb was powerless to stop that change but it didn't mean he was going to give up yet

Danny looks over her shoulder at Sebastian and smiles at him. She turns towards him fully and takes a sip of her drink. "He always wants to have a strong word." SHe murmurs and rolls her eyes. She knew exactly what this would be about and she wasn't looking forward to it. She sighs softly and leans closer to Sebastian. "Think I could hide in your office until I need to be on stage. I'd rather avoid him a little longer." She murmurs softly.

Sebastian nodded and lifted the bar for her to come through to the back room that he had as an office, “You’re gonna have to tell him at some point that you don’t want that.” He told her then started to walk out and leave her to privacy.

Danny sighs softly and takes a seat at the desk. She wished it was that simple. It didn't matter what she wanted, what her brother said went. She leans back and sips her drink. She glances around the office and reads some papers laying around.

Sebastian went back out to the bar and leaned against it looking around at his bar and smiled some. He’d had no customers before the ban on alcohol but now business was thriving every night. He lit a cigar and stood back keeping an eye on everything until he heard Francisco’s voice coming down the hall

Francisco heads into the dimly lit bar and scans the room. He sees Sebastian and heads over. "Where Danny?" He asks and leans against the bar. He was done playing this cat and mouse game with her. She had been avoiding him for days now and he wasn't having it anymore.

Sebastian frowned some, "She's in my office but I don't think she wants to talk to you right now." He muttered, blocking the way for him.

Francisco watches him and leans against the bar. "I suggest you get out of the way Sebastian. This is a fine place you have and I would hate for the cops to find out about it." he threatens and stands up straighter. "Now move." He growls. He was in no mood for these little hero games Sebastian liked to play. He wasn't blind or dumb and he knew how he felt about his sister, but it wasn't happening.

Sebastian glared at him a little. “And you think you’re the only man in the city to have a connection with law enforcement? I said she doesn’t wanna talk with you now get out before I kick you out.” He spat at him. “You’re under my roof right now buddy.”

Fransico growls and grabs his gun. He presses it agaisnt Sebastian’s chest. “I’m not asking again Sebastian, move out of the way.” He tells him. “I don’t care how tough you think you are or how you feel about my sister, I have no problems making you disappear.”

He knew he was being reckless but the way he was treating his sister was driving Sebastian crazy. Of course he wasn’t head over heels for her he wouldn’t be the same way but he was so he did look out for her. “Go ahead.... do it then.” He told him knowing he wouldn’t dare in front of everyone like this. Seb looked over though seeing Danny wall back down the hall and into the bar area

Fransico glares and shakes his head. “I’d be carful Sebastian, accidents happen all the time.” He threatens and nods towards one of his men. He’d be sure to take care of Sebastian tonight at closing. “Don’t mill him just yet, but make sure he gets the message.” He whispers and smirks, going after Danny when he sees her and grabbing her arm.

Danny yanks her arm, trying to get out of his grib, but it only made it tighter. She sighs and looks up at her brother. “I have to go on soon.”

Sebastian glared at him and walked off to go do some of his paperwork in his office, thinking about Danny and worrying about her. All the girls that danced at the bar he cared about but most of them like sisters.... Danny he felt different about.

Danny glares at her brother and finally slides into a booth with him. She leans back and crosses her arms as she listens to him talk about the man he wanted her to marry in Chicago. She grits her teeth and finally stands up. “Not happening Francisco.” She mutters and heads to the stage to perform.

Sebastian worked all night, eventually kicking out the last customer himself, counting out the cash and paying the staff then watched Danny walk over and he handed her her share. “You feel safe enough to walk home or you want some company?” He asked her smiling a little.

Danny smiles as she tucks the money in her bra. “Some company would be nice.” She murmurs softly and tucks some hair behind her ear. She loops her arm with his and heads out of the club with him.

He nodded some and smiled, walking out with her and locking everything up behind them, finally making it out onto the street with her but paused seeing Francisco there with the two men he had with him from earlier. “What do you want now?” He muttered but quickly enough Danny was pulled away from him by one of the guys, another grabbed him and put him in an arm lock

Danny gasps and struggles agaisnt Damion. She glares at Fransico. “Stop this!” She screams at him and winces, looking away when fransico starts in on Sebastian. She struggles agaisnt Damion but soon gets pushed into the car and locked in there so Damion could have a piece. She bangs agaisnt the window and cries. “Stop!”

Sebastian tried his best to fight back against them but Damion at least was much bigger than him and they only seemed to stop once Sebastian slumped forward, dropping him to the ground and getting in the car driving away while Francisco sat in the back with his sister not saying a word.

Danny grits her teeth and suddenly lashes out at him, slapping him as hard as she could across his face. “You bastard!” She spat in his face and crosses her arms. “I hope you rot in hell!” She tells him and clenches her hands into fists. She only hoped Sebastian was okay enough to get help. As soon as this car stopped she was hoping out and going back to him.

Francisco grabbed her hand and grit his teeth. “Shall I tell father that you’ve been dancing and taking your clothes off?!” He snapped st her. He would certainly make sure she never left the house again without a guardian. “Because He will make your life hell!” He spat at her. “Sebastian needs to learn his place. That will teach him if he doesn’t choke on his own blood.” He muttered and called to the driver to take them home.

Danny glares at him and snatched her arm away. “I’m not marrying that man and you haven’t changed my mind about that you bastard.” She snaps and rubs her wrist. As soon as the car stopped at a red light, she swung the door open and rushed out. She slammed it shut and ran back towards where they had left Sebastian.

He had managed to move to prop himself up against the side of the building holding his side some and knowing he would need to find out a way to get home soon as possible to clean himself up, trying to stand and eventually got himself on his feet having to stay leaning up against the brickwork to catch his breath again but before he could start walking home he heard Danny’s voice and turned around to see her rushing over to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back