• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Thesta Penitentiary for the Wicked [Rebooted]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Jacob gave a slight smile at Edward’s carry on and as the warden left he said, “ I look forward to meeting the both of you.“ before waiting until the warden was out of view. Then Jacob couldn’t hold back his anger at the defilement of the chapel doors any longer and with frustrated shout the holy man punch the reinforced doors until his hands were bartered and bleeding.
“I will NOT let this disgrace go unanswered. I don’t care what politics are in play” Jacob said to himself as he walked into the chapel to pray before the Eucharist. He hoped that it would calm him and bring clarity where now he could only find rage.
KasperXIII KasperXIII

"Has anyone ever told you you have really nice smelling blood? Maybe..." She paused, tongue sticking out in concentration as she counted on her fingers, then triumphantly held up eight. "An eight out of ten! ... Maybe a nine, without the tissue..."

Silver nodded to herself, pleased with the logic of that decision, then sniffed the hand held out between them. She thought about licking it - just to see if he tastes as good as he smelled - but... Would that be a good idea? She wrinkled her nose as she thought about it. She had tried licking someone at her trial, and that had went badly, but this man was friendly, so he almost definitely wouldn't mind! Another great decision made, she went through with it, grabbing his arm, holding tight so he couldn't flinch away, then casually licking his hand.
"Oh, wow, you taste just as nice as you smell!"

Lots of apologies to KasperXIII KasperXIII

• Kala sighed out of relief as Sith seemed to crack a joke, the relief of hearing simple chatter not laced with schemes or hate was refreshing. The spider rubbed the back of her own neck with one of her mittens, trying to ease the muscles from her minutes long panic attack that nearly sent her over the edge.

"M-my name is Kala, nice to meet you Ms. Sithimbial...it sounds weird coming out of my mouth." Probably because you butchered trying to recreate the sounds. "I see why you suggested the short version, so Sith it is. Tell me, where are you headed next... Wait. I saw you in the kitchen. I guess we won't have that time to socialize... have you eaten yourself already?"

The spider was a bit jumbled as they spoke, their words sort of backtracking every so often as they made mistakes due to their rattled nerves which were evident by their slight nervous motions like one of their back mitten-covered legs tapping the ground as she spoke.

|:| Jasper Bent & Valerie Masterson |:|

What... the.... actual fuck?

Jasper flinched as soon as his arm was grabbed and her mouth got closer to his skin. He feared Silver would try to take a bit out of his arm to draw more of that 'tasty blood' she kept talking about. What sort of kid was this? Maybe for someone as uncivilized as her, Thesta wouldn't have been the right choice. However, depending on where she was charged, it's possible that mental disorder wouldn't be taken into consideration. It would've in Filincia, as he could recall. Her grip on his arm was firm, but he did attempt to shake her off, at least able to get his flesh away from her teeth. Still unaware she was a cannibal, he wasn't comfortable with a total stranger getting a bit too personal with her mouth. Quite a shift from someone who couldn't utilize their mouth like Nix to another who probably used it too much for her own good, like Silver.

"Has anyone told you you're a fucking weirdo?" he retorted, using his other hand to nudge her shoulder and put space between the two. "No, I am not tasty, so go find someone else to partake in your little charade. Preferably someone just as fucked up as you, and far, far away from me." Now pissed rather than just annoyed, he covered his bleeding nose again and took another step away. How distant from reality was she to find this... okay? Any sort of shrewd commentary would probably go upon deaf ears, or at least she wouldn't understand what he's saying. Laser-bait truly was a child, mentally at least. If that's the case, Jasper wasn't quite a teacher, but he'd have to discipline like one.

"Tell ya what, kid," he sighed, now removing the napkin from his nose, which had stopped bleeding like before. His eyes wandered around the cafeteria, trying to find someone else to have to do this babysitting job for him. He noticed the doors to the cafeteria swinging open with the return of the two guards who'd hauled Will off to solitary. Would he throw this kid into danger once again? He almost got her zapped by the lasers before...

"Let's go, maggots!" Valerie shouted, banging her nightstick against an empty table, causing a loud ringing noise to echo across the cafeteria and kitchen. "I have orders to make sure you eat fast and without incident, unless you'd like to join Bob the Builder in solitary. What's it gonna be?"

Sacrificing the kid off to that redheaded bitch and her armored buddy might be easy... but odds are, she wouldn't even get why a punishment would be in order....

Time to come to a decision: "Why don't you stop going around licking people... unless you ask for permission from that mean ol' head of security, hm? Odds are, she wouldn't want you doing things without her permission. And right now, she's in a bad mood, and wouldn't be a great time to ask her anything.... right? You don't wanna end up like that other guy who was just taken away, after all."

Interacts: WillfulWren WillfulWren
Mentions: [Everyone in the cafeteria]

|:| Edward Brookes |:|

A performance like that in front of the prison wasn't going to go unanswered, and odds are, Jacob was going to report the incident to his higher-ups at the Vatican, who might try to undermine those in Thesta, including Edward himself. The priests could perform whatever rituals they want, but the cause of it all... saying that a 'pissed-off demon that he employed decided to get naughty during a lockdown' wasn't going to be a very appealing headline. Pisha couldn't undo such actions, but at least the Warden could attempt to ensure this doesn't happen again. An unfortunate deal with the devil, it seemed...

Without even taking a pitstop in his office to collect himself and not come off as irrational, he made his way to the lower level of the prison towards the boiler room. Never did he ever imagine having to go down there for reasons going back to the void demon causing mischief. Usually, visits down there were for maintenance, which were done by the janitorial crew in the prison. It was an unpleasant experience for a well-dressed man like himself, holding a hand over his nose to shield the unpleasant smell from his nostrils. He left a few knocks on the door before the location that he knew Pisha was hiding in.

"You and I need to talk about your little... happy hour just now," Brookes snarled from beneath his hand. "And how this incident will not repeat itself in the future, unless you'd like to have some alone time with the Chaplain. If you'd be so kind as to reveal yourself rather than I come in there myself..."

Sure, Brookes could just walk right in there, but it would be too dark for him to see a thing, and it would leave him vulnerable against the demon, who could easily have him gutted or something. Outside, in the area that was even slightly illuminated? A tad safer. More fair, unless she wanted to behave like an angsty teen and stay locked in her room, that is.

Interacts: Sybil Sybil

• The demon heard the knocks, a groan leaving their lips just like an angsty teen would if some parent knocked on their door, with their body sinking more into the corners of the room. She didn’t want to show it, but the display and the Church altercation left her actually pretty weak. She had actually attempted to make the room warded off, the darkness inside more like flowing oil than lack of light all to help the demon recover.

Knowing she had to answer probably, a bit of shadow being used to open the two large metal doors to reveal the wall of viscous flowing black liquid that was the small portion of what filled the now spa room of the demon. Despite all this when she spoke the words carried right out of the room and to him like she was in front of him. Why isn’t she just walking up to him? Maybe a twinge of fear she might actually be assaulted in her weaker state.

“You... You invited a PRIEST. A FUCKING PRIEST! I barely tolerated the damn Chapel, to begin with, and now you invited a Holy man inside?! You absolute idiot! You think I would respond well to my life being threatened daily?!”

A tendril of the inky blackness reached out, grabbing the overhead light outside her room and yanking the device out, wires and concrete being pulled out and thrown farther down the hall out of a fit of anger. Did they let any debris hit Edward? No, no they didn’t want to get in a fight. The upside? She didn’t like that light anyway.

Interaction: KasperXIII KasperXIII

Maslany Milozschenko
"You should eat before the CO's get back." Lany nodded towards the shy antlered girl; judging from the low grumble, she hadn't gotten to eat. Lany pushed the tray already in front of the girl towards the seat across her, where the girl crumpled with shyness behind her own hands. "There's no need to be shy about it." A precarious eye peaked out from between her slim fingers, looking down at Lany's prosthetic hand that pushed the tray forwards in a gesture of good will.

"I'm Lany." Lany offered the same hand in a handshake.

Dana Zane Dana Zane

Dyani soon heard the sound of a tray pushed. She soon uncovers her face and looked at the tray with delicious meat. She then looked up at the woman "T-thank you Miss." she said as Dyani looked at the woman as the woman can feel a cold breeze "Oh o-okay." she said as she was about to eat the meat on the tray she soon see's the woman lift up her arm for a handshake "W-what happen to your hand? Ummm nevermind." she said as she then shake her head shaked the woman's fake hand

sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra

"Has anyone told you you're a fucking weirdo?" The man spat, and the ShapeShifter's ruby coloured eyes widened at the harsh tone of his words. She didn't quite understand the words, but the way in which they were spoken was easy enough to decipher. He was mad at her. Tail drooping, the small female allowed herself to be pushed away, rocking back slightly on her seat.

Feline ears pricked up as he started talking again, still with the same harsh words.
"Oh..." She murmured, looking confused. "But I don't know anyone but you and Lany... And a lot of people smell weird. 'specially her-" A jerk of the head towards the girl with antlers. "She smells funny. I don't like it."

Having made her stance very clear, Silver laid her head on the table, waiting for something to happen. Her food still lying abandoned on the floor for someone to trip on or steal.

She wrinkled her nose at his suggestion that she ask the head of security for anything. "No! I can lick people if I want! I don't have to ask that... that, um..."

And so it is revealed that this naive excuse for a criminal doesn't know any proper insults.
"That stupidhead! I'm not asking that stupidhead for anything! She smells funny too and she's... She's mean!"

KasperXIII KasperXIII

Maslany Miloszchenko
Lany looked at her hand too, placing it on the table after she and Dyani formerly greeted one another.

"It was eaten." She answered bluntly with no displeasure nor cheer. "And my leg is a lamp now." At the same time, Valerie had burst into the cafeteria again, warning the inmates of the time left they had before work. Lany sighed. That woman tired her with every word, Lany's lassitude ever growing. She turned to Dyani, bored and sick of Valerie.

"How about you? Where did you get those antlers?"

Dana Zane Dana Zane

Dyani frowned "O-oh...What thing did this to you..." she said as she can hear Valerie yelling though she ignored it as she moved her hand back to her side. Until she heard Lany asking about her antlers "T-that...Well, you see I'm actually a wendigo..." she said.

sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra

Sith smirked and held up her hand to the side of her face as if she were sharing a secret. "Don't tell anyone but I snuck a few bites here and there." She let out a small chuckle. She was joking with Kala, of course, she could tell the world and Sith wouldn't care. "So, where do you work?" She asked, deciding she might as well keep being friendly. Kala seemed sane enough.

Sybil Sybil

Alasdair was quickly whisked off to medical and handcuffed to a bed, all the while he grinned like a madman. He didn't care that he was restrained, or even that he was injured because he may have been the one taking the beating but he wasn't the one who lost in the end. Bob was going to suffer in solitary and that was good enough for Alasdair. He turned and saw that in the bed next to him was a girl who he was pretty sure was the one who passed out for no reason. He leaned back on his bed and let out another giggle before beginning to hum a cheery tune to himself. He probably seemed crazy at that moment, but he didn't care, in fact, he welcomed the illusion. People tend to find insanity frightening and fear was just another weapon he could use.

The second the black substance began to seep through the door and extend to the light bulb over his head, Edward took a quick step back, unwilling to test what it was capable of, and if it had the potential to expose his own powers. Pisha was clearly unhappy, and for a demon, she treated anger worse than his daughter did as a preteen. A reaction like that could bring the whole prison down if he weren't careful with how to handle it. But dealing with a demon, quite literally, was some of the most dangerous work the war veteran would ever face. How would he go about it without saying something to get himself killed?

Yet, Pisha's concerns were... valid. And she wasn't making any attempt to start a war just yet. Some hazardous material he didn't want to touch, and a damaged light, but not a scratch on the Warden. Was Edward foolish enough not to consider the fact he'd employed a Vatican priest and a demon to work under the same roof? No, he was very well aware that Jacob and Pisha would butt heads at least once. He just didn't think it'd be this quick, especially after seeing a weakened Pisha squirm away from the chapel doors. Not to mention that he hadn't anticipated a violent beating in the cafeteria, either. Now, he had to deal with the Chaplain's plans for cleansing and the potential for the void demon to strike again once her power was restored. He certainly didn't expect the two to sit down for a nice cup of coffee, but he at least wanted them to mind their own business. The chapel wasn't a likely location for a lockdown to be triggered from, so he figured the demon would keep clear, and that the priest would mind his own business and not bump into Pisha much. Oh, how wrong he was.

"You are heard and understood... but if you know what's good for you, you better watch who you're talking to." Indeed, the Warden had the balls to stand up to a demon who could probably make him disappear without a piece of his physical being coming out of the basement. "You know you need me, unless you want that same priest to come down here and investigate for himself, your one safe haven. I saw what those few sprinkles of holy water did to you. How would you like it if you came back here at one moment and saw your entire den drenched in that stuff? Maybe a few blessed pictures and a crucifix right where you hang your head? Don't think that'd be very... pleasant, right?"

He cleared his throat, a fist near his mouth, now stepping closer, even though visibility had dropped to zero without the light bulb - he knew the layout of the boiler room well enough to do without it. "So, just like how I'm going to keep the priest away from your house, I suggest you stay away from his. Or I'm going to quite literally feed you to him and watch you wither right in front of all the guards and inmates. I suggest you take the high road here, and let Daddy take care of your nightmares and keep them at bay. You just do your job, and I'll do mine..."

A grin appeared over the Warden's aging face, aware that Pisha could see his firm stance, functioning as the one reason the demon hasn't been thrown to the wolves yet. "So, do we have a deal? Or are you going to keep pouting and lashing out like a ten year old?"

|:| Jasper Bent |:|

Now even more repelled from this girl, it was too tempting for Jasper to just move tables and location entirely. Odds are he couldn't just walk out of the cafeteria with the redheaded dominatrix in the room again. But anything was better than literal babysitting, and the 'go ask the grownup for permission' gag didn't work. Lick who she wants whenever she wants? Lick me again, and I'll happily land you in trouble. A good screaming... 'SHE'S TRYING TO BITE ME!' That'll get you a nice warm place in the SHU. And it's not like these guards will bother investigating or looking into evidence that you actually did it.

Externally, Jasper got a grin out of the new name for Valerie. Many had floated to his head that were probably too vulgar for someone with the mind of a preteen, but 'stupidhead' wasn't quite on that floated to his head. Subduing a proper laugh, he spoke, "Yeah... stupidhead, sure. Well, don't ask her. Try asking the armored guard that's by her side. She might have a soft spot. Or try to get a scent off her, see if it's not as funny as Stupidhead. Because..." Taking advantage of her child-like mannerisms and brain capacity, he brought up yet another excuse to get her to simply go away...

"Because I do recall from orientation that there was a rule about licking people. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't hear it. You and I were in the back, but I'm a telepath, so.... I can hear better than most, hence it didn't slip off my radar. You might've been distracted. Could've sworn that Stupidhead said something about only licking with guard supervision. Maybe you could ask CO Fratellis. She might be nicer, y'know."

While, in his thoughts, Jasper was begging for release. Please, please, PLEEEEASE fall for this. If my powers weren't restrained, I'd send a high pitched noise that only animals can hear, so you and your cat girl ass can fuck off.

One of the first things Alice noticed after they had gotten the drugs in her system sorted was the crazy man in bed next to her.

Alice watched him for a bit, he looked like he had been decked in the face. That didn’t say much for him it’s not good if a man can’t defend himself. Unless he was caught unawares.

Still he looked clinically insane, laughing and grinning in a situation that would have made Alice want to curl up in the fetal position. It was only at this thought that she noticed she was actually curled up in the fetal position. Slowly she in curled herself and looked over at the man again. She should say somthing.

Her brother’s word popped into her head again. “Greet people with confidence even if you don’t feel it.”
In a cheery a voice the small girl could muster she spoke to him.
“Hello there. What’s your name.” There sweet but confident. With any hope he wouldn’t try to kill her or anything.

Zenpai Zenpai

"Oh... If it's a rule, then..." She wrinkled her nose, glaring at the red-headed guard with venomous hatred. "I guess i won't bite anyone."

But that doesn't mean she can't butt her head against his shoulder, nuzzling against him slightly. "Thanks for helping me not get in trouble! I'm Silver and you're... You're my friend!" Not asking, more just telling him. There's no escape now, she's like a limpet when attached to someone.

"Though I think I need to know my new friend's name... "
KasperXIII KasperXIII

Alasdair looked over at the girl and snorted. "The Devil Himself," He said, a disturbing grin spreading over his face. He held the expression before letting it drop and letting out a small chuckle. "I'm kidding. Mostly. My name's Alasdair. So, what, did you have an aneurysm or something?" He asked, his face shifting into a more teasing grin. The girl seemed mostly harmless, but Alasdair never trusted appearances. He had to make sure not to give too much away, so he would continue withholding as much information as possible.

firebright24 firebright24

Alice shifted in her seat, "I clearly didn't handle their drugs well". She gestured to the IV deciding it was best leave out why the drugs acted up the way they did. If he knew she was trying to use her gift who knows what he might do. She nodded in Alasdair's direction, "you get decked or what?" She brushed her hands through her hair and gave him a friendly smile. Absentmindedly she picked at the place where the needle of the IV entered her skin. "you don't look much like the devil, Alasdair. You look like an average man"

Zenpai Zenpai

• The walls of flowing oil defied the laws of liquid, seemingly oozing yet never spreading without deliberate intent. Such was noticeable as the warden approached the room, the ichor moving back around his form as to not touch him. Slowly over the course of a few minutes, many small red eyes would appear in the black mess around Edward, all bloodshot showing signs of badly hidden fury.

There was only one thought occurring to the demon. How DARE HE. She was filled with hate, a fire that threatened to cause her body to convulse. Her temper was always an issue, always making every situation difficult and one of the reasons the unit allowed the demon to be put on the prison island.

Eventually the room is muck would stop giving way, preventing him from moving forward without getting inside the hazardous material. “Watch your back Edward, I promise it will be ugly if you continue to turn your back on me.” She couldn’t hide the utter corrosive anger inside them that showed in her tone, then again she wasn’t trying.

Interacts: KasperXIII KasperXIII

Alasdair let out a slow chuckle. “Careful, you might hurt my feelings with words like that, ” he said, placing a hand over his heart in mock offense. He dropped the hand and leaned back, smirking. ”Some dick took it upon himself to beat my face in because I wouldn't put up with his shit. Fucker’s got time in solitary now, ” he said, a dark grin creeping back over his face. ”Oh and it seems like he's gonna hate it there.” The sadistic joy Alasdair felt over Will’s suffering returned, and he quite liked the familiar feeling. He let out another chuckle.

Alice tilted her head, “you must really hate the guy”. Whether for better or worse Alice had made the decision to befriend this man. If she could pull that off maybe she could have some form of protection. Though she didn’t know how much protection he could offer her. After all she had just met the guy. Alice was now growing impatient, she wantednout of the infirmary. She looked at the over in her skin as it was filling her with new drugs. Out of curiosity she tried to generate some form of electricity. She felt a tremor go through her but that was all. What a shame.

Zenpai Zenpai

|:| Jasper Bent |:|

Not only was this feral being persistent, but also extremely clingy. Jasper only wished that he didn't make contact with her on the tour, then he'd just be another face in the crowd with no significance to her. Sure, he stopped the licking and biting, but it didn't stop her from forcing friendship upon him. His eyes noticeably widened and shot out of their sockets as he tried to avoid giving an ugly glare.

....Fuck. No way to lose her now. Not without starting another scene. Don't want the Wicked Witch of Thesta to be up my ass, too.... can't read her mind, either, even though she seems brainless enough to be considered 'damaged', like Lany if anything. Maybe there's just no brain up there to read anyway. Not much I can do now, huh? She just won't leave me alone.

He crossed his arms and sighed, a bit more obvious that he was annoyed, but what did Silver know about visual cues? The telepath was asked for his name, though. A simple enough request... but if Silver was going to be stuck to him, he might as well have some fun. More manipulation...

"Call me Mister Bent," he smirked. "I have many names, but that's the one you'll call me by.... friend."

Why not? Boss her around as if she were his lackey in prison. Maybe he could keep her distracted with odd requests so she'd stay out of his sights. Because now with talks between himself and Lany in play... there had to be something big going down between this new set of inmates... something his unique loophole could help with.

Edward knew he was poking a bear by standing up to a demon, but, for a moment, he didn't feel the need to fear with his dangerous proposition/threat in play. What did get his heart racing, however, was when he stopped in place, realizing he shouldn't take another step without setting foot in the black liquid oozing from the walls, followed by the blazing red eyes showing up in the darkness, all focused on him. A close-to-death experience... but would Pisha murder the warden like this? In such a way that his body could be eventually found with an obvious culprit? One that would be solved by both Thestian officials and the Vatican in a way that the demon herself wouldn't like? The warden had already made himself clear that he was keeping this from happening, but was it not enough?

Even if he were to expose his ice powers in front of the demon, the veteran probably wouldn't stand a chance if this got ugly. Sure, there'd be a moment of shock that he had powers, but it would quickly end in his death. Rather than keep making Pisha angry, a more peaceful attempt came into play:

"I won't turn my back on you," he reassured her. "You and your buddy Sam are safe under this roof. You, especially, are safe down here. All I ask for is a cease-fire. You've shown your distaste, and so has the chaplain. So, how about we go along with our lives and do our jobs, and I'll make sure you're treated well around here. You've trusted me this far, no? Let me show you I can be your greatest ally, and I'm not working to watch you perish."

Oddly enough, the internal fear shaking Edward's heart didn't come out in his stone-cold voice. He didn't move a muscle and just stood in the darkness, waiting for a reaction from the void demon, one that would allow him to exit without harm.

"Well, yeah I have a pretty good reason to. Asshat acts all self-righteous and when I call him out on it he takes it upon himself to break my nose and try to rip off my jaw." He frowned while speaking. The girl seemed to want something out of him, so he eyed her suspiciously for a second before reverting to normal. "So, why do you care?" He asked, raising one eyebrow. He was suspicious of her, people in prison weren't all buddy-buddy for no reason. He decided to just play along and see what happened.

Sith let out a small laugh. "Yes, I'm just glad this place's entire population isn't completely psychotic," She teased. "Carpentry doesn't sound too bad. Don't you have to be going soon?" Sith didn't really want to say farewell yet, but as convicts, they didn't really have any choice. Kala seemed to be a nice person, so Sith hoped they would meet again soon.

Sybil Sybil

Alice shrugged his question off. “I don’t care to be honest. I just need some form of entertainment. You and your amusing hatred for this guy is the best thing I got going for me. I’m getting rather bored of the infirmary. “ Alice leaned back in her seat and shut her eyes. Maybe pretending to nap would cause his guard to become mellow again. She like him but she did not trust him. Not one bit.

Zenpai Zenpai

"Mister Bent..." the ShapeShifter murmured, nodding as she comitted the name to memory. "Hey, do you want to know a secret, Mister Bent?"
Without waiting for a reply, she leaned in close and whispered. "I've never had a friend before. Before..." Tongue sticking out in concentration as she counted on her fingers, before holding up seven. "This many days ago, I hadn't even been near people. Well, aside from when I hunted them, but I'm not allowed to do that anymore." She scratched at the thin electrum band around her wrist, the movement revealing the burned skin beneath, though she seemed numb to it by this point. "I still don't get that... It's just the same as eating a rabbit or a deer..." Seemingly lost in thought for a few seconds, Silver shook her head, refocusing her attention on Jasper.

"So, what do people do with friends, anyways?"
KasperXIII KasperXIII

Maslany Miloszchenko

"Wen...digo? I've never heard of anything like that. We don't have 'wendigoes' where I'm from." Lany stumbled over the word, her accent tripping her up. Though the girl was already shy, Lany continued to prod, curious. She seemed so shy, and yet she wasn't human, and therefore, that was probably her true crime laid.

"What's a wendigo?"

Dana Zane Dana Zane

Maslany Miloszchenko

"Wen...digo? I've never heard of anything like that. We don't have 'wendigoes' where I'm from." Lany stumbled over the word, her accent tripping her up. Though the girl was already shy, Lany continued to prod, curious. She seemed so shy, and yet she wasn't human, and therefore, that was probably her true crime laid.

"What's a wendigo?"

Dana Zane Dana Zane
Dyani tilted her head "Oh. W-well, wendigos are a mythical man-eating monster. Or well they are real. As I am proof but most of the time when someone tries to get proof, it usually ends with them being killed due to how wendigos are. They're extremely experience with hunting prey and they love to toy with their victims before they kill them." she said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back