• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Thesta Penitentiary for the Wicked

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lilith soon started to regain conscious from her incident with Calamitas. Her vision was a bit blurry but seemed to be regaining her vision and starts to look around inspecting her surroundings to be in a bed "What happen..." she said but no reply as her vision soon finally clear up revealing she was in the infirmary and sighed "What did I expect from the damn witch....she is that tyrant's best soldier in his army...." she groaned and put her hands on her face and sighed. "I should just leave as I did was granted freedom. Maybe I could hunt for that bastard tyrant but then again he still has his damn dragon..." she said to herself while thinking but stop to see a piece of paper on the table nearby and picked it up and started to read it "Dear Lilith. Before you went after a prisoner and got your ass handed to you. I was going to ask if you wanted to join the guards due to your heavy weaponry you could help the guards. The position is still up if you want."
Lilith soon sighed and set the paper down until a thought came to her. She could make calamitas time here a living hell as a smile forms on her face. She slowly starts to get up from the bed.

Gail looked unimpressed - deadpan even, at the other inmates confession of murder. "...You think that's tough?" A small laugh, as if she was incredulous someone could find that impressive. "I went on a rampage across several countries, destroying and killing anything that got in my way. My kill count is in the hundreds." A rather nasty grin spread across her pale face. "Do you want to know why I did it?" She didn't bother waiting for an answer, her eyes alight with some kind of savage glee. If one didn't know better, they'd assume she was proud of herself...Actually, no, she was definitely proud. "Because I was bored." A truthful confession from the air elemental...But she omitted the fact that she couldn't do anything like that now, because of the injection the penitentiary staff had forced upon her. She had taken great pride in the fact that, despite her small stature, it had taken three people to hold her down so the nurse could inject the drug into her veins. She had a splitting headache now, though, and the fact that she could still sense the air currents, how they were going to change before they even did...It was tantalizing. Her power was there - she could feel it. She just couldn't reach it.

Her upstart little brother obviously wanted her to at least attempt to be friends with this inmate, and maybe the pink-haired one too. And it wasn't like she hadn't noticed him sneaking back into the cafeteria, his pale green eyes fixed on her. Coward. Gail sighed, eyeing Jasper warily. "I'm Gail Anima...Who are you?" Her tone was definitely not friendly, but she's always been more solitary than anything else. "You've been here a whole year? I've been here less than an hour, and I still want to kill everyone in this room...Except you, maybe." It's a lie, but she's trying to seem slightly friendly. Having a guard's eyes upon her constantly is not something she wants, as she's already trying to figure out a way away from Thesta.

The ShapeShifter almost attacked Jasper for the threat, scarlet eyes narrowing slightly as she snarled again, flashing her fangs. That really didn't sound fun, but for the human to stand there and threaten her...It set her blood boiling. Sure, she could be friendly and sweet, and she's incredibly innocent (Not to mention naive and easily manipulated), but one of her worst traits was her pride. That, plus her childishness and her ability to kill was why she was considered dangerous, despite her temperament. It didn't take much of a push for her to become something almost like a demon, snarling and biting and killing. And, if that wasn't enough there was her almost non-existent morals. But she was at least trying to exercise some self-control, and human rules...That might make this place easier to understand - easier to escape.

So, she tried to argue. "That's at the end of the day. I could rip your throat out right now, and I see no reason why I should leave you alo-" She flinched as he touched her, expecting some kind of pain, like a slap, or at least to be manhandled. Growing up alone in the woods wasn't exactly the most social way of living, and the only time she could remember touching a living human was either when she was killing them - ripping them open with claws and fangs - and guards and police officers dragging her around. And, of course, the harsh slaps and kicks she had suffered from said guards.

Without even knowing of the map, she backed off a bit, watching him with wide eyes. "...Should we...Start over?" Silver couldn't deny, there was a slight thrill of...Some kind of positive emotion at the word friend. She had wanted a friend that could actually talk for a while. Well, technically cats and the like did talk...Just not about what she had always wanted to talk about. They mainly spoke of food, sleep and...Nature's way of replenishing the supplies of prey, as well as predators. Though, maybe humans weren't that different. Were Cahone and Zorra human? Zorra didn't look it, but she wasn't as sure about Cahone.
"I'm not really out to make enemies...A friend would be nicer." The odd hesitances in her speech are her trying to remember words and their arrangements, something that seemed almost as difficult to her as reading. On top of never learning, she was dyslexic.
Though, she wouldn't exactly complain if she made an enemy or five. It might liven the place up a bit, after all.

Last edited:
As the man operating the controls dips cahone in one last time, under the nose and up to his eyes.
He stirs awake. Bubbles and fire spew from the water weakly until he is removed. Gasping for breath...
His body slowly lifted through the air painfully. Dripping wet and naked as his clothes were burnt off before his playtime with Zorra. His skin a tinge blue just from the ten minutes of being in there.

His feet touch the ground but his legs become wet noodles, funnily to see such a intimidating man become such a flop. Literally... except for his burning pride this time.. it still stared at the men as he swung side to side in the air conditioning.
He tried to breathe fire on himself To warm up but being chained up makes it very hard.

Eventually noticing Mitch and Calder. Talk about old times they worked/stayed here.

“Wh-wh-what.. d d do you wan-“
He stopped trying to talk. He was stuttering from the cold. His face in angry defeat as he looked at Mitch.
Not afraid of his fire or his physique. Mitch has tried taking him down many times. Only with that Hose is he truely successful.
He stopped talking and glared. He peed at Mitch when he could, it was “forced” however, it steaming as it left him and sounded like petroleum being lit on fire when it hit the ice cold floor.
He almost wished he wasn’t hard. To pee on his legs and get some feeling back..

He looked at the two. He wouldn’t talk to them in such a position. And he assumed the Russian wanted to have words...
——————
Felix danced on the walls and walked on the ceiling..
You think that he’s appalling?
He thinks that your appealing.

Anyone who saw him however just saw a regular old guard walking the hallways. On the floor.

52aa81a09d2cdc48ba2f14b97357cfa8_1.jpg

Calder V. Zhukov ~ The Chaplain
(7:50 A.M.-0750 Morning - Breakfast)

• (Location: Thesta Penitentiary, Isolation Block )(Currently: Compromising with Cahone)
    (Interactions: Cahone Flowiest D Flowiest D )
    (Mentions: Mitch, and Zorra.)

"So, you're finally awake?" Staring boringly at the man, Calder simply watched Cahone shiver from the frozen ice-water dripping off his goose-bump riddled skin and back into the frigid waters beneath his dangling feet. He couldn't remember how many times he was sent to Isolation but what he did know was that it always ended in the same conversation over and over again, just differently worded each time but the topic always remained unchanged. "Will this behavior of yours ever stop?" His stringent tone surfaced up from his voicferous lungs as he approached the stuttering inmate, each of his hands formally arranged in a parade-rest posture as he stood his ground. Zhukov's spiritless eyes washed over him as they stared each other down, it was unsure if it was animosity that connected their sights or the familiarity both of them had with each other. Memories of his antics flooded Calder's mind, albeit less serious ones that managed to sculpt a temporary smile across his face before fading away into obscurity, nonetheless he was disappointed with his never-ending impudence that would almost always land him into these kinds of predicaments. "You know exactly why i'm here. That scene you caused earlier with that Naga, Zorra right? I only just received her file hours before my rude awakening. You two must've had quite the history each other to do something so obscene out in the middle of everyone." Shaking his head in disbelief, Calder let out a huff as he parted his hands to pull up a seat next to him, obviously a few feet away from the outer boundaries of the built-in natatorium as to not get splashed with any of the cold water. Regardless of his sympathy, it was aggravating to see him show such disrespect towards Mitch, attempting to sprinkle him with piss as if he were some living urinal cake.

Without so much as breaking a sweat, he instinctively thrust the rough palm of his hand into the prisoner's diaphragm, expelling gracious quantities of oxygen out from his lungs and through his lips with Calder returning his hand back towards his side. "Sorry Cahone, you and I both know that I don't want to hurt you but you really need to respect my colleagues. You should be thanking me for pulling you out of that freezing Hell. I need your cooperation, for your sake. I cannot help you if you keep resisting it." Zhukov's eyes rolled as he looked at the puddle of urine near Mitch. Great, that's all he needed to see, more of a mess. Luckily it was on ceramic tiles instead of carpet! Calder briefly stepped away and pushed his index finger against one of the call-in stations on the wall. "Need an extra uniform and a few towels at SHU, Isolation Cell 06." Maybe his attitude will take a turn for the better after questioning, he's sure to appreciate a warm uniform and a couple of towels to dry him off with. The Chaplin returned back over to Cahone with an expression of curiosity as he looked through his extensive rap-sheet, papers littered with personal information, committed crimes, and conviction history fluttered from top to bottom as he skimmed over it, only to stop at an empty page before pulling out a ball-point pen. "Tell me, why is that you withstand our rules and regulations? Not to mention actively disobeying our treatment. You and Zorra evidently have a thing for one another? Am I correct? I might not be able to completely guarantee a release but with your assistance i'll be able to prevent any sort of maltreatment from happening to her, you and I both understand that you have a weakness for women. If you can agree to play by the rules she'll be released from whatever treatment she's about to receive in the next room over, but if you disagree... Well... I cannot promise that she'll be well." Spoken like a true bastard, Calder felt his soul being torn out from him by guilt but it was the only way to expect him to behave maybe even for good this time with Zorra's safety in-mind.

Cahones was in a poor defeated state to begin with, hanging by his wrists. Cold.. freezing.. shaking and stuttering.. then the cold Russian struck him.
Disruptive to the flames that come so easily to him, they sputter from his mouth and nose as he violently coughs.

He was still to cold to speak properly.. and not being let down didn’t help. As he hung in The aircon drying slowly in a cool breeze..
He glared at Calder and Mitch. Mitch used to it just smirked. But went to get the uniform and towel when they arrived.

Hones mind races. He was still somewhat entranced by the naga.. but having no place to put that energy and feeling left the chemicals swirling in his brain. A mixture of whatever drugs she wanted to replicate in his system. He was addicted all over again.

Keeping his glare he only shudders and coughs trying to keep warm.
Taking in the Russian guards words.. the old man seemed to think his behaviour was his fault.

Everyone cahone started shit With was well deserved... that emo dude with the ability to make his hand slip, like as if controlling the inside of him somewhat...
That marble guard who literally thought he could order cahone to not have sex with that beautiful source of all his mental anguish.

And now Mitch.. whose just doing his job sure, but the ice water and then a electric shock.. to being woken up drowning in the ice?

How he expected him to talk in such a state was beyond him.
He did however plan on demanding his warm wooly coat...
When he could speak, and the cold not helping that...
Ohhh it’s never a even fight with you Calder...
Only ever demand or strike me when I’m chained...

Last edited:

(7:50 A.M.-0750 Morning - Breakfast)

• (Location: Thesta Penitentiary, Isolation Block )(Currently: Examining Zorra.)
    (Interactions: Cahone, Mitch, Brock, Zack - Flowiest D Flowiest D and Zorra MsPolite MsPolite )
    (Mentions: Cahone, Mitch)

You'd think someone as egotistic as him would just spout off a barrage of insults, but not a single word was uttered from his trembling lips. He had enough energy in him to direct his bodily fluids at one of the correctional officers but not once did he speak, maybe knocking the wind out of him wasn't exactly the best option, if it weren't for his knee-jerk reaction to such disrespect being displayed then perhaps he'd gain some sort of a decent response out of the dripping-wet inmate. In a condition like this, Cahone wasn't going to be of any use nor be able to speak coherently, at-least this would give him an long-lasting opportunity to think about his proposal. "Very well Mr.Cahone, I'll let you consider my kindly offer while you dry off." Once again, another visitation leading to nowhere except being a thorn in Calder's aching side. Nonetheless that distinctive look in his eye, weakness. Fragility for that wriggling snake-woman in the next door over was rather apparent, it wasn't clear what kind of history they shared with one another but the relationship that they had was clear as day, a distinguishable bond that all lovers shared... An exploitable one at that. "Mitch, i'll be in the next room over. I haven't had an opportunity to speak to that Zorra girl. If you'd like, you can take Cahone back to his cell whenever you think he has learned his lesson in humility." Knowing that this wasn't going anywhere, Zhukov turned away from both of them before making his exit and entering the neighboring room on his left where his eyes met the pleasant Naga in a less than comfortable position, curled up around the floor while unconscious. "Ahem."

Announcing his arrival, Calder flipped through his clipboard of paperwork before nodding off to both Zack and Brock as he paced around the Naga, circling it a few times to look for anything out of the ordinary. Until he came across something rather peculiar, secretion of a liquid that was scarce but had a frequent amount that dotted from the doorway and back to Zorra. "Interesting." As much as he 'wanted to' touch the venomous substance he knew that if he were to do that it would possibly result in quite the unfortunate outcome. Luckily some of the proper procedures was followed such as the muzzle that was strapped firmly around the woman's head and that kevlar bra fasted around the lady's breasts, grooming standards were also met. "Everything seems to be in order... I'm not going to make assumptions but it's safe to say that moisture of hers isn't exactly beneficial to one's health." The Chaplain cautiously stepped around the globules of poison before making his way back over to Brock and Zack. "Unless it's absolutely necessary, let's not engage in any form of punishment. Besides it's her first day here, she has yet to learn the rules. Yet i'm sure she could use a couple of jolts to wake her up, unlike Cahone i'm sure she's quite the talkative one." He could already tell that this one was going to be violent, a lot more violent than Cahone. Calder made sure to keep his guard up in-case she were to react in an aggressive manner.

2e7895e437a02522038b520c15dc3019.jpg
(Location: Thesta Penitentiary, Isolation Block )
(Interactions: Calder SidTheSkid SidTheSkid )
(Mentions: Cahone Flowiest D Flowiest D

ZORRA
Zorra awoke. Her eyes felt groggy and her cheeks felt tear stained. Her vision was blurry as she looked around. She tried to use her hands to get up, but as she moved she felt her arms were tied. Then she felt the same caged sensation again on her face. A whimper left her lips as she realized she was in a small confined room. Panic began to overwhelm her as she remembered that she was taken here, torn away from her beloved and drugged. God she had a headache to. She tried to stretch out but her tail and body only hit walls. She struggled to get up as she began panting and gasping for air. It seemed as if the walls closed around her, the room getting smaller and smaller, "No.. not again.." Zorra cried out in a panicked tone as she withered and squirmed getting up and trying to stretch and feel free. She felt a puddle underneath her. It smelled of sex, poison and Cahone. But then she noticed a man standing by the open door way by two other guards. Zorra's eyes narrowed menacingly, hissing with malice. "Where is he?!" She screamed at the men. Suddenly she became still as she began lifting herself as high as she could on her body, standing well over 7 feet tall. In a sudden jolt Zorra dashed to the elder looking man quickly coiling herself around him coming face to face. She hissed with her tongue flicking out barely getting a taste of the mans flesh. "Where is HE!" She roared in his face, "I need him! Tell me where my love is. Please!" She whined as tears began pooling around the corners of her eyes. Zorra began feeling weaker, and more lax. She realized the drugs were still active and circulating through her veins. She tried to begin squeezing the man but couldn't seem to get her muscles to exert them selves. Then soon as her adrenaline began leaving her system, her body noticeably became relaxed dropping to the feet of the old man. She stared up at as him with tears in her eyes. "Where is he?.." She said again weaker.

• (Location: Thesta Penitentiary, Isolation Block. 7:50 AM )
    (Currently: Interrogating Zorra.)
    (Interactions: Zorra MsPolite MsPolite - Brock And Zack Flowiest D Flowiest D . )
    (Mentions: Brock, Zack, and Zorra.)

Apparently he didn't need Brock or Zack to wake the woman up, she did it all on her own. Just after his last few words left his lips he noticed in the corner of his eye that awakening Naga, sweeping the unwelcoming room with those unsteady golden eyes, conveying disorientation and panic through her actions as she begun to push soft crying whimpers through the muzzle restrained on her face. There was nothing he could really do nor say to the woman until she regained her bearings, all Calder could do was watch as Zorra attempted to sprawl her lengthy body outward, making abrupt contact with stone-walls that aligned the somber chamber as if trying to compensate for room but notably panicking as claustrophobia set in. It didn't take long for her to return to her senses although agitated, he didn't believe that she posed any resemblance of a threat even when she screeched at him and the other standing across from the woman, because of the condition she was currently in he doubt that restricting the snake-like creature would prove nothing but further disobedience. "Good to see that you're awake, as for hi-." Being promptly cut off by the threatening behavior being displayed, Calder's sobering eyes narrowed at her as she darted from one end of the room to the other, wrapping herself around him before coming face to face with him. If it weren't for all the things that he had been through he would've been terrified to see such a creature looking at him like it was their 'lunch', hissing as she brought her devil-forked tongue up his exposed throat and cheek before restating the same question, trembling words echoed through Zorra's blubbering maw as he continued to cast a coldly stare back, not a sign of weakness breaking through his statue composure. She wanted nothing more than to exterminate Calder like some sort of rodent, but she couldn't, not in that state.

"You shouldn't worry, if you must know he's in the next room over. Nothing of harm will happen to him as long as I receive your cooperation." He stated, cautiously snatching the tip of her tail and unfolding it from his feet as he stepped over, giving nothing but a raised brow to Brock and Zack before turning back to the sobbing mess of an inmate. If it weren't for knowing all the crimes she'd committed in her past along with Cahone, maybe then he'd have some sort of guilt seeing Zorra in such unconditional anguish yet she never spared any remorse for those who were at the receiving end of her malice. Nevertheless he couldn't just solely put all the blame on Zorra, knowing from own personal perspective he knew that nobody was born 'evil' just twisted through manipulative ways in their upbringing and taking wrong directions in the path of enlightenment, somewhere deep in that unhallowed mind of hers lurked some benevolence, it was just up to him to find it and for Zorra to allow being rehabilitated. "Please, do not be alarmed. We are not here to hurt you, if anything it's to help." He replied, catching his breathe before continuing. "My name is Calder Zhukov, I am the Chaplain here at Thesta Penitentiary. If you didn't know now, you are here in solitary because of the obscene actions you have displayed which obviously was in direct violation of our code of conduct here. Luckily for you, this is your first time but let this be a reminder of not to do such things again." Taking a moment to yawn, Calder was surprised to feel himself instinctively shielding his ears as he carried himself against the wall to prevent him from falling over onto the unforgiving ground, a high-pitch noise gave way through the room for nearly a minute before ending. Calder felt his chest compressing and expanding with each inhale and exhale as he brought his hands to his knees, looking at the guards with confusion. It didn't take long for him to notice a bunch of shouting throughout the corridor outside of the room, a specialized task force unit dragging what appeared to be another inmate to solitary after he had shrugged of whatever the hell that sensation was. "That was.. Rather unpleasant.. As I was saying.. I'd like to get to know you better Zora, I am not your enemy but a friend that is willing to lend a helping hand. I use to be an inmate here, just like you but here I am standing with freedoms I could've only dreamed of, but this was not attained easily as you know, many years did I have to show my commitment and maybe one day you can achieve something similar to it as well.

He didn't know what kind of chance she had at redeeming herself with such atrocities having been already committed, the least he could do is allow few freedoms but only if she behaved. "But I need you to act accordingly or else I cannot promise this, but if you do not well I cannot exactly say whether or not you'll be able to see Cahone or the outside of this cell that you're in. Now, if you don't mind please Miss Zorra tell me anything about yourself... Upbringings, hobbies, even life in general if you wish. You do not have to speak to me if you truly desire but remember that in a place like this, you'll need friends." He spoke, flipping through his clipboard of information as he placed the tip of his ballpoint pen against a blank sheet of paper, waiting for Zorra's response.​

23610D4856655C91341050
Mannnequin ~ Mannie "White Noise"
  • (Location: Thesta Penitentiary, 10 minutes before Calder's interrogation. )
    (Currently: Being brought to Isolation)
    (Interactions: No-one. )
    (Mentions: No-one. )

Why, why would such a creator be so cruel? She kept asking herself this over and over again as a shivering sensation washed over her body, always growing colder as that figure approached. Stepping from reality into her dreams just to haunt her even though he's dead, no-matter how hard she tried to escape it would always be the same, he'd always find her. Flashing images of his unclothed body carved into her mind like a scalpel tearing into weakened flesh, not to mention that unforgivable smile that'd stretch from ear to ear, enjoying his demented cruelty as he would force her to do unspeakable things. Every opportunity he got to give into that overwhelming lust of his he would, if she so much as resisted well... She'd have another scar to add to her body, like the ones sliced through the bottom of her eyelid, a constant reminder to always obey and suppress those scared thoughts for another day. Mannie's midnight terrors were soon interrupted after she felt an abrupt shock through her back, a jolting sensation bringing her upward as she looked around her, indistinct voices could be heard from the barred window on the left of Mannie, a constant rumbling beneath her 'teensy' feet that jogged her memory of the incident. Those heavily-armored men must've thrown her in the back of this vehicle after capturing her and shackling her from head to toe, who exactly were these men but more importantly where were they taking her? Mannie didn't know whether to be terrified or to be relieved she was far away from those old terrible memories, at-least it wouldn't happen again, she hoped. "Hm, looks like the whore is awake." Said one of the mysterious men as they took a glance back at her, chuckling as he stole a bite from his food before turning his head away. "Whore..." That same exact phrase, he would always call her when she was shackled to the wall or the confines of his bedroom.

Humiliating Mannie even further through other means as he said it over and over again through that perverse mouth of his. Mannie's brow furrowed as she looked at the men in the front, giggling at something... Acting like they were berating her just like him while she shook in resentment, flashbacks of his psychological and physical abuse made the mannequin tilt the back of hear head against the sturdy wall, breathing heavily as she did so. They were no better then him! This wasn't a rescue but another plot to manipulate and force her to do their bidding. "Hey, can you turn something on? This one wont shut up back here." One of them complained, sounds of music flowed throughout the vehicle as they attempted to drown out Mannie's hysteria but little did they know it would seal their fate instead. These humans, all of them were unforgivable and past the point of redemption, for now these ones would have to serve as an example. Unknowingly beknowst to the personnel sitting in the front of the cabin, each second wasted was another second closer to their death.

"What the hell is with this radio?" No matter how much they tried to turn the volume down, it would always rise making them clench their ears with every ten decibels raised. By the time they reached the facility they had almost lost consciousness, droplets of blood trinkled from their eardrums as the music continued at reaching a deafening volume throughout the courtyard of the prison, minutes had past until a task force unit was sent on the scene, all of them equipped with ear-muffs as they approached the vehicle. A few of them struggling to step forward after the sheer force of energy bursted through the bullet-resistant glass and dispersed to the outside, even managing to collapse the vehicle and effortlessly pop its tires before they stumbled upon the shackled prisoner, somehow managing to shoot a series of sedatives into her which rendered the mannequin unconscious. By the time they reached the interior cabin of the vehicle, it was too late. Every passenger including the driver was discovered with ruptured eardrums, excessive quantities of blood pouring from the orifices in their body, and more. Members of the task force looked on in disbelief at the remains of their comrades, the rest of them dragging Mannie's unconscious body into the penitentiary, putting an end to the madness that had previously ensued.

(I was a bit tired at the time I wrote this. x.x )

Last edited:
Kala and Sam

While Chaos ensued in various places of the prison and the cellmate walked away in such a frail way, the Drider walked up to a guard. Now, the guard would be equally as confused as they saw the spider now as a human, but they still took precautions to a ten-foot tall woman.
....Can I please go to work? I... don’t want to be here anymore. I am done eating.” The Spider was already tired, finding the day being the worse start to a new life.
The guard looked her up and down, making a note to report the change of appearance until they ran into the spider’s exoskeleton rear that was invisible due to the illusion. “What the... noted...” The guard now understood somewhat, seeing as almost anything was possible in this cement cage. “Come on, let’s get you moving then.

The girl would walk behind the armed guard, looking at the drab walls and other guards. A few would raise their eyebrows at the illusion they saw, eyes that would have looked at her like a freak now undressed her in their minds with all her height and assets. Even a few inmates who were in transit would stare. It was different, but as Kala began to figure out, it was no better than the stares of fear and hate. Still thought of as something else other than a living and thinking being. Luckily the guard leading her seemed uninterested in anything but doing their job, and thanks to that Kala would put an effort into remembering their voice and what little features she could see through their outfit.

Newcomer?
Were they speaking to her? “Y-yeah.”
Me too, and it seems like hell. I expected it to be some shit, but damn. You better not start anything.
I just wanted to eat my breakfast, and now I got a bunch of hallucinations and a panic attack I had to deal with.
Name’s Sam, and you?
....Kala.” The Spider watched the Guard’s back and, when the turned around, started to analyze them. A compact gas mask, heavy swat gear, a sidearm as well as a shotgun, and finally a helmet attached to the mask. Even their voice was slightly distorted. Despite all this gear they had walked at a decent pace as well, so probably built.
"Well, I will be outside with you, your equipment is outside... and as a friendly reminder, you are being watched. Don't try anything stupid like hiding a hammer or other tool."
With a nod to acknowledge their rules, Kala went through the door and out into the yard outside the normal prison yard, a much nicer and greener area with a foundation and materials for the spider. As for Sam, they walked out behind Kala and then stood against the wall, now watching Kala like a hawk.

Thankfully for the spider they had laid out plans for her, so after a bit of learning tools and figuring out which materials were where she began. Since she got there earlier than most should be for their job she worked longer, the sun beating down on her black and hairless exoskeleton, causing her to overheat. She huddled next to a pile of lumber and sat for a moment, much to the dismay of Sam as they did not like any deviation, but after a quick couple of gestures to demonstrate the issue Sam would allow it. Time passed slowly as she leaned against the wood, the heat's sickening effect. It was nice, feeling the water's breeze on her and the grass being under her.

That was, until what seemed like bad luck had decided to strike her again.

Suddenly her heart rate would spike, her stomach churning to the point of her almost immediately vomiting. Sam immediately noticed something was wrong as the spider clutched her mouth and stood up, the human for they saw was panicking. Kala got about five feet towards the door before her legs gave out, her body feeling like it was burning and freezing in different spots and her skin crawled across her torso. Then it came up. She began to vomit through her clothed fingers, profusely so, and at first, it was their lunch... but soon it would turn to a pitch black sludge. To Sam, they could only describe it in their report as the prisoner was vomiting watery-looking tar from the color of it, the guard now radioing in a need for assistance. As she did so Kala's mind began to pound, their airway blocked and their vision blurs. The only saving grace for her was that she began to see through the illusion curse put on her as it broke, seeing the guard spider now as a normal human in heavy guard attire.

As for Sam, the illusion broke as well. They were not magically in tune with things like this, but if they had to guess like Sam might be asked to do by their superiors, they would guess Kala or something in her body was purging itself of the illusion. After a few minutes the sludge stopped flowing, the now revealed Drider collapsing and convulsing as other guards came to assess the damage. She still had a pulse so a lockdown was avoided, but it did divert many guards just to drag the large paranormal to shade and have a doctor look at them. Moving her was out of the question due to her weight and size, so they waited until she was conscious and move her to the medical bay by having her slowly walk as their chest was covered in the black goo.

As for Sam, they accompanied the Drider and other guards to make sure this was not some escape attempt, now posting herself outside of the room for a bit.

Both Sam and Kala were thinking the same thing.

What a shitty day.

|:| Jasper Bent |:|

The mind reader took a step back as Silver barked her own share of insults and threats. He couldn't blame her; he started it, after all, going on about a crime he didn't commit but was now taking credit for it, all to get her to back off of him and Alice, but it only seemed to poke an uneasy bear. Was this going to provoke another fight, and therefore, another lockdown in the same hour? It would be rather counter-productive, seeing a lockdown was just called off. Some efficient prison it'd be to call one, call it right off, then start another. Why not just keep them with their heads against the floor and cowering before the guards? Oh right, that'd be inhumane. Not like they weren't already being treated like test dummies, especially the ones who needed injections to be stabilized like himself. If anything, if a fight had broken out, there would've been witnesses to show that Jasper hadn't started it. However, his sharp tongue did provoke the potential fight, and that alone could win him a few days in solitary. Well, at least I won't be babysitting for the dumbass guards if that's the case...

But Silver's demeanor changed from an aggressive one... to one of making friends, without the need for looking at his little crumb he'd left for her. A chance to be... friends? Expanding on a circle that was already nothing more than a line. Why not? He'd already dropped her a hint. She was going to ask questions at some point, get involved in the escape, and have to be close with him. At this point, an alliance was a guarantee. He grinned and nodded at her change in attitude, going from wanting to kill each other to much more civil. All fears of another uproar had vanished; things were resolved, and any unpleasant glares from overwatching guards drifted away.

"That's a better attitude," he nodded, his eyes changing between Gail and Silver, both seemingly close by. Time to bury the hatchet with one and keep another calm, and hopefully the peace would extend to Alasdair and end any sort of unnecessary bad blood over a few petty mess hall pranks. He was asked about his name, fortunately not too personal a question after all... "Jasper Bent. Pleasure to meet you both..." His next words appeared to be directed to Silver more than anything else. After all, they did pick a fight with her. He kept Alice out of any sort of arm's reach from the two strangers nearby, still worried one would approach her. But like a good leader, he was going to protect his own. "As for you... apologies for the... shocking invitation." He grinned in a joking, sarcastic manner as he remembered the surprised expressions on their faces at the bolt passing through her and Alasdair. "I simply wanted proof of my cellmate's capabilities, as it turns out, she seems more... lucid, and capable, than usual today. How else was she able to use her powers between these walls? Seems as if they haven't perfected her serum just yet. Not quite as much as my own. It's why I can only read minds and send messages towards the end of the day. Because for the remainder of it, my powers are obsolete for the most part. All I can detect in people are emotions, sadly, which isn't too telling, unless I am working to be feared...."

Taking a comfortable step back from Silver so that he could face both girls before him, he continued, "This place sucks though, you got that right, Gail. You might as well get used to it, coming from a guy who's been here for a while."

All throughout his monologue, Jasper's eyes flickered towards Silver's front pouch pocket. The partial map... would she be able to recognize this was a map of the prison? And would she snitch or band together with him and Alice quietly?

Mentions: firebright24 firebright24 WillfulWren WillfulWren

(Was gonna write for the Warden, but I have better ideas for him in the near future)

Silver smiled one of her adorably sweet smiles, then glanced warily at Alice. "I'm....Umm...." Which name should she use... Her birth name was Scarlett, but she hadn't used that name for so long that it felt alien to her, but Argenta was a fake name, one she made up, and so...

"Silver. My name is a tricky subject, but most people call me Silver." She didn't bother stating the reason. "Should we start over?" If she had a better understanding of human customs, she would have held her hand out to shake, but she was clueless about such things - naive, some might say. Easily manipulated, easily tricked. Her fangs were clearly visible as she grinned, the main betrayers of her animal heritage and instincts, as her hair covered her pointed ears, and one normally only noticed the unusual slit pupils if they were really paying attention.
"Apology accepted!" She said happily. Gail rolled her eyes, already one hundred per cent done with the albino's loud, friendly manner. She made a disgusted noise, laying her head on the table.

But the next second, Gail was on her feet, blue-white eyes wide as she stared at Alice. "You-" She cut herself off, glancing at the guards before lowering her voice to a conspiratorial whisper. "You can use your powers, like right now?" Her desperate gaze turned on Jasper. "And your injection wears off? Huh...If mine wears off...." She grinned savagely, envisioning the chaos she could cause.. "How do you think this place would fare in a tornado?"

Silver is in no way a snitch. She's too loyal for that. "Okay, so Jasper, you're a mind reader, you can control electicity.... And you....Weather? Air?-" Silver stopped at Gail's nod, and bit her lip. "All on injections...Huh. My inhi...Inhu...The thing that stop me from using my power is this." She held up her wrist to show the delicate electrum chain, some links already bent from her fangs. "I turn into animals." As if it wasn't easy enough to guess, just from her manner.

(I don't have long, so may be a few mistakes)

Cahone was put into the water of the ice pool again.
Mitch chuckled as cahone glared.

“Hey I was told to keep you here until the warden said so” Mitch went to the man operating the controls behind the glass. He tapped on the door before opening it. “Jeremy you fat fuck got a smoke?”
They ate and smoked over small talk as cahone slowly froze screamed and seemed like he might die.

Last edited:

Starting over for this pack meant not only beginning with first names, but also a further understanding for their powers, and inhibitors, all the more beneficial for Jasper. If he were going to incorporate them into his plans, he needed to know specifics: what they could do, how they could contribute, when to execute while their powers could be used, how to break the inhibitors... all crucial in figuring out how to strike properly with them. Much like him and Alice, Gail was held back by an injection, and had ambitions in regards to bringing the whole prison down if she were to ever get a chance. What a hyper little soul she was, a new inmate clearly unaware of the specifics of how things run here. Jasper hated being the barer of bad news, but he might have to be so that this girl doesn't get ahead of herself and hope for a miracle that may not come so easily. Or was the illusion of hope good for her? He was good at reading minds, but a psychologist, he was not even close to.

"Good to meet you, Silver," he answered to this new companion of his with a smile. That little incident moments ago, dropping food on laps and sending electric shocks, all a thing of the past, water under the bridge. He then turned his attention to Gail for a moment. "Yes. My powers do wear off, but it's not an immediate process..." He'd made his choice: honesty. The best way to earn her trust that he could think of: tell her like it is, but show her hope at the same time. "I slowly begin to read thoughts again, and in time, I'll be able to send telepathic messages again. The way it works is rather... complicated." He shrugged. "At this point, it's like riding a bike, but in a way that I can't really explain unless you know what I'm talking about. So I won't give you a headache from the details, no pun intended. But I can tell you it's slow, but it does its job quite effectively..."

He was still standing in front of Alice, protecting her as a human shield from any unsavory glares from the room. His words, however, still addressed Gail. "Her, on the other hand, has a different kind of dilemma. Her treatment isn't always effective. Today, for instance, she's more lucid and actually able to use her abilities, where as last night, she was weary and almost in a half-conscious, emotionally unstable state. So first thing to know about injection therapy: it's hit or miss, and never as consistent as they may lead you to believe. But don't think that tearing the building apart in a tornado is that simple. Once they recognize an anomaly of that magnitude, you'll be injected by that wristband you've got, and you'll be dropped like a fly before you have a chance to get a mile away from this dump. Not so worthwhile, right?" Hopefully his offer in the near future would compensate for that.

But Silver had some ability of use too. Shape-shifting, but into animals. An interesting twist, and one that raised a few questions. "Is that so? Any animal of your choosing? No matter how big or small? Vicious or harmless? Because if that's the case, I must say that's quite marvelous. I wouldn't expect you to be able to use such powers here, but outside these walls, it must be quite thrilling, right?"

As the conversation went along, a voice came on the intercom once again, the warden's voice. Wasn't it enough that he'd scolded them before and cut their breakfast break short? Now he was announcing how it was about to come to a close:

"Attention inmates, breakfast will be terminated in 5 minutes. Once those are over, you are required to be at your posts for your work duties, awaiting instructions from your supervisors. Tardiness will be punished accordingly."

Jasper found it odd that the warden was the one making these sorts of calls like that. Usually it was a guard. Maybe he wanted to assert his authority by acting like a helicopter parent over the inmates. Or maybe if he wanted something done right, he should do it himself. After all, an example of guard neglect had happened before their eyes, and he was clearly not pleased.

(not quite sure how to accurately describe the workshop, sorry if i didn't fit your vision KasperXIII KasperXIII I can edit if you want. I also don't know shit about engineering, so I'm improvising)

Alasdair entered the workshop and sat down at a table with a large engine resting on it, and he notices the room relatively empty. I must have left early... He thought he left the cafeteria on time, but oh well. he rests his chin in his hand and looks over to see a metal cage with the proper tools for work. The cage had a door, presumably locked, and an opening for somebody, a guard by the looks of it, to check items in and out. This job might be useful to steal parts for his own use, but he hasn't really worked much in any field that requires engineering skills. He lets out a heavy sigh. He looks over the engine. Even his untrained eyes notice some things wrong with it. Several tubes and pipes hanging loose, not attached to anything, a few bolts looking as if they are about to pop off. If the problems are this noticeable, why don't the just do it themselves? He stands up and walks to the metal cage.
"Could I get a wrench?" he asks with a bored tone.
The guard in the cage writes on a form and slides it to him. He looks down and sees the word "wrench" written in a box with a line next to it. Alasdair rolls his eyes and signs his name. the guard takes the sheet back, gives it a quick look, and slides a wrench to him. Alasdair takes the wrench and sits back down. He tightens the bolts and turns the wrench back into the guard. He takes one of the tubes in his hand and sees the code "174B" written on the side, near the end. He scans the engine and finds the corresponding metal cylinder and slides the tube on. It fit snugly on the small metal pipe. He sighs.
This sure is tedious.

Alice had watched the goings on with intensity. Surely Jasper had a plan. Though she personally didn't trust Silver very much she was going to have to. Electricity coursed through her. In response to Silver's question she nodded, "I can use my gifts in my current state but sometimes they drug me too heavily".

A call went through the intercom. Breakfast would be ending. Slowly inmates started moving to their individual jobs. Alice suddenly felt a thrill of panic. She would have to be away from Jasper. She shook her head and tried to still her heart. It would be okay. She would be fine on her own. She touched Jaspers hand and smiled at him as she left his side to go to her work space. Carpentry and woodwork, something she rather enjoyed doing. She found a work bench and sat down to wait a bit before starting. She tried to calm herself so she wouldn't become volatile. She picked up a chisel and rubber mallet and began working on her project. Slowly using the chisel to peel up strips of wood. The labor left her time to think. Gave her away to get her anger out. She felt herself slowly relax.

The touch from Alice's hand caused a shock very different from the one a girl like her was probably used to emitting. It was probably a reassurance that she'd be okay in her workplace. Yet he still worried about her. Her relationship with Silver was restored, but not Alasdair, and he was still unaware where he'd be and if he'd try to hurt her in his absence. He'd already set himself to be a protector of sorts, and that meant if anyone wanted to get to Alice, they'd, in one way or another, have to deal with Jasper too. And unlike her, he didn't have his powers to defend himself, and his physical condition was only so good for protecting himself. Against mightier brutes like some of the more well-endowed guards, he'd stand no chance. So any sort of harassment, he'd have to pray it doesn't get out of hand. Guards shouldn't touch her, so long as she doesn't act up and show her powers to the guards. So much he'd have to hope for, too much chance in the mix for his liking. His entire plans hinged on reducing the role of bad fortunate, and now he had a wild card to keep a leash on. Perfect... At least this wild card was powerful. Even a bit cute.

And then there was Silver, now holding a hint to his plans in her pocket. He had many other questions to ask about her capabilities, as they'd be an asset in the future once their powers become usable in the escape. Like Alice, he probably wouldn't regret this alliance. But what she would do if she were to ever find out is a mystery. It is a factor that he'd yet to test with Alice, but when Silver sees it, the possibilities are endless. She could stay quiet and not understand the meaning of the drawing. She could recognize it significance and snitch, but that seemed unlikely. What was more likely was she'd use it as leverage. What would be even more dangerous is if she shows the sketch to others and explains that there's an escape in progress. More people makes the escape more complicated and would make planning far more rigorous. So all he could do is hope that she doesn't spray.

Lastly, there was Gail, present through it all, and clearly unhappy here with a brother in the ranks of the correctional officers. Her intense emotion almost made him feel bad. He wanted to help her out, and now he was basically her babysitter in the heat of that moment. That wasn't going to be the last he'd see of her, that's for sure. And with the ability to start a whole tornado in the prison with her powers, that would make her, too, a force to be reckoned with. He didn't have another slip of paper to just hand out like that, but if these four group up again, he'd have to tell her as well. If this group remains just the four of them, this could work and they may even get away with it with ease...

But with a prison like this an alliances being made with cellmates, what were the odds of that?

"Guess I should report for my work, too. Good to meet you two... guess we'll talk later." Before he turned his back to exit the cafeteria, he left Silver with a simple wink to remind her of the tap he'd left on her jumpsuit pouch. A hint that it wasn't just him getting too touchy for his own good. That there was something worth mention beyond his mere actions... Indeed, they'd encounter one another again, even if it meant Jasper had to approach personally.

Work time, and unlike most of the other inmates on the manifest, Jasper had no written specification of his job with his cell designation. It was literally nothing more than 'report to your cell and wait for further instruction.' It wasn't janitorial duty, otherwise it'd say upright. Was this an indirect way of saying that he was in trouble? Or was this job simply not going to be something of the ordinary? He returned to gen-pop, glancing over at the janitorial crowd standing in the main hallway as he climbed up the steps to his cell. They hadn't begun yet and were awaiting instructions, but Jasper's priority was getting changed out of the shirt that'd been soiled by their cafeteria encounter. He'd have to get changed and standing at the door of his cell... waiting.

What horrors awaited ahead of him?

Mentions: firebright24 firebright24 WillfulWren WillfulWren Yonsisac Yonsisac

(Sorry for the lack of posting got myself distracted and dint check here, wont happen again, hope this is alright)

-Val-
Head of security

Pass Location: Caffetiria
Current location:Gen pop second floor
Mention: N/A
Interaction
: Jasper Bent KasperXIII KasperXIII
Action: Informing Inmate of his new work location

Val was done on the inspection ordeal with the elf, seems everything seemed on point at least from some parts it could be seen but it as a pass and in a few days some special visit might come to the prison but only time with tell. With such task done, Val could concentrate on her second important task of the day, the soft clad of hooves meeting the metallic flooring of the second floor gen pop could be surely hard to mistake as there was one person with hooves in this prison for now. Val still slightly against of the idea the warden suggested, knew it as for a good purpose as like he said, everything has a reason in this prison. But hat bothered her most was the fact it as a inmate, it was the only thing that buzz her mind especially in a prison like this but jasper...he has shown a MUCH more controlled behavior compared to other prisoners so he as a exception. Once reaching up the stair way Val saw the usual silent inmate in stained clothes from the cafeteria situation not long ago, stood in front of his cell and well this as perfect actually as at least he was in a still and localized area, easy to spot actually. Holding her usual formal posture with hands on back and raised chin, began to approach him while once cleared throat and began to speak

"Jasper bent" Her usual serious tone announce his name, short grin crossed her face for a few seconds at the fact a prisoner would be with the warden... lucky bastard "Guess you can call yourself lucky" Val stood two meters away from Jasper as she could be seen rather...impressed in a way so to speak, still thinking about the whole situation but instead of seeing as a hostile or unconformable event it as more of a surprising unique situation she never expected to happen in such a prison. "The warden has taken note of your acceptable behavior for your time spent here and such he has personally chosen you to take part of a "New" work position. Jasper bent, you will take seat and assist the warden in his duty as office assistant" Val finished handing out a single paper with the official statement of his position and with the stamp of approval so he knows this as not some stupid joke Val was saying, even if whatever she says is true, bet he dint expect this. "You will begin immediately at this time...as soon as you change" Val stated staring at stained apparel he wear.

First for most the introduction has been establish and stating his work, Val kept repeating the words in her head of what she must say to him and not forget one single detail as this position is utmost importance. From: how he is not allowed to walk from his cell to office and vice versa without her presence and escort at any and all time in working time, how he should keep a calm and acceptable behavior while in office at all time till done, How he should not bring any sort of consumable or object no mater how simple it is in to office,etc. He could take his time as needed to change but its his work time not hers, with a straight stand Val waited for him to change so she could continue to gossip rules,regulations,time,etc and right now Val wanted this to go well. A man as jasper should know how important such a position is. She was ready for any question he could send as Val at first was confused so Jasper will surely react the same way.

Will was in a thoughtful mood during his entire ride to prison. The situation he had found himself into was turning out to be more complex than he had originally anticipated. Obviously, getting caught by the police was complicated enough, but then learning that due to his "condition", he would have to be taken to a"special type of Facility" was borderline worrisome. Was this going to be some sort of military testing lab? Were they going to try and research a way to take away his gift here?

Or maybe, he thought, this means that there are others like me?It certainly was a possibility, a possibility that left him not knowing how to feel. Perhaps it was possible that...
At exactly this moment in time,the van stopped. The back door opened, and two heavily armed police officers appeared, interrupting his train of thought
"Ride's over. Step out of the vehicle" Barked one of them, with a hostility that really wasn't needed. Shrugging, Will got off, and followed the officers inside the prison.

It was quite the fortress, he had to admit as much. Wherever he looked, a guard or a security camera was there. It truly was designed to hold the world's deadliest criminals... Or at least, anybody the government didn't quite like. He was now beginning to worry that amongst all this paranoia for security, the prisoners would be denied their basic rights, for fear of escape. Thankfully, this notion dissipated as soon as the guards led him to the workshop. Seeing all the tools and materials there, he almost relaxed At least I won't die of boredom. how nice of them!

The guard removed his handcuffs, and said, once more in a voice so hostile, you'd think Will had murdered his family in front of him:" According to schedule, woodworking's the job you were assigned, so get on with it. And If I even suspect that you're crafting something that can as much as breathe on somebody, you'll spend the rest of your days in Isolation. Understood?"
William was beginning to grow quite annoyed at the guard's behavior, yet he surprisingly managed to restrain himself, merely nodding as the guard left. Glad that this part was over, Will turned to the workbench. Excited about finally getting the opportunity to work on something after many weeks, he opted to warm up with a simple design: A simple chair, made solely from a few 2x4's. A normal person would require several hours to finish such a project, but Will's extraordinary skills, combined with him summoning the exact tool he needed, he was making very swift progress, and the project was finished within half an hour.

He was about to begin building something else, when something caught his eye in the workbench next to him. A pink-haired girl, and quite a lovely one at that, trying to work on some other pieces of carpentry. And while her work was far from awful, he reckoned woodwork was not her strongest suit. After a brief moment of hesitation, he decided to go meet her, and offer her some help. Hell, Prison can get pretty depressing if you've got no one to talk to. Of course, he would never attempt such a bold move had he still been free, but there wasn't exactly much to lose in a prison. Making his way up to her workbench, he said : "I think you need to apply slightly less force with the mallet there. Otherwise the holes will end up too big for the nails to fit in properly." Will flinched as he heard himself say that. fit properly? He still needed some serious work on the social department, sadly. And since it was too late to turn back, he added "Name's Will, by the way", causing him to flinch once more.

Mentions: firebright24 firebright24

(Terribly sorry if this post looks like shit. I wrote it with 4 hours of sleep in my brain)

Last edited:
Alice looked up at the man. Her eyes glinting in surprise. He still had the chisel edge imbedded in the wood. There was a curl of wood forming as she had been in the middle of a blow. "O-oh, I uh...I don't know how to do this sorta thing very well." She shivered and looked around the room. The guards were practically asleep so she stretched and let a wave electricity roll through her, sparking off her fingertips. She breathed a deep sigh of relief. Looking back at the wood she did as Will had suggested. Her hands changing the angle of her blade. and adjusting the force. "My name is Alice" she smiled up at him and glanced around the room again. She blew a lock of her hair out of her face as she refocused. She glanced over at him a bit as she continued, only then did it occur to her that he might mean her harm despite his friendly attitude. Her grip tightened on her tools at the thought. She was ready defend herself if necessary.
Athanas Athanas

Before he could step inside and get himself changed out of the stained garments, he'd been halted by the sound of his full name called out by a familiar, and on some occasions, intimidating, voice. His head tilted around his head as he placed a hand on his cell door, looking at the centaur guard from the corner of his eyes. Officer Felvon, one of the higher-ups in the CO's. There were three kinds of guards in this prison, as Jasper had seen. There were the take-no-shit uphold-the-law-at-all-cost guards like Val that were feared among the long-term inmates. There were the show-offs who always wanted to play hero and seek for credit like Mitch, Zack, and Brock, though they'd consider themselves in the first rank. And the last one was the careless division who does nothing, and only make difficult calls when they have to, and when they do, they go overboard, like the moron who called a lockdown moments ago instead of separating the smooching couple. But whatever job Jasper had needed the best of Warden Brookes' flock, the massive, intimidating head of security. What kind of job was he appointed? Why him? And most importantly... what were the implications, good and bad?

Could they be to his advantage?

Walking inside the cell without the slightest sign of acknowledgement would probably damage any good will he had at this point. He'd never received a shot and never landed himself in a confrontation with a guard. And now that he'd landed himself a high-rise job in the prison, he really shouldn't screw this up. That meant no risking any foreign objects entering the Warden's office, no attempt to openly break a rule. "Officer Felvon..." he responded. The centaur took note of the mess on his clothing and realized he wasn't going to waltz into his new job like that. He had a backup uniform in his cell, so getting changed wasn't too big an issue. But an office job, personal assistant to the Warden... Damn, that's a heavy responsibility. All falling into the inmate plotting an escape. But there's no way they were catching on to him; he'd never spoken or hinted anyone about the escape until today with Silver. So he had nothing to be afraid of in the immediate future. But if his cell was going to be searched, he'd better really hide his sketches and plans. "An assistant? Sounds fancy." His limited powers allowed him to get a faint read on Val's emotions. He'd done this before, and this time, there didn't seem to be any deception in the mix. She simply gave her usual stone-cold demeanor with no ill intent such as a guard trying to harass an inmate. A relief. "I appreciate the offer from the Warden. Hand picked? I should offer my personal thanks when I get there. Just... one minute to get changed. A bit of a breakfast accident around the time of the lockdown."

With that, he turned his back on Valka and entered the cell, shutting the door behind him. She wouldn't barge in, it seems, and it gave him ample time to get his affairs in order. As he tossed his uniform shirt off from over his head, he took back to the top bunk where his backup shirt was, but crawled to his pillow case first. He had to get rid of this evidence from his property in case his cell is searched. Finally, a reason for this roommate of his to come in handy besides her powers. Alice was far too fragile a figure to be suspect in something like this. Fortunately, there was no need to fully empty his pillow and stuff hers, since they were all practically identical. He took his shirt and pillow and hopped off the top bunk, then reached into Alice's bottom bunk, placed his pillow filled with secrets in the place of hers, then lobbed his up to his bunk again. If they check his belongings, he's in the clear. But if they check Alice? ... that might be bad.

He hoped not.

Safety was now reassured, so he quickly tugged his shirt on over his toned body and exited the cell, looking up to the taller guard before him and nodded in approval. "I'm ready, Officer Felvon."

Mentions: Yonsisac Yonsisac

--

|:| Warden Edward Brookes |:|

After the lockdown had been called and quickly retracted, that meant that the Warden most definitely had to get involved. The name of the CO who called the lockdown was going to remain anonymous, as there was no way to tell whose pager sent out the call, but an investigation would be held later when he calls the guards for a meeting in the later hours. That was set for later, but what was in order now was to look into the perpetrators: Zorra and Cahone. He was aware of their past relationship and the power in the prison that Cahone had, and he was a strong advocate for his special treatment to stop. No one was special in this prison, not even his newly-appointed assistant Jasper, who'd be under tight supervision from the security room - besides, what inmate would be stupid enough to misbehave in the Warden's office, even unattended? Still.... with Cahone in the ice bath as punishment, Zorra was in solitary, and, as he could tell by security cameras in isolation, was being interrogated by Calder. Looks like a time for him to butt in and make sure this incident never happens again.

Before he exited his office, his personal radio emitted static for a second to give off a voice: "Warden... awaiting confirmation to release the mannequin inmate in solitary. Her case is awaiting your approval."

Mannie... Brookes was tempted to deny this dangerous inmate access to gen-pop, especially given her volatile nature and scary ability. But the case given in her favor was rather... convincing. He'd be a fool and dishonorable not to authorize this. But she'd be on a tight leash. He clicked the button on his radio to speak: "Release her to gen-pop. But keep eyes on her at work. Any infraction will be punishable by her return to isolation indefinitely."

"Yes, sir."

With that taken care of, there were two issues left on the agenda for the near future: Zorra first, then come back to his office to meet up with Jasper Bent, his new assistant that he'd handpicked. He had no doubts in the telepathic man, so having him sit around and wait didn't seem like such a bad idea, especially if Valka waits with him. He stood up from his desk and parted from his office. Off to the solitary wing, though he'd do nothing more than simply stand in the hallway a distance away, out of the view of Zorra, but Calder would be able to see him from the right in the corner of his eye, just so he knows that the Warden is watching, and probably wanted in on that.

Just a shadow in the distance... he was the Warden after all. Getting too close to an inmate who created a disturbance off of day one was obviously risky. Distance was prudent here.

Mentions: Flowiest D Flowiest D SidTheSkid SidTheSkid

• (Location: Thesta Penitentiary, Isolation Block.)
    (Currently: Dreading the idea of filling out another incident report.)
    (Interactions: Warden Edward Brookes. KasperXIII KasperXIII )
    (Mentions: Zorra/Cahone. )

As expected, insubordinate inmates including Cahone always conducted themselves with a tightened lip when it came to questioning. Prying so much as a single word out of individuals like this would be rather impractical or it would just be them constantly hurling harebrained insults at the interrogator but even with their continuous silence, Calder always pricked at their conscious without them knowing. Studying behavioral traits of these convicts, supervising them while they're interacting, and gaining additional information on them without them noticing. In due time he'll get them to loosen their jaw, even it requires manipulating them or acting like a true friend. "I see." His silhouette emerged from the corridors, consuming surrounding atmosphere with a strict emotion as he was discovered by Calder who noticed him briefly within the corner of his eye. Edward Brookes, easily known as the warden around this penitentiary, who couldn't forget that? That unmistakable scar trailing down from his face along with that complimentary expression of his always managed to exert the utmost discipline out from his underlings and Calder was no exception to that. Zhukov held no distinctive accord with Edward aside from sharing a similar respect for one another, in-fact he always figured that Edward and him had a mutual affinity besides them both being 'old' but he couldn't figure out what exactly. "Well Miss Zorra, i'll attend to you shortly once you regain your composure."

Knowing that his cross-examination was lacking, he believed that it was best for the young woman to recover before coming back to further questioning. Calder smoothly gave a discrete glance at the hard-covered door's glass insert before gathering his filed documents and departing from the reinforced cell, momentarily addressing for the Naga not to be given any harsh treatment unless threatened as he closed the ballistic door behind him and faced Mr.Brookes, letting out a disruptive sigh as he did so. "As per usual, disobedient. They shouldn't prove to much of an issue once given a bit of time, it seems as if solitary had somewhat of an impact on both of them." He spoke in his usual grizzly tone, scanning his eyes back at Zorra before handing over a stuffed manila folder, separating both Cahone and Zorra's incident paperwork while keeping other miscellaneous rap sheets in his binder tucked neatly underneath his arm. "Thankfully nothing violent occurred with the exception of tearing the two off of each other and minor injuries to a guard. Other than that, the incident report has been filled out however they refuse to speak. As to be expected though, given time i'll be able to get through them like I always do sir."

Without warning a vociferous string of yelling could be heard down the corridor, a squadron of guards attempting to place one of the irregular inmates in handcuffs, one that was known for extremely violent tendencies and his rare genetic traits. It would've been entertaining seeing this spectacle unfold if it weren't for the fact that the humanoid chimera throwing around correction officers like they were bags filled with feathers. "BROOKES!" A bundle of heated air flowed out of its massive nostrils as it busted out from the bundle of guards atop of it, an eleven foot monstrosity charging towards them with a starling pace that shook the floor with each step it took. This wasn't good, seeing that both Calder and Edward were in a cramped corridor with nowhere to go, except through the wall if this creature were to ram into them. Calder took a short moment to place his belongings nonchalantly down upon the tiles below him before initiating an offensive stance, thrusting his palm into the abdomen of the creature with a lightning-quick response leaving them both standing motionless until the chimera's bottom lip trembled, both of the creature's eyes rolling into the back of its head before being launched backwards aimlessly at an alarming pace before slamming into the sturdy stone wall, leaving indentations in the foundation as it collapsed to the ground with a deafening thud. "Didn't know you had fans Brookes." Calder cracked his knuckles silently as he watched the remaining guards awkwardly look at him before returning to their duties, even though he prevented both of them from becoming squished like pancakes there was a hint of remorse in his expression as he listened to the painful groans of the creature, thankfully he didn't hit the chimera hard enough to kill it.

The ShapeShifter slowly thought through what the mind reader - Jasper - had said. There was some bits she didn't quite get due to her limited vocabulary and attention span, but the bit that was important....

Okay, she got the gist of what was said. Hopefully.

She stretched as she made her way to her designated working area, the movement catlike in itself, before she got to work. Not on cooking - that would be too simple, after all. Those sharpened fangs started worrying at the bent links on the bracelet. It was clear that her capabilities in her human form had been greatly underestimated. The chain was delicate, pretty...Feminine, even.

She would almost be sad to see it break, as it would be quickly replaced by something thicker,stronger and uglier. But to be rid of the burning of the metal, rid of the itching in her human skin that begged for her to change forms.... It would be a relief to get rid of it.
Seeing the guard's eyes on her she started 'working'. Silver wasn't sure what she was supposed to be doing (She could eat meat raw after all, so had never had any need of cooking), so she just made an attempt to look busy while looking for something sharp or heavy. No such luck, of course. The guard's had to do all the chopping as the inmate's weren't trusted with blades.

Oh well. Silver went for the stupidest distraction tactic in the book, and tipped over a stool, seemingly by accident. "Woops!" She said, with a sweet grin. "Silly me!" The guard - who had green hair, for some reason - righted it with a sigh and a grunted warning. Apparently that didn't work. Oh well.

She carried on pseudo working - apparently the young guard knew as little about cooking as she did, as he didn't question the random items she threw into various pots - then waited until there was a counter between her and the guard then she tripped, with a crash and a curse.

Silver heard hurried footsteps towards her, and hooked one of the bent links on a fang and then tugged her head back as hard as she could. There was a faint 'ting' noise as the metal bracelet hit the floor, and the footsteps got faster - a run - but it was too late. The fluffy silver cat darted through his legs and ran for the door, even as Gentian raised the alarm. Poor boy's gonna get in trouble for this.
As soon as she got into the corridor, Silver turned into a wolf, loping down the hall towards where the others were working to cause as much trouble as she could before being caught, but then she took a few wrong turns towards solitary when - uh oh.

She skidded to a halt, furred belly close to the ground as she watched the man...The warden? Yes, that was right. Oh dear.
What the hell had she got herself into now?

|:| Warden Edward Brookes |:|

As expected, the simple position of standing a distance away from the interrogation got the attention of the Chaplain and sent the clear signal to come forth, as business was in order and wasn't quite the discussion to be had in front of an uncooperative inmate in solitary. A conversation to be had between two seasoned older gentlemen working to protect the correctional facility, both of which gifted in their own right, although Calder wasn't aware of Edward's cold abilities. Nobody was, and it was best to keep it that way. The Warden was unaware of The Chaplain's familiarity with Thestian politics and the rebellion that resulted in the burning of the daughter of a politician, one that he'd slept with and developed his ice powers and properties from. How such an ability was sexually transmitted was still a mystery to him, but he was hellbent on finding a cure before any word gets out. None of his most trusted could ever know unless it was absolutely necessary, no matter how close he'd become. It was... quite dark and lonely. Especially because he couldn't have a romantic relationship without ruining his partner's life forever. Perhaps he gets over that through his work. Maybe he's just accepted that he'll never find love like that of his first wife ever again. Who knows... Thesta Penitentiary was his new child, one he was nourishing with every bit of love in his heart to allow to grow at full capacity.

Calder exhibited his thorough work in following protocol with the recent incident, following up beyond the paperwork by talking to the perpetrator herself. Normally, the Warden wouldn't be involved in interrogations unless it was matters that would compromise the integrity of his unbreakable prison, but simple almost-sex in the cafeteria was by no means a major threat, but an offense all the same from repeat offenders, one of which he knew was a corrupt inmate. What mattered was the efficiency behind Calder's works, details enlisted and the situation resolved with little to no injuries. It did bother the icy-powered man that a lockdown as needed to extinguish this fire, but he'd go into that later. All in all, it got a nod out of the Warden. "Excellent work, Officer Zhukov. I expected nothing less from you, and the swiftness in settling the matter is well appreciated. In my experience, inmates can be rather difficult to break, especially ones like the two we've broken off today. Perhaps the change in system has caused more unrest than I'd anticipated. Especially with a reunion that's just been started..." His eyes peeked over Calder's shoulder over towards Zorra's cell, then back to the Chaplain. "I was aware there'd be issues, but morning fun in the cafeteria? That's a first for me. Getting through to these two would be a peaceful way to go about it. Again, I trust your methods, so I assume this can be settled and dealt with after a day of her in solitary, and the treatment Inmate Pyrite is receiving as we speak."

The Warden rarely steps out into the public reach of inmates, and usually only does so with a security detail. Solitary always seemed to be relatively safe as a secure area of the prison, but not always 100%. That was proven as an inmate battled it out with a few guards struggling to restrain him, all leading up to the miscreant escaping the clutches of the guards and seemingly coming in their direction. It would make sense for the Warden to defend himself with his powers in such a situation - possibly freeze the chimera and save his own hide, although that'd kill the inmate most probably. But Calder was right there, and freezing another being isn't typical from a powerless human. But having a CO along with him would come to his advantage, with the Chaplain neutralizing the threat ever so seamlessly with a mighty blow to knock the creature out. Fortunately, Edward was standing behind Calder through the swing, and was out of the way of the action, just as any other simple man in a suit should be. Whatever this creature was, it was after him, calling him by his last name. "Huh," he scoffed. "I wouldn't call this the best fan club ever, but it sure as hell beats the press, if you ask me."

But things weren't over just yet. First, the chimera. Next.... a wolf? Yet another inmate who'd escaped their inhibitor or binds? A shapeshifter, perhaps? He couldn't say for certain, as Thesta Penn was home to many shapeshifters. However, whoever it was was clearly underestimated. They'd be spending a fair time in solitary while more powerful cuffs were prepared. Unlike the chimera, Silver didn't seem to call after Brookes, but it still made him worry. A hand slipped behind his back, still using Calder as a human shield, as a large shard of ice formed in his hind hand, prepared to stab the wolf if it gets too close. He could pass it off as a dagger, anyway. A tad out of the ordinary, but he knew he'd have to defend himself if the CO doesn't succeed in neutralizing the beast. But seeing his past success, he felt somewhat secure. He did murmur to Calder, "If you can't take that thing, call a lockdown..." before calling outloud to Silver, "Back, beast! The more you resist, the more trouble you'll land yourself! I suggest you turn to human form and don't run, unless you want to land your sorry ass in solitary for a week!"

Simple words weren't going to stop a shapeshifter, but the warning might scare them... the wolf seemed to hesitate, after all. Maybe it was afraid of punishment. Who knows what the creature did before it landed itself in solitary... probably assaulted a guard, too. Now, things were in Calder's hands. The Warden didn't have his pager to call a lockdown himself, so this wasn't his call anymore... he just hoped this wouldn't have to result in a death and reach the public as such.

Mentions: WillfulWren WillfulWren SidTheSkid SidTheSkid

• (Location: Thesta Penitentiary, Isolation Block.)
    (Currently: Annoyed, Chasing after Silver.)
    (Interactions: Warden Edward Brookes & Silver WillfulWren WillfulWren - KasperXIII KasperXIII )
    (Mentions: Cahone)

Never did he believe so many events would happen in one day, within a duration of an hour about two or three lock-downs had transpired and all of which he wasn't there for except for involving himself in the aftermath. For Thesta Penitentiary this is what you'd consider to be a 'normal day' but nevertheless each event was taking place one after the other, a string of disobedience and rowdiness from a diverse number of the inmates including Cahone with his uncontrollable fetish for snake-women. Something was definitely amiss, rarely do these outbursts happen so close to one another but perhaps it's a warning of things to come? As much as he'd like to suspect a conspiracy these inmates frequently withheld information from authorities just to dis-sway investigations, even going as far as creating scenarios or outright lying to officials to distract them from the truth that lurks within the shadows of these great 'four-walls'. Although it could just be his own paranoia getting the better of him, most of which was established from being from his own inquisitiveness or the fact that it was a part of his occupation as it required him to always be on the alert as to prevent things from happening in the future or the present. "Can't agree with you more, often it's a bit difficult being the 'good guy' to these inmates." The Chaplain rarely got himself involved in dangerous circumstances unless necessary as he had his own reputation to keep amongst the other prisoners, mainly him acting as a guardian figure that they could confess to at times or just having a simple conversation about life in general. Conflicting thoughts of righteous deeds and immoral acts scrubbed his mind on the daily, making him question his own impressions of what being a virtuous symbol of the lord meant however it was extraordinarily difficult concerning his condition. Additional prompts of his excruciating past had their tendencies of popping up in his mind, each notion imploring inconceivable violence of his past and the lust he had

for it, even so much as looking at the unconscious chimera made his eyes grow fiery hot with cravings of sadism not to mention the new arrival that had just skittishly introduced themselves across from both Calder and Edward. "Interesting, I believe this one managed to breach their inhibitor." Shape-shifters, possibly the most crafty out of the bunch of inmates in Thesta, if anyone was capable of breaking out of this dreadful prison it had to be them. The only thing keeping them from being able to escape were those gadgets preventing them from changing into something too big or too small so they could effortlessly escape containment. Regardless of their ability to transform into almost anything they'd like, it wasn't going to stop him from being re-contained even if that meant for Calder to physically harm the convict. "Understood, I doubt there'll be any need for a lockdown unless things get out of hand." He addressed to Warden Brookes before immediately locking eyes with Silver, nonchalantly reaching into his coat-pocket while doing so and eventually retrieving a handful of steel ball bearings that shuffled around in the palm of his hand as he begun stepping forward, an unnerving expression emerging from his face as his speed hastened. Calder felt his heart sunk like a ship as he approached the shapeshifting creature, a familiar smirk twisting his thoughts like twine as he gripped the bearings heavily, he didn't understand why but there was a part of him that yearned for bloodshed.

"You're mine."

Silver felt the fur on the back of her neck - the hackles - bristle, in a vain attempt to make herself seem bigger, more threatening. She took a faltering step back, mind racing through escape strategies.
How long? She thought, wanting to snap and snarl at something out of frustration. If she could turn into something bigger - like the dragon she had glimpsed once, flying over the forest she called home - she could get out of here easy-peasy. But the effects of the electrum hadn't yet faded. In contact with it she couldn't shift at all, and prolonged contact made Shifting, that had once been easy as breathing, difficult. She just needed more time, and escape would be simple.

But nothing could ever be simple. Keeping her brilliant scarlet eyes fixed on the Warden and the Chaplain, she took another slow step back. Her lips pulled back into a snarl at the Chaplain's words, and if she had been in her human form she would have protested, probably with some sort of insult...But wolves couldn't talk, and even she wasn't dumb enough to give up the fangs and claws this form gave her. Power was slowly trickling back to her, and she would have grinned if the wolf had lips capable of it. Finally, she could - just about - Shift into one of her preferred forms. Her form flickered and stretched, then she was a mountain lion, claws unsheathed and fangs bared. She knew her chances of winning in combat were slim, especially if back up was called, and her chance of escape even slimmer...

But that didn't mean she couldn't lead them on a merry chase. She turned and bolted, staying low to the ground as she ran, revelling in the strength this form gave her. Much better than being human.

She headed back towards the canteen, figuring that there'd probably be less guards that way. Though, as she ran, a guard darted in front of her raising his weapon. For about a second, she panicked internally, then she lunged, fangs finding his soft throat. Sure, according to the people who had tried to reason with her, killing was wrong. But hurting people was wrong too, and the electrum bracelet had hurt her. Her teeth ripped through his arm, ignoring the man's death throes as for the first time since she had been caught she tasted human flesh. Gods above, how had she forgotten how good this stuff was? It was so good she forgot her pursuer, to rip open his stomach - and I'm gonna cut myself off there.

RIP npc guard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back