• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings π‘‡π˜©π‘’𝑠𝑒 π‘£π‘–π‘œπ‘™π‘’π‘›π‘‘ π‘‘π‘’π‘™π‘–π‘”π˜©π‘‘π‘  // 𝑛𝑒𝑀 π‘π‘™π‘œπ‘‘π‘ 

Vagabond

A Lonesome Traveler
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Dromomania

Vagabond

now playing

• about me

call me

Xia or Vagabond

pronouns

They/Them

timezone

EST

age range

Mid 20s

Faceclaims

Realistic / Written

Hey, pleasure to meet you! I'm Vagabond or Xia, whichever you prefer is chill with me. I've been roleplaying for the better part of... I'd dare say 13 years, so I've been around. I'm a fairly advanced writer, but length isn't my main concern. As long as we can get the ball rolling and tell a story that pleases the both of us, I'm good with 500 words or 1000 words. A little less is fine, a little more is also okay. My usual length is anywhere from 1k on average to 2k+, so please let me know what you're willing to work with and read before I write a long starter.

Here's a bit more about me.
    • Romance is secondary. I do not ship without chemistry save for rare occasions. I also do not ship without knowing the other mun well - I apologize for being highly selective, but if we jibe in ooc there might be room for discussion.
    • I prefer to use older characters exclusively.
    • I prefer to roleplay in threads or pms. I prefer to chat on discord or pms. If you would like my discord, please let me know.
    • OOC is a must to build rapport with my roleplay partner. I love my ocs and I want to love yours as well. Don't be shy, come info dump in my dms.
    • I love plotting. I love world-building. I love making new characters to uplift my partners' ocs. If you want to build something original from scratch, give me a nudge. I'll always be game.
    • I am ghost-friendly. Being inactive for long periods of time is okay, having a busy life is okay too. If you no longer find the rp interesting or think we're incompatible, just feel free to leave the dms or threads behind in the dust. I work six days a week; I get being busy and biting off more than I can chew. I also get losing interest in things.
    • I like using the same ocs for multiple roleplays. None of my characters are exclusive to yours.
    • I do not participate in roleplays that involve canon characters.
    • My response times will vary. It can take a few hours or a few days - maybe even a week or two.
    If this appeals to you, don't be a stranger. I love making friends!

about you

Alright, so we've had a little about me. Now for a little about you. I'm looking for roleplay partners that are preferably 21+. Usually, I'd say 18+, but I've found out that the barely 18+ crowd can be a little immature for me. No hard feelings, it's just not for me. You don't have to give me much information about yourself - just what you'd like to be called and your pronouns will suffice. Of course, I'd love to get to know you, but I know people like their privacy online and that's okay too.

Now here's what I'm looking for in a roleplay partner:
    • LGBTQ+ is a must. No, I do not expect to ship - as I said, shipping is secondary and only done when there is chemistry. Whether your character is heterosexual or not, my characters are all LGBTQ+ and if that makes you uncomfortable then we will not be able to get along.
    • I prefer someone who can at least write 300 words. Less is fine, but I suppose you'll have to wow me with your plot or your writing. I prefer quality to quantity. Matching is unnecessary.
    • I would like to roleplay with characters that are at least in their late 20s. I apologize, but I'm not a fan of rping with younger characters unless it's specifically a plot or character that appeals to me a great deal.
    • Someone who helps with worldbuilding and communicates even when no rping is being done. I like somebody that can maintain a friendly conversation and ultimately have fun. Even if we get nowhere with the rp, the time we spend plotting and geeking out over our universe and ocs are golden to me.
    • Someone patient. I have a spotty schedule. I'm only off one day a week, and sometimes that one day off means a lot to me. Sometimes, I crash all day. Please don't expect daily replies. Sometimes it's hard for me to churn out weekly replies.
    • Somebody who is willing to jump from rp topic to rp topic. I've got that ADD brain, unfortunately, and I've got nothing but ideas churning in this head of mine.
    I know I have a tendency to sound like a bit of an ass, but I promise I don't bite. I'm much more chill in dms. I hope to be hearing from some of you soon!

What happens in the shadows, No one has to know. The truth is in the gallows. It'll burn, but won't let go.

A whisper in the darkness, in the quiet it'll grow. You try to hide it in the farthest place, but everybody knows.

β™‘coded by uxieβ™‘

Last edited:
Retired Plots
A plot will be retired once it is claimed twice. Unless the roleplay falls through, I will not be duplicating it.
Retired plots will be striked through.
Rp Samples
Please send an rp sample when you dm me if your profile is private or you do not have any roleplays outside of dms.
This is an old starter. I am shaking off the rust as we speak.

VINCE 撁景峰

• mood
    Relaxed, elated. About to lose his shit.

interactions
    Yebai, Henry, Mal

Glory Surrendered to Me

It wasn't often that things were quiet. Even when life came to a standstill on the streets, there was no end to the hustle and bustle under the surface. That was what had him both on edge and relaxed for a change of pace. If the Red Lotus, Sun On Yee, 14K, and even HKPF were going to keep their head down though he wasn't going to complain. After all, it finally afforded him time to spend with HuΓ‘. Intelligent brown eyes stared right back at him, light bouncing off of his brilliant green scales as Vincent lifted the water dragon ever so slightly to look into his eyes. "What a handsome boy you are," he cooed and HuΓ‘'s only response was a rather apathetic slow blink.

Across from him, he could practically hear Yebai's brain working overtime to make sense of what he was seeing. "We're not going to do anything?" Finally. It had been minutes since Yebai had fallen silent and Vincent had all but came to terms with the fact that the man had said his fill. Yebai's lips were pressed into a firm thin line as he mulled over what this entailed and Vince feared if he didn't answer the other man soon, Yebai would implode from overthinking.

"What's there to do?"

His indifferent shrug was met with an aggravated sigh as Yebai reached over the table to pluck his cigarette from between his fingers. Vince lifted his head to meet Yebai's eyes as the other man put the cigarette in his own lips and took a long slow drag. "This is a perfect opportunity to press our advantage while the others' are at a standstill." Alright, well when Yebai put it that way it certainly sounded like he had lost his touch. He allowed the other man to keep his cigarette even as he leaned back in the leather seats, HuΓ‘ clamoring up his arm to perch upon his shoulder to stare blankly at Yebai for a change. If that bothered the Incense Master, there was hardly any response.

After a long drawn-out moment, Yebai reached across the table offering the cigarette to him. He waited long enough for Vince to take it before scratching HuΓ‘ under the chin. He didn't know how Yebai did it, but the water dragon practically preened under his skillful fingers. The ungrateful bastard never behaved like that for him.

Yebai was patient. He simply kept this position, breeching Vincent's personal space casually as he waited for some sort of response.
"It's clear that this tentative peace is a result of the conflict between the Sun On Yee and 14K. If either the Red Lotus or we moved first, that would redivert their attention away from one another. I'd rather they tear each other apart while we sit back and do nothing." Though the response wasn't the one Yebai wanted, the man was willing to concede an argument when a valid point was raised and his body stilled before he nodded curtly. For a brief moment, their eyes met and then he stood and grabbed his jacket, lifting his hand in a quiet farewell before excusing himself. He knew what exactly was on the other man's mind. It was anybody's game, after all.

Though the Kowloon Baihu had sorted itself out and they were as stable as triads went, their influence was still challenged by the Sun On Yee due to their tentative allegiance with the 14K. On the other hand, the Red Lotus was known to extend a hand to the Sun On Yee at times. If the Sun On Yee wasn't careful, the Red Lotus would take everything from them when they found themself with their backs against the wall and the HKPF at their throats. Yebai didn't want them missing out on all the action just to find their greatest rival on top because Vincent had hesitated at a critical juncture in the road.

All in good faith, he reminded himself as he snubbed the dying embers of his cigarette in the ashtray. From his perch on Vince's shoulder, HuΓ‘ continued to stare at him. Uncowed and possessing quite a presence that could intimidate lesser men. Be vigilant he seemed to say and Vince tipped his head curiously. No wonder he and Yebai got along so well. With an exaggerated sigh, he lowered his hands over his knees loud enough for a resounding slap to be heard.
"Fair enough!" Their point had been made. He'd listen, god damn it.

He'd reconsider Yebai's request at a later point in time. However, Vincent was more than convinced that his decision was the best one. After all, Xingfu was known to see five steps ahead of everyone else in the triads. His wisdom was frightening, as many had witnessed time and time again. And though Vincent knew he had a temper, he wasn't rash enough to make the first move without knowing for certain that it would benefit the Kowloon Baihu.

Strolling across the room, he opened HuΓ‘'s enclosure and the Chinese water dragon was quick to reach out his claws and take ahold of the branch - climbing onto one of the many trees that dotted his sizable tank.
"What? It's almost like you like it better when I'm busy," he chastised the lizard even as he offered a king mealworm to the big bastard who snapped at it greedily and wolfed down the snack. "Do the pet sitters spoil you the way I do?" He dared HuΓ‘ to tell him otherwise though the resounding silence that followed his question hadn't been unexpected, it was far less interesting than whatever response HuΓ‘ could have come up with had he been able to speak. Oh, what wonderful conversations he and the others must have while they were in their enclosures overnight.

Suddenly, his phone was vibrating in his pocket and he could only scowl as he reached for it.
"What is it? I'm in a very important meeting," he all but snapped. That usually kept the do-gooders away who thought they knew what good advice was and any headache-inducing conversation at bay. There was a long drawn out pause as the person on the other end of the phone seemed to contemplate exactly what he had said. All was going according to plan.

"Which one is it this time? Is it HuΓ‘, Wei, Fang, or one of your other babies that I can't even remember all the names of?" Fuck. There was a reason Yebai always told him to look at the caller ID prior to picking up or speaking. He could tell Henry was amused if his tone of voice was anything to go by, but being called out for his antics was shameful. "Anyways, you don't have to say anything." He could imagine Henry was lifting his hand up in a placating gesture to buy a minute of his silence as per usual. "I called you because Mark's been in contact with me. There's something a fellow contact of his has in their possession that might interest you if you get there in the next..." There was a pregnant pause as Henry checked his watch. "Fifty minutes."

"What's the occasion?" If Henry wasn't going to push for an answer, Vince certainly wasn't going to do him the favor of telling him that he had been absolutely correct in his assumption. Besides, Henry rarely called if it wasn't either something important or a social call - both things that Vincent had never minded from the other man. It was a little unbecoming to admit that despite the time that had passed, he still couldn't find it in himself to turn down Henry if the opportunity arose.

Henry wasn't daft, he could tell that the other man had caught on about his reluctance to even acknowledge his earlier question. His laughter was music to Vince's ears and he closed his eyes for a brief moment, taking it to heart. "I'm glad you asked because I was dying to tell you," Henry said warmly. There was a creak on the other side of the phone as he leaned against the furniture and Vincent found himself echoing Henry's movements as he sat down on the edge of his oak table. "Mark says his acquaintance has in their possession a Tang Yin original. Now as much as I'd love to get my hands on that, you know that's a little above my price range because there's no way I'm going to be able to pay for its upkeep otherwise I wouldn't be calling you. Interested?"

"Tang Yin?" Vincent echoed, uncertain if he was hearing that right. Tang Yin as in one of the Four Masters of Ming? He couldn't have heard that right, but judging from the way Henry's voice lifted in absolute glee he was all but certain that Henry was being dead serious. "Where is it? I'll be there right away. Do you even know which painting it is?" Without even waiting for Henry to continue, he was already scrambling to find his car keys. God damn those tiny bastards, they always seemed to evade his hands when he was in desperate need of them.

"You're not going to believe this but Mark confirmed it. It's Making Tea." Aha! He lifted his keys victoriously watching them swing and clank against one another before they fell out of his hands and onto the floor. He stood there for a moment, eyes open wide and mouth agape. "Right, right. You can save the questions for later. You had best get going. He's only going to hold it for you until midnight. I think my reaction was the same." He must have been speechless for a ridiculous amount of time. "I'm going to text you the address of the auction house. The individual you're going to want to get in contact with is called Maldwyn Wynn-Lai. Call me first when you get it in your hands, alright? I want to see that again. Last I saw it was where it belonged in the Palace Museum."

Insanity. Absolute insanity. Since when could art thieves just lift antiques from the Palace Museum? Well, Vincent knew one thing for certain. He wasn't going to ask. He simply wanted to see if it was the real deal and if it was he was willing to part with any sum of money for what was quite frankly a priceless artifact that would look absolutely stunning hanging in his office. He could already imagine it in his mind's eye.

"Right, right." In his haste, he had shoved Henry into his pocket without ending the call or saying his farewells so that he could gun it to the auction house after looking over the address. Midnight had been the deadline and he had arrived with time to spare. Straightening out his dress shirt, he reached out to grab his suit jacket thrown haphazardously over the passenger's seat and slipped it on. He paused for a few seconds, staring at himself in the small side-view mirror to make sure his hair was immaculate as ever before heading inside.

The contact - or so he hoped he was - turned to face him as he pushed the door open and he could only barely spare them a glance in his elation before his eyes flicked over to the painting laid out.
"Is that it?" He asked rather bluntly before coughing into a fisted hand. "Where are my manners. Yes, I'm Vincent Leung. Maldwyn Wynn-Lai?" That was quite a name and he had pronounced it as best he could from what he could remember of Henry's own pronunciation during his spiel. He extended his hand for a firm handshake, using the opportunity to take a step closer to look at the handscroll as well.

A low whistle escaped him even as he shook his head, appraising the work without reaching out to touch it. This was the first time he had seen it so close. The last time he had been at a safe distance from the work due to the museum's conservation policies.

"Spectacular." There was so much he was seeing in the fine handiwork now that it was right before him as compared to a picture online or a fair distance away. His voice was reserved in awe and he found himself lost in the minute details for a moment too long before he glanced up at the younger man. "What's the asking price?"

coded by weldherwings.

Last edited:
Gentle bump, come get your plots while they're hot out the oven
And if none of them appeal to you, then feel free to reach out and we can make something original <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back