• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom there was an idea... | in character

eclipsa

faerie sightings

start date: april 5, 2018
years since sokovia: 3

episode: one
objectives: establish characters, reveal terrorist attack, set the stage for the accords
length: 1-2 days

Last edited by a moderator:
April, 5th, 2018

Originally Jean-Baptiste had planned to return to the United States, but there was set backs. Apparently when you make plans it's Custom for change to arrive at your door most unexpectedly, nevertheless a few set backs wouldn't hold him for too long. Yet last minute business was never a strong suit nor a favored past time for Jean-Baptiste as that meant rushed thinking and communicating without the proper focus to offset that imbalance of timing and natural reaction to the unexpected.

Hours went by before the poorly constructed offer was made to him, moments later a immediate slam of the door was heard and a dust off gesture from his hand was made while simultaneously slamming the door on their faces. Really, the offer to partner in his company and buy a stake in the JBL Enterprises was truly foolish and made up of wishful thinking. Things had changed over the years, JBL Enterprises wasn't the exact model it once was but this was preferable to the alternative though...... It made Jean-Baptiste wonder about hiring another assistant to help out around here.

Eventually JB left for the United States leaving behind his home and native France for the foreseeable future to hopefully meet up with some alliances. It had been three years since the nightmare of Sokovia happened, three years of reflection on his mistake, three years since all those lives were lost, three years of regrets and inner torture to settle in. Not a day went by when Jean-Baptiste didn't think of what he could have done differently, what he should have done all along......

In the mind of Iron Man, in the heart of Jean-Baptiste, Three Years was a long time..... A seeming eternity.....

But at the same time it felt like only yesterday. Now however was a separate time and one to remain present within while not forgetting the past either.

This was a new chapter.........

poppy versace
↝ location: new york city
↝ outfit: x
↝ mentions: jack
↝ tags: dva dva
Day off? Perfect. Jack in New York City at the same time as her? Even better. Her fingers gripped her phone tightly while she watched the barista fix their coffees. The energy in the room was amazing. She would have loved to make it a light show. Restraint was her strong suit, and she managed to keep from giving into her wishes.

It was for the best, after the past few years people certainly weren't as open to the idea of powered people as they used to be. It wasn't really surprising, she guessed. They weren't the safest people around, really. Things did seem to go poorly when powers were involved. Yet, normal people had never been particularly friendly either. It was a bundle of misunderstandings and hatred.

Poppy shook off the thoughts as her manicured fingers slid some loose bills into the tip jar and then wrapped around the coffees. Her hands had been cold, so she appreciated the warmth. She made her way to Jack after that, the click of her heels the only sound she heard as she focused on keeping her cool in a city full of energy. "Here you go, captain."

giphy.gif

jack quill
location - ny
mentions - poppy
tags - @aeonian
outfit -

and i can't keep a girl, no 'cause as soon as the sun comes up, i cut 'em all loose and work's my excuse but the truth is i can't open up

Jack grinned. "Captain?" He lifted his eyes from his laptop, uncrossing his legs. "Thank you, princess," He winked and lifted the cup from her hands. He placed it on the right of his computer and began to type again. He knew Poppy was tense. He hadn't really thought of the tension between those with powers and those without until he spent more time on Earth. He wasn't really "gifted," so to speak. He was a master strategist and an absolute beast in close-quarter combat ... Besides his sentient buddies, he didn't have much to put to his name except for his expertise. He had, though, became concerned when Poppy mentioned the hesitation that normal people had regarding those with powers. He began to research on sanctuaries, rebels, up-to-date government works on the matter ... He hadn't really gone too far, though. Since the Accords haven't been drafted yet, no one knew which country was going to be safe.

"You can always come up into space with me, Pop," He said, facing her. "I've got a fairly roomy spaceship, a couple of restaurants who will give me discounts and free meals ... especially if I bring a lovely girl like yourself in," He smiled, poking his tongue through his teeth. He sighed and leaned back. "And your work would be quite the attraction up there,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back