• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Theo Lopez [open to one more]

JesterTagz

The Trickster
Theo wasn't a big fan of DA meetings, yet there he was anyway, siting backwards on his chair, foot tip tapping on the quartz floor, sending echoes throughout the giant room. Fifteen chairs had been arranged in a circle, and were occupied by anybody and everybody. Women in beautifully tailored clothes and perfectly done makeup, burly looking men who probably hadn't showered in a month, a guy who looked like he'd just walked in the meeting after chess club, half naked strippers and hippies. So the pale, blue haired man was no outsider.

"I'll start then," he said in the deafening silence. "Hi my name is Theo. I'm a heroin addict." There was a choir of 'Hi Theo' chanted back at him, sounding sad and defeated. Pulling his hoodie's sleeve up, he checked a beat up watch with a blinking green dial which lit up the semi dark room. "And I'm three minutes clean."

Artemis had listened, and attended these meetings quite so often. She had listened to the first person speak, mentioning that their name was Theo, didn’t help out much. Artemis was one of those people that has always cared about her appearance considering that she had a job afterwards. Her hair was dark brown and the wavy type as two braided strands, that had gold rings weaved through them. She had rather emerald green eyes, a nose piercing, and had her ears pierced three times on both sides. She was currently wearing a black dress, with a black long-blazer.

After Theo had finished speaking, she looked around circle, giving herself a soft nod. ‘I guess i’ll go to break the next awkward of silence,’ she thought to herself. She coughed, clearing her throat. ‘Well, hello. I’m Artemis, and I guess you could say I am an alcoholic.’

It was her brothers ideas, for her to attend these meetings, after all, she was never honest with anything. Nobody knew whether she was speaking the truth or not. But part of it, ha, I guess you could say she is one, pretty good drinker.

The meetings were monotonous at best, and absolutely dreadful at worst. Unfortunately, being part of the city's juvi program meant he had to attend them whether he liked it or not. They went around in a circle, some ranting about how terrible their life was, others refusing to give much more than their name. When it came his turn to speak, Theo didn't stop himself from glaring at his officer. The man was waiting in the corner of the room, looking rather bored.

"So Theo, we've heard you've been struggling this week?" the meeting coordinator asked, smiling reassuringly at him. He wanted to smash her face in. "Oh yes, horribly," he mocked. "Truly it's been awful." Despite the sarcasm, the bruises darkening on his skin, the split lip, and handcuffs around his wrists confirmed his words. "What led you to relapsing?"

"This meeting." A sigh. Several people around the circle looked like they wanted to put another few bruises on him. His officer shot him a glare. "Oh, and her outfit." he nodded towards Artemis. "Makes my eyes bleed a little." No it didn't. He rather liked it. The coordinator frowned. "We talked about being kind, Mr. Lopez" she said. "And you can suck my di-" The parole officer shot him a glare. He was holding a taser which he'd grown a bit too fond of using on Theo. And Theo had grown a bit too fond of getting tazed. "What kind of name is Artemis anyway?" the teenager demanded.

Artemis was the type who definitely got the word out if she ever needed to say anything. She has been arrested multiple times, and not just being an alcoholic she’s actually insane. More of a criminal. She was rather good at sneaking and stealing things. The situation with her just being out of prison because of her brothers that have bailed her, and put through court without my simple wording. She had laughed a bit, once Theo had started back talking, she got a pretty good kick out of it. She did notice one thing about him, and that was that he was very short tempered.

Her eyebrow raised, as he called out her appearance before a small smirk plastered to her face, as she leaned back into her chair. ‘Just a little?’ she said sarcastically and had let out a small chuckle, ‘I thought it was worse than that’. It was clear that Artemis had an attitude, and showed it well. She looked to the officer behind the guy, examining him before turning her attention back. ‘Well. How am I supposed to know, I’m not the one who created me,’ she said as she folded her arms. But he did have a good point, she knew nobody with the name, it was quite odd. She had looked to the coordinator of the group who was frowning to her, but she kept her small smirk, ignoring the others as her gaze lifted to the ceiling.

Last edited:
"You've got the name of a god, but give me an hour of your time and I'll make you feel like you're in heave-" The officer had placed a heavy hand on Theo's back, making him recoil violently. A shuddering gasp left him as he tried to shake off the man's hand, rolling his shoulders back. The handcuffs made it that he couldn't push him off. "I told you not to fucking touch me," he hissed, trying to drive the elbow into the officer's stomach and being met with another hand which restrained him further.

"Don't mind him," the officer told Athena, squeezing Theo tighter. "His last girlfriend is six feet under right now." Theo stilled, pressing his lips in a tight white line. "That wasn't my fault. And she wasn't my girlfriend."

She gave a bit of a giggle, very sarcastic of him, she thought to herself as she saw the officer and Theo both tense up. She watched Theo struggle, but then her gaze went towards the officer. She had then sat up in her chair, crossing her legs. ‘Sir, if you don’t mind calming yourself down,’ she said referring to the officer, ‘This man has done nothing wrong yet, and I don’t think you have so much a say in his previous life.’ There was a difference in her mind. Yes, it was wrong to talk about a life that someone wasn’t involved in but also at the same time, she disliked any form of the government. ‘Also clearly, the poor soul doesn’t like contact with such a person, so maybe it is a good idea to restrain yourself back to the corner of the room,’ she insisted.

Theo shoot her a grateful look. It was rare for someone to show him any shred of kindness. After the meeting was over he'd be thrown back in his 2 by 2 cell, left to rot for a week. There was barely enough room to lay down. "You used a lot of big words there. I doubt he understands most of them."

The way he was sitting, hands crossed over the front of the chair and knees spread around the seat, it was very bloody hard to move. Meaning there was nothing he could do to avoid Officer Derek's fingers from sliding up his back and curling around the back of his throat. A tick started up in Theo's jaw. "I'm done," he said, climbing off the chair and standing up. He barely came up to the man's shoulder. "Uhh..so my life sucks, my daddy beat me, and heroin is bad I won't do it again. That about wraps it up, yea?"

The officer rolled his eyes and ushered Theo to the door, bidding good day to the administrator. "He'll be better behaved next time," Derek promised.

She had nodded. About a week later Artemis, was currently at the the place of where the DA meetings took place. She had been currently talking to a fellow officer, and her brother. Her brother was about five years older than her, and into business. His name was Tayo. The reason why they had currently been talking to an officer, was because of course I was ‘seen’ trying to steal something..But I mean come on, me?, oh please. I’d never tell anyone even if my life depended on it. My brother always had my back in these types of situations if he was ever there, or at least tried too. It took a while for the officer to comply and walk away. After a moment, of course Tayo, had to start arguing about how I promised to stop, over a month ago, I mean he had to have seen it coming. I tell him the same ridiculous lie every time, and still hasn’t caught onto it.

We had now been walking out of the building, as I leaned against the wall. She had currently been wearing a off-shoulder black top, and black jeans. Tayo repeatedly yelled, ‘Are you that stupid?’ ‘How many times will it take you.’ Blah, blah, blah. She heard the same thing almost every time she got caught doing something. She looked to the sky, letting him ramble on. Of course it was her brother, but hell, he annoyed the hell out of me. Now at this point, Artemis has started to yell back due to her also being short-tempered. All she wanted to do now, was go grab a couple of drinks; drink the night away and maybe cause some havoc.

Last edited:
Theo was the first in the meeting, as usual. Except now, he was shivering, a light coat of sweat covering his skin. His eyes were glazed over, staring through the meeting coordinator. The tip tap of his foot filled the silent room, earning him glares from everyone else watching. "Hi my name is Theo," he said, voice not carrying it's usual edge. It was faint, as if it came from deep inside the young man and had struggled to make it to the surface. "And I'm a heroin addict. Three days clean." He certainly looked like it, pale as a corpse, his hands wrapped so tightly around the back of the chair it seemed like to pry him away they'd need to chop his fingers off.

His eyes wandered around the room, pausing on Artemis for a couple moments before lowering back to his hands. "My retrial sucked. Life sentence stays. Heroin is bad, I won't do it again." Jasmine spoke next. She was a pretty woman wearing purple from head to toe, a hijab covering her hair. She was a gambler, who was a little to fond for telling everyone her life story. Then Thomas. He was a sex addict probably having been brought there for cheating on his wife. Then it was Artemis' turn once more. She seemed to have earned the ire of Officer Derek, for he was looking at her as if she was something particularly nasty he'd stepped on.

Last edited:
‘And your late, so go,’ Tayo had been referring to the daily meetings. She groaned, making her way back into the building, mimicking every single word that has some out of her brothers mouth, even after she entered the room, letting the door slam behind her. She could care less if people were staring at her, until she had sat down in the corner of the room not even wanting to involve herself. She has crossed her legs and leaned back into her chair.

She had took a deep breath, before “calming” herself down. Now listening to the rest of the group, and examining each person that was there. Artemis, wasn’t the type of person to judge, but man, it was so necessary at times. So that’s what she did, silently to herself. She looked to the group coordinator, and her facial expression had changed, resting bitch-face has always worked well for her. She despised most people, and they were one of them.

Theo didn't notice the time pass. After this three sentence speech, he'd clocked out. Hazy eyes resting on his clasped hands, voices muffled all around him. He didn't bother listening to their stories, just glad for the warm room and semi comfortable seat. Two hours. The meeting lasted two hours. At one point he started dozing off, earning himself a jab in the side from Derek. "Ms Artemis," the coordinator said. "How was your week?"

The coordinator was a tall, dark skinned woman with silver eyeliner giving her eyes a feline look. She had a myriad of bracelets around her wrists, which jingled with every move she made. And, like most DA coordinators, she had the unnerving ability to make you squirm just by looking at you. "We heard you had a relapse just a few hours ago. Would you like telling us what caused that?"

Artemis, didn’t exactly listen to anything that was being said. She could tell by a glance that Theo had been struggling, that was until she shook her head as she heard her name get called out. I looked to the coordinator as my expression gave a small grin. ‘Oh? My week? Absolutely perfect,’ she was being sarcastic, that, and she had laughed.

Sitting up in her chair, her posture straightening as they asked the next question. Now, she gave a scoff, and nodded, ‘Oh, no thank you. But I mean if you insist, you can be my next reason for a relapse.’ It was shown on Artemis face that she was bothered. Both her hands were entwined with each other, which gave her enough restraint to keep her from going completely out of line.

"Ms Artemis, I beg of you that you take these meetings seriously. Who knows, they might actually help you!" Theo giggled from his seat. "No they won't," he mumbled, swaying a little from side to side. He'd been there for a year and a half. First for heroin. Then for Blizzard. Then for lsd. Then for heroin again. "No, they won't."

"No one asked you Lopez," Thomas grumbled, although it was clear on his face that he didn't want to be there either. The burly man shifted in his seat, glaring at the celling. "Shut up, you deserve to be in here," Theo snapped back. "If you're stupid enough to get caught cheating that's on you." Thomas seemed to want to hurl something at him. "And you're a junky who murdered his girlfriend for drug money."

"Not my girlfriend. And I didn't kill her."

She scoffed once again underneath her breath, before she had exchanged glances between Thomas, and Theo. She had shook her head, pushing out her arms and standing up. ‘Alright, both of you shut it. Your like 5 year olds fighting over a toy. And for your information Thomas, you have no room to speak.’ She had then laughed. ‘Hell, I don’t even have the room to speak,’ she admitted as she looked back to the coordinator. ‘Oh, and don’t think for a second that this bullshit is ever going to help me.’

That was until she felt a hand on her shoulder, pushing her back into her seat. She swatted the persons hand away before looking up, noticing it was her other brother, who had been standing in the other part of the room in a corner. ‘I’m sorry for her behavior, she’s a bit out of it,’ Her brother spoke for her. Artemis let out a sigh, now knowing that she was going to get another lecture.

Thomas raised an eyebrow in her direction. "You're awfully quick to defend a murderer." Stretching in his seat, the man pulled out his phone, wincing at the sheer amount of missed notifications. "This week, last week as well. Do you know what he di-" The coordinator gave Thomas a look that shut him up. "Our pasts don't matter," she said, leaning forward in her seat and talking to the group of 15 as if they were children. "You are all here because you've got a problem to fix. Yes Ms. Artemis, you too."

"I am glad to see you all today, but healing won't happen unless you work for it. So starting this week, you are all going to keep a diary. Grab a notebook and a pencil from the bin on your way out. It will help you sort through your thoughts."

‘Maybe I am so myself,’ she was quick to mutter, as her gaze dropped to the floor. Her brother stood behind her, completely silent waiting for the meeting to be over with. Once the coordinator had called her out once again, her brother let out a chuckle. I’d then elbow him from the front, as she had a grin of i’m going to kill you outside type. She had then stood,
and walked over to the notebooks and pencils before anyone else had gotten up. She had a disgusted look on her face as she turned looking to the coordinator.

That’s until she grinned, and flipped her off. She had then looked to her brother, who was glaring. I let out a scoff, and ran out the door. My brother on the other hand, exchanged glancing between the group of people and then chased after me. But one thing, if you looked closely. This brother, was a cop. He had his gun holstered, and his badge clipped to his back pocket.

Last edited:
Theo didn't grab a notebook on his way out. Today was a bit different. Upon getting up, a wave of dizziness passed over him, bile rising in his throat. He didn't make it to the cop car. His father was paying for him to be in rehab, a way of keeping him out of his way while feeling like a responsible father. It was all wrapped up in a neat little package which he didn't have to deal with. A package which unfortunately didn't come with visits to the doctor.

Theo had collapsed outside in the parking lot, and no amount of screaming from Derek would get him off the asphalt, rough hands digging into his skin and attempting to drag him in the car. It seemed like the withdrawal symptoms had finally caught up to him. The last thing he saw was Derek's ugly face twisted in annoyance.

She had watched what had happened, which was also another reason why he brother had caught up to her. Once she saw the commotion she stopped, her brother had then caught up to her by then. Since she had given herself away due to violence, he cuffed her. It didn’t phase her as much since she was used to it but she had seemed distracted. ‘This is stupid,’ she thought to herself as her brother pulled her away. Artemis wasn’t the type to feel bad, but something had seemed rather off.

Of course she had ended up going to jail, for who knows how long until Tayo decided to bail her out which has happened every single time. Jail, seemed to get her more sneaky and on-edge. She got into multiple fights but that was expected out of her, even murder.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back